Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Couple tiers lighter than your eye color looks ok. Or just don't use them at all, you can change them at the barber according to yoshida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
obligatory dragonboy

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
woo

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
MCH dps really shines once you get Rook and Bishop. Havent gotten Gauss yet but it's a 20% damage increase so

I did a Tam Tara Hard with a drk tank and me on MCH and it was insanely fast

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I start using Blank on trash mobs if the tank repeatedly moves poo poo out of Bishop

gently caress you

E: and ill start using suppressive fire so you can bitch about stun diminishing returns, too.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Paging Vandes

Do I save all cooldowns on DRG and use them together or just pop them on CD?

I know you at least used to save Ls for B4B

E: sorry, LS not PS

Doublestep fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jun 24, 2015

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Yeah I know the opener im just trying to figure out if I should be holding IR until B4B is back up later in the fight

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

I really hope Azys Lla becomes more than just a token visit from 59-60

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Riftling posted:

I like how I have zero incentive to do the DRG 58 or 60 quests for the abilities. Why, yes, I would like a weird AoE I can use once in a blue moon and an ability that's only purpose is to add randomization to my rotation. Seriously.

Holy poo poo lol

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

pksage posted:

Bismarck EX is pretty fun! Nice to see DPS checks like that in currently-relevant content. Shame it'll be a joke when we're i210, or whatever.

The dps check is already a joke. My static is in mostly Library gear and we cleared it in a few attempts

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Gearhead posted:

What IS odd that the Allagan never attempted, as far as we can tell, to fight fire with fire. They always used a technological solution to their problems up until the very end. And then, instead of creating a Primal, Xande decided that the whole world needed to burn instead. They could use magic, there's plenty of evidence for that, so an inability to work magic is not the cause. And Dragons, which aren't even apparently FROM THIS PLANET can summon a Primal...

Summoners were their attempt to fight fire with fire. All of their summoners went mad with power and basically made Summoning illegal.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Sentient Data posted:

The proc is from the new ammo type (ability? No clue if they're consumable items) called Volatile Ammo which has a 50% chance for your next attack to crit, a 20% chance to make your next attack an aoe with a range of 10 yards, or a 30% chance for the misfire which deals the full damage to yourself, undodgable

This wouldn't be too bad because Machinist deals no damage.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
:qq: people arent spending their time in game grinding to endgame the way i would :qq:

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Espilae posted:

http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/06/29/final-fantasy-xiv-heavensward-review

This was posted before but every single comment on this review is negative, everybody is destroying this guy, and with good reason - what the hell did he expect? Although, what the hell did WE expect, it is IGN after all. As someone pointed out, even Kotaku can review better than this guy - and they're the ones who just this week posted an article complaining about the troubling social implications of a plot point that happens midway through Arkham Knight without seeing how it's resolved properly.

neat

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
yes wow is the bastion of new content

they recycled 17 existing dungeons in the latest patch, this is good wholesome content :yum:

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

vanbags posted:

You can't really blame them when a large chunk of their player base sits in a constant haze of nostalgia.

No WoW player can shut up about TBC or WotLK so why not just force that content back down their throats and call it a day?

Blizzard is a victim

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

bonewitch posted:

The final boss of Fractal is only hard if your tank is incapable of avoiding the bad poo poo on the ground or if the dps has a deathwish and keeps setting off landmines next to the group.

Even then its easy to oneshot.

the tank in question is swissarmydruid soooo

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
this one time in forge of souls someone told me my dps was bad on my petless hunter

i want dps meters removed from all video games

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Kwyndig posted:

What up poison forgetting buddy.

I'm against meters though, mostly because they don't actually fix the fundamental problem with bad DPS, which is either a refusal to learn how their abilities work or an inability to learn/keep up with mechanics. Just having a number doesn't tell anyway what's wrong, only that something is wrong.

just a cursory glance at data from act/recount/various dps meters gives you individual ability numbers and poo poo and you can immediately figure out what's wrong with someones dps if you're familiar with the class and help them

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
kinda mindboggling how people are saying bismark ex is a hard dps check when most of the people i know did it in a collection of vault/library gear

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Nobody gives a gently caress you goddamn primadonna.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

nuru posted:

Maybe I'm missing some next level poo poo here, but I have literally never seen a SMN use blizzard 2 outside of low level, and personally don't use it in my AOE rotation.

hmm, yes, this ability that outdamages ruin with 2 targets, and ruin iii with three targets, this is useless garbage that i should never use in aoe situations

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

nuru posted:

personally don't use it in my AOE rotation.

