Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Nien posted:

Has anyone ever had any luck with SE support? I need to remove the token (which was on some iphone from the distant past) from my account (which I can't long onto to remove said token because I don't have said token), but several support tickets seem to simply be ignored.
Live chatting with a support person online helped me to resolve that exact problem. They need to use alternative ways of proving your identity, but they weren't too harsh about it.

I can't remember exactly where you can access the live support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I think they just need to make glamours weaken enemies, including primals and raids. If you can get enough votes on your cool costume, you can substitute it for mechanics.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

At least you didn't skip through Hildebrand cutscenes.

...right?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

UglyDucklett posted:

(unless someone kills the plume)
i.e. Savage Garuda

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Had two healers bail on my first run through Great Gubal Library today. The second one was on the final boss, where he claimed we simply didn't have enough DPS to finish him. Apparently he was convinced we should never even be getting to the third summon (where you need 3 people to stand on each spot to prevent them). Once we got comfortable with planning that part of the fight it was incredibly easy...

I'm certainly not saying that people talking about DPS numbers are wrong, but it's really funny to me when people start spouting off about numbers but actually have no idea what the problem is.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

seorin posted:

This would continue the trend of turning old, abandoned content into something that's run primarily by screaming children that throw a fit when things don't go perfectly even though they just rushed through everything without waiting or explaining a drat thing to the confused newbies. Only in CT, this would actually be hilarious and tons of fun, so I hope they do this.
Yeah I mean, reading through your first sentence all I could think was that it sounds like how CT already was after about a week.

EDIT: Also if they update CT at all, they need to somehow make it completely necessary to tank Bone Dragon in the south of the room.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Thumbtacks posted:

So I'm still not really sure how gearing at 60 works past Law. How do you upgrade the Antiquated gear?

And also what's my general strategy? Gear with 60 dungeons and Law until I can do Alex and then do Alex?
Upgrading Antiquated gear is past Esoterics tomes, not just past Law.

You upgrade Antiquated stuff with items you get from Alexander Savage.

EDIT: And yes to the second part. Additionally, get Centurio Seals (by doing Heavensward hunts) and use them to upgrade your Law gear. You can also use even more Law tomes to upgrade Law gear, but when you're first getting geared that's not as reasonable.

Martman fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Aug 25, 2015

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

medium buffs to mnk
For my cool MNK bros:

-Meditation recast down from 1.5s to 1.2s
-Forbidden Chakra: after casting, delay before next action reduced
-Tornado Kick: cooldown down from 60s to 40s
-Greased Lightning 1/2/3: Damage Buff up from 9/18/27% to 10/20/30% at 1/2/3 respectively, duration up from 12s to 14s at all levels.

I would love if they just keep continuing to make Monk more pleasant to play as they seem to be doing.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I can't help but feel like my addiction to collecting Triple Triad cards is like a babby version of fishing.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Is there a reason why I wouldn't be able to get this quest? I have done the quest to unlock armor dying and I've still got my monk artifact armor. When I talk to Alys she doesn't offer me this quest, only the hardmode Ultima Weapon fight.
According to http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Simply_to_Dye_For:

quote:

Besides requiring the quest Color Your World to be completed, you also have to complete ONE of the level 50 job quest for a Disciple of War or a Disciple of Magic.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Whew, catching up on relic has been kind of tedious, but the rewards are so worth it:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

drat those botters, setting their mounts to run slower.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Technogeek posted:

Because they werent RNG dependant, they were random drops.
Ahh, I see.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

RNG just means random number generator, I don't understand how so much more can be attached to it?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Mymla posted:

If you poopsock from day one, eventually you run out of content in an mmo. Who knew.
You'll also run out of socks.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

i am tim! posted:

Well, he's not wrong about the FFXIV Defence Brigade showing up at every opportunity. It was funny at first, but it got boring when it became predictable.
We're just spreading the good news about our lord and savior Yoshi P. Although I guess it's kind of backwards because he crucified 1.0 for our sins.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Doublestep posted:

no

the number can be up to the hundreds and queue canceling still gets you in immediately
If that's true, then it's not for the reason Xenoveritas was describing... i.e. queue implementation must be really dumb.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

vitamin the d posted:

3.1 out yet?
Yeah, it's kinda weird how the new MSQ takes place entirely in Moghome.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Yeah, gil is much better early so you can start earning interest on it sooner rather than later.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Sentient Data posted:

As far as which classes, the common answer of "all of them" is correct - asking for a single crafting class is like asking which single ingredient you should buy to make a stew.
So..... culinarian?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Also there's this strange mechanic where enemies can identify bad tanks and will never stay aggroed on them.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

seems dumb, hey everyone still playing for eso gear get hosed from japan!
xD

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I should have to punch myself in the dick at least three times to get any good piece of gear.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The Paladin in my Sastasha HM posted:

oath has nothing to do with aggro
(this was after I almost instantly took aggro on the first boss and kept it until we wiped, and I asked him if he had shield oath or whatever)

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

Every time I have to go to an ARR zone I mount up and jump and then remember where I am.
If you believe hard enough, one of those times you'll jump and stay in the air.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Vil posted:

As Flames on Aether, the hivemind of the Adders has become a running joke at this point. One common observation is that they're quite consistent about attacking whichever opponent is at lesser risk of going on to win the game. Because clearly it's more important to squabble over the #2 spot than it is to stop #1 from sailing to an easy victory.
My theory is just that the Badders is the most satisfying nickname, so it sticks the most. The Lames and Failstrom just aren't quite as fun.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Flying broom mount omg.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Doublestep posted:

wow those rates are poo poo

hows a catgirl supposed to live off of that
That's a half-hour of Eorzia time.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

HelloPlatypus posted:

I love MCH in PVP god drat.
Pretty sure I've been in at least one match with you going 12/0. Battle fever gets pretty ridiculous...

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Kuvo posted:

/hildy
I think there's a trend here: the fewer words in a post about MMOs, the better.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Chyea posted:

The game is not rocket surgery; everything you need to know to beat a fight is laid out in numerous videos and guides.
That is a pretty bad way to measure how hard something is.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Chyea posted:

It takes some time to get used to any given strategy but that process doesn't take weeks upon weeks.
For people with normal schedules, yes, it does.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Chyea posted:

I will cede to you that time is an important factor but, please, consider the amount of wasted time the average raid team occupies with repeating the same error over and over again without change. "Oh, we wiped to Digititus again, great mechanic SE, pulling in 10. <se.6>" I'm willing to bet that most groups struggling with A3S will chalk something up to RNG or server ticks or whatever rather than something like player movement and that wastes far more hours than learning to play X class on Y fight.
There are groups like this, but you're speculating pretty baselessly on who falls into that category.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Oh boy, Vanu Vanus have at least 7 reputation ranks.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Having finished grinding ARR beastmen rep literally yesterday, I for one am thrilled to get back into the grind.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

Just a heads up if anyone is sitting on a mountain of money they want to get rid of: I'm going to be selling my medium personal house (Goblet Ward 1, Plot 12). It's right next to the PBC/DGKK houses.
I'll start the bidding at 1,000 gil.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Hey cool

I hope that's enough Accuracy. The Gordian armor is only 24 more and I think it's fine, so this should be pretty sweet!

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I wonder if the goal is ultimately to combine Seal Rock and Diadem mechanics to create the biggest shitshow imaginable.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

There's also an A Rank in the Sea of Clouds called Enkelados, even closer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

If raiders were good they could clear A3S at level 1 with no gear on. Anything that makes your character stronger is a crutch for cupcakes.

• Locked thread