Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Utnayan posted:

You need to purchase premium so I can click the message button under your name. Make it so.

Here are some great screenshots.

http://imgur.com/a/Xs0PA

That lighting now looks flat as gently caress. Everything has a plasticy sheen on it :\

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I wish this game came out at midnight, not two hours before I have to leave work. I wonder if I can get my roommate to press "unlock" for me so I don't have to wait for it to decrypt.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Will this use witcher 2 save imports?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So the Witcher 3, Where are the save files for 2? It seems to be in my steam directory, but for some reason these all look like old saves, nothing recent. I don't seem to have backups of these save files from when I beat the game twice. Will I be okay for importing the sames?

Does importing even work?

If not, I'm not replaying the game again to get the save file, can someone provide their complete save file from the enhanced edition?

I beat my game before the enhanced edition was out.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Lowtechs posted:

Dude the very first post in this thread has a link to all kinds of save games. Also yes the importing of download save games works I did it for mine.

Awesome, I didn't see that.

Aryan Dead - Roche Path - Henselt Alive - Triss Saved

Best ending.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

1stGear posted:

It's sectioned off into a few different chunks. You can see them if you check the full world map.

That said, each chunk is way, way bigger than DAI's levels.

That's cool, because I already thought DAI levels were big enough as it is.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Game just locked up as I was wandering the first real open area and was about to take me down some griffins. Welp.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Bardeh posted:

Are there any reports out there yet of it running on a 750ti?

e: It looks like this guy is running it on an i3 and a 750ti and it looks pretty drat good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bewyyjNvqYE

At 1080p and medium-high settings he's getting a reasonably consistent 30fps. If I can get 1080p and a locked 30 by turning a couple of things down, I'm happy with that.

The game is much more GPU locked than CPU locked. I have an i5 3570k @ 4.2 and a 750ti and I just left it on the default settings the game was at and it's locked to like 30fps

However the game seems to get hardlock and crash happy in menus :\

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I haven't touched the game since trying it and having it crash on me all the time. Thanks CDPR

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

On the topic of "downgrading" and why the entire situation is annoying:

It's like going to a burger joint, and you see a picture of a delicious looking cheeseburger.

:downs: that'll be 59.99 please
:v: okay
:downs: But you have to wait a year for it to come out
:v: sure...
*6 months later*
:downs: Ehhh, wait 6 more months
*6 months pass*
:downs: here's your burger!

And you open it and all that's in the box is a cheeseburger with no buns. Is it entitlement if the burger wasn't as advertised? Are you wrong to call out the burger joint for stiffing you? I'm sure the burger is still delicious, but that's not what you paid for. You paid to have a burger that looks like the image advertised. But the burger joint says too bad, deal with it! "You don't understand all the time and effort that goes into making a burger!". At the end of the day it's just a burger, but at the same time, it sure feels a lot like someone pulled a fast one on you.

:sigh:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Arglebargle III posted:

In this scenario the nice burger requires a 15,000 BTU grill to cook.

Maybe I'd be satisfied with a 1000BTU burger, and it would cost the developer less too. I'd be okay in this scenario if I was shown a picture of a burger that was missing buns, if I got a burger that was missing buns is really what I'm saying.

(note, I'm not upset about this game, this is just another brick in the wall at this point)

VDay posted:

I don't think you know how video games or analogies work.

No, it works pretty well from the consumer side of things.

Arglebargle III posted:

Loras was gay in the books though.

Okay, you can shut up with that poo poo already.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is there any way to get that "control scheme changed" to NOT come up? I want to use my controller but take screenshots and it ends up on every goddamn screenshot.

Also using the controller in the tutorial for the Gwent thing doesn't display the back button properly. It comes up as code, not as game text.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I don't understand gwent at all. 10 cards on a 22 card deck, and thats all you can ever draw? Why even bother with a deck then?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is Dirty Funds broken for anyone else?

I cant complete it and there's literally nothing else for me to do in white orchard except for the main quest.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah, there needs to be way more tabs for poo poo. Half the time I don't really know if I should be deconstructing something or not.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So I finally figured out Gwent

Is there any reason to fight the scholar in White Orchard more than once, or is Zoltran the only thing you get from him?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Hero cards are loving BULLSHIT

I am so mad at this video game right now.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Arglebargle III posted:

Don't worry GreenBuckaneer if you don't understand or can't deal with something it's invariably someone else's fault.

You really need to shut the gently caress up, because you ragging on me is getting very old.

edit: Yeah hero cards are static, but when you don't have any hero cards they're pretty annoying...

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Psiharis posted:

Be honest, you're mad about hero cards because you just scorched a bunch of your own cards by mistake, right? (I have done the same thing a jillion times.)

I'm enjoying Gwent in a gamey way but I admit I kind of hate it as part of the world. Where are these cards coming from? How are 'unique' cards a thing at all? Who is verifying authenticity? It makes no loving sense from a lore perspective. Dice poker was less entertaining to play but made perfect sense in context, even cheating AI could just have weighted dice - and the journal entries outright declared that the reason Geralt won dice poker tournaments was by cheating better than the other guy.

