Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

RCarr posted:

I mean if he wasn't suspended I don't see how he isn't the first overall pick. Dude was basically averaging 200 yards from scrimmage every game. He's a beast. His suspension definitely hurts, but he's still easily a first round pick. I'm keeping him in the third round in my league and I couldn't be happier.
Because your first pick can't be a gamble. Not only does he have the suspension, but his health issues are already a concern and hes a running back to boot. That's why you should be taking Dez Bryant over OBJ. 3 straight seasons of 200+ standard points, 12+ TDs, 1200+ yards and he had his best season last year even though his targets went down (and they will go back up with Murray gone). Compare that to a more impressive second year receiver who has already missed games due to leg injuries (and is currently sitting out til training camp because he has injured his OTHER hamstring)? I want my first and second picks to be rocks and a suspended running back with injury concerns is not a rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Wow, really interesting work. What does it look like in a 12 player league with standard scoring?

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

Here's what happens if everybody uses aggregate rankings (adjusting for need, making fuzzy picks between the top 4 candidates each turn) in a 12-team league (500 sims):
So if I understand this right, the "adjusting for need" thing is basically that as a person's team fills up, they start giving more value to spots that are unfilled? I.E. If I go RB-WR-RB in my first 3 picks, my TE "need" goes up because I have not filled it? So in that case, maybe I draft Travis Kelce instead of Lamar Miller, even though Miller has a slightly higher ADP, because my "need" for TE pushes Kelce up a few spots?

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Franks Happy Place posted:

In-season roster management is way more important than drafting, too. Even the best drafted team will fall apart if you don't make the right moves.
If your end of the season roster looks just like your draft roster, you hosed up because it means you didn't 1) make good waiver wire pickups and 2) didn't make any advantageous trades.

Varg posted:

that's a lot of words and numbers that end up meaning nothing as soon as the draft actually starts and you just go by instinct after thinking about the perfect draft strategy for the last 6 months. fwiw I've had the 1st spot once and 2nd spot twice in the past 3 years in 10 teams and have won all those years. I really don't know if draft position means all that much when you have a mix of people who know and don't really know what they're doing.
All the stats go out the window when your buddies coworker that you got at the last minute to make it 12 decides to draft only 49er's "because they are going to win the super bowl this year".

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Like half of y'all lit a roster spot on fire for 2014 Josh Gordon :lol:

That's an all-time fantasy football waste of a roster spot
In one of my 12 man leagues, someone picked him up like week 4 and swore that if he could JUST make the playoffs, Gordon would carry him to the championship. It was especially cruel because Gordon had 120 yards that first game back (week 12) and he got SUPER pumped. Needless to say, his 1 point in week 14 did not carry my friend to victory.

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Trading those players to someone willing to buy "low" is my favorite part of the fantasy season
Got DT week 4 for a steal :D

Sataere posted:

I think the way to really test this out would be to use last years projections against that draft-based simulator, and then measure the results that actually occurred.
AP probably fucks all this up.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Zero RB strat last year was not viable. I did a bunch of mocks going for a Graham/Gronk or a DT/Peyton strat and kept getting Toby Gerhart and Bishop Sankey as RB1/2 and I wasn't comfortable with that
I'm not sure I agree, but I think the idea that WR is a safer position because of injuries did not really hold up. A lot of the top 15 projected WR's pretty much hit their numbers, but some of the big ones that did not (AJ Green, Brandon Marshall, Victor Cruz) were because of injuries. There were a few that just did not put up the numbers (Keenan Allen, Andrew Johnson, VJax) and a solid amount that were right on target.

I think RB's were a little more volatile, but not as much as the zero RB strategy would have you believe. I look at the top 8 projected RBs and if we remove AP because of his suspension, the only one who really was a bust was Montee Ball. It gets worse as you go further down in to the 15 and reach the Zac Stacy's and Ryan Mathews, but going RB with your first pick was no worse than going WR last year.

