Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I fought the law. And the law won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

evilweasel posted:

according to wells and a federal judge, nope :sun:

Lol sure.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

evilweasel posted:

so you complain when we follow the rules, so we decided to break them and then you whined too : confused:

the difference is one was the refs fault and one was tom brady's fault. the only similarity between the two is that the pats deserved to lose.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
My mind is still blown by the idea that having a certain player on a team disqualifies a ring

Like imagine if someone said the Giants really have one less ring because *Scott Norwood

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Volkerball posted:

the difference is one was the refs fault and one was tom brady's fault. the only similarity between the two is that the pats deserved to lose.

too bad they win

win win win win win

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Intruder posted:

My mind is still blown by the idea that having a certain player on a team disqualifies a ring

Like imagine if someone said the Giants really have one less ring because *Scott Norwood

Quit bringing your logic into our hatefest.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

has the :sun: emote ever been used in a way that didn't make the user look like a completely insufferable loser

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Volkerball posted:

How is it the refs fault when a rule is applied correctly

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Intruder posted:

It's true tho.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Intruder posted:

it makes sense to me

the seahawks have one less ring because *Malcolm Butler

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Intruder posted:

really, he got 4 of the rings finished and you aren't just going to give up on the picture when you're so close to having it done.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Alaois posted:

has the :sun: emote ever been used in a way that didn't make the user look like a completely insufferable loser

:lol:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Alaois posted:

winner

completely insufferable winner

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Intruder posted:

How is it the refs fault when a rule is applied correctly

it's whoever is supposed to keep up with making sure the rules are right and goods fault.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Volkerball posted:

it's whoever is supposed to keep up with making sure the rules are right and goods fault.

True, we should negate The Holy Roller

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Raku posted:

So it's better to destroy it?

If I had naked pictures of my wife and the seventeen women I am cheating on my wife with at any given time on my phone I would absolutely destroy that poo poo before letting the chucklefucks at the NFL anywhere near it. You can't count on that stuff being erased properly when it comes to millions of dollars in a divorce settlement.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Goodell should be gelded for this. His moralistic and player safety nonsense was cute for awhile and appeased the activists and troublemakers enough to make the league very profitable and kept the heat of of it. Two fatal flaws: got caught with his pants down on the Ray Rice thing and got clocked worse than the girl in the video by it. If your claim to fame is your ability to discipline you have to be way out in front of stories/videos like that. And perhaps because his authority was so diminished by that whole affair, he tried to be overly aggressive with Brady to reassert his power. He was way too harsh in the penalty (I'm a bills fan saying this) and put himself in the position to be drawn out like this. The judge loving WARNED HIM TO SETTLE. His subtext is that one of you is going to be very unhappy if I rule on this. Instead he doubled down even with the evidence of Jay Feely and Troy Vincent pointing to the fact that signs were pointing to the judge ruling for Brady. This fuckup is potentially astronomical because now every player (even players caught doing illegal things) going to challenge their suspensions in court. Goodell has been revealed as a paper tiger and has weakened the "shield" and therefore the owners who employ him.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Intruder posted:

True, we should negate The Holy Roller

i would be happy to trade a week 2 win for a mediocre team for an afc championship berth, actually.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
"Protecting the shield" is about the most pompous phrase I can think of these days.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

evilweasel posted:

winner

completely insufferable winner

i've tried to be patient bc you're the d&d mod but you're an insanely bad poster

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

NC-17 posted:

"Protecting the shield" is about the most pompous phrase I can think of these days.

Well they broke up and now Rollins is a whiny bitch and people hate Reigns so they should have protected them and kept them together

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

In what world has goodel been good with safety? Everything they have done they have been pulled kicking and screaming. Hell they still are.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

i've tried to be patient bc you're the d&d mod but you're an insanely bad poster

not anymore he's not, everyone loving hates him there too

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

CharlestheHammer posted:

In what world has goodel been good with safety? Everything they have done they have been pulled kicking and screaming. Hell they still are.

He gives the appearance of caring about player safety with the fines for certain hits and the neurologists on the sidelines etc. not the actuality of safety though. The point is he wasn't ever good with judging player conduct or player safety despite being all soundbitey about it.

Nov 6, 2002

quote:

Appearing at the top of the last full page of the 40-page ruling is the list of claims from Brady and the NFL Players Association that Judge Berman saw no need to address, including: (1) whether Commissioner Roger Goodell was “evidently partial” in presiding over the appeal of Brady’s suspension; (2) whether Goodell’s conclusions regarding Brady’s knowledge of and involvement in the alleged deflation scheme exceeded the findings of the Ted Wells report; and (3) whether Goodell undermined his competency to serve as arbitrator by publicly praising the work of Ted Wells.

So if the NFL, which already has filed a notice of appeal, pursues the appeal, wins the appeal, and forces the case back to Judge Berman for proceedings consistent with the decision of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, Judge Berman can take up those issues — and once again scrap the suspension. Or, at a minimum, he can order that a second appeal hearing occur.

Which means that the case could be tied up even longer in the courts, and that the eventual ruling (if the NFL wins its appeal) could directly undermine the Commissioner’s powers in future suspensions.

Anybody want some more deflategate? How about some deflategate? Maybe on the way to the pool we can have some dededededeflaaaategate??

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

well he is a pats fan after all. he's obviously got deeply rooted personality flaws.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
after 8 months of this crap I have literally only learned one thing from this whole fiasco that I already knew;

gently caress Rodger Goodell

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

LEGO Genetics posted:

after 8 months of this crap I have literally only learned one thing from this whole fiasco that I already knew;

gently caress Rodger Goodell

2) Never Count Out Touchdown Tom

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
third lesson learned is an entire generation of children will learn you can cheat and win as long as you are handsome, successful, and evil

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

LEGO Genetics posted:

third lesson learned is an entire generation of children will learn you can cheat and win as long as you are handsome, successful, and evil

We've known that for awhile OP

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Pumpy Dumper posted:

We've known that for awhile OP

no that was rich, white, and male

Nov 6, 2002

LEGO Genetics posted:

Not true. I'm pretty sure you have to be white too.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

NC-17 posted:

Guy called himself the deflator. Shut up.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

NC-17 posted:

Not true. I'm pretty sure you have to be white too.

The evil part implies white

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Alaois posted:

well, to be fair, anything evilweasel posts makes him look like a completely insufferable loser

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
lmao at whoever bought those ads and intruder an av

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

well, to be fair, anything evilweasel posts makes him look like a completely insufferable loser

Everyone's fine and nobody sucks except for Goodell and The New England Patriots

Nov 6, 2002

I've received some exclusive footage of Tom Brady preparing for his run down the tunnel on the opening kickoff next Thursday.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
tom brady is a good man and I dont appreciate the racism in this thread. please stop tia

• Locked thread