Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galler
Jan 28, 2008

I don't think I can unjoin a gang :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

If someone is bringing me food then they are getting getting $5 or 20‰ if that's more. More if the weather sucks or something. If I can't or don't want to give a good tip for delivery then I just go get the food myself.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Even in the Games PS4 thread, there are dorks writing the game off already.

Writing it off for being a Bethesda Fallout is probably fair though.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Tide posted:

Get a 30, pay it like a 15. The difference between interest rates is not enough to worry about. In case money gets tight one month, make the default payment. It simply allows for greater flexibility.

Thing is, you have to specify that the overage on the payment is going towards the principal.

This definitely depends on your situation. Going from a 30 year to a 15 year dropped my interest rate by 1% and only increased my monthly payment by about $200. Doing the 30 year but paying it like a 15 would result in paying an extra ~$10,000 over the life of the loan compared with doing an actual 15 year at a lower rate.

Also, condolences to anyone dealing with a scummy lending institution that doesn't automatically put extra towards the principle.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Arriviste posted:

Almost got me to buy New Vegas! I never finished Fallout 3, though, and I've been jonesin' for some FPS FFA action, so I ordered the Unreal pack from Steam. Been feeling under the weather and can't sleep ALL the time, so I've been tooling around in UT single player trying to get my settings and keybindings how I liked them. Amazing how after nearly 10 years of not playing, so much has come back to me. (old configs are on a nearly-bricked HD in storage.) About to go get owned in MP after this cigarette.

Before I ordered the Unreal pack, I tried out the UT 4 pre-alpha build for a few nights. It'll be amazeballs when it's finished, but it's a little too wonky on my machine right now.

New Vegas still has the mediocre combat of Fallout 3 but the writing is way better. It's on sale right now so probably worth picking up but like always replaying Fallout 2 is a much better way to scratch the Fallout itch.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

14 INCH SLIT posted:

This doesn't seem right does it?

I charge my S5 every other day at most so I would think that is very not normal. Reboot the phone at a minimum.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

ilkhan posted:

So that bri g the total up to about every jap vehicle manufactured in the last 10 years, right?

They haven't mentioned the Fit yet so maybe they used real airbags on it.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

I've got a free drop box account and have my computer and phone connected to it. My phone automatically uploads all pictures to drop box and my computer automatically syncs the drop box folder. So I take a picture and it ends up on my computer within a few seconds.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

jammyozzy posted:

I think I just upset a TVR driver by overtaking him on a roundabout in my tatty Peugeot, he spent the next quarter mile boxing me in behind a van.

Not my fault you're scared of the loud pedal buddy. :laugh:

Earlier this week I passed a (v6) Mustang on some curvy roads in my Fit and got honked at. Pretty sure it is no one's fault but your own if you get passed by a Fit.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

My thermostat was being dumb and I really wanted to replace it with a Nest but I have a pretty regular schedule and my electricity is 7.5c/kwh and about to lock into 4.5c/kwh for the next year so it just didn't make sense to get anything but a basic Honeywell programmable. Might still get one at some point but I have a long list of toys that I need before then.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Safety Dance posted:

I just posted my motorcycle for sale, and I'm none too pleased about it.

god dammit

I need to get around to doing this too. There are only about 4 months out of the year where riding my bike is enjoyable and I do not really have time to ride it anyway. It takes more time to put on and take off all my gear than riding to or from work and the parking deck sensors can't see motorcycles anyway. Also motorcycles are for big dumb retards, but I still really like my bike so gently caress.

Galler fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jun 21, 2015

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

T1g4h posted:

Holy gently caress that reboot of Battlebots is turning out to be rad. They seem to have loosened up the rules a bit, there's dudes running gas powered horizontal spinners and even multibots sporting flamethrowers. Fuckin' a.

Did you see the stuff on Tested about Battlebots?

Podcast with Adam Savage
Meet the new Battlebots Pt1
Meet the new Battlebots Pt2
Meet the new Battlebots Pt3

Galler fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jun 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Phone posted:

rogue is poo poo

also apparently the owners are massive shitheads, too