Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yashichi
Oct 22, 2010
I feel like France shouldn't ally the Ottomans in 1447

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yashichi
Oct 22, 2010
You don't want to drop Admin idea group because it reduces coring time, while admin efficiency does not

Yashichi
Oct 22, 2010
Protectorates count too, but the institutions mechanic makes them really unreliable since you will lose protectorates once they embrace enough institutions

Yashichi
Oct 22, 2010

Mechanical Ape posted:

I'm 25 years into a Kilwa run, my first African effort, and it's been fun so far. The challenge of sub-Saharan Africa combined with the advantage of being a strong local power (e.g. all that delicious trade) offers a lot of goals to work toward and the hope that I can actually achieve them. Even upgrading to Feudalism and a proper monarchy will feel like an achievement.

At the very least, I get to stare at a part of the map other than Europe.

One of the tribal governments has 15% coring cost reduction so you should keep that forever instead of reforming

Yashichi
Oct 22, 2010

Chin Strap posted:

Anyone? I at least figured out why it is 0 OE contribution, because of admin efficiency.

It gives you 0 OE because it was uncolonized at the start of the game. There isn't really a good reason to core it unless you want to make it into a state.

Yashichi
Oct 22, 2010
It doesn't actually, since it will likely be additive so you get +200% -25% for a total of +175% maintenance

Yashichi
Oct 22, 2010
There should be a breaching discount for level 8 forts. Sieges are fine at every other point in the game but level 8 forts are ridiculous.

Yashichi
Oct 22, 2010
Even if it's historically accurate it doesn't exactly make for compelling gameplay

Yashichi
Oct 22, 2010
Hinduism is pretty good, you trade in the piety slider for your choice of bonuses, including core cost reduction. The real loss is that you can't become Defender of the Faith.

e: I guess Delhi doesn't have its own idea set so converting sets your ideas to the lovely generic ones. Unless you form Mughals this is a bad idea.

Yashichi
Oct 22, 2010
I'm pretty sure rebels inherit your morale but not your other bonuses.

Yashichi
Oct 22, 2010

thatdarnedbob posted:

I reduced the Ottomans to just Sudan, Yemen and Prussia

I really hope you meant Persia

Yashichi
Oct 22, 2010
Playing one province nations for the entire game is insanely boring. You can participate in early wars, but eventually blobs coalesce around you and you either lose or ally them and sit at speed 5 watching them. I made it to the 1700s as 3pm Brandenburg a few patches back, but even with the bonuses they get the ten dudes you can field just can't accomplish much.

There was also a strategy for the Hormuz achievement where you would spend tons of points developing your island so that you could field enough galleys to keep anyone from killing you. This was even less exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yashichi
Oct 22, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

It's a loving 80% chance, it has to proc at some point, but nope three years later and my good old boys are still trying to siege down the Faroe Islands.

This is still in the game, the AI loves to build high level forts on Fiji and Christmas Island

• Locked thread