Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Applied as BoozieSA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
What heroes should I be spending guild shop points (or other in game currency) for? Lots posted in thread for angels.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Echophonic posted:

All three of the guild shop heroes are pretty good. Astral Child combines well with good healers to make teams obnoxious. Elder Dwarf seems like a really good tank. Soul Slinger has yet to really impress me, but he can dish out some damage and slow down ultimates with his debuffs. Really depends on what you think you need, they all seem good.

I got lunar priestess with my 10x. Assuming I skip djinn in arena but not sure. I also have grimbow already.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

vulturesrow posted:

It's there a free pull somewhere in the beginning that guarantees you a 3 star? Cause if so I totally missed it.

Your first 10x pull (5k diamonds)

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Do you think rose is better? I'm very new but am appreciating her damage.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Should I be spending gems on the angel trial chests? Do the chest contents improve as you climb the ladder?

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Looking for lineup advice:

Atalanta
Nether Knight
Rose Knight
Berserker Claw
Eldar Dwarf

Pyrona
Exorcist
Mermaid
Lunar Priestess

Green Archer
Grimbow

So normally I was running atal/nether/grimbow/lunar/pyrona. Now I just recently got beserker claw and eldar dwarf and am unsure who gets the bench.

Also do people know the breakpoints for arena rewards? I know it gets better at 10k and 5k, but what after that? Is there a change at 4k or 1k or something? I don't want to level up too far and then not be able to get 5 wins/day.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I'm assuming their at various levels but I would focus on doing this if you're looking for specific people to focus on:

Front Row: Nether Knight and Elder Dwarf. Both are difficult to kill and do pretty good damage. Nether Knight in particular is one of the most annoying tanks to have to deal with.
Back Row: Choose three of Lunar Priestess, Berserker Claw, Grimbow, and Pyrona

Lunar Priestess - probably the best healer in the game
Berserker Claw - in the back row, he stuns the hell out of his counterpart in the other team's back row, or at the very least he'll damage them with his boomerang thing. He's also protected in the back from a lot of damage, which is good because he can shred up the other team's front line if he stays alive.
Grimbow - he attacks fast and crits a lot, his flaming arrow attack has a bleed effect now which is useful. His active skill is great for wrecking back lines that have already been weakened. When he's strong enough he can routinely one shot some weaker front line characters (like Blood Baroness, Earth Shaker, or Hecate) if he crits his flaming arrow, and his active can wipe out a back row if they're at ~75% health (or less). He's probably one of my favorite heroes but a lot of people seem to not like him for some reason.
Pyrona - sheep and her nuke will help you break their front line quickly. If they have a Nether Knight she'll be useful because the sheep will prevent him from using his shield (hopefully).

The rest of your lineup is full of people that are okay but nothing special. Rose Knight is a good tank, I still use him, but that was mostly because the game poo poo out pieces for him when I started so I got him to 4* really fast, and at that point he was critical to the team. I'm working on Elder Dwarf to replace him. Atalanta sucks, Exorcist seems ok but I've never seen anyone use him, Mermaid is pointless because you have Lunar Priestess, and Green Archer is basically a not-as-good version of Grimbow without the benefit of her active damaging the back row.

So I just pulled Night Sentinel. I like Lunar Priestess in the back row for healing, so now I have to choose between Sentinel, Pyrona, Berserker, and Grimbow.

Should I switch my arena rewards to Zwei, or keep grabbing Sentinel to 4*?

Also do you guys think it's worth the gold to get the event quest for 20 normal summons?

Boozie fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 13, 2015

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I FINALLY managed to tank my Arena defense, I cracked sub 1000's and everyone was 55+ against me. I tanked myself down to 3000's so its just a laugher fighting everyone. At some point I'll push myself to the 1.5k's for some better daily arena points and slightly more challenging opponents
Can now farm all 50 floors of Angel Trial just waiting for 50, one level away, so I can grab myself Amora asap

Do you know when the daily rewards change after top 5000? I am comfortable at 4600, and could probably go lower (and still get 5 wins) but I don't want to bother if my daily reward won't change until top 1k.

padijun posted:

do the first 10x super pull where you're guaranteed a 3* hero and never do it again

What do you spend your gems on then? I wonder what the chances are on 10x pull for a 3 star normally.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

padijun posted:

Upgrading training slots and buying stamina once per day. Sometimes refreshing the angel/guild stores when I have too many points stockpiled.

Do you buy any of the Angel Trial chests? What about when it's 2x?

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Cotato posted:

Just 4* my dwarf. At 62 this guy is so badass.

