Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
New primal name will apparently be revealed during The Rising? Hmmmmmm.

EDIT: AHAHAHAHA gently caress THEY'RE INTEGRATING LORD OF VERMILLION INTO XIV

that one's coming down from corporate, you can be sure of that

edit edit: wait it uses minions

oh my god

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Aug 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Multi-try on, praise yoship

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Aww, lame. I thought since Koji would be sitting in, the lore thing would be bilingual. :smith:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

Bismarck was water and wind, Ravana was fire and earth, so the new primal will probably be ice and lightning. Which is kind of an odd combination.

e: poo poo, just make it Thor

I practically have money on it being Valigarmanda

I mean, think about what element he's associated with most due to how you find him, and then despite it being called Tri-Disaster, look at his summon attack

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Hunter Noventa posted:

I missed the live letter, but they hinted at Red Mage and Samurai? I want to hear more about this.

The anniversary event in-game does the hinting.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

T.G. Xarbala posted:

warning: this song is canon

This, but Koji really does mean it literally.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

el

oh

elllllll

it is kinda true that forcing the other two tanks to cross-class taunt rather than have taunt be part of each kit is an awkward design decision tho

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

If nothing else, if you guys have a tank, healer and DPS you'll find a second random DPS via the Duty Finder in seconds. You'll have no trouble doing the content, though you wouldn't be under-manning it.

There is also the undersized party option, but I don't actually know offhand if that unlocks as soon as you get Duty Finder access or if you need level 50 in a combat class first. (That said, a lot of the 4-man leveling dungeons are frankly easy enough for three people who can coordinate and know what they're doing, they'd just take a bit longer.)

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Remy Marathe posted:

poo poo. By restricted to 4-mans, do you mean we can't walk into a dungeon/instance as a party of 3 and attempt it? We're not opposed to taking on a stranger in principle, but in practice in warcraft at least most members of the public are interested in plowing through a dungeon as fast as they can which sucks for us, we want to drink beers and read quest text etc.

You can't walk directly into an instance like Warcraft, no. All dungeoning is done via the "Duty Finder" interface, which is like the LFG tool in Warcraft in that it will match you with a party for a given piece of group content (a dungeon, a single-boss-fight Trial, some raids, etc.)

Heavensward added an "undersized group" option, however, which allows you to enter a dungeon without the full compliment of people, and with level-syncing turned off for high level players (so that you can bulldoze content to farm it). Like I said, I'm not entirely sure if that's enabled for everyone right off the bat or if you need a level 50 job before you can enable that. I think it's the former, but I'm not sure.

Also, in general people are usually a lot nicer in XIV than in Warcraft, so if you take a little time to watch cutscenes it'll be fine. The only place this may be a problem is in the conclusion of the original 2.0 storyline, but that's because the design of the cutscenes in those dungeons is frankly disruptive and incredibly slow - they haven't repeated that mistake since.

Mr. Nice! posted:

The vast majority of each FC are goons. There are a loving lot of us playing this game.

In fact I don't think there are even 50 sponsorees total. The huge majority of our players are goons, Please Be Careful and its associated spinoffs are one of the biggest goon-gaming agglomerations in history at this point.

And yeah, between PBC, DGKK and TPT we're at around 1100 people, maybe a bit less depending on how inactives get trimmed. Certainly a lot of them will be back for 3.1!

edit:

Remy Marathe posted:

e; man this thread moves fast for 1am- the undersized party option sounds like just what we'd be after

It's been mentioned before - the game and thread are in that awkward place where there's alllllmost more discussion than one thread can truly contain, but not quite enough traffic to truly justify a new subforum. So yeah, get used to seeing a good hundred posts or more a day in this thread, it moves real fast.

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Sep 3, 2015

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Freak Futanari posted:

Geez, that's pretty far off.

They apparently took a hugely-needed vacation after getting Heavensward out the door, so I am totally okay with the wait.

