Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Klyith posted:

Where is the mandozer that would occasionally shut the gently caress up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

From the sov dev blog; the t1 entosis has fairly trivial fitting (10pg1cpu) but adds 250,000kg mass while active and first 5 minute cycle does nothing but "warmup"

I dont know enough about mass and propulsion to know the effects of this - this would effectively make an interceptor a dead still target yes? But at what hull size would the mass effect become trivial? Entosis BCs?

i think the mass addition is about enough to make the interceptor catchable with a non-gimmick fitting

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

ApocalypseMeow posted:

Talking about BBQ, anybody got recommendations for a good BBQ place in Vegas?
I need to educate some heathen relatives on how meat should be cooked.

Memphis BBQ on Warm Springs. Get the ribs.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

gently caress your meat chat, have some eve chat

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/shake-my-citadel/

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

hope you like npc 0.0

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

with jump fatigue, warp speed is hilariously overpowered so you would want a strictly shield super fleet if you could build the entire thing starting right now

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

darthzeta88 posted:

Armor plated Archons with a higg rig might be better

E: nope I am wrong. I was thinkin turning speed helps alignment but evedroid says no.

nah, you just fit a 100mn MWD so you align in 10s

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

the nu,ber of people falling for a lovely concern troll here is starting to become depressing

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Nietzschean posted:

I never really understood why boat would outright lie to and make promises to his fleets. The other recognizable FCs like laz and vily always got full stratop fleets without talking about imaginary tackled supers, and even when it's relative no-names like myself whose only minor claim to fame is shooting a lot of pos, enough people show up that we need a second or third fleet in excess of what is required for the mission profile.

have pos shot bait and switch fleets even happened after like 2012

i thought the advent of siegefleet obviated the need to lie about pos shots

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Klyith posted:

Pretty much the rest of the game is waiting for fozziesov in two weeks.

more like eight weeks

the june release only lets you mess with station services using entosis links, the rest of the structures don't become vulnerable until july release

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ciaphas posted:

Can anyone tell me what Fozzie-sov is supposed to be? All my google results are getting work proxy'd :(

instead of shooting damage at sov structures, you shoot a SOV LASER from a thing called an Entosis Link that you can fit on nearly any ship in the game

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

Not for the weak at heart. Designed to jump in own with 10+ other blops, and jump out (with a Sin for cap dumping, if this isn't available you need to cap inject/mindflood as necessary).

~1200 DPS Overheated with faction variant ammo depending, 3.1km/s hot for emergency tackle (but you'll probably die).

with that ehp why not go full retard and use polarized 800mms

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

all this blops talk makes me sad that the nestor did not get a covert jump drive

it was inches from greatness, only to have its soul stolen and castrated

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

I'm sorry you hate fun. This is pretty much line for line the same fit that PL, BL, Pizza and several other noted Active Blops groups use; again, having a EHP Brick is an unnecessary feature for a blops- their dps will melt just about anything short of a capital in a few volleys. The only two things that matter for a black ops are align time and dps. EHP, Resistance Profiles, Speed are all pretty secondary. If you're doing anything other than jumping, activating your cap booster, overheating everything, killing the target then MJDing out and cloaking while waiting for a out cyno- you're doing it wrong.

lookit this nerd who's never flown in a brawler sin gang holding its own against multiple carriers or dreads

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

lookit this nerd who's never multiboxed supers onto multiple hostile carriers and dreads.

says who

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

I thought we were flinging pointless conjecture about our in-game activities at one another. :allears:

Eh I figured you hadn't done BRAWLER SIN MASTER RACE due to your blops opinions itt

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Red Crown posted:

So I'm sitting here bored on base on Memorial Day, bored enough that I decide to see if anything has happened in Eve in the last month or two. To my surprise I'm greeted by a fantastic Endie post that makes it seem like we've finally realized our totalitarian destiny, having thrown off the shackles of Dominion Sov. Can someone summarize/post the relevant CEO Update for me?

dominion sov still exists for like 8 weeks or so, and we still own quite a bit of space, but we consolidated by throwing off fountain and delve/pb/q because they would have been hard to defend under the replacement to dominion sov

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

aside from awoxing people, why

afktar

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

scandoslav posted:

I need help deciding which Destroyer V to get first. I have all of the small guns/missiles and supports (though I'm sort of in love with missiles), and primarily fly small gang and gank fleets.

