Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013
For those that are saying things are too expensive, is it a problem of not having enough points available, or getting an awful ruler? I'm thinking the point randomness from ruler ability should be scraped, or the variance decreased, it doesn't really add much besides raging at the computer.

James The 1st fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jun 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013
Anyone have any tips for what a first idea group should be? I always end up getting totally paralyzed when I have to pick my first group when I'm not a colonizing nation.

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013
Thanks for the tips on ideas guys.

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013
I didn't realize how careful you need to be when playing a German nation. All your neighbors are just waiting for you to get in a drawn out war to kick you when down.

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013

VDay posted:

I just started a 1.13 game up and noticed that the government type change events are gone. RIP Russian Orthodox Theocracy :(

Did they get taken out already or did I just manage to do something that prevents me from ever switching now? I haven't turned into Russia yet, but I do have a bunch of provinces/development.
I think you need to finish Religious and Diplomatic ideas which than gives you a decision?

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013
I'm really loving Common Sense. The fort changes are so good. I can't believe how improved EU4 is now from release.

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013
Does the colonial nation AI seem really weak to anyone else? For example, every time my Colonial Mexico with a 30k stack does a terrible job fighting one of the Mexican minors and ends up only taking one province.

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013
Does this mean the bug with the Dutch development cost is still there?

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013

Baronjutter posted:

Man Spain really likes getting southern Italy.
They did have it in the 1500s

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013
What is the meaning of
this SAM acronym?

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013
Holy cow, you can get so stinking wealthy from dominating the Asia and Africa trade routes. I'm getting so much money that I I can just build manufactures everywhere!

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013

Sistergodiva posted:

How possible is it to run Eu4 on a laptop without a standalone gpu? Would a hd 5500 be able to run it at 1080P?
That will run the game fine.
I just built a new PC with an SSD and holy cow the game saves quickly now! Get an SSD if you can afford it.

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013

Average Bear posted:

I keep posting about how bad the expansion is because it sounds like half a dozen half baked ideas released with a $20 price tag. New diplomacy is straight up not functional, estates are tacked on, and the good features like threaten war are expansion only. I don't want EU4 to go down the bloated road of CK2 is all.
I don't understand, what do you mean by "the good features like threaten war are expansion only?"

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

Uh, gee, thanks.

What map mod is that?

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013
How's the latest patch/DLC? I have been playing 1.15 since I haven't bought the new DLC.

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013
I'm playing this seriously again after not playing since Art of war, and boy they added a lot!

I'm playing as Austria and had some questions about the reformation. Is there a way to stop the spread of Protestantism? I assume it can be done by taking out the centers of reformation? Also, how exactly does the league war work?

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013
How does navy combat work? I assume lots of big ships are still the best by far?

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013
Is navy combat width the same as on land?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013
I haven't played since 1.19, any big issues with the current patch? I heard AI-player diplomacy is/was broken?

• Locked thread