Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

It's possible that starting armour will be upgradeable:

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/608577339274964994

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Triss card is pretty cool too. Looking at that card design, I've always wondered how she didn't end up with some kind of fire-phobia PTSD after Sodden Hill..

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

T.G. Xarbala posted:

If they make the starting gear upgradeable I hope they put in crafting recipes for the baseline stuff because sometimes mistakes are made.

I think that's pretty much required. I'd also like a way to pick armor look so I'd roll with full griffin gear, but looking like a sweet Redanian set. Blue stripes represent!

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Baron Bifford posted:

I'm told it's poo poo.

That's truth, it's poo poo, but it kinda warps into "so bad it's good" territory.

e: screenshot from the first episode, that happens during Geralt's childhood:

Witcher's code came a long way..

alex314 fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jun 11, 2015

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

CDP/GOG has released sales numbers, and according to
http://www.vgchartz.com/article/259486/the-witcher-3-pc-sales-totals-and-platform-split-revealed/
around the third of all sold copies are on PC. 4 milion total so far also puts W3 in the same place as better of Bioware titles. Let's hope for Bethesda numbers soon.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

turtlecrunch posted:

This was a few pages ago but wtf beer belly armors. Can someone ss an armor like this? I haven't seen any.

Probably Griffin armor, that has solid chestpiece instead of leather+chain as other witcher sets do.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Badly Jester posted:

Did anyone else run into any bugs during Gwent: High Stakes?
Specifically, after winning and finding out that the prize money has been stolen, when I go to investigate the room where it happened, I can look at the corpse, see the mark on the floor where they dragged something heavy to the balcony, and that's it. I can't leave the room through the door, and when I jump off the balcony, I don't find anything lying around, either. And I can't get back into the building.

Look around on the balcony more. You've overlooked one clue.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Perestroika posted:

Is there a quick and relatively painless way to grind some XP?

Just use cheatengine..

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Book spoiler about Emhyr: he believes the war of conquest is necessary because united world stands a better chance against White Frost. Or at least he claims so.

Choice between Northern Kingdoms and Nilfgaard in medieval times was more about choice between whomever is at the head of the states. Emhyr is pretty old, even if he's not assasinated he'll die soon. Remember that all of his conquests happened during his lifetime, which means most of Nilfgaardian subjects are under their rule for at most one generation, far too short time to forge one identity. It's easy to see W4 happen somewhere between Nazair, Cintra, Mahakam and Dol Blathanna with strong theme of rebellions against invaders/central government/bad laws.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Aurain posted:

Bernard Tulle in the tournament quest is the only Gwent player in the game who actually plays the game with any sort of intelligence. He's still crazy beatable, naturally, but if you get a bad initial draw, you're probably gonna be up the creek.

There's one shopkeeper in Novigrad, that I was sure was cheating. He probably wasn't, but I beat him only after I had pretty much every spy and hero card available. I've found him as hard as first game in the tournament.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Muffin Rhino posted:

That's the Mastercrafted set. It's very... Eskel. I like it.

That's my first impression too.
I like the look, but I didn't mind griffin set, I'm easy to please.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

my new dog posted:

Ending spoiler: everything is poo poo

Post your slides.
I should wrap the game this weekend, but based on the thread the darkest of paths is Radovid wins the war, is shithead. Ciri, Geralt, Keira, Bloody Baron, his wife, Letho, and Emhyr dies.

e: also you've killed all of the trolls and a mimic.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Palpek posted:

I'm loving this game but goddamn does it need a robust inventory ui revamp. Let us sort by price, weight, amount and name (even Witcher 2 had this). Divide the grid into rows of subcategories that you can hide. At this moment it really looks like they thought "one big gently caress-off grid worked for Diablo so it will work here" but Diablo didn't have a fraction of these item. poo poo, Skyrim had a better inventory system (and it was bad) and I'm sure it had fewer item types (especially crafting).

Also let us buy crafting components from the crafting window if the merchant has them. Add a little button next to the missing ones when the guy has them in store and bam, a lot of tedium in the game gone.

My thoughts too. I hope that even if CDP doesn't fix inventory modders will. Yesterday I did last available witcher contract, I've probably had an internet outage because there's still unclaimed achievments for vampire hunt. I might have hosed something up with regards to wolven armour - I cannot craft 3rd tier steel sword, but have 4th. Quest is finished. I hope it's only a case of a map or a book I've missed.

I also don't want to start the last preparation quest with Yennefer, I dick around in Skellige checking all land "?" because I'm one of those people that waits a bit before the next playthrough, and I don't want to leave the game.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I could see fast ending post Kaer Morhen, with you following the assailants, with possible grimdarkest ending of everything going to poo poo. I still prefer more story, there are people to be shanked, for example that one rear end in a top hat that really truly deserves shanking..

