Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Last Emperor posted:

Nope.

Sammut/Trujillo has been working on Multiplayer Europa Gooniversalis right up until the last patch, it's pretty much how we always played our big MP games.

It's obviously not updated to work with Common Sense yet but Dibujante and I will be taking over its development now and basically rebuilding it from the ground up.

Heroes and inspirations to us all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Boy, it's great that I'm not able to launch the game after I bought the DLC. I had really believed Paradox was past their gamebreaking bugs phase, too.

And yes, unable to launch a game is, uh, gamebreaking.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Zurai posted:

Delete your mods folder and unsubscribe any mods which havn't been updated post-1.12 patch. That'll get you able to play again, at least.

Thanks, man.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Another bug Arumba discovered if the Paradox devs are still reading this thread: You can reorganize an army when they enter a province without stopping and they won't suffer siege attrition.

EDIT: nvm, he messaged you :v:

Beamed fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jun 11, 2015

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

So in my customised Cuzco game I never saw any "doom" mechanic. I just built up religious authority and passed reformed which triggered some nasty uprisings but other than that no special mechanics. Was this working or did playing as a custom gently caress up some stuff?

Cuzco are not Mesoamerican and are not Nahuatl.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

It should be fine. The game actually launches with mods now :v:

I'm sure there's still a handful of bugs or weird ZoC issues, but nothing outstanding, as you say.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

I once found 3 of the cities as Castille, so there is no limit like that.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Antwan3K posted:

imo the more logical way to do it would have been to remove base tax entirely, and turn admin into production, diplo maybe something like port capacity and have the total including manpower be called base tax. Though of course that would have made diplo as useless as before for a Bohemia or the swiss

This would be ridiculously bad.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

There's a coffee cheevo?

Yeah, Egypt has been formable since like, the first post-release EU4 patch. That's probably an exaggeration :v:

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Sure, but mothballing would be so much worse, as you'd need to pay the manpower and reinforce cost of, uh, reinforcing.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

PleasingFungus posted:

The unit rebalance was in Art of War, about nine months ago. The removal of monarch point penalties was Res Publica, the patch before.

It all feels like yesterday to me, but I've been playing since HTTT. So many hours sunk into these silly games...

Uh excuse me, some of us have been here since EU2 :colbert:

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Man, the zone of control either has tons of undocumented exceptions, is buggy, or knowing Paradox, probably both. I was playing as Brandenburg and besiging an unfortified province, surrounded by 3 forts I captured from Poland, and Poland just walked past the forts - literally, they were a ring around the province, and Poland just ignored them to attack my army.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Trabisnikof posted:

Forts you've occupied from the enemy don't give a zoc iirc

Well, that'd explain it. Where can I see that in-game?

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

If you peace out with a country and it tag-switches, it can be called in again. :smith:

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Is the HRE supposed to lose Imperial Authority if there are heretics in the empire after Westphalia?

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Wiz posted:

Yes. Westphalia is not supposed to good for the Emperor.

It makes sense to encourage the Emperor to get a religious victory, I was just curious if it were a bug or not.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Kersch posted:

Cool idea: Max points custom nation with all of the best ideas, but limit yourself to only 1 console command per year

huh? Why would you use a console command at all?

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

What? What did they change it to? Bastards!

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

My Tabarestan run just had my vassal Persia go from 38% to 100% liberty desire, because apparently disabling scutage raises liberty desire. :v: This is frustrating.

EDIT: Luckily they declared independence, I won, and they're back to normal.

Beamed fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jul 27, 2015

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

RabidWeasel posted:

I was playing an Afghanistan game (released as a Timurid vassal) and I released a 2PM Persia and forced them to convert, planning on feeding them their cores back later. Unfortunately the Timurids decided to up the ante on incompetence and lost 2/3 of Persia to revolts in spite of having only ever fought a single war on their own territory since 1444. They managed to get their entire army killed in distant wars with Muscovy and hordes and from fighting rebels. So Persia has like +150% liberty desire between the conversion and revolts :v:

This apparently decays - very slowly - over time, so you could wait, but IMO you're better off forcing a revolt and enjoying the low Liberty Desire for a bit; I had to take Influence to actually diploannex them within less than a century :v:

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Contingency Plan posted:

Does anyone have a suggestion what to call my Ottoman eastern america colonial nation?

