Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

kirbysuperstar posted:

Ah good. What was the total damage?

I went a bit higher on squeenix's shipping so about 80 aud before the shopmate stuff since they hold the package once it's received so it can be sent forward when you pay.

Edit: should mention it's aud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Hamsterlady posted:

It's an improvement for dragon men. Every time I see their run animation I can't help but think "look at that loving clown"

It's pretty adorable as a potato since you hold your arms right out to the side and make airplane airship noises.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

WhiteHowler posted:

Oh, huh. I have no idea if anyone was choosing a target based on that. Our healers weren't screaming that people were taking too much damage, so maybe? It's a stupidly easy fight to tank, so I was kind of brainlessly mashing my rotation and occasionally wrangling adds.

I didn't know they shared a health pool. I thought we were just being really good at splitting our damage evenly.

The arena tilting is also a mechanic in extreme mode since after that giant water attack, the rails fall off. If you're not standing on the right side, you fall off and can't be raised.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Pierson posted:

I'll level my Kenshin class to 70 on day loving one.

I feel like keeping SAM on the back burner until the Doma expansion is a good idea.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
Here's a better screenshot of my second place entry. Brina

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Lemon-Lime posted:

Those costumes all own and people need to post what they used to make them.

There was a really good Poison one complete with the pink hair outside the FC house a few days ago, too, but I guess they didn't make it to the contest.

Mine was pretty simple. Maid dress in Dalamud Red, maid shoes in a dark brown and red pigtails for the hair. I did fantasia for the eyes, though and still didn't get it quite right. Calca minion sells what the outfit is supposed to be, though.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Eopia posted:

Ugh. Got this garbage summoner twice in a row in POTD who was literally wasting pomanders and when I explained that using Rage pomanders on a No Knockback floor was entirely useless to a different player, I got this.

Rage doesn't work on no knockback floors? :aaa:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Verranicus posted:

Yeah, nothing makes me more annoyed than having that one idiot who will rush to every chest even if someone else is clearly closer and going for it.

At this point, I just let other people open silver chests if possible since every one I open detonates in my face or I'm left with a mimic to fight solo. :smith:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Dastardly posted:

I want to see Memoria in XIV but it would be so condensed as a raid.

It'd make for a good dungeon, though. Finish on a Necron fight or lead to him as a Primal.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

seiferguy posted:

The Iifa Tree would be a pretty cool 24 man raid.

Iifa Tree -> Terra -> Memoria would make a kickass 24 man raid.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
Clearly, we're getting another set of artefact gear. Will DRK actually get Cecil's set this time? :allears:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Nipponophile posted:

We had a problem like this at work a few years ago, and it turned out that one of my coworkers had managed to download some spyware despite our antivirus and firewall. Every hour, it would try to phone home and knock out the network connection. So that'd be my first guess. I'd go over your system startup and run some antivirus and malware scans.

Yeah, old dialers are really bad at this.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Thundarr posted:

I wouldn't say Dragoon is necessarily harder than Monk, though at 50+ it is more obnoxious to keep Blood of the Dragon up than it is to keep Greased Lightning up. DRG basically has two combos that you use between a buffing attack and a DoT, with lots of one-off attacks and self buffs that you weave in between attacks as they are available. Monk has slightly fewer buffs and off-GCD attacks, and their combos tend to be a lot more fluid depending on the situation and are more dependent on positioning. Monks also attack a good bit faster than dragoons, so the pacing you prefer can factor into it.

Ninjas really have one main combo with a couple different closers, and are more reliant on their DoTs to do a big chunk of their damage. Ninjas also attack at roughly Monk speed after level 45, and have slightly less personal damage potential made up for by bringing a lot of party utility. They also get the mudra game for casting their spells, which people tend to either love or hate. Also the suffering of the boss that insists on spinning at the very moment they are trying to use Trick Attack.

All three are cool in their own ways really and worth checking out. The core monk playstyle settles in pretty early on with bells and whistles added on as you go, whereas the full dragoon rotation gets adjusted repeatedly all the way up into the 50s and ninja doesn't *really* get the ninja feel down until 45 when you can Huton to boost your attack speed.

There is nothing more heartbreaking than missing Trick Attack because the boss spun around for the third time.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
Okay, am I the only one having trouble getting the update? It keeps giving me a version mismatch between Updater and Game and I've tried everything outside of reinstalling.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Skaw posted:

Go in to documents/my games/final fantasy xiv - a realm reborn/ and open FFXIV_BOOT.cfg with notepad or whatever text document program you like, look for BootVersionCheckMode and change the zero to a one. Run the launcher and it'll kick you the mismatch error one more time, but it'll restart itself and start downloading things.

This worked. Thank you so loving much.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
Edit: gently caress, doublepost. Have a catgirl image.

Intoluene fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jan 17, 2017

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

ilifinicus posted:

thanks to those samurai, red mage and blue mage job files, there's a lot of "3.5 worst patch ever I want dancer gently caress you yoshida" posters

it's great

There's blue mage job files?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Skaw posted:

For Extreme Primals and Savage Raids, I personally tend to avoid videos all together myself. Honestly prefer written guides. I find them a lot easier to digest, and they tend to generally have more clarity than the Gotta MonetizeUpload It First video guides.

Mr happy is far more guilty of this than mizzteq is. I actually really like mizzteq's guides, even if it takes me a few watches to digest.

• Locked thread