Nice, I been thinking about paying resets to get him to 4* quicker. I'm sitting on like 2k currency.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Do the blitz coupons give double rewards on elite 2x day?

Also, just to clarify, Sunday night => Monday morning, the reset deletes all your active mines? 5 AM server or when?

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Looking for advice on a few things.

Should I stop buying Nyssa shards after 3 star? I'm not 55 yet, but I'm wondering if I will keep using her by the time I have enough to 4 star her.

Also, do people buy any of the items in angel trials shop (or guild shop for that matter)? Some of the epic items that I need for 1k staring me in the face are hard to pass up.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Ok thanks. What about buying the other items in the shop? No go?

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Since I just hit 50, I have needed some of the 20 shard epic items that I see in the shop which cost 1k (Dragon Eye). I think they are a better purchase if you look at cost per shard than the blue items. I'm doing pretty well on the blues anyways.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Are elites better per stamina for drops ignoring hero shards?

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
So how are people prioritizing their stamina on the non 2x days? Before I hit 50, I was just hitting up elites for heroes I wanted. So Nether Knight ate 108 of my stamina every day. Pyrona, 72, Berserker 72, etc. Now that I’ve unlocked more levels I’m not sure I should keep focusing my stamina on hero shards. A lot of those levels don’t even drop blue items let alone purple ones.

This makes me question pursuing Nether Knight long term because that is a lot of stamina that isn’t also getting me needed equipment. On the other hand some of the heros like snow queen and amazon hunter only have 1 level unlocked, meaning later down the road if I am spending 108 stamina for them, I’m also getting a shot at purple equipment.

Over time you can really work towards any hero, so I want to maximize where I’m spending my stamina over the long haul. (I haven’t been getting astral hunter shards even though I own him for example).

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I don't do the elite levels very much. I do two levels each day to get the daily achievement and that's about it. Obviously I'll do levels that have stones for whatever hero I'm focusing on, but if I get 1 or 2 I consider it a bonus. I usually just rely on coupons from hero trial to get stones.

So this goes back to my previous question of loot/stamina. Normal missions are better than elite? Meaning I won't get twice the gear in one average elite run than one average normal run?

[e] Also, we need to focus fire on research. Just call something out so we aren't scattered everywhere.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I've never gotten twice the gear in an elite run unless it was on 2x elite day or whatever. Maybe the drop rate for items is better, I don't know, but to me it's seemed like I'm more likely to get pieces I need by running a normal level 6 times vs the elite level 3 times.

Yea I'm not speaking to literal 2x of an item in one run, just drop rates and loot per stamina spent.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Envgard posted:

And as far spending stamina goes. I spend all my stamina first on elite stages for hero shards and then spend the leftover on equipment from normal stages. I do 3 refreshes a day and up until the last couple weeks I was running all 3 stages for rose knight, mermaid, pyrona, berserker, and then two stages for Atalanta and one for nereida. All my coupons go to nereida and have since I started playing since despite her being my first 3* pull I'm only at 69 out of 120 for 5 stars. I'm like 3 elite stages away from unlocking her second stage but I can't get there yet. I only have berserker and nereida left to 5* so I've started branching out to a couple heroes I haven't unlocked like Hecate and lunar priestess.

Interesting. People are on opposite ends of the spectrum haha. If you didn't pull Nereida would you be running that level? I was thinking about the first amazon hunter level since I see her in a few of the top arena teams. I also notice you didn't list nether knight, not a fan? I've been prioritizing him over rose knight, hope that's okay

I've also been debating gearing out astral hunter and/or arcane mage. Right now my main group is nether knight, eldar dwarf, night sentinel, pyrona, and berserker. I swap in lunar priestess as a 6th, they are all purple.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
I’m tempted to level up Soul Slinger, but I’m concerned that I should keep all my points spent on Eldar Dwarf. Was hoping to at least buy Astral Child some point as well.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Anyone ranked in top 500-1000 and/or 1000-1500 in arena? Trying to determine reward breakpoints. Top 5000, is 100, top 2000 is 150 (happy surprise). I don't think I should dip in to the top 1000 just yet but I'm curious as to the rewards.

[e] Do the Angel Trial fights get harder relative to your level and/or br or are the strength of the fights static?

Boozie fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jun 29, 2015

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

padijun posted:

I usually skip 25 floors (getting the hard difficulty rewards), then the next five fights (27, 29, 31, 33, and 34) I do on medium. After that, all easy fights 3*ed will keep me in the top 100 for the 400 point reward, for a total of 1,550/day.