My take away from all of this is that I'm going to go with what the draft gives me. Not all of my leagues are full of stat nerds who follow fantasy football closely, and I'm not going to stick with a zero RB strat if Lacy falls to me at the 1.12 or something.

cheese fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jun 13, 2015

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

A lot of what he is saying seems to be PPR oriented. He even says in one of his responses to the comments "I mean ya I would get an RB1 earlier if I was in standard" or something. It does sort of sound like he counts on being able to snag mid-late round RB's that blow up, like J. Hill and Crowell did last year. Either way, its hard to say that zero RB looked really good last year. God help you if you went Megatron-AJ Green-Keenan Allen-Crabtree with your first four picks or something. Even if you HAD managed to grab the right mid-late pick RBs like Hill and Crowell, you probably started 2-6 and were out of the playoffs by week 9. I look at the RB stats from last year and I don't see how you can expect to have grabbed the few late round RB's who put up big points to complement a season in which top 25 WR's seemed just as likely to underperform or be injured as top 25 RB's.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Gyshall posted:

The Browns backfield was and will be nothing more than a daily tournament play this year. Don't draft those guys at all... Crowell was barely startable as an RB4 last year.
It feels like there are even more backfields than usual that a total mess. The Browns arn't the only team who have a backfield that is entirely made up of late round fliers at best. Even some of the ones that seem like they have a decent starter like Dallas are just crazy risky.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

I've been doing mock drafts/draft simulators to get ready, and I feel like the one spot I'm struggling is once I get into that late RB2/RB3 range. The Latavius Murrays, the Blounts, Randles, Joique Bell, Bernard, etc. What are you guys looking for when taking those backs? Lets say you went WR/WR, got Alfred Morris with your 3rd pick and are looking at taking RB's with your next two picks. Do you want a player who is a reliable starter or the best back in a RBBC? Most of those guys all have huge red flags and I'm trying to figure out which red flags I'm ok with.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

coronaball posted:

It's a boring late June Wednesday, so I re-activated the Goon Money League. We currently have one opening if anyone is interested. Time to get auction-raped by goons for the 5th straight year!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3727699&pagenumber=1#lastpost

I posted in the thread and would like to play :)

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Its Miller Time posted:

Counts on fingers...10 is also not divisible by 3.

edit: J. Hill went 2.3 in my most recent MFL ahead of Jordy, Cobb and Alshon or Foster, Anderson, Forsett, Murray and McCoy.

Agree? I think the current rankings (PPR ECR) might oversell Hill (#11) and undersell Gio (#22). Last year they went:

Gio: 168 attempts, 680 yards, 5 TD's, another 43 receptions, 349 yards and 2 TD's total for 188 points and #16 for the year

Hill: 222 attempts, 1124 yards, 9 TD's, another 27 receptions, 215 yards and 0 receiving TD's for 215 points and #10 for the year.

They both have pretty good YPC but Hill's is insane. 5.06 and Gio's 4.05.
Didn't Hill have 3 or 4 really long 60+ yard TD runs?

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Man if you want to pay for a thing that would have told you last year to drop Bradshaw and pick up TRich, be my guest

It really does seem like the big secret of FF and especially the websites that sell paid content is that so much of it is hard to predict.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Gearman posted:

He missed pretty much all of camp, and the first four games of last season with a hamstring injury. He didn't do anything the first four games, because he didn't even play.
You really don't want to miss with your first pick and OBJ has way too many red flags for me to spend my first pick on him.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Wow thanks NFL.com ranks for this:

1.01 Le'Veon Bell
2.10 AJ Green
3.01 Andrew Luck
4.10 Frank Gore
5.01 Melvin Gordon
6.10 Brandon Marshall
7.01 Travis Kelce
8.10 TJ Yeldon
9.01 CJ Spiller
10.10 Golden Tate
11.01 Martavis Bryant
12.10 Charles Johnson
13.01 Ameer Abdullah
14.10 Rams DST
15.01 Steven Hauschka

Anyway see ya at the championship
I know thats a 10 man but god drat son.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

89 posted:

I just realized I busted on all three of my first picks last year (Megatron, Brandon Marshall, & Zac Stacy)....but I still won the championship 😎
I went Charles, Marshall, Stacy last year too in a league and made it to the championship. Grabbing Jeremy Hill late saved it for me and I made a great trade for DT early in the season (after week 2 or 3) when he was sucking it up.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

So I just found out I've got the #1 pick in my 100 dollar league. I'm a big fan of Zero RB / WR+WR drafts but I don't think I can really justify taking Dez or Antonio with the first pick. This will probably be the only league that I take a top tier RB in and I'm really leaning towards Bell. Someone tell me I am an idiot for taking a player who will already miss two extra games with the first pick...

