Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Silly Burrito posted:

Thinking about Dallas' front line, do you consider Darren McFadden a first round pick now?

What on earth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

fariz posted:

.5 PPR, 1QB, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 1r/w
Lacy is the only tier 1 RB not being kept. After him there are guys like Foster / Hill / Anderson
WR options are Megatron, Dez, Julio, OBJ (pretty much every one really)

Why on earth is Lacy not being kept?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Keenan Allen at least had a huge year the year before last, so his regression was a little harder to see coming. Cordarelle Patterson was way over - hyped and over drafted even though he had little track record of success, and it destroyed people (me) who thought he could be a weekly WR2.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

It's a boring late June Wednesday, so I re-activated the Goon Money League. We currently have one opening if anyone is interested. Time to get auction-raped by goons for the 5th straight year!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3727699&pagenumber=1#lastpost

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You guys should log in to Yahoo and check out the awesome new site design!

This poo poo is blinding. I'm considering moving a league with 12 years of Yahoo history to another site.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

That is the worst keeper/dynasty league roster I have ever seen in any fantasy sport. How did that get like that?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

RVProfootballer posted:

I'm in a league with a team projecting to start Cutler, TRich, Doug Martin, Roddy White, Colston, Michael Floyd, Kendall Wright, and Fleener...and our start up draft was this spring :downs:

OK you win.

And I read the rules wrong for that Blounts league, I thought they HAD to keep 16 players, not COULD. It's still a pretty bad team with a ton of injury risk.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Gyshall posted:

I'm actually working on an Effortpost OP for DFS, should have it up by the end of the week or so.

That would be appreciated. Personally, I'm dropping some of my weekly leagues to focus more time on DFS this year, and a nice comparison of the different sites would be handy.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I'm doing a live draft in a couple weeks, but some of the managers are flakey and I know at least one won't show. What's the best draft software that also autodrafts for absentee managers? Last year we used Clickydraft, but it doesn't autodraft so we had to kind of do BPA for a team and it ended up being a little strange.

Also, does anyone know if NFL.com allows the commissioner to pause a live draft? Google is ambiguous on the subject.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Live draft with stickers is the best IMO. As for absentee drafters, I would just go with BPA according to ESPN or whatever. I think FBG and 4For4 have draft software but it's part of the subscription.

Yeah we're getting a board with stickers, but I like to have some kind of online rankings for the women in the league. I guess I could just set em up with Matthew Berry's top 150 or something.

pangstrom posted:

Yeah just say upfront what the plan is for no-shows.

Might want to say upfront what the handing-off-a-zombie-team criteria/plan is, too. Flakiness can kind of snowball with players a person didn't pick and then they lose the first couple of weeks etc. etc.

Nobody who hasn't paid is drafting, that's rule #1 of being a fantasy sports commish. If somebody wants to pay and then autodraft and barely manage their team after, that's up to them.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

BeerSheets. Unless you don't feel like sharing. Otherwise:

ESPN: http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football...rd-standard-ppr

I don't even share the Beersheets with my wife.

:bigtran: "What's that?"

:ninja: "Oh, just some spreadsheet I found online."

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Doltos posted:

Josh Gordon was hot garbage last year. He only put up a couple of good weeks when he came back with an 8/120 line and a 7/75 line. I could actually blame him for me not winning the championship last year because I started him the weeks after his 7/75 game and got burned.

Fantasy football existed before 2014, as did the overall shittiness of the Cleveland Browns organization.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I'm in a new league this year: 12 teams, fairly standard scoring/rosters other than 6 pt passing TDs and small bonuses for 100 yards rushing/receiving. We also have 1 IDP. In what round should I start thinking about drafting the IDP, 10 or so? Whenever everyone else does? And is this standard IDP scoring?

Tackle:1 point
Sack:1 point
Defense Interception:1 point
Forced Fumble:1 point
Fumbles Recovery:1 point
Touchdown (Interception return):6 points
Touchdown (Fumble return):6 points
Touchdown (Blocked kick):6 points
Blocked Kick (punt, FG, PAT):1 point
Safety:2 points

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Spoeank posted:

With a 12 team 1-IDP flex treat it like a DST slot, draft it late, and stream MLB/ILB in that slot.

Edit :laffo: 1 point per sack stay the hell away from JJ Watt

Yeah that's what I was just looking at. In this system it seems that any of the top 10-15 LB will be 10-11 ppg guys, while JJ Watt is only worth about 8 ppg average. Hopefully someone else takes him early.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

RVProfootballer posted:

Early draft done, what do ya'll think? 14 team, half PPR, 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLEX. Starters in bold, flex will probably be Kelce until one of the bench RBs/WRs breaks out.

Philip Rivers
Jamaal Charles, Doug Martin, Duke Johnson, Buck Allen, Matt Jones
T.Y. Hilton, Jeremy Maclin, Mike Wallace, Donte Moncrief, Phillip Dorsett
Jimmy Graham, Travis Kelce

Those RBs are pretty rough; all four besides Charles could end up being nothing this year. I would have skipped one of those fliers and taken Knile Davis since if Charles goes down, you are doomed.

