Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Syndic Thrass posted:

Bat Country Am0k. Corp roams shall ride again

...how about a widot as well? come on, please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE
I got a nice Sin fit out in JU- waiting to be used. I'm currently just waiting to jump to some poor Ishtar/ VNI to get a stratios or pilgrim kill but I would prefer more engaging opportunities.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE
The author said he plays EVE Online now, so most of that kickstarter money will go to support the EVEBet habit he will develop.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE
Dix and MOA need to form a coalition

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

yogizh posted:

Moardix Coalition

This is great.

"Now don't go getting dropped by moardix ok?"

"I got tackled by moardix!"

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE
Dertydan may have got burned - https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/3rntt5/cfc_burnreddit_campaign/cwprx2n

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

CommonShore posted:

I didn't say the whole thing, I said 2/3 of the draft. My whole program took me 4 years + 1 semester + 1 week + 1 day, and I actually set the departmental record for fastest completion. I did it by taking no vacations for three years. I'm not sure where you're getting this "take the shortest amount of time."

Historicist methodology means that I engage with historical sources as much as literary ones, and my argument situates a literary issue into a historical context. My dissertation did a close reading of how a common set of themes in English seventeenth-century literature was actually a propaganda debate. I was looking at the texts, commentaries on them, historical studies, and archival materials to make this case.

If it's Edwards saying "give me a year" then whatever, expect it in a year - I guess I got the various promised times confused. Where did "3 months" come from? I thought the "1 year from kickstarter to published" timetable had "3 months for Jeff Edwards to write the thing"

edit: copious typos because the caffeine is wearing off.

Just because one guy can jack off and ejaculate in one minute doesn't mean all men can jack off and ejaculate in a minute, some may like to spend time with masturbation and stretch it out a little longer.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE
I just think this author sees an incredible opportunity for himself with this. It's never been done before, this "based on actual events In a non actual sci fi world". A fictional story based on real characters who influenced events in a fictional world. He'll be the first to attempt it, gotta set the bar high and I guess he just wants to do his diligence.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

DisgracelandUSA posted:

99% of the discussion on this topic, in this thread, even amongst posters I normally respect, is bad, stupid, misguided or wrong.

Does this mean I'm a 1 percenter?

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Dalael posted:

Lets set up a yoga session on mumble. Can anyone send out a ping on jabber?

Yoga Squad - SRP for Yoga Mats and vegan smoothies

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Ynglaur posted:

I'm not sure when CCP created the lore around crew sizes they really thought through the ramifications of a society that loses billions of people a year to space piracy. I guess it could be a drop in the bucket compared to the total population in the cluster, but still.

I remember some ISD article from years ago talking about how millions died while capsuleers on opposing sides joked with one another in a shared comms room.

Not really, death just results in respawning so technically no one ever dies.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Dank meme m8

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Ckwiesr posted:

Looks like command destroyers are possibly a thing.

Yeah they are looking strong - the pontifex seems like a mini MJD Eos

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Kiryen posted:

Just loving lol if you don't have all 4 races to V for frigate through cruiser.

the sub-system skills are annoying to train though / easy to forget

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Glory of Arioch posted:

If your goal is to do data/relic sites, don't use a blackops BS. They lack the hull bonuses for hacking gibsons, and you need those to actually complete the mini-game.

Yeah use an astero of stratios for exploration as they don't need much skill train and give bonuses

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE
I'm having a hard time connecting that "PH TOTALLY WINNING" thread with the fact they literally just gave up an entire region with no resistance.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Unfunny Poster posted:

If that's what you choose to believe then that's all up to you bud. You clearly know more about what Horde & Waffles directors were saying and planning for the past week than the entire group of them.

I'm just sad you have allowed yourself to get so worked up over video game shenanigans.

I am soooo worked up over us getting a free region.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

ya bill ur a giant piece of poo poo no lie

who are you?

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

mpaarating posted:

Doan be salty bill, we lu u

but this guy is taking things LITERALLY, SOMEONE GET A LIME TO GO WITH DIS FUGGIN SALT

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

mpaarating posted:

Well I know that. I'm just saying that we're actually the worst people on SA and maybe we should do something to remedy that.

Not true, I was kicked from the Runescape SA goons group for saying "man, that's so gay" in a completely non-homophobic way. After those guys I'm not so sure though.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

CainFortea posted:

Yes, I know who it was. I am on that killmail. I logged in using my phone to remote desktop while at work to whore on it.

My point is that it's on moa's kb as a loss.

Share your magic spell combination so that my iphone can be useful other than having blue-bubbled text :allears:

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Syndic Thrass posted:

Shut the gently caress up bill you can't do it you stupid iPhone having bitch

GRR STEVE JOBS

...but seriously you can't do it on an iphone I'm assuming? Are there cheap tablets that would be good for this?

Bigbillthaboss fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Nov 21, 2015

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

CainFortea posted:

I dunno about iphones, just use whatever remote desktop viewing software is available.