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Zypher posted:

14 teams, .5 ppr

QB: Dalton
RB: Forte, L. Murray, Spiller, A. Foster, L. Dunbar
WR: AJ Green, Cooks, Charles Johnson, J. Brown, K. Stills, E. Royal
TE: Cameron

Dunno how to feel about this. Ok I guess.
Yikes, I hate this team :ohdear: Forte is a PPR monster but his receptions are likely to go way down and your top two WR's were injury plagued last season

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Doltos posted:

Yeah that's how bad the 5th pick in a 14 person PPR league is. It seems like there's a ton of high quality WRs this year but there really aren't. You have Brown/Bryant/ODB/Thomas/Jones/Megatron/Nelson/Green/Cobb as the top tier, Hilton/Evans/Sanders as decent 2nd round picks, and then question mark 3rd/4th round picks like Jeffery/Benjamin/Hopkins/Cooks/Andre 3000/Jackson/Bryant/Jordan Matthews/Marshall/Edelman/Keenan Allen. That last group all is ehhh and I wouldn't feel great trotting any of them out week after week as my #1 WR. That's why if I have the fifth I feel like I have to reach on Brown/ODB/Thomas/Bryant then hope something is good for the second pick.
That is 12 guys you list as WR #1 quality in a 14 man PPR league. Do you need more when Bell and Charles and others are going to be first rounders as well? Even with that said, I look at guys like Jordan Matthews in a Chip Kelly offense and Hopkins on a team with no Foster and no other good receivers, and feel good about them in PPR.

89 posted:

We'll see :smug:

You guys keep drafting OBJ in the first round and let a bad rear end RB slip to me! :)

(For what it's worth, the high risk/reward with OBJ, I'd take a gamble on him in the 2nd. But 1st? Helllll no.)
I think a lot of people are iffy on OBJ as a first round pick. This many injuries in a sophomore WR is scary.

cheese fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Aug 9, 2015

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Then you probably want to look somewhere other than SA
:drat:
Why does Big Ben keep talking up Wheaton? I really like Bryant but that makes me a little nervous. Just smoke and mirrors or what?

Zypher posted:

Brandin Cooks broke his hand -- not a recurring injury -- and all signs point to becoming a target monster in that offense.
Oh right, for some reason I thought he tore some tendon in his hand or something. A break is much better.

Doltos posted:

The #1 rule in fantasy is don't grab good players in terrible offenses. The Texans are going to be an absolute train wreck which means Hopkins is probably going to put up a very unreliabe statline this year from week to week. You'll probably get a ton of duds out of him. Matthews might be a bit better, but he seems the type that could easily be replaced midstream as a favorite target as Chip's new offense smooths itself out.

14 person leagues also aren't as thin as they sound. Last year I had a top 3 RB, QB, and WR, all of which were drafted in a variety of spots using the logic of good player, good offense. It'd really suck to waste a third or fourth on a guy who may put up 20 one week and 3 the next, then put up 6, then when you bench him he puts up 12, then you start him and he puts up 4, then you bench him and he puts up 28. Like Hopkins' breakout year last year looks pretty nice on paper but almost all of his fantasy points were scored in four games, which doesn't build championships.
I wasn't advising him to take Hopkins and Matthews as WR #1s. Just pointing out that they are the best receivers on their teams and should receive significant volume, which is of importance in a PPR league. Hopkins had a perfectly fine year for a rookie WR and while hes not going to score 12 TDs, I would have no problems taking him with my fourth pick in a 14 team full PPR league. I also have no idea how you can look at Matthews from last year, Maclin leaving and think that Matthews has mid season dud written all over him. :iiam:

Also, I thought the #1 rule in Fantasy was to not draft any Raiders?

cheese fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 9, 2015

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Tiptoes posted:

I can't believe how many people are scared off by ODB. In PPR leagues, I think he's worth considering at 1.01.
Misses first four games of his rookie season to a hamstring injury, then sits out this years OTAs with sore hamstrings? Yikes. You don't gamble with your first pick and OBJ is a gamble. If you have the 1.01 and you take him over AB then I don't even. One is a proven PPR monster, another is an already injury plagued sophomore with one 12 game stretch of AB like numbers.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

89 posted:

He's prob gonna be a bust, but Doug Martin is worth a super late pick gamble. I mean, incase this Winston thing ends up turning out.