Also it's looking like Exploratory Missions are going to be, in part, a reworking of the old Skirmish system. I might be okay with that, depending on the implementation.

edit:

wait

what the gently caress

I think I'll wait for an official translation of this section because this is kind of nuts if I'm understanding it right :stare:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

A F R O S

(and nice fancy dresses I suppose)

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Side note, haha, debubo fans because drat it's hot in Japan right about now. Fantastic. Now I'm slightly regretting not going to TGS this year.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

The real downtime for the server transfer is likely taking a full day to make sure that everything is working exactly right before letting folks back on. Changing colocation centers like this is incredibly difficult and fraught with risks, not because of moving the information itself (that's easy) but because making sure everything is installed on the new machines with no loss of data or bad configurations is an excruciatingly painful task, and they're probably working on integrity testing as we type. Send the new London team some coffee, they probably need it.

There'll probably be a patch too, fyi, pointing the client at the new IPs for the EU data center. And they need to test to make sure that's working in a live-ish environment before setting everyone loose on it. That's why we're seeing so much downtime for this. Are we actually losing any goons to the EU servers, btw, or is our Eurocrew planning to stay put?

Anyway, that line of discussion was getting a little contentious, and it's been a long time since people posted pictures of their dragoncatgirls, so let's do that.

I've been rollin' as a lalafell for a long while now, but in a fit of curiosity I decided to try one last time to make a pretty dragon princess who didn't actually drive me batty with poor facial animation in cutscenes and who actually looked good in my embarrassingly large glamour wardrobe, and... I didn't actually expect to succeed as well as I did. Especially with this face, which I really disliked at first glance. In the game itself, though, it actually looks really good, plays well with a lot of light sources, and the big ol' doe eyes in particular have the unexpected benefit of being able to show expression well due to even more subtle facial animations actually being noticeable. I also really dig that hairstyle, although I know certain folks OF TERRIBLE TASTE disagree. Also for whatever reason a Raen with this skin tone doesn't seem to have the same "visual busyness clashing" issues with sandal-style footwear that every other dragonprincess I've tried has, particularly Xaela, so there's that. I still have a few issues with Au Ra in general - I'm a bit annoyed that the scale design basically mandates making them all pale-skinned, and Square, come on, no actual living person would normally stand idle like that, or that, or that either, and a couple of the other animations are also a bit ridiculous - but by and large, I'm really happy with how this turned out.

basically I'm prob. gonna stay dragonprincess for a while because this new one I cooked up is cool and good in ways I didn't expect, which is itself cool and good, praise the art team and also yoshi-p, now to be the dragonprincess of my dreams~

I'd meant to get a few more outfit screens before maintenance, but dammit, I needed a nap. :effort:

(As a little aside, though, this has gotten me wondering just how their facial animation tech works - when I tried a face 4 Au Ra, I was very dissatisfied with now relatively inexpressive the face was during cutscenes, which was a bit of beef I'd previously had with the Midlander, too, and is one of the reasons I liked my lalafell so much. I figured Au Ra face 2, what my current one uses, would be even worse given the default neutral expression, but it's actually quite a bit more expressive in part, as I noted, due to the eyes. This has me wondering just what the guts of the system look like - I'd thought it was just a generic set of calls to the animation system to move certain bones to make certain expressions, but now I wonder if it's handled per-face. But that can't be right, because that would be an insane amount of work and in general Yoshida-era XIV has been about streamlining processes like that and reining in some of the ridiculous excesses of the Tanaka era when it came to cutscenes. It's quite possible the different facial geometries just end up interpreting the animation calls in different ways, though I still wonder.)

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Belrouze posted:

How about a demondragonboy instead? I was going for something between Space Dandy and Cowboy Bebop. How did I do?

By dragoncatgirls, I meant characters in general, basically :v:

I wish you'd gotten a closer facial profile, but the mohawk is extremely Space Dandy, if nothing else.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Kitfox88 posted:

You should put that glamour up on glambook because it's really nice and i want to stealtweak it for my own use.

That is one pink-as-gently caress website

But it's also a repository for good glamours so hey

http://xivbubblegum.pink/stylish-scholar-by-shirin-nagareru-of-excalibur/

A few other notes that didn't fit: jewelry aside from rings is hidden so w/e on that front, and ofc it's also completely race-independent. You just need to be able to kill Nael for the pants. It's also not matched for any weapon in particular, I guess either flavor of Allagan would go well.

