Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

BlueOccamy posted:

I'm using one of those auto sieves, yeah. I was asking for my mob tower. It's confusing that the quest log specifically says to make those punji sticks and iron spikes but then give you no way to pull the drops out of there...

Yeah, and magnet mode from NEI means a constant stream of bones/rotten flesh/arrows into your inventory. I set up barrels for those three, but other drops haven't been so numerous that I've bothered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Holy dicks whyyyyy does VoxelMap for 1.8 require Liteloader? I can't get the drat thing to run with my multiMC instance because with it enabled, it doesn't pop up the multimc crash report, but does have this at the end of the forge log: http://pastebin.com/V9Yn9ibM

If I disable liteloader, everything starts fine. JourneyMap hasn't updated for 1.8 apparently, and from what I can find it looks like Rei's isn't getting updated at all anymore. Oh wait, if I dig through the end of the Mapwriter thread, there's a sort of beta update for 1.8. I'll give that a shot.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

30.5 Days posted:

Nothing special, just the guy who took over algox2 spends more time yelling at money server owners for breaking minecraft's eula than he does working on his mod. This is complicated by the fact that the mod's code is LGPL and the new guy didn't write most of it so his rights to produce an ARR distro with the CC-NC assets is questionable.

What is this? This is a mod/modder's name I am not familiar with.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Against better judgment I reinstalled this with the latest version of OMP-i, all mods enabled, and the game crashes anytime I click "mod options" which is kind of a problem because there's over 200 mods and I'm probably going to want to change some of them. Is this a feature of the pack or have I done something wrong.

I only had that problem when I'd try to use the mod options while a world was running. Opening the mod options from the main menu was fine. TBH, there's not a lot that you can configure from it anyway, most of it you're still going to need to exit Minecraft and edit config files to make changes.

Interesting that even with setting Morph's option to make it that if you're morphed into a hostile mob then other hostile mobs don't attack doesn't work on spiders. Disguised as a zombie, zombies and skeletons leave me be, but spiders? Nope. I think that might be working as designed, though.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I'm playing singleplayer on the latest OMP-I and getting a lot of seeing-through-the-world issues. Most of the time they resolve quickly, but I've had a couple of times where the immediate area's blocks didn't return to being opaque until I left the area for a bit. I'm trying to finish clearing out a dungeon underneath my village and it gets pretty annoying.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

McFrugal posted:

It's weird that autosmelting got randomly put on your tool- I thought that was disabled by default.

Iguana Tweaks includes random enhancements to your Tinkers tools/weapons. It's on by default, you can go into the configs to disable it, or to disable specific modifications (like Bane of Arthropods).

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

The answer to this issue is directory junctions. I use them to synchronize irc logs between my computers via Dropbox.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Playing Baby's First Space Race, updated to latest version available, and I get a stack overflow error trying to go into the Nether. This is the crash report portion of the forge log.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Oh look, more help procrastinating on doing real work!

Do me a favor and send me the seed, and the coordinates where you placed the portal, so I can see. My money is on the extra_glowstone rule exploding, which makes me sad. :(

If you want to hit it with a bandaid, look in the mod's config\cofh\world folder for "Nether Boosters.json." Depending on how crafty you are with JSON:

1. (no experience) You can just delete the file and probably be all right. Maybe move it out of the directory first before restarting Minecraft, so you can move it back if somehow something else did it (can't imagine what). You won't get increased oregen for cobalt and ardite this way, by the way.
2. (some experience) Remove the "extra_glowstone" rule in the file.
3. (you're a cool JSON d00der) Tweak the settings to reduce them, which should prevent runaways. Namely, clustersize and numClusters.

Edit: Doing this should allow you to keep playing while still having access to The Nether.

It has been some time since I reviewed the generators in the CoFH code, but there were situations where getting too giddy with generation--like I love to do with BFSR--would cause it to generate a chunk, then have to generate another chunk to fill things in, which would generate yet another chunk, etc, until it blew up. So when I hear about a stack overflow, that's the stink my sense of smell detects. If you ask skyboy, I'm a naughty, naughty man for the ridiculous gen rates I have for some of this stuff. In my ideal, utopian world, I'd come home from work on the back of a unicorn, and fire up BFSR and we'd have procedural generation that would be able to generate the next chunks only when they are outright necessary, but those algorithms are ridiculously complicated.