Interesting, so the rewards increase with your level as well then. I have been doing up to 34 on hard, and get ranked just barely in the top 100.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Are the natural 3 stars inherently better on average or are the stats roughly even for everyone at the same star level?

I pulled summoner and am wondering if I should level her up. Also need advice if I should 5 star night Sentinel before picking up zwei.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Mikaela worth leveling? Got him with the angel trial event.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Trying to figure out the best way to set up ancient arena. I'm in the top 500 (211 right now) even though I'm vastly underpowered sitting at level 62. I'm only there because it's easy to climb when you don't have to beat someone's first string. So really I'm free pickings for anyone who sees me, but I'd still like to determine the best way to set my defense.

I'm under the impression that I should either hide my 2nd string, or evenly split my top 10 people and hide one of the two of them. Hiding your best team just means they will skip them and hiding your worst team doesn't help you if they understand simple algebra (but maybe that happens).

Additionally, I have Lunar Priestess and Mermaid leveled. I'm trying to figure out if I should run one healer with each group or if it's any good to stack them. Also if I have Mermaid in a group, do I want to run her in the front as a 3rd front liner? It seems like she has decent tanking stats so far. Right now my 2nd string front is Zwei, summoner, and mermaid. I could pluck Nerieda from 1st string back (exposed) row and move her to 2nd string front if that is better.

What are people's thoughts on Amazon Hunter or Earthshaker? I'm very close to unlocking both of them. I also just unlocked blood baroness but I'm leaning towards not leveling her.

Lastly, what are people buying with the treasure raid shop coins beyond slot tickets? So far I've just been hoarding my coins and not really levelling my emblems.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Jamwad Hilder posted:

yo just FYI dark paladin is kind of disappointing at high levels. It's cool that he has to be killed twice, but his damage is rear end and he's easily countered by "anything that does magic damage"

Sitting with 0 stones for him currently, this makes me think I should invest more into Night Sentinel instead with these tokens. Once I 5 star him I can spend my arena points on someone else.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Tsurupettan posted:

I want him for completion and because I want a primary tank for my third AA/Wharf team that isn't zwei or nether.

e: I mean if you have a better idea I am all ears. My only other idea was to make Astral Child my primary tank on the third team. I really don't like NK/Zwei. Dwarf and RK are my first two team's primary tanks.

Why is RK better than NK?

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
I'm going on vacation 7/22 - 7/27. I'll try to still log in, but I'm camping so I don't really expect to be on 7/23-7/26 at all.

[e] Do you guys buy the VIP 2 Hero Chest III for 400 gems? I just think of the guild reward chests and how they never have hero shards in them.

Boozie fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jul 21, 2015

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
What are people eyeing from this weekends outlet?

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Jamwad Hilder posted:

picked up mysterious count today from the celestial store, seems like an interesting hero but he starts at 2* and as far as I know the store is the only way to get pieces for him at the moment, so that's annoying

How exactly does the celestial store work. Do certain hero shards only allow purchase of certain other shards? I've been stocking up on eldar dwarf shards hoping to buy the mysterious count, but I only see light envoy and other heroes I already have.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Ok thanks. Assuming light envoy isn't worth it.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

padijun posted:

my huge regret is I basically waited til I had zwei 3*, djinni 4*, and grimbow 5* before I even started working on night sentinel. for new people, If I had to do the arena heroes all over, it would go something like:

djinni 2*
grimbow 2*
NS 3*
GB 3*
djinni 3*
GB 4*
NS 4*
GB or NS 5*
other one to 5*
djinni to 4*

I already have Lunar P so I think I'm going to skip Djinni at least until NS and GB are 5*.

I was thinking about making an AA team that just tanks and tries to stall for 2 min to win by default (on defense only). What do you guys think/who should I put in it? Right now I have mermaid/priestess NK and RK. I have ED in my #1 team, but I could bring him over if I need to. I was debating leveling up either an Astral Child or Guardian for the last spot. If I put the team in a hidden spot I think it could work out against a lot of people that might normally beat me. I could also swap off GB who is almost 4* and get Djinni in there pretty quickly.

[e] Meant to ask, do people lvl 75+ plunder potions or equipment?

Boozie fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Aug 14, 2015

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
I'm assuming Flora is worth getting/levelling.

Also, which do you think is a more effecient buy, the swords for 665 or 5x lunar P for 700?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
I had to do a double take this morning. I don't mind it being me, but if someone actively wants it, that's fine by me.

• Locked thread