My Nvidia graphics card software keeps acting like it implements remote view capabilities - is this true? Or is this some sort of software I need to snoop around for on the software subforum.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Venom Snake posted:

well technically outside of D&D and LP eve goons are the most ~relevant~ part of SA.

don't forget h1z1

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Percivahl posted:

anyone here actively playing I been wanting to get to Goon Space I'm in Jita but I don't want to get fired on even though im friendly in Imperium controlled (Goon Space) is only a dozen or so jumps away I want to head over. I specialize in shield tanking stealth bombers and assault frigates, and when im not maxing out my skills for those i'm mining ore in lowsec. right now im sitting in 11.5 million SP with the majority of my core skills maxed to V!

HOLY poo poo APPLY NOW!

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Dalael posted:

This thread seriously lacks hamburger/cheeseburger chat.

The Works.

Nothing better out there.

The meat looks like deviled ham from the can.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

ChickenWing posted:

For real though, despite how expensive their burgers are they're totally worth it on occasion. They have a place near where I work and its a struggle not to go there more than once every month or two.

Did you know they do milkshakes? Just found that out yesterday and they are really really good.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Helpimscared posted:

Best propaganda (for us) I've seen in awhile

E: also,

Haha the best is that killmail behind him or is that what the zinger is with that gif?

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE
"goons out numbered 8:1 !!!"

I want you to go out and poke a hornet's nest, that from observation has more numbers than you, and see if they give you a fair numbers fight.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Kiryen posted:

You can make basically just the pie filling, heat it, and put it over vanilla ice cream. :eng101:

shiiiiiiiiiit throw a couple cups of sugar, vanilla, couple cups of pecans and some caro syrup and BAM

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE
You can literally post a thread "Goons are poopoo heads!" and get 200+ upward direction arrows right now haha. The Imperium hate is so strong on that site.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Glory of Arioch posted:

eh parsnips and carrots also end up as the Sweet Thing in a number of baked goods

Don't forget sweet potatoes

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE
So will this colonial governorship be open to a lot of people? Like can I oversee an area if I put in the work? Also will governors get a commission for their region?

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Glory of Arioch posted:

yep on all counts

So in theory as much as I put in I will get out I.E. If I am willing to reimburse people for dread losses out of my commission people would more likely be willing to use capitals in efforts to moderate the region I oversee? I imagine if I start FCing it would probably help the case as well. But basically if you want your region controlled then you got to be willing to open the wallet for reimbursement and incentives for people to help. (Forgot if that last sentence was a question or statement.)

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Glory of Arioch posted:

well i think the enforcement angle would be mostly covered by alliance SRP, you wouldn't really need to cajole anyone to burn things for you with your fight money

the general idea is that the alliance does nothing but burn structures and moons, the viceroy's job is to squeeze vassals as hard as they can but not actually make them go "gently caress this" and quit

and if "gently caress this" happens it's not a big deal either

But if you are willing to throw your personal earned isk on top of SRP I'm sure people are willing to burn poo poo a little quicker. Offer bounties for POSs and pay Isk/hour to individuals using dreads and carriers to just knock poo poo over (higher than current ratting rates) with full capital reimbursement I'm sure people would be willing to help "take a bat to the knee caps".

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE
Finally SA isn't redirecting me to some lovely iPhone app (I think my cell got some sort of virus). Anyway, even though the plans for this colonization thing hasn't started, is it ok for use to go ahead and started extorting areas for trial runs?

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Samahiel posted:

Like we told scooter, "We love the gumption, but cool it until things are a little more defined."

As for spending a percentage of your cut, no real need to SRP coalition forces but we are looking at letting you pay off one of your vassals with isk or favor in order to form a colonial militia.

I would just want my region extorted in style - if you die your kill mail looks like it belonged in the yacht club.

Plus I would like to make "muscle work" more profitable than sitting in a haven and ask ratting.

Edit: SRP is more than enough but sometimes people just like seeing ~numbers in their wallet~ to feel accomplished and I would be willing to do that is what I'm trying to say I guess.

Bigbillthaboss fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Nov 23, 2015

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

mpaarating posted:

Bill are you still in widot or some poo poo?

How did you guess?

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Numismancer posted:

It's pretty much just 'grr mittani grr' and 'why don't you just disband to make us happy even though we hate you and yours', which are things I'm entirely comfortable with. I'm not sure why our foes think we owe them anything, or react with such thwarted entitlement when we don't hurt ourselves on their behalf. My theory is that it comes from the structure of subreddits - the idea of popularity from 300 upvotes gives rise to a false expectation of an impact on reality.

Time to hand out paps for strategic reddit posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

ChickenWing posted:

That's a good way to get anyone involved's reddit account banned.

So its basically a good idea all around, is what I'm saying.

"Oh no I'm banned from reddit!" - no one ever

Edit: The worst that could happen is we sperg rush r/eve and over run it ultimately causing it to go into the shitter or become a forgotten subreddit which is win win.

Edit 2: Also I would like to go ahead and say that this is not at all a serious idea, please don't take strategic paps per reddit post literally. Unless you think it's halarious and would be a great idea then by all means it was my idea.

Bigbillthaboss fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 23, 2015

• Locked thread