Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I worked Norwegian Constitution Day yesterday and jesus christ it must have looked like I was carrying an extra baton. Everywhere I turned there were pretty blond 18-25 yearold students walking about pissed. I need to start working those public events again, I got lectured by some bitter fat old Sergeant because apparently having members of the public kiss me on the cheek all day is unbecoming behavior for a Police officer. I told him it was lucky I wasn't smearing them across a mattress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

JayKay posted:

Edit: Serious post, which state has the toughest accreditation?

Puerto Rico

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I was drinking with an ex-cop from Las Vegas last night. He was telling me that an unpaid £500 bar bill is a felony and you get 3-5 years for it. I think it's time you lot started wearing black uniforms with skulls on the collars.

Over here you get a formal police caution and maybe a small fine. If you are really unlucky you go to Magistrates (read: Joke) court and get a slap on the wrist.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Hezzy posted:

sprayed another guy today, that's me getting coal for christmas

PAVA or CS? I still haven't had a does of PAVA yet.

I still have something to send you....sorry

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I'll give her 4 ounces of pure Afghan brown, but it's only a deal if she mainlines the whole lot before the birth.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Yep, and shamefully it was in England. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsgXWPRbKQE

Wasn't in London though. We would have probably kettled them in that courtroom till they pissed themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSdWaQ7qdg0 Here is the full version if you'd like to really make yourself angry.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Breach of the peace usually doesn't result in any sort of punishment. Assault on Police is usually dealt with via a £100 ticket, so it's unlikely anyone will go to court or end up with a criminal conviction.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Assault on Police is only used for the least serious assaults, if they bruise you it will be actual bodily harm, if they cut you it will be grievous bodily harm etc and you may well get a harsher penalty if found guilty in court. But Assault on Police is a nothing offense, like drunk and incapable, unless you do it about a dozen times.

Most of the time assault on Police is limited to a shove or grabbing you to try and pull you away from someone.

Basically everyone that got arrested for invading that court will get away with more or less no consequences. I'm guessing if you hosed with a US court you'd get charged with some mental felony like 'Satanic molestation of a court of law.'

Reign Of Pain posted:

What happens if 1 of you beat the poo poo out of someone while in uniform just because they pissed you off? Do you guys just get a 100 europoundfrancmark fine too?

No, I will go to prison and have to spend my time with the child molesters because all of the other 'decent' criminals want to wear my skin as a smoking jacket.

This loving idiot is a perfect example http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-11152883

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I've started watching Southland, it's not a patch on the Wire and Benjamin Mckenzie needs to man up.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Branis posted:

he straight drops a guy episode one, how can you man up more than that?

Yeah, but he gets all bleary eyed about it and there is all this emotional bollocks going on that sours the program.

Also I watched Mad Max this weekend. It seemed to me that Max was the bad guy and it was a heartbreaking story of a man just trying to win his wife back after she was abducted by a gang of bull dike bikers and in the end the man loses his wife, his sons and his home.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
None of you can talk, American pizza is poo poo and "Crawdad" are just how Langoustine sounds if you have a serious soft palate deformity caused by your cousin also being your mother.

I will, however, concede that your BBQ is superior.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
If you think grits is better than Chicken Tikka masala then you can suck my dick.

Also your idea of a roast dinner is basically the tranny of Sunday Lunch food and your cheese shouldn't be classified as food.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Whip Slagcheek posted:

It's pretty cool that you think of Chicken Tikka Masala as a British dish.

Invented by the British army while we pushed the mudmen's poo poo in during the 18th century.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Just like a chicken Balti, should be called a Chicken Birmingham

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Crash investigation department

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Whip Slagcheek posted:

N4i, please stop this. This is insanity. GiP is being hurt by this.

Doesn't the stubble tickle N4i's guiche when you've got his cock in your mouth?

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
When does Police work not require a combat roll?

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I'm the lowest paid copgoon, I do it for free.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
You guys can run checks on people for 3rd parties? Thats a prison sentence over here. They are on that poo poo like a tubby girl on battenburg, apparently they even have some sort of program that checks you never run a search on any of your own social network contacts.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Similar to the look I get when I bring a bloke in for selling lighters in a public place. The charge is so old and rare it isn't even on the custody system.

Section 3 of the vagrancy act 1824, petty chapman or pedlar wandering abroad

Section 4 is also fun, it involves being an incorrigible rogue but I haven't been able to bust anyone for it yet.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Vahakyla posted:

What a lovely law.

What part of that is lovely?

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Equine Don posted:

Well it's too loving god damned long for one

More ropes to hang the miscreant with. Also leave less open to interpretation.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Looks like someone pushed the party button.

And more like BTP accidentally stumbled across the incident on their way to another S-graded call at a station 95 miles away

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I like to post about my extreme and mis-informed political views on youtube video comment sections and I get extremely angry and personally offensive if someone doesn't agree with me.

