Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

CrashScreen posted:

Wouldn't Josefumi be considered spoilers? Not that the games ever really cared about that anyway.

Only insofar as people would know "This guy doesnt know who he is, and by the time the story wraps up he knows his name is Josefumi"

I mean, its not really a meaningful spoiler and people who are late to the game are always going to be at a disadvantage story wise. Knowing that this Josuke storyline is resolved and the amnesiac character recovers his memories at some point shouldn't be a shocking revelation. Josefumi was not a known character before his reveal in the comic so its not like theres any danger in his name being well known.

IMO its as much of a spoiler as knowing that Jolyne exists. Yea, it tells you that Jotaro has a child and from that you can infer he must at least survive the trip to Egypt (since Jolyne is already born during DIU it doesnt really tell you anything about his survival there)

Meme Emulator fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The first page of the latest chapter is essentially him accepting that he is Josuke, he's been named Josuke since super early and he's called Josuke in all the merch and advertising. There's absolutely 0% chance they'll move on from it.

Also, Josuke deciding that he is Josefumi would be a real kick in the nuts considering Josefumi willingly gave his life so that Kira would live on.

Yeah I know, but calling the man Josefumi Kujo would just be easier on us, the readers. I wasn't trying to suggest it would make sense in the context of the story :P

quote:

Josefumi's existence and identity is a huge spoiler above and beyond that of Jolyne being Jotaro's kid or whatever. Josuke's identity and who he is is one of the core storylines and anything that gives that away is a huge spoiler.

While I agree, I was thinking about this in general. Like, imagine Jojo in 2024 when Part 9 is almost done. Anyone new to the series then will just know that its about a guy who doesnt know who he is, and possibly that hes really two people, just like everyone who is familiar with jojo knows SBR is about a horse race, even if they havent read it. Who Josefumi Is is a big spoiler, but Josefumi Existing is just part of the setting.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Moltrey posted:

He does kill Hayato by the end of that scene, so they're not wrong to be real uncomfortable about it

I reread that scene pretty recently and was shocked when Hayato got killed, I totally remembered it as Kira was just freaking out in the mirror to his dad after failing to intimidate Hayato

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

chaos rhames posted:

How do I perfectly replicate this image for my tinder profile

Look in a mirror.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Neato posted:

I've been between watching the anime as it airs and lurking this thread, and finally ended up reading the manga, and i'm hooked. Im at the alien guy chapter right now, and its probably the weirdest thing i've seen so far in part 4. i also liked how Araki felt it was necessary to have Rohan and the kid inexplicably flying through the air to make rock paper scissors more exciting.

Highway Star is the arc right after and I think its my favorite in all of Jojo. Youre in for a treat.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Kurtofan posted:

Tomorrow won't include the start of sheer heart attack, it'd make no sense, there needs to be some time between the episodes.

It absolutely will include the start of Sheer Heart Attack because thats probably the reason Cindarella got moved.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Moltrey posted:

keep his arm in his pocket real casual like.

Well, thats what Hazamada told Surface to do after its hand got cut off.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Moltrey posted:

The Boner speech is in the very, very end of the manga, when Kira plants Bites The Dust on the nurse and confesses everything to her to try and escape, right before the ambulance backs over him

Would this even work? When hes setting up Bites The Dust everyone already knows his secret. Would it activate in that case?

e: Well Duh, BTD will activate whenever anyone finds out about him, not just Josuke and co. And its not like he specifically needs to kill Jotaro with it. I guess the nurse will tell a cop, the cop would immediately die and time would reset. I wonder if, this being a new loop, only the cop would be fated to die now and Rohan would be off the hook in the new loop?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Also wired looks a lot more like Beach Boy

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Waffleman_ posted:

I think one of the bio pages said her mother was an Italian-American.

That would explain why she uses "Naples Style" when showing all the worlds fingers for gently caress Off

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Could Kira turn the entire Earth into a bomb

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Kurtofan posted:

dat upper legs

Theyre called Thighs

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Johnny Joestar posted:

if a vampire's head can hijack a body then i have a feeling that it's gonna end up being at least partway dio's whole scene down there as well

What? How? Are you suggesting his pubes have donuts just like Giornos hair

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Narancha? I had to look this up, I guess I have no idea how to pronounce italian. I know in italian Giogio sounds much closer to Jojo than youd expect

https://www.howtopronounce.com/italian/narancia/

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Butt Ox posted:

Wait, how did you think it sounded? Gee-oh gee-oh?