When the servers are back up I'll post some other glamours, I have a bunch to share

quote:

looking over my old stuff kinda made me wanna go lala again. oh no

It is difficult to escape the lala pull when you try to leave

half the reason I made the :words: post was because I was surprised at how little inclination I felt to go back once my dragonprincess "clicked"

Failboattootoot posted:

Information up in the launcher about the land reclamation stuff and also the new halloween event. Cute stuff http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2015/All_Saints_Wake/

Fuckin' permanent flying broom mounts right out the gate, Yoship knows what's up

and ofc they're using an Au Ra Xaela for halloween as soon as they can because who didn't see that coming

I didn't quite see VAMPIRE MIQO'TAFELL coming, tho

ilifinicus posted:

oh my god 20-30ms ping to the new EU servers

that's 100 less than what I have now ON GOOD DAYS

welp, sounds like PBC is losing some of the Euro contingent :smith:

(glad you guys have a real low-ping server, though, and Euro internet will make most of western Europe like playing in Tokyo)

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Belrouze posted:

Closer picture of face. Weapon included.

That is pretty gloriously Dandy.

On that note, for Kitfox and anyone else interested, more of my silly dragongirl glamours.

http://xivbubblegum.pink/classy-drk-tank-by-shirin-nagareru-of-excalibur/

http://xivbubblegum.pink/nerdy-scholar-by-shirin-nagareru-of-excalibur/

http://xivbubblegum.pink/nice-fancy-monk-by-shirin-nagareru-of-excalibur/

http://xivbubblegum.pink/white-knight-tank-by-shirin-nagareru-of-excalibur/

And that's probably enough of that for now, even though I have even more glamours I could show off. God help me.

Anyway, sounds like it's goodbye to our Euro friends. :smith: Gonna miss seeing guys like Dudude on. The best place to coordinate it is probably on FFGoons, since a lot of y'all will still want to hang around this thread for general news & discussion.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Xenoveritas posted:

That's 100 less than I get to the current servers from the north east of the US. Yeesh.

European internet, basically

Have we mentioned that, even accounting for the larger distances, the Internet infrastructure in North America, USA and Canada both, is dogshit?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

nuru posted:

It's basically just the Calvary set, I think? Just the upper body and arms maybe.

The link gives all the components :v: The chest and gloves are cav, everything else is from other sets, which is why I'm proud of finding such good matches across the board. That's probably the glamour I'm most proud of.

Holyshoot posted:

I'm stealing that white knight for my drk. Looks good.

Fair warning, with the default DRK stance the outfit as posted gets rather, ah... breezy. :v: If you're fine with that, then go for it, but it's something to be aware of. I'm a little tempted myself but I like my existing DRK glamour.

Carver posted:

Finding pants that match up with the various sandals is really fun.

More or less the savage mode of the true endgame, really

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Mazed posted:

By the way, Spacedrake, your character looks like this total awkward nerd in everything and that's pretty great.

If you think so, then I'm doing something right! Part of the gimmick ~in my head~ is that my WoL is supposed to be a kind of awkward nerd who got thrust into the whole world-saving hero business (which makes the DRK questline and the end of Vault all the more a kick in the pants) and for all she occasionally armors up and grabs a big sword, her inner dork never entirely goes away.

My old midlander sort of pulled it off but not really and my lalafell, while cool, never quite sold it either, so that's part of the reason I'm so satisfied with my dragonprincess - my character feels kind of thematically cohesive now.

Holyshoot posted:

I have the muscle slider all the way up on my highlander so slut outfits will look hilarious on me.

Fair enough, I just wanted to give ample warning ahead of time. :v:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Antlions posted:

Man, I'm real bad at navigating lodestone. Have there been any events since the start of this month? I'm gonna resub when the Halloween event starts, but I can't tell if I've missed anything recently.

Since the start of this month? No.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

khy posted:

Tried the test. Hit 20 but, I dunno. I never hit the point where the game drew me in to the point where I'd want to buy it. Maybe endgame raiding would have been better or maybe it's because so much content was quest-locked for me ( I never did get the chocobo ), I don't know. I tried all the basic classes and found them all so generic. Maybe the jobs would have been more interesting but since trial characters are limited to 20, I never got to find out. Paying $60 only to realize that it just isn't clicking for me didn't seem appealing.