Careposting in here is on the same level.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Hezzy posted:

I used a gel pen the other day it was quite nice to write with

I stole a fistful of pens from your London Bridge nick and then emptied my guts in to your toilets. Even your toilet roll is softer than the Met's and all of the officers were walking about with smiles. It's all very foreign.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
That's basically my job, and because I only work about 3 days a week if it's super serious I get to palm most of the paperwork off on to a detective. Cost's me a loving fortune in Starbucks and blowjobs though.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I'm not that much of a shitbag and I get some decent postings because I get used as muscle who can do his own case papers BUT I loving hate dealing with RTC's and will happily act like my autistic brethren and make someone else do the paperwork for that. I cannot stand doing CARBS (if you have them) much prefer even a criminal domestic or a sudden death than drawing pathetic little cars on yellow paper.

What are the BTP specials like?

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Hezzy posted:

is this a protest? what a poo poo protest, loving bunch of wet lettuces

I'd like to say 'we can show them how it's done' but then I remember the LA riots and that almost everyone else in the world can kick off better than us. Just look at the French and their annual Paris car BBQ.

We've let ourselves slip. :britain:

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Davethulhu posted:

Just lead off with a soccerfootball match between *consults google* Chelsea and Cardiff City.

Even at it's worst in the UK it wasn't a patch on football violence in Argentina, Turkey or Egypt. Even in the Netherlands they were pipe bombing rival clubhouses.

Football violence, yet another invention we gave to the world that everyone else has adopted and improved on (only kidding, the Romans loved a bit of sport related fan-killing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nika_riots.)

Also Cardiff and Chelsea is bad, Southampton and Portsmouth is worse, Leeds and anyone is also pretty nasty but you've got to look north of the border to Glasgow for the most shirty grief in the UK. Rangers and Celtic loving hate each other and have been chibbing for decades.

I'm sure Chartley can articulate.

Bernard McFacknutah fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jul 3, 2015

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Why don't you guys use encrypted radios? I know you like making fun out of our beautiful brick radios but joe bloggs can't just buy a scanner off the internet and listen to my having radio sex / ordering my lunch on my handheld.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Branis posted:

Brass in the US like to jerk each other off about interoperability so agencies can help one another is the only reason I can think off.

My radio works with every force in the UK. I can (if I knew when he was on) change over to Hezzy's channel and stalk him and then move back to mine in seconds. I can MMS people, get tracked by GPS, make normal phone calls. Although sadly there is no camera yet so I still have to use my personal phone to sext superiors.

Cost is a fair point though, apparently something like 100 million a year is spent on our radio system.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Ya but 4chan will crash the voting and we'd end up bombing Paris or something.

I fail to see the problem with that.

I'd vote to bomb the French. As an Englishman, waging war with the Frogs and Krauts is in my blood.

Things have been too quiet over the channel. It's about time we picked another fight with Europe and had you guys pay for it again.

Chartley, I'm going to log on to the Glasgow East (or whatever division I can find) channel on the weekend to see if I can understand anything at all.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Branis posted:

don't try to white wash your dirty irish blood Bernard, we can smell the potatoes on you from here.

gently caress, you've got a good memory.

I hate having that dirty mick blood in me. I'll hate my father for it until the day he/I die.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Not much you can do in that situation other than twat a few people. Thing is I would have got backup in the Met within about 15 seconds so eeeeeveryone would have gotten nicked, probably for violent disorder as it fit the ticket. That poor bastard did the best he could with not a lot.

Hang on, that WAS the Met. Shameful. Where was TSG and why weren't they loving demolishing that crowd.

Bernard McFacknutah fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jul 6, 2015

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

chartley posted:

The cop seemed very restrained. Can only ever guess how I'd respond but can only guess there would have been more fend offs and, if the baton was drawn, some swinging of it to clear a space.

Then again, what was he risking his personal safety and also job through use of force protecting, a private event that appears to have failed to secure itself properly? Seems like their problem and more of a civil matter...

Problem is down here, a situation like that can very quickly escalate to the point where you have a riot inside the event. Apparently that's held in Finsbury Park so plenty of gang nominals about. Often when you see a nightclub or festival get rushed only half the people want in for a good time, the other half want to stick someone.

Personally I'd have probably popped the gas out and given everyone some good news. Less paperwork than a baton and the CS lingers in the air for a while so no one is going to approach the gate. Getting your stick out on your own when there is a crowd is pretty gutsy as you are just as likely to have it snatched and used on you. Anyone who says they would start kung fu fighting or cuffing people in a situation like that are stupid or lying.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Branis posted:

I think that style of crowd control went out of favor for the british during the boer war.

Au contraire https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Sunday_%281920%29

Those Micks got crowd controlled at rifle point, and then assisted out of the ground by the 1920's equivalent of an infantry fighting vehicle.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Vahakyla posted:

Honest answers: who here DOES NOT think that NWA's gently caress Tha Police is catchy?

It get's played in Police carriers over here frequently.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Involuntary makes it rape. Shep raped you with nachos.

I want to see a full form report on this incident, the usual details including Shep's MO. Does he use nacho cheese? Jalapenos? etc.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Picture of beanie's vette:

That thing should be the end game boss if you manage to run from police.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Lost my first prosecution yesterday. The defendant turned up alone, half an hour late in T shirt and trainers, contradicted himself a dozen times and somehow the magistrates took pity on him and let him off.

Now I understand why you Americans just shoot them before they get to custody.

• Locked thread