Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The scene where the Baron buries Dea is really loving good guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I went for Yen instead of Triss because Triss' whole "Not going to tell the amnesiac that he's actually in love with a different sorceress" thing is kind of gross.

I mean, wishing for someone to love you is also pretty gross but I didn't have a say in that.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

JetsGuy posted:

Somewhere in Velen, you find a town scared about someone called "little Red" or something that's gonna come and wreck their poo poo. They'll claim she's a warewolf. If you decide to help them, she tells you what really happened - one of the villagers sold them all out and told her gang who had the best poo poo to steal. He's been taking a cut for a while but got greedy and wanted more. When she said no, he ratted her out to the witch hunters. If you let her do as she wants, she keeps her promise and only takes the rear end in a top hat and presumably kills him. If you say "no", she turns into a warewolf and you have to kill her.

On her, you find a :smith: note on her from her mother pleading with her to never return and try to make a good life for herself. Her parents were also warewolves and the "family secret" was found out and they've been killed.

It's another case in this game where no option is great, but I probably chose the worse of the two now that I think about it.

The way I justified that is however much the snitch might have deserved it, the werewolf was still a bandit. She might take one man now, but she's going to go out robbing and murdering indiscriminately later.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Who all can you bring to the Battle of Kaer Morhen? I'm assuming the witchers plus Yen and Triss are mandatory. Past that I got Hjalmar (Cerys was queen), Ermion, Ves and Roche, Letho, Keira, and Zoltan. Dijkstra gave me gold and Crach gave me a sword.

Is that everybody or should I have side-quested more?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

The Sharmat posted:

It' almost everybody. Hjalmar can bring his buddy Forlan and Vigi the Loon with him if you saved them on his sidequest.

Still hoping against hope that Iorveth gets added and recruitable at some point. Him, Roche , and Letho being in the same room would be hilarious.

Yeah, I had those two also, just forgot about them. Thanks!

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

CVagts posted:

Replaying this game has made me realize that I'm the same way now. Even really good open-world games pale in comparison now.

Todd Howard awakens with a start, bathed in sweat.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Yennefer isn't hot-headed or crazy at all. She's probably one of the calmest, most collected characters who isn't named Geralt. She's just an abrasive rear end in a top hat because being an abrasive rear end in a top hat Gets poo poo Done and she doesn't particularly care about other people's opinions.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Yeah, it depends on how long each game takes but all the Witcher games happen in about a year tops.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
So on Death March at least, CDPR went with the DLC balancing strategy of "Make every enemy have a poo poo ton of health and they all kill you in three hits". That's kind of annoying!

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The similarity of Geralt and Ciri's appearance can be chalked down to fate. The two were intimately tied together before Ciri was even born, presumably so they could fulfill their end of Ithlinne's Prophecy and stop the White Frost.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

The Sharmat posted:

I think if you read the books closely you'll find that destiny isn't enough and that it requires something more :colbert:

Well yeah, Geralt is Father of the Year as well, but that's the initial tie that binds them.

Full disclosure: I haven't actually read all of the books and read some of them out of order.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I don't know if I could ever dump Yen. Pretty loving cruel of CDPR to put that choice immediately after Yen realizes she finally has someone she can truly love and open up to.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I think it's actually a weakness in the game that the Bloody Baron questline is so good because you go from the game's highest peak in storytelling to playing the world's longest game of grabass in Novigrad right after.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

In It For The Tank posted:

It's been a long time since I read the books but it looks like they won't be just doing Last Wish and Sword of Destiny. I recognized some stuff, like Blaviken (I think?), Brokilon, and scenes from the First Nilfgaard War, but a lot of it looked new.

They're probably going to be mix and matching everything they can. Hell, bits of it even looked like they were going into Yennefer's backstory pre-Last Wish which I don't believe is detailed beyond she was a hunchback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Gonna copy what I said in the TV IV thread

quote:

First episode appears to be mostly/entirely based on The Lesser Evil. Which is good because if you were going to pick it an entry point into The Witcher, it's the best one.

quote:

Cavill does seem super stiff. When he's giving his little "Evil is evil" speech to Stregobor, he turns like he can't bend his waist.

I also find it amusing that the show is trying to ride the line between being based on the books and existing because the games were popular. The Wild Hunt just got namedropped for no good reason.