Pretty much. Click on the "English (USA)" vocalization for how I was saying Narancia

http://www.pronouncekiwi.com/Narancia%20Ghirga

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Funky Valentine posted:

Araki was probably banking on people also pronouncing it Gee-oh as a nod to Dio.

Giorno's name is actually pretty loving brilliant.

Nah, according to the wiki its written with regular old Jo's (ジョルノ・ジョバァーナ Joruno Jobāna?)

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Hmm, I went down a Italian pronunciation rabbithole and found out that because the Italian pronunciation of Gyro would sound like thier word for Dormouse, the Italian editors changed his name to J.Lo, sneaking in another music ref. Anyone know if this is true, or just bullshit I found on the internet.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Theres about 4 Jojos Bizzare RPGs on /r/StardustCrusaders. Heres one I plucked out of google at random: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ReSnZDUvIhpCG0X_8S5C-7P5vBRUb0P08gedAvs0oMc/edit

Might be a cool starting point for making your own system

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Johnny Joestar posted:

or, you know, someone shouldn't try to strip a lady who may or may not be their mom and yell about how he should get a chance to suck on her titty

Yea, but Joshuu is a fictional character who is not harming anyone with his actions. The objects he is directing his sexual assaults towards (Caato and Yashuo) are not real people, but people shaped objects that Hirohiko Araki created out of whole cloth for the purposes of telling a story.

All over the internet theres been a weird increase in people "yelling at the movie theater screen" so to speak every time a character does something objectionable. Do you honestly think that people joining in the other side of this argument think that the actions Joshuu are taking would be acceptable? Thats an incredibly condescending attitude. The baseline for discussion in fandoms has degenerated to the point where everyone feels the need to state whether or not the characters are acting in a way that conforms with thier own ethical frame work before moving on to talking about anything. Remember when Hazamada got read by Rohan, and Rohan mentioned his attempted rape? Thank god everyone in the anime thread mentioned that rape was bad, otherwise I wouldn't have known! Everyone who makes those sorts of posts treats everyone around them like an infant who does not understand the basics between right and wrong, and that just gets a little bit annoying.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

BaDandy posted:

I don't think anyone here is saying "I DON'T LIKE JOSHUU BECAUSE HE'S BEING ~~PROBLEMATIC~~", they're just having an emotional reaction to him, like they should be, whether it's disgust or finding it so ridiculous that it loops around into being funny. Joshuu having these bouts of ridiculous behavior is definitely a spoiled, middle child acting out, but he's clearly supposed to get a reaction from the audience with his disgusting behavior, considering that's why Araki usually has his characters do things like that.

Please don't call one group of people "condescending" while also pulling the "it's not REAL, chill out guys" card. Like, everyone here knows that, don't be that guy. Come on, man.

The line I was responding to was "or, you know, someone shouldn't try to strip a lady who may or may not be their mom and yell about how he should get a chance to suck on her titty". What response can you even give to a statement like that other than "no fuckin' duh"? Yes, pointing out something that everyone already knows is condescending. So my response was condescending in return :P

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Johnny Joestar posted:

i mean, it was kind of in response to some sort of odd psychoanalysis about how joshuu was apparently doing something perfectly natural given the situation, so i feel this conversation is going in circles

also i have no idea if joshuu's name is supposed to have 2 u's or if that's weird translator poo poo, but out of all the names it seems the most fitting to have the extra u there. i dunno if i'm alone on that

Im pretty sure the translators are just transliterating all the long vowels (Toukyou) instead of using diacritical marks (Tōkyō) or just ignoring them completely (Tokyo). But everyone in the Higashikata family seems to stre~~~tch out thier words when they talk too. Ive got no idea if its just rigid transliteration or an attempt to capture the way that they talk.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

alcharagia posted:

Part 6 has some of the craziest poo poo in all of Jojo

I think the Rods stand makes me like Stone Ocean a little bit less every time I think about it.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

If your significant other won't dress as your favourite stand EVERYTIME you have sex with them, they're no good for you.

Aw Yea, threes nothin' like a girl all Dark Blue Moon'ed up and beggin for it.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Begemot posted:

That's my favorite fight in part 6 If only because it's the most "Araki read a magazine article" ever. Well, either that or Heavy Weather for being so insane.

