Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
It looks really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Khanstant posted:

How hard could it be to update DOOM with some new graphics. do that and little else, and itd be great

Doom's quirks were caused by technical limitations that we can thankfully move past now.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Soral posted:

i had a good laugh at the crowd cheering wildly as the same canned animation played twice in a row yesterday, lol

The E3 audience is the group of most easily amused retards there is, dwarfing the live audiences of shows like Big Bang Theory.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
The people who have expectations of this game are in for an even bigger surprise than the Duke bros.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
What's with Bethesda and piss filters

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Left Cacodemon is me when looking at Doom 4 footage

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Brasseye posted:

Theres hardly any monsters in the trailer compared to the old dooms and everything is brown and the executions are a stupid idea.

They follow the good old "quality > quantity" adage, both in terms of monster numbers and execution variety. Nothing wrong with that.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

qnqnx posted:

what the gently caress

We already have Serious Sam 3 for mindless monsterfests. If Doom focuses on Fear-style highly intelligent but low enemy count encounters, I will be very happy.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

BgRdMchne posted:

Doom is perfect for a squad-based tactical shooter. Id should take some cues from the Brothers in Arms series.

I'm hyped for Space Hulk: Deathwing.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
It's a squad-based shooter by the guys who made EYE.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
That is very close-minded of you.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

mod THIS *points to my dick*

I'd mod the warts off if I were you.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

SM64Guy posted:

you got confused, you were watching the toilet

To be fair it's easy to get confused

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
"There is no run button or cover to duck behind in this Doom reboot."

"I had a blast with my first taste of Doom's multiplayer, which Stratton tells me will have a nice progression system."

Falsum fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jul 24, 2015

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
"The standard class loadouts pack a punch, too. Either prior to starting a match or after every death, the player can pick from an Assault, Sniper, or Ambusher class. Two custom loadout options are also available. The Assault class consists of a rocket launcher, plasma rifle, and frag grenade. The Sniper has a vortex rifle, super shotgun, and personal teleporter (an item I sadly did not put to the test). The Ambusher tows a static cannon (a multiplayer-only weapon), repeater, and frag grenade."

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
"When you buy it and sit down and play it, we hope you have a great experience, and then those carrots out there will be juicy enough that you want to keep going."

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
http://www.goatse.cx

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
"You notice the PC origins of Doom (as opposed to console gameplay), it's very fast, but not as fast as Quake or Unreal Tournament"

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Bolverkur posted:

A ID Software game is always bound to eb good dont worry

I dunno, their early games are pretty weak. They really started picking up steam with Doom 3 though.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Mythbusters inviting Tim Willits when they did the Doom episode is all I need to know that the Doom legacy is safe with him.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
"id Software won’t provide any additional modding tools other than SnapMap."

"SnapMap’s capabilities are limited. Players won’t be able to create outdoor spaces with SnapMap and they won’t be able to create large open spaces like in the opening of the Doom demo. In short, SnapMap only does smaller interior spaces"

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
"It doesn't feel like [not] knowing the level is a huge disadvantage."

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
It means id, in all their glory, have managed the feat of almost completely removing burden of knowledge from DooM, as knowing the map will not put you at a significant advantage anymore.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Each red armor pickup will now increase your Hell Coins reward by 5% (stacking additively) for this match only.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Wormskull posted:

Awesome. This is perfect to get newbies in the door, and help them stay to increase there skills. I'm detecting some vibes that the people here think this is a bad thing somehow? Oh wait... Just noticed I'm in the Imp Zone where everyone hates fun and wants new players to be tormented for an eternity.

I agree, newbies need an FPS in which they can get their bearings before making the jump to Call of Duty, or even Halo for the particularly reckless ones.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

codenameFANGIO posted:

You know I still think Doom 4 doesn't look so good, despite the terrible posts.

What are you talking about. It's going to spark the Arena FPS renaissance.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
I can't think of anything more DooM than zooming in with a railgun to charge up your shots.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

D44M is a gift that keeps on giving. I'm glad my faith in Bethesda's ability to handle the series was rewarded.

Unfortunately I didn't make it into the alpha. :(

At least I can rewatch the trailer and ponder the implications of their bold choice to remove player knockback from the rocket launcher blasts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTfe7V-_3r0
Regale yourselves upon it.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Larry Parrish posted:

There's like 3 good arena shooters and the rest are all clones of one of those 3 because this genre is somehow full of less original developers than MOBAs.

That's what D44M seeks to change.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I played the demo for this today nd it's one. epic. fail.

The gameplay was worse than I thought it would be.

Pretty funny that they chose the levels where you only have a lovely pistol and a lovely shotgun to showcase the game.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
DOOIV! would have been better off with health regen than with the glory kill mechanic

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Meck Pomses posted:

Hiding behind cover is better than furiously ripping demons and zombies?

Hiding behind cover (except it's not really waist-high cover but parts of the skatepark that aren't as open as the others) and glory killing an isolated monster is essentially how it work on higher difficulties (because if you do it in the open you get blasted for more damage than you healed), and at least health regen has the upside of not tying another important resource (ammo) to it.

On top of that, given that the ranged attacks are not hitscan but projectiles and that the monsters are supposed to be agile and actively hunt you through the skatepark, not only would you be able to regenerate health in the open as long as you dodge properly, but hiding to regenerate would have downsides it doesn't have in games like CoD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

A serious argument for health regen in 2016

I don't think health regeneration is inherently bad but no this is an argument for how bad glory kills are.

• Locked thread