Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Fister Roboto posted:

I just realized how good pillaging is going to be. You get 25 of each monarch power AND the province costs 30 admin less to core AND it will have a lower impact on religious unity and overextension AND it will be easier to convert. Totally worth the development, which would be poo poo anyway due to autonomy. Really can't wait for Tuesday.

I'm going to burn North Italy to the loving ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Fuligin posted:

I'm just trying to decide which horde to play as. Do any of them have unique ideas? If not I'll probably just rock Oirat and do the Ottoman thing, alternating east and west expansion.

Hordes with unique ideas:

The Jurchens (Yeren, Haixi, and the canon winner Jianzhou) all have the very good Manchu ideas
Kazan
TImurids (go Zoroastrian for proper experience)

The rest have the steppe nomad ideas, which are great if lacking in diversity. Though have we gotten any word on new idea sets?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Fister Roboto posted:

There ought to be some sort of achievement for pillaging Rome or Constantinople down to a 1/1/1 shithole.

Brennus Khan - As a horde, raze Roma
Venice Khan - As a horde, raze Constantinople

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Also razing boosts horde unity and drops revolt risk.

Timmy might not be a massive pain in the rear end to play as now.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Prop Wash posted:

- Zealot rebels of your own religion will no longer convert provinces they take. Instead the religious violence modifier will be added to such provinces.
RIP Jewthiopia and Zoroastimmy.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Discipline is too important for you not to play Dai Viet: gently caress Cambodia.

Diplo rep you can fix with an idea set, discipline can decide wars.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So what's going to be the wacky bug that comes with the patch tomorrow? 20 Estates instead of three?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

jpparker55 posted:

Cheers for all the help fellas. No biggie about starting again, guess I'll grab this dlc too.

I'll check out that Wiki but just one more question, how do you influence trade with ships? I sent my merchant to Constantinople to increase my influence and built a market there. However I have no idea what to do with ships other than transport troops and fight other ships, I haven't really invested in them at all.

Light ships (barques at the start) you send to trade nodes using the protect trade button. Send them to either your home trade node or nodes that feed into your home trade node.

Ignore the tooltip that says how much money they produce while protecting trade; it's completely wrong.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Everyone pick up the Sabaton music pack, because holy poo poo.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's the Red Line, that small Cyprus-shaped island behind it is Raftel and is where One Piece is located.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Holy poo poo.

HOLY poo poo

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Christopher Lee Crusader Kings 2 Music Pack when?

Sperglord Firecock posted:

Also how do you give Estates more land? My Clergy is sitting at 0/10% and I have no idea how to give them more land.

The production tab has an Estates section you can assign provinces with.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hey, playing as a Jurchen isn't "hit unpause and despair at the other guy allying Oirat and Korea" anymore.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

They should make some of the estate interactions be able to drop influence, because it's way too easy to edge on 80.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Trujillo posted:

I think something may be wrong with cultural unions when becoming an empire for custom nations. I should've gotten the British cultural union but Irish is still red for some reason.
...Irish is under Celtic.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Trujillo posted:

Didn't even know that was a group. I assumed British meant like the British isles...

http://www.eu4wiki.com/Culture#List_of_culture_groups

Commit it all to memory and then realize that a lot of culture groups are too small to make the union matter.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Michault le Caron aka Tailsluver430xxx

Putting your deviantart handle on your resume is getting popular.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Wafflecopper posted:

I'm playing a CN in the Pacific, so this is without any human interference:

I find a new question about this every time I look at it. Right now, I'm asking how the hell Lucca is a) still alive and b) making some headway.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Does anyone ever run their army/navy sliders at anything other than full on or full off?

Sometimes I tune it so I'm just making green if I'm doing some heavy colonization.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I got the Jihad achievement when resigning a game.

I was the Cherokee.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ahahahahahaha the Lost Cultures in the Nation Designer.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dear Paradox, please continue to break up the cultures in Europe, ty

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Eej posted:

There is, it's called Prussian Ideas.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I Keynes my way into glory every time I play in Africa, works great.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Chin Strap posted:

Apparently according to Andrzej2 you are all wrong:

If you guys like this feature so much maybe you should just play on observer mode. It will have similar result. You are all disgrace for true strategy players, you don't want to use your brain and expect game to not only tell you everything but also perform many actions automatically.

If you don't mod the game's UI to look like a Windows 95 spreadsheet then you are simply a casual console kiddie who cannot wrap your tiny mind around True Games.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Wafflecopper posted:

You need one or two other provinces as well

...Why Zeeland?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

My Dithmarschen game is going well, decided to consolidate as much of Westphalia as I can and bunker down for World War League.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Is it even possible for Wallachia to make it to 1500 anymore?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The cool thing about playing Brandenburg is that your Military Ideas pick is really only dependent on whether you want to kill Austria slowly or quickly.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Detheros posted:

Looking forward to French Britain...those are Ottomans hiding behind the french up there. :allears:

Awww look at Thomond, thinking it'll nab the Pale off England and not get absolutely annhilated.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I saw Manchu swallow Korea whole and then Ming making them spit it back out like two times.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So what's the current Wallachia strategy? Ally Hungary and hope for the best?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Node posted:

Jesus god, look at this post. Does the Paradox forums have a contest to see how much garbage you can put on your avatar and signature?

"lynch your fellow forumites"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

oddium posted:

do you have enough sailors

Do you know where I can find some sailors.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

AnoHito posted:

I would declare war on this four province country with no army, but I just don't know if I want to be at war for the next decade or so.

It's a loving 80% chance, it has to proc at some point, but nope three years later and my good old boys are still trying to siege down the Faroe Islands.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Yeah sure that's technically Western Europe I guess.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The greatest joy in EU4 is ensuring your borders are pretty enough and your name on the map is perfectly aligned.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

skasion posted:

Yes, this was extremely common right up into early EU4 if I recall. Just one of those weird quirks of the games like the famed Muslim Lusignans of Cyprus

I had a Muslim Lusignan Cyprus in my Florence->Tuscany->"get beat up by Naples and France because Austria took Mantua and Verona" game, I have no idea how it happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Europa Universalis IV: Freedom is the right of all sentient OPMs

• Locked thread