The dictor will probably be the deciding factor, since all of the D3s seem pretty neat. Is the Flycatcher viable? Is the Eris garbage?

minmatar for sabre

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

here is my unsolicited idea for nerfing interceptors okay i hope you like it

nullification is a low slot module for interceptors and if you have it, it makes you completely unable to fire guns even if offline and the module is 200 m^3 or some poo poo so you can't reasonably unfit it with a depot in space

thanks and g&d bless

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

oh and t3 cruisers just have it by dint of their subsystem and have no restriction because not being able to fire guns is dumb for strat cruisers but makes sense for interceptors

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

launcher is fine :shrug:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

So- can someone explain what Drifters are (since I didn't really follow EVE several patches ago) and explain this hilarity.

people shoot them and then the npcs respond with their doomsday weapon

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

they drop the antikitchen element you need to make entosis links though so they kinda need to die for sov war to happen

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

:wrongful:

everyone shut up

okay

new emote pack https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/198588-sagf-emote-pack-summer-2015-update/

:getin:

e: https://s3.amazonaws.com/static.gbs.io/sagf_summer_2015_nosmile.zip direct link hacked from secure goonfleet dot com forums

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

vyst posted:

How will goonfleet go on without hole squad

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ixjuvin posted:

Me too. I've found a few lovely BPCs in amongst all my garbage from the last time I played, presumably from looting dudes. Industry is baffling as gently caress, and running some simple numbers these don't look profitable to build at all. What is the best way to dispose of them, since they can't be marketed?

most of the bpcs you find in exploration will be overbuilt and not profitable, but always check just in case

http://eve-industry.org is a good way to get an idea of if it's profitable to build a thing or not

e: if it's unprofitable, i find right click > trash it to be a good way to dispose of it

Gwyneth Palpate fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 1, 2015

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

cool a pile of grey it's like all the girders that make up a skyscraper haphazardly laid atop one another

mlyp

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

I'd advise you to think very carefully in future before making statements like this in a public forum

mmo hmo is paywalled

owned b*tch

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

no it isnt, paywall isnt up right now IDIOT

:pwn:

now i know what it is to be owned

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

EssOEss posted:

I have been advised to think carefully before making such statements in a public forum but I find the new icons rather nice. The only thing that I would change is to give the cyno its own separate icon - right now it uses a generic beacon icon which does not properly reflect its importance.

someone whip up a goatse-lookin' overview icon for cynos

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Dalael posted:

The internet is a series of tubes, you see. And you can clog those tube...

:vomarine::tubular: :nallears:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ixjuvin posted:

What about ECM burst? I'd think one of those would do for drones pretty well (I have never used an ECM burst)

nah

it'd hit them but not cause them to return to their launching ship, they'd just retarget basically instantly

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

death to all wormholes

my work continues

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Wolfy posted:

On the other hand, Querns is probably going to murder all of us at eve vegas.

nah i don't hate hole squad

i just like making GBS threads on wormholes

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

holy poo poo you gigantic loving babies

just do without SRP? money is stupid easy to make in this game, i haven't filed for srp in four years

it is like when the faucet runs dry the game is somehow impossible to play, if you believe the posting going on here

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

here is uncle querns' tip to make money

it prints money

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

TensorFan posted:

Paplinks are deeply stupid, and fundamentally pubbie in nature.

mlyp

:owned:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

bos and space violins, backbone of Goonswarm Federation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Demiurge4 posted:

Fix capitals by fixing fleets. No more global boosters. Each wing and squad requires it's own booster with bonuses enhanced for each tier that is filled. Squads gain the best boost effectiveness by having a squad leader in a command ship. Wings gain the best boost by having the wing commander in a capital ship and the fleet booster in a mothership. Even more can be given for a titan in fleet command. All boosters must be present on grid to function.

This terrible idea was brought to you by my reactionary gut.

none of this can happen until the destiny rewrite finishes so don't expect any miracles

• Locked thread