Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Arglebargle III posted:

Did it last night, 4xImpera Guard, Black Archers, Dandelion, Horn, lots of heroes.

Horns don't double hero values though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Filthy Monkey posted:

I am kind of getting bored of flamethrowering everything to death. For people who have tried it, is light armor and light attack more fun, or heavy armor and heavy attack? I was kind of thinking of switching into a heavy armor combat/alchemy setup.

I'm doing mostly combat skills, with a couple each of signs and alchemy. Wearing the Griffin Set with the Griffin School Techniques trait, using the decoctions that give you bonus damage using different signs or attacks or increasing Stamina regen the more signs you cast (and whatever potions suit the fight). Regen is fast enough to use a sign every two attacks, my blade oils poison things and my Igni's or dancing stars set them on fire while my broadhead crossbow bolts make them bleed. I don't kill things in one hit, but they never hit me and it's flashy and fun to play!

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I've never actually played through the DLC but am gearing up to start a fresh play through of the entire game from start to finish. From what I remember beating it before the DLC, I don't know how I could finish the game at even the minimum recommended levels for the new content. Did they change something about the leveling curve or experience gains since before the new content was released?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Paul Zuvella posted:

This game would be way better if there was a scene where Triss and Yen tried to beat the piss out of one another.

I think it would have been a nice aside if when you head to Kaer Morhen after rallying the troops there's some vast swath of devastation and a dialogue scene with Eskel or someone about it. Geralt asks what happened, his friend says something like "you did, dummy. Quit loving sorceresses". Then some small aside indicating that Triss and Yen worked out whatever tension there was over Geralt, like they walk through the frame in the background together laughing about something indistinct but giving Geralt the stink eye. That would have been fun.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

DoctorGonzo posted:

I just got a ps4, anyone knows if Cyberpunk 2077 will be on this generation of consoles?

With how incredibly close lipped CDPR has been about Cyberpunk, I kind of question if we're going to see it before 2020. I don't have a thing that supports that year, that's just what my gut says.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Senjuro posted:

CDPR released a sweet little video for The Witcher's 10th anniversary.

Spoilers if you haven't finished the expansions I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgqz8Je7P0s

I really like the way what sort of started off like a letter to a friend (Ciri maybe - like she was arriving to the party after receiving the letter being read) turned into a step across the fourth wall with Geralt and CDPR acknowledging that their success was both hard work and loyal fans. It's rare that a video games company does something that makes me feel personally appreciated. Not just as a consumer, but as a person. That was cool.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
CDPR posted via Facebook that they're hiring gameplay designers for Cyperpunk 2077. Super stoked for them to create another game that devours hundreds of hours of my life and ruins other games for me!

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Avalerion posted:

two mutually exclusive second acts

Wait, are you saying this is a bad thing? That's one of the most remarkable parts of the scope of the game and the quality of the writing.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
So you've never looked at a critical plot juncture and thought "what if that went differently? What if I, the protagonist, were allowed to choose my allies instead of having them assigned to me?"

That's the thing that the W2 did the most right in all of the things that were great about it. You could honestly choose either, and got two enormously different game experiences out of it. There were other less enormous junctures like that too. Pursuing Phillipa, sparing Letho, and several others that gave you totally different narrative interactions with the game and the story.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Staltran posted:

This sounded really off to me too and I checked wikipedia, but apparently being sacked in the Fourth Crusade screwed the city over way more than I realized and didn't recover to more than a hundred thousand people until after the Ottomans conquered it. But that doesn't mean that 30k people is impressive for a renaissance city, Paris apparently had a bit less than 300k in 1400ish, and at least a few cities in Italy had more than 100k people too. The Northern Realms probably just don't have many big cities or a lot of people in general - it's only been a few generations since there really used to be a lot of monsters around in the north, right? At least I've always thought monsters were (mostly) wiped out significantly earlier in the south.

The city population numbers offer an interesting perspective; I grew up in a small town in the midwest that had a population of 32,000 when I left in 2000. When I think about how desolate it felt in comparison to Novigrad it says a great deal about how actual population density impacts your perception of "busy-ness".

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I wish that there was an open world game that could hold a candle to this game. Dragon Age: Inquisition came close-ish, but there's nothing that scratches the itch as well and I've played through W3 like 5 times already.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

steinrokkan posted:

Inquisition "came close"? WTF, that game was a god drat garbage fire, and one of the most regrettable game purchases I ever made. Also not open world.

I don't share your opinion, but I don't begrudge you it either. I liked it. I didn't like plenty of parts of it, but it was good enough for a hundred hours of my life for my tastes.

Arcsquad12 posted:

If you're on PS4 give Horizon Zero Dawn a whirl. It's Guerrilla Games first open world game and it's excellent. Some of the talent behind New Vegas and Witcher 3 helped with development.

Almost bought a PS4 just for that game, actually.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Dandelion's "Toss a Coin to the Witcher" at the end of ep. 2 feels like it would make a rad 80's power ballad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Still nuts to me that I can run Cyberpunk 2077 at max settings but this game brings my rig to its knees.

Yeah I have a firmly mid range rig (ryzen 5 3600x, 3060ti) and while I can pull a respectable 60+ frames at 1440p Ultra+ no RT, any amount of RT brings me to 45ish, or sub 30 in Novigrad. Cyberpunk I hold a steady 50ish fps with all of the bells and whistles on mostly high with a few medium settings.