But late.

As far as OBJ goes, MAYBE I'm still butthurt about drafting CJ Spiller in the first round a few years ago when he was gonna be the best thing since sliced butter...but no more risky 1st rounders for me.
Don't gamble with your first pick is the true #1 rule of FF.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

That said, I was in a league where someone won by picking as many Cowboys as they could. loving DeMarco and Dez :ohdear:

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Papes posted:

I'm going to have as much Doug Martin exposure as I can get get for cheap. Last year he looked healthy and good again but gameflow completely ruined him (bucs ran the ball the least in the 4th qtr by a fair margin iirc). If the bucs can somehow stay in more games.... or dare I say even have some late leads then Martin should outproduce his adp.
Agreed, he is one of those guys that should outperform ADP because of a change in how his team will be. I'm the same way with Boldin. The 49'ers will be worse, playing from behind a ton and Kaep is a poo poo QB who can only target his first read (Boldin).

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Doltos posted:

People who win their leagues, usually.

Good players on poo poo offenses score way less than good players on good offenses. Jeremy Maclin is going to be a prime example of this rule this year when owners are frustrated by his disappearance weeks because Alex Smith can't throw past 20 yards. Don't bench your studs, don't gamble on your first two picks, don't draft players on poo poo offenses no matter how much beat writers hype up their athleticism.

I dont think anyone disagrees that good players on good teams are better than good players on bad teams... We just also realize that sometimes a good player on a bad team is better than a decent player on a good team. Crazy, I know.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Marshmallow Blue posted:

what round is delaine walker. If im remembering right, he did okay as a late round tight end.
I really like Walker as a late round TE, especially in PPR. I think he is gonna be Mariota's safety value and get a lot of targets.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Doltos posted:

So if he had one good year and one garbage year doesn't it suggest that picking good players on bad offenses is unreliable?
What are you talking about? He was the #1 fantasy WR in 2013 and then spent the majority of 2014 banned. How is that "one good year and one garbage year"? By that logic, AP is garbage and you shouldn't take him. I mean poo poo, he barely had any points last season!

Your "don't draft good players on bad teams" advice is both silly and provably inaccurate. The quality of a players team is just one more factor that should go into your assessment of their value along with injury history, personal changes at other positions, etc.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Doltos posted:

I'd say the quality of the team is the most important factor but of course I agree that age and injury history matters too. You saying personnel changes at other positions just agrees with my argument, but whatever. I think the inability to even cede a little bit that good player on good team will usually have more chances to put up points than good player on bad team is mind boggling. Your first four picks are your most valuable! You can't gamble on your WR1, RB1, or your next two picks that will hopefully be confident picks that you can trot out every week. You don't want your third or fourth round picks to be gambles, you want sure fire scorers there. Once you start delving into your late QB picks or 2nd/3rd WR/RBs, then you can start gambling on the T.J. Yeldons and Latavius Murrays of the world.
Whoa whoa whoa, of course we all agree that a good player on a good team is probably a better bet than a good player on a bad team. I don't think anyone disagrees with you. I also completely agree that you can't gamble with your first few picks. I and others are just pointing out that good players on mediocre-bad teams can still be both very fantasy relevant AND worthy of early draft picks. I just think we might disagree on what that means in practice - the bears are gonna be a dumpster fire this year, but that doesn't Forte and Jeffery are not valuable fantasy players.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

xcore posted:

I'm going to check out the fantasypros premium service, but in the meantime, allow me to vent about my Keeper conundrum (10-Team standard ESPN scoring).

I'm going to lock in Jeremy Hill for a 10th round pick and am tossing up between:
Kelvin Benjamin - 8th Round
Matt Forte - 1st Round (I have the 8th Pick)

I've spent hours trying to work out who my opponents are going to keep and assuming I take Benjamin my results are that there will be 3 Top 10 RBs on the board and 4 live picks by the time it gets to my Pick 8. I'm praying the Rodgers fanboy uses his first round pick on that which still leaves 3RBs for 3 people before me.