Don't get me wrong I'm not mad about it, there are just so many unanswered questions that it feels like a completely trivial yet irresolvable plot hole and it bugs me a little every time it comes up.

No, I don't have a scorch card. I was battling that dude in Visima after talking to the emperor. He'd frequently pull a 10+ hero card out of his rear end to beat me by 1 point while I'm out of cards. And of course, Nilfgard wins in the case of a tie. I beat him but not without being frustrated (I wanted to beat him before I left, in case I couldn't get whatever card he had, which was Foltest. Not pleased lol)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Oh god, there is too much poo poo to do, I entered the first open area after white orchard and it's just quests the whole way down.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

If I update to the latest patch, is it going to punish me for doing quests I outlevel by not giving me the xp for it?

I have to do all the quests.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So does no one know?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Deaderinred posted:

You get 5xp now for grey quests.

Guess I'm playing in Offline mode then for a while.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Andrast posted:

Before you didn't get any XP from grey sidequests.

Hrm. I haven't had the chance to play often, I didn't notice this. 5xp is better than nothing I suppose.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So I saved some merchant and he's like, come see me near the bridge across the pontar, where the gently caress is that?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is there a list of where to get all the gwent cards? I'm gwenting all over the loving place and I've only so far got enough to play Nilfgard and Northern. Monster cards seem to be rarer than elves.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

How do you use boats? I went up to one and it didnt have any context menu. Do I have to do some quest to learn how to use a boat? lol

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So, what are these huge boulders that show a Sun icon? I saw one when I was looking for some master witcher armor, and near a boat. Not sure what to do there.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Well, Sukrus doesn't load. He shows up, punches a dude, then the map marker disappears. Not sure how to fix this...

I really wanted cat gear...

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Scandalous posted:

*Geralt is drenched in torrential downpour* "Hm looks like rain"

*Geralt picks up Sturdy Barn Key* "Hm wonder what this opens"

Geralt I love you but you're not that sharp

I hope I'm not the only one who hopes Geralt goes "Mmmm looks like my inlaws" when attacking drowners, and "mmm, bandits" when wolves attack.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Okay, I lost my poo poo at some lady calling Geralt "Jerald" on dandelion's quest.

The Adventures of Jerald: The Witcher Returns

edit: holy poo poo this quest just got BETTER!

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jun 15, 2015

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Bob NewSCART posted:

Alright, gently caress, this may have convinced me. If I'm playing on PC, is it a better idea to use a game pad? Because I have a 360 one made for Windows or whatever.

Keyboard seems fine, but I use my DS4 on my pc. Works great.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Schlesische posted:

This, only I find the DS4's touchpad to be an absolute pain in the arse when you're on horseback.

I have mine disabled.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

That fool's gold quest was seriously loving lame. That's it? I guess I just don't "get it".

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Nien posted:

I'd add that the striking thing is the lack of agency in in the characters. The only one who can do anything to change things, because he's a vat grown autistic unstoppable killing machine, chooses not to choose and allows himself to be manipulated. Because he's a vat grown autist.

If Sapkowski intended this as a kick in the nuts to fantasy tropes it's better than grrm and possibly glen cook (croaker and the lady end up heroes after their journey of self learning blah blah).

I'll stop now.

Glen Cook is a pile of poo poo.

Every time I've tried to read his books they're somehow incredibly over descriptive and analytical iirc, and it bored me to tears.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So when's steam getting this dlc?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

cheesetriangles posted:

So apparently patch 1.07 is ready for release on PC but they aren't releasing it yet because they want all versions to get patched at once and the console patches have to go through cert. God loving damnit.

I understand they want to make sure the patches don't break something or allow someone to code hack, but I still think it's stupid. Let the devs handle their poo poo, its not the responsibility of the console platform.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Crappy Jack posted:

Yeah. Or they could do it the way they're doing it too. Which is what they're doing. I mean, they're still fixing this game for free and releasing all sorts of DLC, again, for free, along with two expansion packs that sound like they're gonna be as big as the previous game in the series.

So, like, at this point I kinda feel like if they want to wait a couple days to release a patch, that's okay. Especially if the cert process catches something that might also affect the PC version, so they can release a fixed patch instead of having to scramble around to get parity between different versions of the game.

This is a terrible argument. We shouldn't complain because they're doing it for free?

This is their game, they should be doing it regardless. I'm ok with not getting free DLC if it means getting patches asap by that logic, but there's literally nothing stopping them from releasing it on PC other than choosing to.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Man, I need that patch to be out already. It fixes a lot of bugs I've had crop up :\

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

JetsGuy posted:

Also, I notice in the patch notes they "fixed" a glitch where you can infinitely buy foreign currency from the loan shark and then sell it to Vivaldi. Why does that matter? It's not like you make money on that?

They got rid of the seashell salesman (before I got the game even!) so I just don't get it

The what?