Wiz was playing an MP game where every colonial nation, being Muslim, was masterly named. See: Khalifornia.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Anyone remember if 1.12 to 1.13 saves are compatible? Feel like trying for This is Persia! from my old Tabarestan-Persia game, but not sure if it's worth dealing with CtDs every other month.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Does anyone know if the CK2 DLC that transfers saves still works? I heard it was half-broken with Common Sense, which would be a shame.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

So is the permanent regency council bug just another hardware configuration Paradox couldn't possibly be expected to support? :v:

Real talk how is the Estates system functioning? That is probably the feature I'm most excited about.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Koramei posted:

He posted a snippet of code here like a year ago that indicated that, and then made sure everyone knew it was a joke like 3 posts later.

Said snippet also specified that if the username was "Beamed" it was even more likely. :smith:

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

Isn't that how base EU2 worked too?

It's so weird to hear people talking about EU2's core mechanics as if they're this odd and experimental idea. I'm an old now. :(

Yes, this is how EU1 and EU2 worked - the idea is that it's more realistic(because, well, it is) to actually raise and send reinforcements to your armies to reinforce. However the micromanagement just made it the worst thing in the world. I don't think EU3 always had reinforcement costing money (I didn't have a computer strong enough to run it til halfway through NA's cycle before IN) but one of the things people always wanted to return is "traceable" and "costly" reinforcements.

EU4 is a relatively happy medium, but I'll always miss being able to intercept reinforcements like an rear end in a top hat.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

It would be really nice if the Improved Relations modifier actually did something useful, like increase the cap on improving relations.

Also that increased coring costs for trading in spices better be a bad joke.

It's probably a bug; Paradox flips their negative and positive modifiers every so often.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Koramei posted:

Honestly I hope they just revert it. 1.18 forts were in a pretty okay spot. Making it so you can't pass between two adjacent forts as an attacker would be nice but even that I can live without.

If it weren't for the issue whjere the AI would seemingly just ignore it in the HRE, yeah.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Playing as Lucca and christ, it's been 16 years and I haven't been able to do anything but see my numbers go up fast. Relatively quick since the Renaissance started here :v:, but does anyone know how I can actually start expanding without opportunities presenting themselves? I'm not exactly powerful.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Pellisworth posted:

it's gonna be pretty boring until 1490 or so when Italy leaves the HRE

Lucca is not a beginner-friendly start

I've got over 1000 hours clocked in on EU4, and I don't want to think about how many in EU3 or EU2. Being a bigger isn't among my problems, I just feel Lucca is prime "really boring start" material, and I know a recent poster had great success forming Italy with Lucca (and conquering India).

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Eej posted:

If everyone is tightly allied to one another at the start of the game then you gotta take your standard OPM strategy of restart until things look better for you.
Ugh, this is what I was hoping to avoid - Florence and Ferrara had both made bff's with Genoa and Austria by the time I had my claims. But thanks! Maybe I'll see what happens by 1500 before starting over.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

The AI still cheats with forts. I tried to follow an AI allied army, but since I can't legally follow their path, we got separated. :smith:

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Elman posted:

Venetian Sea is a bad achievement.

How do you get the Trade Power you need in Constantinople without conquest?

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

I thought you were limited to 10, though, not 21. Do overseas not count?

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Tsyni posted:

You can conquer 1000, you just need to get down to 10 to have the achievement fire.

Sure, I guess it's just hard to imagine getting that trade power after cutting yourself down to 10 provinces. I guess it's possible (probable) you can have a tick between losing provinces and already having that trade power, though

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Azhais posted:

So as someone just starting this, is there a good first nation to play to get a feel for things?

The Ottoman Empire or Castille are good first choices. Portugal is a very laid back game if you want to explore the colonial/trade portions of the game more.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

RabidWeasel posted:

His country imploded because he was redicuously stubborn (though technically his side won the war and probably would not have done if he had peaced out at a sane time)

Not Jake's, it was the guy who he was invading IIRC.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

SlothfulCobra posted:

Didn't EU3 screw up China with a DLC as well?

Divine Wind had a similar reception here on SA, and followed the trend of "Paradox doesn't know how to make Asia fun".

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Where are the current fort rules documented? For ages now I've been trying to make sense of them, but the only consistent rule I've seen is "The AI can attack your provinces, you can't move past their forts". Paradox has them somewhere right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

I feel like my sarcasm was laid on a little too thick. Forts are just another feature that sounded great in premise but just lead to frustration on the part of the player.

• Locked thread