Do I take the risk that an RB will fall to me and go for the extra keeper value with Benjamin in the 8th (Is Benjamin going to be good this year?) or do I just suck it up and use my Pick 8 on the Forte keeper and lock in an (on paper) stud RB combo from the beginning?
Benjamin in the 8th is amazing value. Even with the first round low on start RBs, I'm not sure I would even want Forte in the first.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Varg posted:

Hopkins is pretty good

but I'm still likely going to pass over him for a receiver with a more competent QB
Its funny because you can clearly see Hall's right floot slips when he goes to plant it and he falls because of it.

Ty1990 posted:

I actually passed on Hopkins for Jordan Matthews in my draft but I would have had zero issue taking him to be my WR2 (in fact I tried trading down because I liked quite a few wideouts on the board, including Jmatt, Hopkins, and Kelvin) so I'm not sure why everybody is so down on him this year.
I would too. The comparison of the teams these players are on seals the deal. One team may literally have no running game and no other receivers of note, another is a Chip Kelly offense with last years #1 RB on yardage to keep defenses honest.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

TommyGun85 posted:

I have and always will maintain that ending up with picks 6-12 are much better than 1-5. why?

because picks 1-5 are almost always used to draft running backs and its very difficult not to when you get those picks EVEN THOUGH historically only 30% of RBs drafted in the first round become top 10 players at their position. WRs drafted in the first round are twice as likely to reach their potential.

Basically, anyone who gets the first couple picks is too scared to deviate away from picking a RB even though it makes sense statistically. Getting a later pick basically forces you into taking the best WR instead of the 3rd or 4th best RB.

I am obviously a big fan of the no RB strategy with the exception of maybe the first two picks. It has worked out quite well for me.

Anyone try using this approach?
IIRC last year was notable in how many of the projected top 10 RB's actually performed at that level and how many of the projected top 10 WRs were a disappointment. At the end of the day, RB is just a less durable position. It makes sense if you think about it when it comes to how those positions work. WR is always a committee and a top 5 WR does not necessarily lose their top 5 WR status because a new WR on their team does well - DT's numbers did not disappoint because Sanders had a huge year. A top 5 RB on the other hand basically needs to be the bellcow/sole RB to retain his top 5 RB status. If the Chiefs start making Charles do a 50/50 split with Kniles Davis (and who could blame them after watching Davis), then he probably struggles to be top 10. But if Martavius Bryant beasts out for 1100 yards and 10 TDs, Antonio Browns numbers should still be elite.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Amer Abdullah is one of those players that you will not be able to scoop up as easily if you draft late rather than early. I wouldn't be surprised if he moves up a round or two between now and the start of the season.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

MrSargent posted:

Who are the useful handcuffs this year? My RB depth last year was pretty bad due to my choice in late round RBs. I was able to pickup Knile Davis which was nice since I had JC but everyone else I had was terrible.

I can't remember if guys like Jeremy Hill and CJ Anderson were being talked about pre draft last year but I was interested in any comparable picks I could target late this year.

I think what you are asking about is rookie/young RB's who could blow up and take over a starting job, not handcuffs. To me, Ameer Abdullah is not Joique Bell's handcuff - he is his possible replacement. DeAngelo Williams is probably a better example of a handcuff. He is not seeing more than a handful of touches a game unless Bell goes down, in which case he probably jumps in and takes over for the majority of the plays Bell would have had.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Ty1990 posted:

Roster: 12 team PPR

-cam
-AP
- latavius Murray
- Antonio brown
- jordan Matthews
- michael Floyd
- Julius Thomas

- Arian foster
- chris ivory
- fjax
- jerrick McKinnon
- devin funchess
- tavon Austin
- Percy harvin

Was just offered Greg Olsen and Danny Woodhead for Julius Thomas and Arian Foster. Think I know the answer but wanted everybody's opinion.
You would be trading 2 injured players for someone who will be a top 10, maybe top 5 TE. Do it.