Maclin is on my do not draft list, but other than that it's OK for a 14 teamer. You're in bad shape on the Colts bye week though!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

kiimo posted:

Yes and I have Sammy Watkins. That's it. You probably don't need to quote that post though.

I don't understand. That is a list of available players? Why are guys like Hill, OBJ, and Mike Evans not being kept?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Enforka posted:

I traded Benjamin away to move up to a top 3 pick in the first round five days ago. We're a two keeper league. Nobody said anything, as they generally don't for most of the trades that go through. The commissioner even put Benjamin up on the draft board as a keeper for the other guy. Now the guy I am trading him to says the trade should be cancelled because it was never voted on and people did not have the time to see it. We are two days away from the keeper deadline.

Am I right in thinking this is kind of bullshit?

It is utter bullshit. Hopefully your commissioner has a clue and ignores his protests. Anything else, and I'd flat out quit.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Where should Devante Adams be drafted now in standard and 0.5 PPR? Is he a WR2?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Azhais posted:

Stand pat IMO. Rivers and Bridgewater actually have a really nice meshing for streaming QBs. Each have what should be an easy matchup on the other's byes, and decent matchups when one or the other is playing a stout defense.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/QBSoSGrid2015.png

That chart is a nearly 3 months old and has a lot of questionable assertions. AZ And Detroit are average defenses? SF and NYG are worse matchups for a QB than those two?

That being said, Minny finishes with the Bears in Week 15 and NYG in Week 16, two defenses that appear like they might be terrible. If you need a tiebreaker for taking someone like AP or Bridgewater vs. another similar player, that might be it.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I have a fuckload of requests so I only did the ones for tomorrow. I will get to the rest in the morning.

Does any of the Custom sheets happen to be a 12 team standard scoring with 30 return yards/pt?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Given that Alfred Morris averages a full yard less per carry without RG3 and the presence of Matt Jones, should I cut bait early on him? I'm thinking of a straight swap for Jonathan Stewart, or maybe even Yeldon. 0 PPR

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I'd wait for an injury or ineffective start(s) from the people with the lower end QB1S and then trade rape them. Especially if Bradford starts off hot.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I said this earlier in the thread, but according to the Giants depth chart, Jones is Cruz's backup and Randle is behind OBJ. Not to mention the fact that Randle is an idiot who doesn't know how to run routes and that Eli should be funslinging like mad all season, I would bet that Jones has an easier track to fantasy relevance than Thompson. I currently have Jones on WW speed dial and if he even looks decent at all Week 1, I'm picking him up anywhere I have space and holding for at least a week or two and trying to flip him.

Several Giants writers have Jones being cut. He was playing in the 4th quarter of the last preseason game, that's likely not too good a sign.

Training camp depth charts are mostly meaningless.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Fat Lowtax posted:

What kind of blood oath do I have to make to see "QB/WR" (lol) Terrelle Pryor get the Browns QB job down the stretch this year? Even a dogshit QB is basically a WR1 in non-PPR leagues, right?

More of a WR2/Flex, but yeah. Some people tried that with Joe Webb in week 16 of 2010 when Favre was injured since he had dual eligibility. He scored 0 TDS passing or rushing but still had 11 points.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Twin Cinema posted:

I am a first year Fantasy Football man with a draft tonight. There's two slots for D. Other than J.J. Watt, I am okay with waiting until the final four rounds to start drafting these guys, correct?

Unless your league is all diehard fantasy footballers, someone will overdraft JJ Watt, Luke Kuechly, and your local teams popular defensive player (for mine that was Kahlil Mack and NaVorro Bowman). Let them do that while your draft offfensive players, then just get some MLB later.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

SeannieDarko posted:

Okay I need a TE because Ertz is hurt and I don't trust him anyways. .5PPR. Best available?

Jordan Reed
Larry Donnell
Josh Hill
Charles Clay
Ladarius Green
Coby Fleener

I'm leaning Clay or Reed. Benches are really short with no waiver period. I really have to just last 4 weeks because I plan on picking up Antonio Gates when he's off suspension.

Who should I grab?

I went 0 TE and I am trying Donnell since the Cowboys gave up the most fantasy points to opposing TE last year. But really, all of these are a dart throw.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

IR spots in a Yahoo redraft league are only for players who are on IR/Designated for return, right?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

double post: holy poo poo, my friend has joined a league that has all kinds of weird poo poo:

0.5 per completion
passing yards 10 pt bonus at 375 yards, 5 pts at 300, 3 pts at 200 yards
passing TD 3 pts
sacks -1

rushing
10 yards per point
same weird bonuses 10 pts at 200 yds etc
6 pt rushing TD

receiving yards
20 yards per point :psyduck:
more weird bonuses
receiving TDs 3 pts :psyduck:

and 0.5 PPR

Where can I plug all this weird poo poo in and get a cheatsheet for him?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

a shameful boehner posted:

In my 10-team league, I managed to end up with Roethlisberger, Dez, Megatron and Lacy. Also managed to get Hyde.