You should be able to get the base game, like Sentient Data said, for $15-20 in many places at this point. Even as a single-player experience, I think the game is worth that since you'll have the free month. If it still doesn't hook you by, say, the patch content after the Praetorium dungeon, then you'll know it isn't for you, but you'd only be out the equivalent of a few lunches. And if you get on Excalibur, you'll have tons of goons to hang with.

Deffo wouldn't drop dosh on Heavensward until you're certain you like the game, though.

Sion posted:

I bought this today it looks like a fun and cool game

Can confirm I think it is cool and also perhaps fun

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Digital Jesus posted:

Is this game still Cool and Good? I haven't played since just before Heavensward dropped. I can't remember why I quit... I think I was tired of trying to get through the vanilla story stuff. Pretty keen to get back on board though.

Basically the only problem is that the extreme high-end game right now is balls-in-a-vice hard and kind of grindy (with content under it being rather too easy), and we're a bit overdue for a content patch because the devs needed a vacation after the insane Heavensward crunch. If you liked the game previously, the 50-60 game remains 100% worth it and much like ARR, the Heavensward content patch cycle should expand and smooth things out nicely.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Despite the fact that it's probably more a reference to the FF5 sprite, I do like that the new Krile promo art makes it really seem like she'll deffo be a Devout/Shaman/Doushi, rather than just a standard white mage.

also if the orb is some kind of FF1 reference I might lose my poo poo

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

kharaa posted:

hmm spacedrake fanfic or belzac shitposts

really whipping out the hard choices here

Y'all know what you want, in your heart of hearts

Kuvo posted:

/hildy

oh my god I MISSED THE WEDDING, DIDN'T I

I AM LITERALLY THE WORST

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Boten Anna posted:

While I'm sitting here in party finder for loving ever, the Premiere Raiding Group of Third Party Tools, Cat Simulator 2015, is having that problem many other statics are having where people are dropping because of patch boredom. Also we're not sure if our scholar is even alive, like, irl :( (oh god lycelle answer my twitter dm)

Can I just second this, if anyone know how to get in touch with Lycelle Faust (aka Faust IX on forums I think) please let myself or Boten Anna know, the last word we had was that Lycelle was having fairly serious stomach-related health issues and I think everyone in Cat Simulator and Blame Selene is worried. :smith:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Have they said anything about how long they expect this patch cycle to run, by chance?

This patch will almost certainly be 3 months on the nose. 3.0 to 3.1 took longer because some of the staff desperately needed a vacay after the insane Heavensward crunch. We should be back on schedule now.

If you mean the overall 3.x content cycle? No idea. It seems relatively safe to assume up to 3.5 (three Alexander raids + three Shadow of Mhach raids) but they may try to mix things up and make it shorter or longer. They haven't said yet.

The next expansion is apparently in the planning stages, but so was Heavensward when 2.1 came out.

Meanwhile, rip the game, I guess. Lobby server is kaput and maint in 90 minutes.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Samba De Amigo posted:

It's a dumb sentiment and I'm aware, but when the raids are designed around 8 people pulling their weight you want to try and make your team as successful as possible you start to get dumb ideas and thoughts like this. And just because you wipe at 1% or don't have that gear doesn't make it your fault or even necessarily your team's, but it doesn't stop you from wondering what if.

Then stop wondering about it on your own. Because you shouldn't - Diadem gear won't make that big a difference.

My incredibly casual-as-hell raidgroup that had attendance issues all throughout the middle of 3.0 is just now getting to the back half of Savage Alex. We've only really started getting 210 gear of any sort regularly.

We still clown on A1S in two pulls at most these days, and were doing so in nearly all 200-or-lower gear, and we're getting pretty close to having A2S be that clean to kill too. And I know from what I've seen that A3S and A4S, like drat near all the fights in this game, will come down more to execution than to damage. For my part, I'm going to be getting my farthings, I'll do a bit of daily hunting and maybe some other stuff if it comes up and time permits, I'll probably do a bit of Diadem every now and then, and I'll be confident that I'll upgrade my 200 set to 210 at a good pace and be an effective, contributing member of the team. I cannot possibly conceive of the situation in which having .5% better sub-stats on one piece of gear would have Turned The Tide; the only 1% wipes I've seen in Yoshida's XIV have been down to execution, and subsequent pulls have always beaten the boss easily with time to spare. And I cannot, cannot conceive the early bosses of Alex Two being so tightly tuned that such optimization makes that much of a difference.