Benne posted:

It begins
I feel like this year is the year of RB injuries. Last year was pretty chill with fewer top RB's missing on their ADP than I feel is usual (assuming you account for AP). I feel like this year will see 2 or 3 of the top 5 RBs miss big.

cheese fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 16, 2015

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Spoeank posted:

That was probably noted moron Cecil Lammey. He's a lotto ticket or flyer but they'll probably play a more run and defense game scheme to keep Peyton healthy. The passing game pie is getting smaller and he's third in line.
I love Sigmund Bloom but Cecil Lammey is a loving moron and I couldn't even stomach listening to their 32 team breakdown podcast episodes on my long commute because of him. He has a huge Latimer boner but I wouldn't expect much from Latimer. DT is one of the best WR in the league and has major chemistry with PFM, Sanders will regress but is a great second option and they will be passing quite a bit less than last year to maintain Mannings arm. He also still loves his TD's, even with Orange Julius gone. He should be a purely "What if DT blows out his knee week 2" lottery ticket.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Metapod posted:

Peyton doesn't give a gently caress what a Kubiak offense normally does
Normally I would agree, but I think PFM is smart enough to acknowledge that he broke down towards the end of last season and he will need to manage it more, which means running. He is still going to audible whenever he wants because he is PFM but he has to know he shouldn't be throwing more than ~35 passes a game.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

kiimo posted:

My girlfriend drafted for the first time. She knows absolutely zero about football, much less fantasy football. So I printed off a beer sheet for her PPR league and I must say it could have been a lot worse.

QB: A. Luck
RB: J. Bell
RB: M. Ingram
WR: D. Thomas
WR: J. Matthews
TE: J. Graham
FLEX: I. Crowell
D/ST: Ravens
K: J. Tucker
BEN: R. Matthews
BEN: R. Tannehill
BEN: N. Agholor
BEN: B. Perriman

She has way too many Ravens and Eagles players and her running backs are a prayer and I told her not to draft a backup QB but she didn't even understand what that meant. So not great but going in absolutely blind it could have been worse.
Looks like it went DT, Luck, Ingram, Jordan Matthews and then Jimmy? This is not a GREAT team, but it is totally serviceable and even snagged what I think might be two of the three rookie WR's with the best chance to go big this season.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

weekly font posted:

Shady has a hurt hammy. The RB clulsterfuck gets a lot fuckier.
Shame, so many bad drafters just got saved from making the horrible mistake of picking him in the first.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Is it wrong that some part of me is annoyed that the players who are getting injured pre-drafts, like Shady and Kevlin Benjamin, are ones who I feel like were going to way under perform compared to their ADP, are injured and are now going to drop to more appropriate ADPs? So many bad players are going to miss out on taking Kelvin in the second now...

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Enforka posted:

I traded Benjamin away to move up to a top 3 pick in the first round five days ago. We're a two keeper league. Nobody said anything, as they generally don't for most of the trades that go through. The commissioner even put Benjamin up on the draft board as a keeper for the other guy. Now the guy I am trading him to says the trade should be cancelled because it was never voted on and people did not have the time to see it. We are two days away from the keeper deadline.

Am I right in thinking this is kind of bullshit?
As soon as you both accept the trade, its done. Wanting to go back on it is crap and if your league mates actually vote to rescind this, its a sign its a poo poo league.

This poo poo happens - its part of fantasy football. I traded away Jeremy Hill as part of a big player swap three days before he ran for 154 yards and 2 tds against Jax. Sucks but thats life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

89 posted:

My team:

There is some...interesting free agents out there on the waiver wire. 10 man league.

RB - DeAngelo Williams
RB - Fred Jackson
RB - Ronnie Hillman
WR - Colston
WR - Charles Johnson
WR - John Brown
WR - Michael Floyd
WR - Davante Adams
WR - Kenny Stills
WR - Stevie Johnson
WR - Funchess
WR - Perriman
TE - Josh Hill
TE - Seferarian-Jenkins
DEF - Detroit

Should I worry about any of those guys? I'd have to drop someone.
I dunno if I would keep a second QB rostered in a 10 man league. Funchess would be an interesting pickup just to see how he does with the targets that would go to Benjamin - he may be a solid fantasy pick just because of targets.

• Locked thread