My favorite is defiantly Going Underground just because of that page where Jolynes yelling at Emporio about how shes stuck in a fighter jet about to crash into the plane Hermes is riding, and asking him for help, and hes just standing int he middle of the street with no tools or anything useful going "Uhh...."

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

oh gently caress i just realized the subs are going to say "Boy ManMan" or something like that, haha

BoyManMan makes me laugh, like Worse Company

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

that or they're just going to reset the OP back to the start and then segue into the episode or just not bother with it at all

Maybe itll reset the OP all the way back to Sono Chi no Sadame and Josuke and Kira will take the place of Jonathan and Dio

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Huh, I was looking up the Jojo refs I didnt know and "King Nothing" is actually an extremely recognizable song Ive heard 100+ times. All this time I thought the lyrics went "With your crown came nothing"

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Can we have some respect and call the man President Valentine

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Stop calling him Funny! You people are ridiculous!

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Moltrey posted:

If it's worth saying twice, it's worth saying a third time.

Johnny watching as Diego gulps down rocks and then fumbles around the room trying to find a cup of a coffee but he can't cause its not moving as Diego tries to play it all off as normal behavior and that he's totally not turning into a dinosaur is the funniest thing in JoJo.

"Yeah of course I'm eating rocks Johnny you idiot, it helps with my digestion. Now where's that cup? Ah right here *crashes into the counter* Ahaha nope that wasn't it"

The funniest part is when Johnny asks Diego if hes blind and he snatches a fly out of the air with the smuggest face imaginable and THEN he crashes into the counter

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Improbable Lobster posted:

It was either that or carry around a tongue in their pocket for the rest of their lives

This always felt like a crazy weakness of Kiss that never got touched on

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Dexie posted:

I just finished volume 16 of Steel Ball Run.

Yeeeah. I can see why people say some of the stuff with Lucy is creepy as gently caress.

They just wanted to make her as Docile as a Winter Catfish

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Yo-Yo Ma vs Gabbo

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

King Superman posted:

While Rohan getting himself blown up sounds like something that ought to be hilarious, I remember actually being pretty bummed out by it, since it's immediately followed by a horrified Reimi watching the ghost of the kid she used to babysit pass on in extreme agony.

I thought it was funny because Kira was standing there with Hayato taunging Rohan, saying "Oh look, what do you think hes thinking? 'I cant draw manga anymooore'".

Its funny because thats probably exactly what Rohan was thinking.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Xad posted:

In case anyone else isn't sure how hilarious the Disney songs are because they don't understand Japanese all that well, or just don't immediately recognize the songs--the songs they're parodying are:

Hero Side
1: Just Can't Wait to be King from Lion King
2: You've Got a Friend in Me from Toy Story
3: Friend Like Me from Aladdin
4: Hakuna Matata from Lion King
5: Go The Distance from Hercules
6: When Will My Life Begin from Tangled
7: Zip-a-dee-doo-dah from Song of the South
Last: That's How You Know from Enchanted

Villain Side
1: Gaston from Beauty and the Beast
2: Oogie Boogie's Song from Nightmare Before Christmas
3: Prince Ali from Aladdin
4: Poor Unfortunate Souls from Little Mermaid
5a: Be Prepared from Lion King
5b: The Mob Song from Beauty and the Beast
6: Hellfire from Hunchback of Notre Dame
7: This Is Halloween from Nightmare Before Christmas :lol:
Last: It's Our House Now from House of Mouse

Aaand I just realized there's a credits sequence where they list the songs :eng99: so much for my effortpost.

Im just getting around to watching this but its great how on point Dio and DIOs song choice was. The two most braggardly Disney songs

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

BaDandy posted:

Speaking of, who here called that Jobin was gonna be a main villain, or at least one of them, because I get a feeling that this might be the case OR that Cato is the main antag and Jobin's being a Good Son.

I think its gonna be the latter. We never even saw Speed King and its power was only hinted at and never revealed so it could be something with broader applications. Also Speed King just doesnt sound like the name of a final boss stand, its not bombastic enough. Maybe Caato is Ace of Spades

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Is Jolyne a natural born American citizen or was she born in Japan? I dont think its ever mentioned.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I love you Yashuo

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

When Gappy sings her the fries song and she calls it beautiful and it makes her tear up, it makes my heart ache.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I really like Kraftwerk and I want to see that shot of the user walking along the frozen bullets in midair animated