Edit edit: Yeah I see the stalactite rule in the stack trace. It's my friend extra_glowstone. :(

Seed is -192237733.
Might try messing around with the settings, but might just remove the offending glowstone generator instead, but I think I might be screwed on this world because no matter how much I save before exiting NBTExplorer, it doesn't keep the changed data to put me back in the overworld at one of my waypoints.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

nevermind.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I've got an alumite pick head now because when I went to the jungle scouting location, I braved the village nearby and found some obsidian in a chest. Also supra-diamond and (especially if you get some aluminum berry bushes or such) easier to make repair materials for I think.

Right now my biggest thing is that I'm trying to rush the Thaumcraft taint-busting stuff, but without the benefit of really knowing all that much about Thaumcraft. :eng99:

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I still haven't found a single piece of lead ore mining in Biodome Alpha, and I've been branch mining from surface to y 30-ish, and jumping around some caves even lower than that.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Specter1357 posted:

You guys have any idea where I can get a hold of some black granite cobblestone in blightfall? I have been to every place I can think of but it just wont show up.

I think I remember finding around the Arches waypoint.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I got some ender lily seeds either from one of the villages, or a seed requisition. Probably the former, but I don't remember for sure.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I tried the good ol' copy/paste my save from my laptop to my desktop with Blightfall, and all I got was a crash with NullPointerException, and it doesn't point towards any particular mod. All my mod/modpack versions are matched between the two, so I'm not sure what the hell caused it.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Can anyone help me figure out what's going on here?

I have a 1.8 with Forge install with clientside only mods so I can play on vanilla servers and still have a minimap, WAILA, that kind of thing. But for whatever reason, I consistently get these flashing errors whenever I look the wrong way at something:

In the nether, it affects just about every goddamn thing. Mipmap levels are off because otherwise everything is black and the ground disappears. Fast graphics, tried setting fps to unlimited or a limit, VBOs on/off don't affect it, using BetterFPS or not doesn't affect it, MCPatcher on/off doesn't affect it. Turning down chunk view settings doesn't affect it.

And I had to printscreen the screenshot, because it looks normal in the f2-key screenshot.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

So I decided to give Refuge a shot...but I can't get it to install properly. I load it through the FTB launcher, tell it to launch, and nothing. Logs seem to indicate that Forge is not even installed. Guess I'll go give ME^3 a new shot then, it's been an awful while since I played it last.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Magres posted:

A lot of mod makers are very "ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT COPY" about their projects and get mad if anyone dare touch their baby without first getting permission in triplicate

I kinda wish I really 'got' how modding things works so I could redo Thaumic Energistics so it doesn't suck for things like: keeping a disk limited to what kind of essentia it accepts, as well as (bolding mine):

30.5 Days posted:

loving Thaumic Energistics.

So, yeah, before there was a "bug" where thaumic energistics wouldn't extract into the dawn machine. We investigated and found out that we were doing everything right, but you can't extract into a thaumcraft container unless it's been expressly added to the thaumic energistics whitelist, which can't be done through configs, it has to be done through their API.

So I implemented the API and it still didn't work. I investigated & I found out that even though I registered my thing thorugh their API, the API didn't actually work at all, because the code to detect the capacity of a thaumcraft container wasn't using the thaumcraft API to get the capacity, it was using hardcoded values for vanilla thaumcraft containers and assuming 0 capacity for everything else. The most recent version fixed this, but you have to manually give it a capacity value, which is really weird because thaumcraft containers can have different capacities for different aspects and also because that is doable through the thaumcraft API.

O....kay.

So we updated thaumic energistics to the most recent version and it worked ok and we released it. So now you report your bug and we look into it.

Turns out that the code to detect the current essentia in a thaumcraft container ALSO does not use the thaumcraft API and STILL has hardcoded values for vanilla thaumcraft containers, so it assumes that all other containers are empty. This wouldn't be a problem because thaumcraft has an insert essentia method that returns how much was actually inserted, but thaumic energistics ignores the return value and always removes the essentia from the network regardless of what happened. They also wrote their own insertion method that takes the same parameters as the thaumcraft one and attempts to do the same checking as the thaumcraft one, but it does it wrong and then ignores the thaumcraft method's checking. Like... what?!

So I'm sorry, thaumic energistics sucks, you're hosed.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Bhodi posted:

So I played around with me^3. About 6 hours in, and I've cleaned most of the biodome and STILL haven't found wherever the ME drive is hiding. I've got 3 or 4 drives at this point and am getting really, REALLY tired of minecraft's janky combat and killing infinite numbers of spiders. The spawners are impossible to find and there doesn't seem to be a lot of "goals" in these stored rooms. Just a few chests here and there in "hidden" areas that you have to get lucky to stumble upon. I got a bunch of bee stuff and just decided to log. I didn't realize it was a forestry+bee pack - two mods that I REALLY dislike.

