Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Bad Seafood posted:

Ghost Trick sucks at being a bad game.
True fact the development behind Ghost Trick is exactly the same as The Producers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Smoking Crow posted:

It's hosed up that only a few anime and manga fans care about the old shows
Especially because just by rule of How poo poo Works you're gonna end up finding more good stuff unless you are like literally looking through a catalog of all old anime.

Could also be because it's hard to discuss because sometimes people just have vague memories of what went down in that show years ago.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

littleorv posted:

I'm going to watch some Gintama now that I'm done with Madoka Magica
Did you finish Rebellion first young man?

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Bad Seafood posted:

I guess they didn't have the budget for a CGI dragon.
Nah the animals seem to depend on the person in question.

A CGI bat biting off Shiki's arm.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

LORD OF BUTT posted:

The Tsukihime manga was loving rad as hell
If they did a new anime that was just the manga I'd be satisfied.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Smoking Crow posted:

should i watch ideon, hyouka or sayonara zetubou sensei
That is one hell of a list to lay on us.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

he's more shark than man now
I still accept him for who he is, a good family man and loyal employee.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

T.G. Xarbala posted:

the philosophy debate in the ubw thread is still going
Don't talk about me behind my back!

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

How much more anime can anime possibly get
I dunno, let's find out!

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

PotU posted:

a cute girl was trying to convince me to watch some incest drama romance show or something

idk what else to say about that
Sounds like a keeper.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Well, yes I suppose if you wanted a show to tackle the serious question of 'should a guy in his 20's gently caress his teenaged sister' then Koi Kaze would be it.
I didn't know there was a show that went over the science behind incest, the long history of cultural taboos, the evolutionary biological reasoning behind the natural human disgust response to the event, the psychology behind age differences and their interactions with dating, and all the ethics behind it all. That might be interesting.

I suppose all of that manpower could have just been devoted to a big blocked out "NO" on the screen, though.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Meme Emulator posted:

Yea, Girl Friends is only six or so volumes long, you can blow through it in a night
This is truth, friend let me borrow her English copy for vacation. Read that and lots of Spice and Wolf on the beach. It was great!

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

I miss the time when Valvrave was the show that had the line "Call me Moses because I will part this sea of students."

That was a fun time.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

It's the penguin in the shirt that gets me every time.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

littleorv posted:

Welp I should probably try and grab a couple hours of sleep before it gets to early to even bother.

Goodnight(morning) chat thread.
Gotta prepare for the UBW episode coming today. Dick would be happy. :sigh:

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Endorph posted:

i havent watched shirobako
why?

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Namtab posted:

Not even I can watch everything immediately
I suppose I don't have much of a leg to stand on when I'm currently catching up on a massive backlog of Blood Blockade Battlefront. Note: Show's really good.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

The_Frag_Man posted:

There's nothing wrong with robomance.
Now liking Centaurs though, that's inexcusable.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

dotJPG posted:

Sheena, I've left you for Zuka, I'm sorry
Doing what Zuka does best, drinking alcohol and not voice acting.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

littleorv posted:

I'll watch Rebellion one day
Get the gently caress to it man.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Grisaia no Rakuen, today's episode was amazing.

I am sad that "directed my Micheal Bay" wasn't at the end though
So like, am I good on the new Grisaia if I played the VN but only watched half of the first anime?

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Endorph posted:

hosed up opinion: the tails/eggman stages aren't bad
Even more hosed up opinion, Knuckles and Rouge stages aren't bad.

Like I know that entire game is full of design flaws, but man I played that game so much as a kid (even doing versus battles in every mode with my sister hundreds of times) that I can't help but love every part of it.

Beef Waifu posted:

Oh yeah I did none of the chao poo poo. I am so uninterested in raising stuff that I just refuse to touch it.
Can we get a new mod now?

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Srice posted:

I'd be fine with those stages if they didn't make one dumb change.

In SA1 you would detect if you got close to any of the 3 emeralds, but for some stupid reason in SA2 it would only detect the first one, then the second, then the third. It's annoying!
Sounds like somebody failed at sensing it in his feet.

From experience though, the whole hunting game is a lot more fun (especially in versus mode) when you already have an idea for every emerald location and the entire game is narrowing down where they are. The hint system even helped that along with it being a double edged sword (also telling the other person where it is).

Basically, the game can get fun after it starts tedious if you ever play it again.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

krampster2 posted:

why is there a talking bear in sidonia? what's up with that? i just started the series
You're gonna learn very quickly that a core theme in Sidonia is transhumanism. Bearmom is an excellent example of a person who's better than a normal in every way, including being a bear.

Twiddy fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jun 8, 2015

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

I'm known as the dude who reads more Shoujo manga than a preteen girl, what the hell is with these recs that aren't including Bonnouji.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

I'll be damned, I usually associate seinen with poo poo that's much more exploitative. Never got a hang of these Japanese genre things. It's a goddamn romance story.

Twiddy fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jun 9, 2015

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Namtab posted:

Are you, tho?
Among people who know me and my anime habits IRL, I'll be damned if I actually have an online reputation.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Jostiband posted:

what if you've been reading seinen all along and you've never even read a single shoujo manga? makes u think....
My entire identity has been a lie this whole time.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Worst Girl posted:

Especially one-handed?
It works fine, I have plenty of experience with this.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

They're banning stuff for cultural reasons not because it's bad or has boobs or whatever.
Yeah but...

Davincie posted:

The only reason china bans shows is that they are more popular than their homegrown crap

Hadaka Apron posted:

How the gently caress was Kill La Kill not on that list?

Sucks to be China. At least the US produces quality TV like Game of Thrones that's more popular than KLK.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Endorph posted:

this post is insane
I found the sequence of posts funny.

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

They picked the one piece of popular U.S. media that's probably grosser than kill la kill lol
Yeah I know, I picked the one thing. Complete accident and I'm insane for somehow hitting a nail on the head.

Like I know there's that one law about how parody can get too close to the real thing to be imperceptible but man.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Davincie posted:

i didn't make that up guys, china bans live action shows constantly because they are too popular.
Haha looking up to see if Game of Thrones is just fine apparently they censored that and banned The Big Bang Theory.

I have no clue what's going on over there.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Endorph posted:

maybe china isn't so bad after all
To be clear because somehow you misconstrued my post before, I'm not saying that The Big Bang is good at all, but somehow these metrics based on popularity or cultural problems don't entirely fit and it looks like poo poo just ends up mad inconsistent.

Which sounds about right if you have a somewhat arbitrary banning process.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

You know I didn't actually take a real look at the list, did they seriously just ban Date a Live II and not the first one?

This list is so weird.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Davincie posted:

i like the shoujo archtype of the guy who looks like a player but actually just has a lot of sisters and thus understands girls really well, but mostly just finds them annoying
I can confirm that sisters are the worst.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't think it'll catch on.
It's a terrible idea.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Truga posted:

.. But there's like 1 epizode a month :v:
Is that seriously an actual fan-made abridged version of a show that's not a bad parody? That's incredible.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

owain was loving ftw so im glad hes back as a dark mage though
Owain works perfectly as a Dark Mage, but I'm gonna be sad if there's no Henry replacement.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

I haven't seen the program, I thought she was called Usagi
People can have multiple names and multiple ways they're referred to, boom boom boom-kun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Bad Seafood posted:

Mecha shows are just magical girl shows aimed at boys.
This makes so much sense.

• Locked thread