Short (4 player) bench is rounded out by Isiah Crowell, Latavius Murray, Mike Wallace and Chris Ivory

Feelin' pretty good, here's hopin' goin into week 1.

Nervous about that 49ers D/ST though.

The Niners defense should not be owned in any format.

Well, maybe a 16-man, 2 defense league. But only that.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

kiimo posted:

Um, I would. It probably isn't the right answer. Latavius looks like garbage to me so far though.

How can a player "look like garbage so far" 4 days before the first game of the season? He did rush for 7 ypc last year as a starter, I don't think we should write him off just yet.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Only the bi-annual Kyle Rudolph 2 TD game can save me after that thorough Gronking.

edit: triennial

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

gbaby posted:

Mike Jurecki
‏@mikejurecki
BA: Ellington (knee) PCL injury.

Whoever that is.

PCL is the same thing that Perriman has that has kept him out for 5 weeks already and no timetable for return.

And Chris and/or David Johnson are now your #1 waiver targets if they are unowned.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

BigFactory posted:

A guy in my league has Dez, Ellington and Demaryius, so he's obviously hurting today. Am I crazy to think of trading Calvin Johnson for Dez? When I start getting down into WR2/3 territory package deals are looking pretty lovely. I can't imagine he'd bite on like Agholor + James Jones for Dez, even though it's not a bad deal if he misses 6+ games. Actually, probably still a lousy deal.

What? Why would you trade Calvin for an injured player who will miss half the season? I would insta-accept either of those trades if I owned Dez.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Elotana posted:

Should I trade Romo/Hopkins for Rodgers/Hilton

I like Hopkins a lot but I also like Hilton, and the Hilton owner has basically no healthy WR

I have plenty of WR depth to get me through the next week or two, and Romo will probably be iffy without Dez

Immediately.

Elotana posted:

Should I trade Romo/Hopkins for Rodgers/Hilton

I like Hopkins a lot but I also like Hilton, and the Hilton owner has basically no healthy WR

I have plenty of WR depth to get me through the next week or two, and Romo will probably be iffy without Dez

Immediately

edit: that's the weirdest double post I've ever done

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

VDay posted:

It's also a Tony Romo who won't have Dez for like 4 weeks.

I would take that trade and feel fine about it.

4 weeks at a minimum, plus the Cowboys have a horrific playoff schedule (Week 15 vs, NYJ, Week 16 @ Buff) The gap between Rodgers and Romo is a lot bigger than people think.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Kloaked00 posted:

So in my 0.5ppr, 12-man leagues I scored 4th lowest this week and I have the feeling I need to make some changes. Thinking of trying to target the Dez Bryant owner who also owns Arian Foster. Here's our teams (ignore the fact I have 2 kickers, I autodrafted the last 2 rounds)

I'm 4th on the waivers this week and am targeting James Jones. Based on who's ahead of me, I think there's a 40% chance I get him. I'm thinking of offering Tate and one of Woodhead or Yeldon for Dez and Foster. Does that seem like a reasonable trade from an outside perspective?

Acquiring Dez, when he could be out for 12 weeks, is not recommended. Especially when you would be left with Stevie and Boldin as every week starters until Hilton is healthy again.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Kloaked00 posted:

Week 2 Defense options

Colts (vs NY Jets)
Kansas City (vs Broncos)
Saints (vs Tampa Bay)
Titans (@ Cleveland)

Who to go with?

I'm using KC again. I think Peyton is cooked and this might be a disaster for the Broncos on a short week.

Disclaimer: I also thought Tom Brady was done after they got destroyed by KC on MNF last year.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

warcrimes posted:

QBs are Sam Bradford and Eli

The WW is pretty thin, top rated guys include Floyd, Stills, Bowe, Travis Benjamin, Jerricho Cotchery and Nate Washington.

Who is his other QB that he wants to trade away Luck? Can you include Bradford in a trade to him for Luck and keep AJ Green somehow?

On paper that trade is a win, but your short term WR outlook is absolutely terrible afterward. Doesn't matter if you win a trade if you end up 1-3 or 0-4 and have to claw your way back.

edit: if you have return yards, Lockett can maybe a starter short-term

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

warcrimes posted:

His other QB is Brees. Obviously, AJ Green is the real target here, doesn't look like Cruz is playing this weekend and his WR is a mess. What about waiting a day or two to see if Evans plays?

Yeah it will be hard to make it work for him. But he has shown the interest in trading Luck and (probably misguidedly) just going with Brees so I'd keep working with him. See if you can make a blockbuster that includes Luck and some type of running back exchange or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I think Yahoo did away with the option of locking whole rosters at the beginning of the Thursday game. Which is a good thing since it serves absolutely no purpose.

• Locked thread