Never did find the certus. "LOL ITS SOMEWHERE IN 128x128 JUST FIND IT" well I broke about a million blocks, didn't find anything and then went home.

Unless it's supposed to pick up right after where I'm at, I think I'm going to stick with modern packs. This pack had so much potential, too.

I got a few ender cores from "hidden" areas outside the, er, space station(?), I really want to just quary the whole damned thing.

I just took all those pretty certus quartz pillar blocks off the top bit of the first area. There's a ton of them. The horizontal striped ones have to go through the pulverizer to get the quartz out for whatever reason, but the vertical striped ones are just stick in your crafting grid and bam, 4 certus. You'll want to use silk touch with those glowstone, though, the dusts will retain the chisel metadata and become unusable as far as I can tell.

I want an ender quarry too, but my big issue is diamonds. I need 9 diamonds for it, and have been picking up ender cores/ender infused obsidian from around the base. I've got enough emeralds (I think) to be able to craft enchanted books for the magical wood, though. On the other hand, until I can set up ME item storage, an ender quarry would just overwhelm my scattered chests.

Edit:

Ariong posted:

Where the heck do you go to download 64-bit java?

taiyoko fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Oct 12, 2015

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I've never had problems finding charged certus. Maybe I'm just stupidly lucky or something.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I can't figure out why for the life of me that while Refuge downloaded, installed, and plays just fine on my Windows 10 desktop, every single attempt on my Windows 7 laptop fails. It will download and attempt to launch, and crash out apparently not finding FML according to the logs.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Glory of Arioch posted:

Check and make sure your windows 7 system has 64 bit java installed and that the launcher is allowed to use at least 2 gigs of RAM.

Yup. Other FTB packs like ME^3 work fine, and I have 3 GB allocated.

Launcher log (the end part when I launch Refuge):
code:
[22:39:26] [INFO] MCInstaller.launchMinecraft:328: Setting up native libraries for Refuge v Recommended Version MC 1.7.10
[22:39:26] [DEBUG] MCInstaller.launchMinecraft:354: packbaseJSON 1.7.10
[22:39:28] [INFO] MCLauncher.syncAssets:286: Syncing Assets:
[22:39:28] [INFO] MCLauncher.launchMinecraft:86: Java Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_60\bin\javaw.exe
[22:39:28] [INFO] MCLauncher.launchMinecraft:87: Pack: Refuge 1.7.10
[22:39:28] [INFO] MCLauncher.setMemory:269: Setting MinMemory to 256
[22:39:28] [INFO] MCLauncher.setMemory:271: Setting MaxMemory to 3072
[22:39:28] [INFO] MCLauncher.launchMinecraft:150: Adding Optimization Arguments: -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CICompilerCountPerCPU -XX:+TieredCompilation
[22:39:28] [DEBUG] MCInstaller.launchMinecraft:428: MC PID: 6284
[22:39:30] [DEBUG] Benchmark.logBenchAs:73: UnreadNews Init took 59 ms.
[22:39:33] [INFO] ProcessMonitor.run:43: MC process exited. return value: 0
Minecraft crash log (in its entirety):
code:
[22:39:32] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[22:39:33] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
	at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
	at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.11.jar:?]

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Glory of Arioch posted:

yeah in my inexpert opinion (:reject:) that is definitely forge being missing somehow

try reinstalling the pack maybe? maybe someone was doing an upgrade right as you installed the pack and it failed to download forge due to shenanigans

I've reinstalled it like five times on different days. Same thing. Gonna try moving out my ME^3 save and nuke the entire FTB folder and see if that does it.

Edit: Yup, I nuked the FTB folder as well as the one in AppData, and now it downloaded forge and such and is working.

taiyoko fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Oct 19, 2015

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Been playing Refuge, man, it was tough clearing out the ME area, thanks to there being six zombie spawners in there and no armor better than wood yet. In the end, after clearing it out, I took one controller, a drive, the terminal, and a piece of cable upstairs and set it up to run off a capacitor bank I got from a reward bag. Also set the bank to only output on Redstone signal and slapped down a pressure plate so that it only runs while I'm standing there. Haven't moved all my stuff out of the chests and into the ME system yet, though.

A shame that crossbreeding off two 10/10/10 seeded only gives me a 5/5/5, but at least it's better than having to start at 1/1/1.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Vib Rib posted:

Yeah, there's no definitive proof but I'm pretty sure sprinklers helped a lot for me.

