Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Postin mah cat girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Countblanc posted:

Are there any guides available for the new gathering stuff? Specifically hidden items from Luck of the Pioneer and w/e the miner version is.

Here you go. http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3aplmm/unspoiled_mining_nodes_30/

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Verranicus posted:

What would be my best target for scrip at my gear level? And is there an accepted best skill combo for getting the most bang for your buck?

Have 600 GP, then go after w/e Cloud banana/Heaven Lemon equivalents are (lowest script giver). then you can guarantee at least 1 turn in per node by doing Discerning Eye + Methodical Appraisal x 2, then Utmost Caution + Modest x 2

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

fadam posted:

So how hard is Alex?

As always, depends on how braindead your party is. i do not suggest pugging it for a bit.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Unlucky7 posted:

I was just told by a healer that if I have Raw Intuition up and I receive a heal from behind, it will crit. Does this hold water? My untrained eye did not notice it.

It did. They fixed it already.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

OpinionCushion posted:

Man, I don't know if the market is just way worse on Excalibur or something, but I did Noble Codicies for my red scrips and I came in around 300K for mats, which is the profit from crafting a couple of items. I have adamantite alembics as a cheap option as well. Spending over 2 million on CUL ingredients blows my mind.

They were saying that it is 2 million for all the mats to CAP red scripts.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

vOv posted:

Can someone explain it to those of us who aren't familiar with the madness that is HW crafting?

Each piece of each set is several million gil in materials/ on the MB

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

seiferguy posted:

Finally got Ravana Ex done tonight. It only took 2 tries! It's actually a really fun fight.

Would you happen to be on Balmung? Timing and details makes me think you are someone I know.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Axle_Stukov posted:

God no, Zeta doesn't need anything from heavensward. Even if he had 0 luck with a weapon from dungeons, the game throws you a 145 weapon right at the start of the Hinterlands, and if he was on a second job then that's still no excuse to be using a weapon that's 9 levels old.

What? Zeta has better stats than most of the stuff up to Gubal, depending on how you materia'd it.....and just noticed that he said the 115 relic. Yeah, that's kinda dumb given the 145 wep is same damage with better stats. The 135 will last you a good long while though, cause the Gubal spear is only 2 weapon damage above the Longinus Zeta with only ten more strength.

edit: And the spear from Vault is a slight upgrade too, though I did not know that it even existed til just now. Literally never seen it drop.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

Weapon damage > substats by a huge amount. Not to mention that no substat for dragoon is currently worth more than 0.2 strength and a higher ilevel item has more strength to boot. Always go higher weapon damage.

That was actually my point. I meant that the weapon damage on a Zeta means it won't be replaced til Vault at the earliest.

Edit: I did infact miss that we was level 60. Yup, dude is a dumbass.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

So there is a massive vigil in Gridania (on Balmung) for the terror attack in France. so big a couple GM's showed up. This isn't everyone and it also doesn't have the large number of wind up suns cause they disappear when I turn off the UI.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Neat, does it work in reverse too? Like does a level 60 BLM automatically count as a level 60 THM? Or does BLM replace THM entirely? I'm sure all this is explained when it is relevant but I'm impatient.

Yes, but there is no reason other than shits and giggles to ever take off your job stone.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Xenoveritas posted:

As long as you stay away from various infamous ERP spots, you're usually pretty safe.

Except for that time I ran into ERPers who were ERPing next to the Minicactpot board in /say.

My first encounter with Rp on Balmung was two Lalas ERPing on say at that house in Bronze Lake. They drew a bit of a crowd, who started throwing up fireworks and cheering. I have screenshots bit am phone posting so will add them when I get home. poo poo was hilarious.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Edit: nvm, this will just be a stupid slap fight.

LunarShadow fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Mar 15, 2016

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

As promised, the screenshot I was talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

All this reminds me of a time when I played FFXI and people would ERP in emotes next to leveling parties. A particular instance springs to mind when I was leveling Summoner pre-CoP and this catgirl spent like an hour on a clearly macro-based handjob probably twenty feet from my character. I had to filter out emotes for a while once I realized where it was going.
The concept of a macro for ERP hand jobs amuses me greatly. Both because it begs the question of how often they do that that they need a macro, and because it is pretty much the analogue to a listless prostitute.

• Locked thread