Unless you are explicitly a world-first raider - unless such a contribution matters to the very existence of your group - do not worry about Diadem optimal gear. No, don't. Don't. This is a mental block, not one the game is putting up. The substats in this game don't matter that much*. You will be fine if you're in 210 gear by 3.2.

You will be fine.

*(Now, Diadem gear being comically better for DPS-contributing healers because healers want DPS-level accuracy and have the tools to do significant DPS but the item and dungeon design teams refuse to give them this accuracy and don't seem to design the fights around healers doing good DPS when they theoretically can and should... well, that's less about Diadem gear specifically and more about there being a disconnect on XIV's design team itself, and one that's been festering for two years. Diadem's loot design just happened, by accident I think, to stumble right into the middle of that problem. I can level with any healer, especially a Scholar, feeling like they have to rock full Diadem accuracy gear, because that elephant in the rooom's been getting particularly restless since 2.4, and I wish the design team would just finally address it one way or the other.)

Also as someone who actually raids with Technogeek, this thread is about to get very strange for me

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Itchy Itchiford posted:

Thanks for the info :)

In better news I got my Conjurer to 15 and started playing around on my new Scholar. Holy poo poo this feels so much better as far as overall gameplay. I almost gave up on my Summoner because the damage didn't seem that great and I felt very squishy even with a tank pet. Now I just keep Selene out, load up all my dots (including aero) and tab to the next mob to die. Cleric stance and Protect from the Conjurer really seemed to help after I respecced to spend all my bonus points in mind. Healed a couple dungeons and it was great.

This very well may replace WoW for me :)

Scholar is basically the best MMO healer ever, in my little opinion. Being able to do very respectable damage while having the fairy do delaying heals/playing chicken with the tank's life, BIG SHIELD CRITZZZZ, a neat and varied cooldown toolbox, and of course in 3.x a cool-as-hell LB3, it's a complete package and I really, really like it. Summoner starts to come together after 30, though, so don't discount it entirely.

But yeah, welcome to the "welp, so much for Warcraft" contingent. I liked Warcraft for a long time, but Yoshida's XIV basically provided everything I ever wanted out of Warcraft, but better, and I don't see that changing any time soon.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

mr. stefan posted:

I'm like 99% certain it's supposed to be Alisaie, since it jives with the look of her and alphinaud's wacky 2.x footie pajamas

There is a decent bit of confusion/wondering about this, though, because the last time we saw Alisaie she had discarded that outfit for a relatively plain traveling mage's tunic & trousers set due to her old outfit getting badly damaged during the final battle with Bahamut. That said, Alf had his duds messed up by the same fight, and his outfit was fine in 2.5, so it's entirely possible she swapped out for her spare Space Jammies.

I sorta hope she didn't, though, because the symbology of her abandoning her old outfit at the end of Coil was cool.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

megalodong posted:

Anyone have a link to the thread where ARR actually launched? I want to see people's reactions to it.

Ask and ye shall recieve.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3516878 - transition/beta/2.0 launch

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3353297 - 1.0 launch of tears

both are currently inaccessible because archives.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

If Soken never heard WWC then someone who worked with him did because the guitar riff is identical. I'm not sure if Powerman 5000 was ever popular in Japan but if it was then he'd have heard it even if he doesn't remember it.

Thing is, even if Soken has never, ever heard WWC before... it's a very simple guitar riff. I can totally buy that he arrived at it on his own.

This is what happens when we have multiple countries with thousands of people producing music. Eventually, two people are going to make very similar things just by chance.

It's also very possible that Soken heard it once, forgot it was a real thing, and then just subconsciously incorporated it into the Sephirot theme - that's super easy to do, too - but at the rate media is being created at this point, it's inevitable that people will begin to hit on the same idea without even meaning to. I can totally buy that this is chance.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

The patch is out.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/d5d827c7993aa79fa99697e431d072223d83fe78

TLDR: Gobdips were meant to drop from A7S, not A8. It'll be fixed in this hotfix.