Essentially what Agricraft sprinklers do is increase the growth tick rate, unlike OpenBlocks sprinklers, which apply a bonemeal effect.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

TheresaJayne posted:

I don't know if this is an issue or not, I have Yellorium, I pulverise it, I smelt it - and it doesn't give me Yellorium Ingots, (NEI says it should) its Giving Uranium Ingots.

Uranium still works in the big reactor, but it has to be inserted as ingots, blocks don't work. I found a motherlode of uranium and now have over six stacks of blocks after running it all through my smeltery...and there's still more uranium down there.

Uranium and yellorium ingots are oredict compatible, so you can them in reactor part recipes as well.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

...and there we go with a few more BFSR quests.

Bhodi pointed out a bunch of crap shows up initially as available in the quest book, even if most of it cannot be started for a long time. So I set up a few gates so they open up progressively.

I have a question: will this cause issues for existing worlds?

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

plape tickler posted:

I'd like to try out windows 10, but I want to be able to run minecraft mods still. I'm currently using an old version of java on windows 8.1 to be able to run the mods my nephews like to play. 1.7.2 and 1.7.10 mods. Am I missing something or am I stuck using old software to run minecraft mods?

There are 1.7 mods that require old java versions? I know it was an issue with some 1.6 mods, but wasn't there was a compatibility mod someone made for that?

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I'm having a pretty good time with the Void World pack...aside from the pack creator jacking up the emc costs on everything and having some crazy turn in requirements. I can't progress in the Big Reactors quest line because I need 10 stacks of yellorium...and each one is over 65k emc. I've got a sag mill/blaze rod chain that's mostly going to supplement the rudimentary power flower set to produce the yellorium ingots.

Edit because of switching from mobile back to desktop:

Also, dark matter is changed to requiring aeternalis /blocks/, 4 dark matter only makes 1 dark matter block, dark matter armor requires blocks. I have one quest I can't complete because I made a silk touch tinker's shovel but it won't break the grass block, so my only other option for making grass blocks (that I need to turn in) is that "all the project e rings in one" ring, which of course I don't have the emc for. My only source for gelid cryotheum requires crafting blizz powder and then cryotheum dust, and of course there's a quest for large-scale turn in of that.

I have a 1 million bucket of water quest and a 1 million cobblestone quest chugging away in the background with an aqueous accumulator and um, that thermal expansion machine that is a cobble gen. The latter is fully upgraded with an impulse itemduct with a good servo shoving a stack at a time into the QDS. Is there a way to increase the speed of the aqueous accumulator?

taiyoko fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Dec 5, 2015

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Sage Grimm posted:

Nope, use Extra Utilities transfer nodes with world utilization upgrades for them instead.

Bhodi posted:

I assume you already know that surrounding it with water on 4 sides makes it go faster, but just in case, it does.

...I didn't think about doing it with transfer nodes like an idiot. The cobble will be simple that way, but I think I might need to re-enable infinite water for it to work with water.

Still gonna be a pain in the rear end for the cryotheum quest, what with having to do destabilized redstone on snowballs to get blizz powder, which doesn't have an emc so crafting it is the only way to get it. Then I have to craft with another snowball, redstone, and the also-no-emc niter, gained by pulverizing sandstone. That gives me cryotheum dust, which then has to go back into the magma crucible to turn in. It was bad enough making 10 openblocks tanks full.

Haven't even looked at pyrotheum yet. :smithicide:

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

GotDonuts posted:

I have been trying to run a small Baby's First Space Race for my wife and I to play on, but I am running into problems.

I downloaded and unpacked, then lauched the server launch bat to open the server. After a few minutes everything seems to be working fine like my other servers I have used in the past but once the world loads the server starts having issues...

"Cant Keep Up! Did the system time change or is the system overloaded?" and the server will not allow minecraft to actually connect to the client. Is there something I didn't configure and am doing wrong?

EDIT: Finally got it connected but it is only showing a large square area and other areas are not loading... it is still displaying that error message too.

That's a resources problem, either not enough RAM or just not enough CPU power to keep up, I'm not entirely sure which. Unless being able to play time-independently is important, there's always the old standby of the world being on one person's computer and just opening to LAN...I'm using this with Hamachi to play BFSR with my long-distance boyfriend and it's been working fine for us aside from him getting kicked when I tried going to the Nether without him.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

The server a friend of mine is running doesn't have AE2 stuff, and I just got a processor autocrafting setup that uses a subnetwork to handle the actual crafting and exposes it to the rest of the network/crafting system via a single interface. Five inscribers, six storage busses, 3 export busses, a block-style interface connection to the main network, and a panel-style interface as an item buffer, and two of the cards that let you specify more than one item in an export bus. I followed this tutorial, though I had to download the world (link included in the imgur gallery) to really get a look at configuration so I could get it working.

