Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

littleorv posted:

But what if that person has depression and hates themself?

look at these guys spoiling part 6 already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Torquemadras posted:

Or they keep it, just to gently caress with anime viewers as well.

It'd hardly be the first time, what with the whole Erina-in-the-coffin thing. They could easily have retconned that for less conflict (without the whole floating-with-Dio-in-the-false-bottom-for-a-week "explanation"), but they left it as written in the manga.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

If they end on the finger twitch, I could see it kicking in as Dio freezes time, then showing the finger right as the final freeze frame.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Koyasu is having the time of his loving life. :allears:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Also, I'm in love with the time stop effect. Warping the fabric of reality as DIO and The World radiate a loving rainbow (in the dark :haw:) aura? Hell loving yes!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Yeah, while Jotaro is doing the heart stop thing.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Stabs Dio in the head right before he almost offs Jotaro with a stop sign.

It's pretty funny that Joseph and Kakyoin were trying to avoid a fight and ended up neck deep in one while Polnareff wanted to fight Dio and ended up doing the least in said fight.

To be fair, Joseph was specifically Dio's target, which means he was pretty hosed from the start. And it's not Polnareff's fault he can't fly.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I love that in next week's preview, he almost pronounces it "Toki yo tomaWRYYYYYYYY"

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Aurain posted:

Part 4 is the best because Araki decides to bring out the "HOLY poo poo THEY'RE FLYING" serious business out again for rock paper scissors.
Part 4 is the best because Josuke punches some spaghetti because it's suspicious.
Part 4 is the best because Josuke finds an alien and his first thought is "hahaha let's gently caress with Rohan".
Part 4 is the best because Okuyasu. Also, Kira.

Part 4 also has amazing looking Stands.
Part 4 is the best.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Aurain posted:

Yeah, I posted that while thinking about how much of a bastard Joseph is.
The volume releases did make an effort to point that out, which makes it all the more fun.

actually i think you will find it's josuke who is the bastard

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Moltrey posted:

Josuke in ASB was the manliest sounding fifteen year old.

I dunno, Dio already sounded pretty suave at, what, 12? when we saw him in episode 1.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

What is SRB? Am I going crazy?

something something cape canaveral something something space shuttle

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Animechat, is it weird I'm almost as hyped for whatever Part 4 teaser they put as I am for the actual finale this week?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Yeah but now we're caught up to the era of "modern" pop music so it makes a bit more sense to use era-specific music.

Personally I'm still holding out hope for All Star for part 4's credits music.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Best Girl posted:

I feel like the fight's just started now. This first half was learning what DIO can do, and how Jotaro might be able to counteract him. Now that DIO has Joseph's blood, he's probably going to go berserk, and all but steamroll Jotaro. I'm getting pumped.

:captainpop:

E: Yes, i saw you post in this thread too.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

And Vanilla Ice's Stand did end up creaming Avdol.

:drat:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Yeah, it's about on the same level as those old jokes about Dio being a citizen of the world, etc.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

People are talking about a part 4 "teaser" in today's episode, what are they talking about? I didn't catch anything, unless they meant the picture (which has been around since the beginning of egypt sooo).

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Moltrey posted:

Somewhere between the fight with Vanilla Ice and beginning of DIO, the Stand Bow and Arrow are hanging on the wall in the mansion.

Oh ok, I did catch that one.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Joseph trolling Jotaro was everything I could have hoped for animated.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Ultimately 2/5/9 seconds is just different durations of manga/anime time anyway, has no relation to what you could actually accomplish in that amount of moving time regardless.

Rule of cool, etc etc.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Well it is a work of fiction, something fun taking place in Florida shouldn't be ruled out like it is in real life.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

MonsieurChoc posted:

Heeeeeeeh. It should be this.

The gently caress is this "radio edit" poo poo

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

dub sounds good, hype remains got

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Rodyle posted:

So that was pretty rad, can I read Vento Aureo or is it afflicted with whatever weird scan disease Jojo has always seemed to suffer from?

I haven't read it yet but the consensus seems to be: good grammar but a poor translation that loses all the actual characterization and just makes poo poo up wholesale at certain points.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Telltolin posted:

i been rereading stone ocean and it really seems like the gore and body horror got cranked up to max in it, i don't recall VA, SBR or JJL so far having nearly as many people getting torn the gently caress up like this, I wonder what the deal is

I haven't read those exact three parts (well, the very first part of SBR) you mentioned, but of the rest Stone Ocean is easily the most brutal of all of them imo.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

It's a riddle. You break the match in half, use the two pieces to form the X. Kind of a think outside the box deal.

Very Jojo.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

setafd posted:

I'm looking forward to rereading Part 5 when the full translation is out and maybe more of it will make sense

It's the last pre-SBR stuff I havent seen yet.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

um,

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Man, I will never get over how different Okuyasu looks when he's first introduced.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Same for Rohan and The Lock and Superfly and Highway star and the Wooden puppet fucker.

It's almost as if it was thing that was going on with the art for the part.

Yeah but okuyasu was basically just drawn stardust crusaders style at first,same as josuke at the time. Those two mostly shifted with the total art style of the comic, rather than standing out like the others.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I kinda want Araki to have DIO rate every Stand from now on instead of a Stand stat page.

It's a scale with only two points: MUDA MUDA MUDA and WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

ascalapha odorata posted:

Yay! I like that they changed the Stand card font, it's much cleaner to me now. Though I noticed two typos on the stand card page for grateful dead that I'm terrified to point out to them because they already yanked it down to fix stuff :S

Four is coming along at a good clip which is nice because it means Okuyasu can WRECK IT

okuyasu doesn't stop keep being the best, ever

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga): what the almighty gently caress just happened

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

RC Cola posted:

Please explain why this is so exciting? Was there not a part 4 already?

the answer is always anime

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Baal posted:

Everyone please excited for Josuke and Okuyasu's Excellent Adventure

yes

you're welcome

i edit out quoted spelling errors. because i'm a true bro. like brokuyasu.

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Oct 24, 2015

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

A Steampunk Gent posted:

WRRRYYYY-snail really makes it

smh that you missed the opportunity for gaWRYYYYYYYY

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

After starting to read Diamond is Unbreakable during the Stardust Crusaders break I finally caught up with this wacky manga. We're not gonna really find out who "Josuke" 's other half really is until near the end, aren't we?

Tonio & Pearl Jam are still way up there for wanting to see animated, he's just the coolest guy.

punching spaghetti being animated will be the fulfillment of a lifelong dream

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

there's a dude basically liveblogging his anime experience in the other thread

watching someone discover jojo for the first time is always magical

alcharagia posted:

wait, oh poo poo, the dad is george joestar, they're both jojos

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

chaos rhames posted:

Stardust Crusaders is going to give you a heart attack.

you made this post

you made this post and you didnt even do the thing

how could you miss an opportunity to say sheer heart attack