Also once you get to A7S, save your pages, you'll be able to buy dip with A7 pages soon but not right now.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

A collab with Yo-kai Watch because Hino is an enormous nerd for XIV

What a world we live in

fake edit: venoct is still a dumb name for orochi tho

real edit: holy poo poo it's not just minions, it's gear too

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Apr 29, 2016

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

holy poo poo the monk fists

holy poo poo

punch the enemy with flaming plasma ears

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

This crossover is goddamn massive

I guess that's what you get when the man leading the company of the most successful new game IP in Japan this decade is a huge nerd for your MMO

edit: d'awwwwwwwwww. Hino had a custom Yo-kai medal made for Yoshida. :3:

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Apr 29, 2016

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

HotBobaloo posted:

I was about to apply to one of the goon guilds, but realized that the guild recommended for newbs is Adder aligned. I was planning on going Maelstrom because pirates, does that matter at all? Do any of the companies matter? If it makes any difference I'm a 21 thaum at the story quests where I'm going through dungeons for the first time.

No difference whatsoever. Personal GC alignment has nothing to do with company alignment, and company alignment doesn't even mean much. Join TPT as you like!

Kwyndig posted:

Especially since, like most event stuff, it will probably be really prevalent for like two weeks and then everyone will just start chasing the next fad in game. When was the last time you saw somebody using a FFXIII weapon?

The weapons, not so much, but that Lightning outfit is hella useful in bits and pieces. And whatever you may think of snow, his chestpiece is probably the best classical duster available in the game ATM.

As for Yokai, I'm totally gettin' me some minions.

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 1, 2016

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

PST posted:

So I then switch to single pulls and i'm still having to use cooldowns on every pull. When we get to the first boss, having taken 20 minutes to get there, and another wipe along the way, I see that the Bard is essentially doing auto attacks for 20 seconds, then an ability, then another 20 seconds of auto attacks.

Finish the boss and I vote to abandon, to which the Bard asks 'Are you intimidated by strong-willed women and you can't handle it'.

You encountered something that we in the biz usually call "trolling".

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Leofish posted:

Seriously, every male Roe animation is amazing and full of personality. Just the dance he did when I confirmed the change was enough to win me over.

Lalafells, Roes, Highlanders and to some extent Dragongirls are definitely the ones with the most personality in their animations. The rest tend to be pretty vanilla.

I'm still bummed we don't really have a dude-Roe Scion outside of Hoary Boulder, and he's kind of a minor character.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Is the next story patch out yet?

Next patch.

Leal posted:

Well her English VA was kind of murdered.

I do kind of wonder how much this affects overall plans, though. What happened to Ms. Blake was awful, but Yugiri's other VAs in other languages are still fine. I'm not sure they'd discontinue a character for a tragedy in one language.

I suspect we'll find out in 3.4+, as either way Yugiri hasn't had a lot to do with the Ishgard plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Gizmo Chicken posted:

Here's a preview of the two new dungeons on the SE blog.
Looks like Sohr Khai has a fight with the moogles from Moghome. :getin:

I kind of wonder what the hell the plot for Sohr Khai even is. We fight Moglin, and it looks like we're fighting some dragons too. I thought we'd be going in to help out Hrae, but...

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Now would honestly be a good time to resub so you can get yourself a bit of lore and midan/crafted 220 gear to prepare for 3.3 being very soon.

Yeah, if you're a few patches behind, this isn't a bad time to resub. There's a decent chance the patch is dropping before 30 days will be up, and it is definitely dropping within 60.

Alder posted:

ALright game installed and updated with HW. Currently I have i92 BLM with a Stardust Rod Zenith. Do I just follow the story for a wep upgrade or do I have to go out and farm items from dailies? I'd really not do the entire Relic quest because I hate RNG.

The 2.x content and the HW content will crap stuff at you, don't worry about it.

edit:

Meanwhile I'm having another one of those little personal episodes where I'm tempted to switch from potato to dragon-princess again. This is not helped by me doing a fun little Twitter query thing for it this time and the responses being literally deadlocked.

I really like both, but dedicated alts are kind of pointless in this game, so... fie.

vs
vs
vs

Yes, these are the dilemmas I face as an adult human being

potato vs. dragongirl

god help me

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 06:29 on May 19, 2016

• Locked thread