I'd also love non-Witcher PC adventure where you join Blue Stripes shortly past W2 and hang out with Roche and Ves. You could have Bioware RPG, just pick your gender, skin color and look, and romance away from the cast of known and new characters.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I hope for some expansion in a new zone where you get to meet Saskia, Iorweth and maybe Jan Natalis.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

You barely get to hang out with Ves and Roche, most you get is 2-3 short quests and then a bit at the end of act 2. I've posted it before, but I'd love to play as a new recruit in Blue Stripes or whatever's left of Temerian army between W2 and W3. It would put stuff in perspective, where you simply cannot defeat this one loving wraith, and have to contact the professional so you can visit some dungeon.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

He's entitled to his opinion, maybe there's something in W3 story and quest design that simply doesn't mesh with his expectations.. For me W3 has changed the way I look at quests in RPGs, I regularily replay Skyrim with some new set of mods, and when I look at quests and their outcome now your choices lack meaning. You pick a side in civil war, and a Jarl or three changes. You shank a couple of important characters, perform human sacrifice once or twice, do really terrible stuff (if you want that daedra achievment) in addition to the usual helping stuff, but in the end nothing bites you in the rear end. An Archmage, Whisperer, Nightingale, Companion, Thane of all of holds, Vampire and Dragonborn enter the tavern, s/he approaches the tender, asks for rumors and leaves.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I must be lucky in that regard, because the only glitch I've seen was a little girl standing in the deep water in one of Skellige island harbours. Like fully submerged with a couple of meters of water above her head. Her hair were moving with waves. I've thought that it's a part of some quest and it's a ghost, but found nothing nearby.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

I'm working on some stuff you should enjoy.

Team Golf tournament where you pick between team human: Geralt, Ves, Thaler and Lambert and team Troll, with returning performance of W2 bridge troll.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

webmeister posted:

Random question - is this game more dependent on GPU or CPU? I've been playing on a computer below minimum specs (i5-2500 and a GTX-560), but I've only got enough budget to upgrade one component. I'm guessing a GPU upgrade would be my best bet?

Definitely. I'm running i7-920 which is a bit slower but generally in the same bracket as your CPU, and game runs with almost all stuff on high-ultra (save hairworks) on radeon 7970.
Get a ssd if you don't have one.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

^^^^^^^^
I've did that quest differently, no wonder Geralt had a piece of dialogue "I wonder what caused this" when I've finished.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Jarmak posted:

So I just arrived at bald mountain: In the sequence at the Isle of mists is Ciri mentioning "a world were everyone has their own flying ship and war is waged by people with metal in their heads propelling chunks of metal at each other" supposed to be a Cyberpunk reference?

That's the thread consensus, but there's nothing solid. If we're lucky we'll know in 2-3 years.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I've finished the game. For the last couple of days I've wrapped up anything else I could. I was at level 35, with mastercrafted armour, all potions save mimic and succubus decoction and around 65k cash. Clocked around 110 hours, GOG is weird with playtime.
As for my choices: Ciri is a witcher, Geralt chills with Triss in their nice house,Temeria is a vassal to Nilfgaard. Keira puts her knowledge for good of mankind, Skellige is ruled by a Cerys, no sentient troll was killed.
I wish there were some meetings during your travel to an inn, for example with Roche and Ves, maybe Priscilla, Zoltan and Dandelion. Also there should be some more of your chosen love interest in the latter part of the game!
I'm pretty happy with my ending, I've only messed up the serial killer quest, and I've missed the sleeping vampire in Novigrad's sewers.

And now I have no AAA story-driven RPG to play. Maybe if we're lucky Fallout 4 will have engaging main quest, if not there's always those two expansions. I'll probably finish DA:I now, but despite having a passable story and good characters I'm not sure I can suffer through MMO style battles.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Taear posted:

Ending spoilers!
Is it not like that with Triss?

Nope, except oxenfurt arc you barely talk.

quote:

Also Triss is the wrong choice because in the books she creeps on him and is then taking advantage of the fact has amnesia in the Witcher 1/2. Any choice other than Yennifer is really not very Geralt.

I've warmed to Triss during the course of the games. With first I've picked Shani and didn't trust Triss. By the time second ended I was in team Triss. She grows a lot in the span of the games. I wish her story in regards to battles of Sodden Hill was explored.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

CVagts posted:

"Bigger bro: Vernon Roche or Zoltan" should be a debate alongside "Yen or Triss."

Roche. He leaves everything important to help you.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Arglebargle III posted:

I thought it was funny that Roche got mad Letho was there. "You brought a kingslayer!"
"Bitch you killed Henselt!"