My to-do list has relocating the MACS and getting more autocrafting things set up, getting an enderman farm running so I can start making tesseracts and get rid of having water in the passively-cooled Big Reactor, and probably expand the reactor and upgrade the EnderIO capacitor banks so that we can actually run laser drills off of it. Really need to get EZ-Nuke up and running too, now that the server owner added ComputerCraft.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Can some AE2 wizards help me figure this out?

I have a bunch of JABBA barrels that we were using for storage pre-AE setup, and since I like the look of them, I decided to keep using them for storage by slapping a storage bus on the back of them. Wiring them directly to the controller works, but eats channels like no tomorrow, so I wanted to try to use P2P tunnels to save on channels. I set it up in a test world, and the terminal doesn't show the items in the barrels in the network. Where am I going wrong? Or is this just something that can't work at all?

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Wolpertinger posted:

Really? maybe I should give it a more thoroughy try, I quit early because of a really buggy incoherent quest I got from a random fence labeled 'note #1' that broke when i pressed right click to read it and placed it instead, destroying the quest item.

Also keep in mind that the only way I've been able to find to turn on keepInventory was NBTEdit. Enabling cheats while opening to LAN didn't work. I restarted the map several times early on because I fell into void in the Nether while trying to make a pigman farm.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Wolpertinger posted:

iirc in the first room you spawn in, with the HQM book chest and the button you have to place, there's a sign behind you with a button below it you can hit to allow cheats to be enabled. I guess he added the whole cheat mode protection thing with a toggle only in the first room for people who have trouble avoiding the temptation of cheating.

Motherfucker. I never even thought to look behind me.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Edit: apparently dynamos cannot export steam. Well, that is one less science project.

Railcraft boilers can export steam. I've done early-game self-sustaining power with a high-pressure boiler outputting to a steam dynamo, and powering a planter, harvester, and redstone furnace with energy left over. Works pretty well when you're not at the resources to build a reactor yet, plus if you have a passive growth aid like a sprinkler, you'll definitely end up with a surplus of charcoal.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Meskhenet posted:

I just tried Void. Was really good until i fell off the platform i was making in the nether and couldn't get any of my stuff back. So there goes that that.

Is there anything else similar but doesnt have that fall into the nothing lose your poo poo bullshit?

IIRC, the only way to get keepInventory on is to use NBTEdit on your worldfile, because of some sort of anti-cheat setup.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Reason posted:

Is there any BFSR but for magic mods?

There's Simply Magic on FTB. Covers Ars Magica, Thaumcraft, Botania, Mystcraft, Blood Magic, Witchery, and Aura Cascade, with some add-ons for them. Downside is vanilla tools/armor is nerfed, but that's to encourage using mod stuff. Also storage options are Iron Chests and JABBA. Uses OpenBlocks graves when you die, which can be a pain in the rear end to retrieve stuff if you die in a roguelike. I've found like 3 huge villages so far as well. I think I'm gonna switch over to keepInventory true and disable the openblocks graves for myself.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Meskhenet posted:

ill give it a go. there is no help in the in-game tutorial.

It still doesnt help with my total lack of gold. and im sitting on about 30 iron ore :/

Oh and mob griefing is on, i found this out when 2 creepers somehow spawned in my base. I lost 4 double chests and some other stuff i can remember ><

Gold is pretty rare and is only in the 0-32 y levels. Gotta go deep for it. If you haven't already, I suggest an Ars Magica Touch+Dig or Projectile+Dig spell early on. Good for grinding up AM levels as well as not wasting your iron on pickaxes. Only mines up to iron-level that way though, it takes an additional modifier to dig harder materials like obsidian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I've noticed in my mucking around in the BFSR beta that I wind up crashing the client side fairly often when I am rummaging through NEI. If it doesn't outright crash, sometimes things hang up for a few seconds. I haven't made sense of the crash dumps yet, and I don't think I'll get enough information to explain the performance hiccups. I was wondering if anybody else has experienced this, and if there's some trick to it.

Aside from that, I'd be curious if somebody could itemize some RFTool stuff I should check out other than the interdimensional stuff and the signal emitters. I discovered the latter yesterday when I needed a basic pattern generator. They are good things.

The beta has been a lot laggier for me than the original bfsr, to the point of sending my laptop into disk swapping due to ram being full. On top of that, my world spawn is in a cave, so first thing I had to do was go into creative and bust my way out.