Henselt deserved it.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

So does Zoltan, but Zoltan also never imprisons, tortures, and forcibly conscripts you into into a manhunt so

Someone offed his beloved king, it was understandable.
All Zoltan sacrifices are a couple nights of work in cabaret, if he dies he'll be missed by few, despite being cool bro.
Roche is all that keeps what's left of Redanian forces together. If he and Ves dies the resistance is over.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Yeah, I've mixed kingdoms, he keeps Temeria alive. I like him more than Zoltan, I find Zoltan onedimensional. He's fun to be around and a total bro, but so is Roche. And Roche has more going for him.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I've watched Sword of destiny trailer again, and I don't remember that scene:

I assume it's Avallach because I remember with whom I was cruising near the end of the game. Maybe we'll get an alternative costume DLC, but considering that person's amount of screen time it's barely worth it.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

Yeah that must be him

Pretty sure that part of the trailer is when they're sailing to Skellige to deal with the Wild Hunt, and Avellac'h wore a mask like that before it was revealed who he was.

Good point, I've forgot about that earlier part.

Of all the stuff that's changed compared to the trailer I miss the opportunity to hunt monsters with witcher bros, this leshen looked cool.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I wish I could toggle the leash lenght through a mod just to see how horrible you can be. Leading those angry alghuls to Novigrad could end up amazingly broken.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I hope your bosses had realistic expectations, but from what I've gathered they are fine with working that RPG niche and building company and franchise name. Noone sane expects Wither 3 to ship more copies than Batman, Fallout or Mass Effect even with the whole "Game of Thrones game we've all been waiting for" vibe.
As for what's next for the franchise (after expansions) I'm torn: on one hand I wouldn't mind a couple of smaller games set in the same/similar world, maybe different time with decent branching stories and ~50 h playtime. On the other hand it might be seen as AssCreed style franchise exploitation.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Slugnoid posted:

Hey Comte, did you guys wind up patching the beheading animation launching baddies to the moon? I haven't had it happen the last few times I played but I could just be lucky..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjOVfHwEfIA

I haven't seen it, or maybe just didn't pay any attention in a heat of battle. I think it happened with some nonhuman enemies. They leave the loot pile at your feet so it doesn't bother me.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

MoraleHazard posted:

Is there any benefit or drawback to mix and match with Witcher sets? Using bits of armor or swords from one set or another?

Set gives you similar bonuses, but it's not Diablo, where you get something extra for having 6/6 equipped. Many people use armor from one set and swords from another. Some people take armor type specific skill, and only griphon and wolf are of the same class (medium). I generally tried to stick with one set since it maximizes the skill I plan on using the most, but by the end of the game I was so overlevelled that it didn't matter. I'll probably skip witcher armours altogether in my next playthrough and limit my use of signs.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Schlesische posted:

Given who CDPR are, and how they act... probably not, no.

They can always sell the engine use rights and generic assets to some other studio. I don't see why they cannot use their expertise to revamp combat for purely human vs human, no magic, more types of weapons used. Now all you need is a license, story and voice acting. Maybe we'll see something made in redkit, I know there were new adventures made for W2.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

admataY posted:

I am very talented and have managed to finish the game with out getting it on with either Triss or Yennnefer , despite actively trying . I think I locked out of it because I spent a night with some random spy, but it could be I made some bad dialouge choices along the way. Roach is the only one that understands me :( now if I could only cure that thing from its crippling fear of wooden bridges ...

You must have hosed the dialogues with Triss and Yen. It's only the way you talk to them that locks you from one, both, or simply makes you not engage the romance paths altogether. You can mess around with named women. I've had romantic encounter with the spy you mention after confessing love to Triss and it didn't lock me.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I'd love if the game set first mutagen from a creature aside as a quest item, I think I've combined leshen mutagen sometime before I've noticed I can use it for a decoction..

I'd also like to have a power (either default or unlocked via potion tree) to "sniff" the ingredient I'm looking for. Also alcohol recipes. Making white gull was needlessly unfun thanks to having to visit any tavern possible hunting those 3 kinds of alcohol required.

And another thing - if an alchemist has an ingredient I need to make something just prompt me about buy, don't require me to go to shop tab.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Slugnoid posted:

When Kiera gets impaled on the stake in Novigrad you find out that she was going to sell Alexander's notes to Radovid to build him a germ warfare superweapon.

Keira's quest: it means Witcher's dick is one of few things that make sorceress act good..

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I've found an IT magazine about polish IT companies market, and it seems that in 2014 GOG was responsible for 2/3 of CD Projekt Group profits. Anyone interested in more details?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

^^^ that looks like an unique experience. How does witcher sense look?