??????

"i personally don't do good dps"

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
stop talking about smn then???

like you're being flat out wrong and misinformation really sucks

in an aoe situation you're already in the pack because you're using miasma ii and everything you listed is offgcd so i have no idea what you're talking about

e: also if you're using tridisaster on trash you should have garuda out and be using contagion so you use bane even less this is all wrong stop

Doublestep fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jul 6, 2015

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

kirbysuperstar posted:

That is a loving shameful summoner.

add his pet into his parse retard, he's doing 793

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

MohShuvuu posted:

793 at 5 minutes still isn't very good.

i mean yeah but that entire group's dps is pretty low

also ravana is horrid on smns

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
i like thing

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Begemot posted:

I bet it has something to do with the Warrior of Darkness, given that all the other named ascians are dead at this point. I bet his betrayal is that he ends up helping them get to Eorzea or something.

That reminds me, it was weird how it was never explained what they were intending to do in Azys Lla. I guess the only reason the elf pope wanted to go there was to go along with the ascians until he could catch them off guard, since he totally had everything he needed to turn into King Thordan before leaving Ishgard. But they never explained what they were intending to do with the singularity reactor, did they?

Maybe it involved the warring triad and thus be the story for the FF6 24-man. That would make sense.

Thordan needed to go to Azys Lla to use the aether in its reactor to become a primal. There was infinitely more aether in that reactor than any kind of crystals could amass, and he had the Heavens' Ward bring the Eye to give him even more power. The consumption of Lahabrea was just icing on the cake. (And kind of a 'hey, we can kill Ascians way better than you, idiot WoL' arm flex)

I don't know where the Heavens' Ward were getting the power to go Knights of the Round before Azys Lla though. Maybe the Eye?

vanbags posted:

This seems accurate. There's a lot of people who just loathe PvP in general and will take every opportunity to tell you how it doesn't have a place in their MMO.

The few Frontlines I've managed to sneak into were loads of fun and a nice break from running all over the place to finish up my MSQ. I don't think you can really discuss balancing until you get into competitive small-scale arenas and Wolves' Den queues seem even more non-existent than Frontline queues.

No one really has a reasonable answer for why it's bad, they just say it's bad. With the GCD in this game and lack of crowd control compared to other MMOs it seems like this game would be more inviting to new PvPers.

I suspect the same people who think DPS analysis is cancerous are the same people who tell you an active PvP community will ruin the game.

The reason pvp is 'bad' is because it's split by GCs, which is horrible to balance from a population perspective and it breaks up friends that may be in different GCs for different reasons. Also swapping completely obliterates your PvP ranking so like, if you're invested into a GC, you don't want to swap because you lose all of your gear.

Hopefully this new Frontline coming in two weeks fixes this. Honestly, doing a 3 team or 4 team Frontline with players randomly being assigned to Ishgard Houses would be the best, but I have no idea if they're actually going to do this.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
*cries about people posting spoiler text on SA instead of ffgoons*
*starts spoilertexting poo poo that hasn't happened in the video game*

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Kitfox88 posted:

I'm pretty sure it's the Snow coat from the FFXIII events.

Also I love when I see people with the SOLDIER OF FORTUNE tag who aren't in any FC. :allears:

It looks like they're in a duty and duties don't display FC tags soooo

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
If you arent an idiot you can put a half second delay on the message on a provoke macro so you can spam it and not flood chat

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
It's okay, once Gaga finally finds that one true tank that can communicate telepathically they will shoot up to be the world's best tanking duo

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I mean when the highest content you've completed is Research Facility i guess you can go by that but generally in big boy content the fights are too visually cluttered to stare for a tiny effect instead of using a macro or saying something over ye olde mumble

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

EponymousMrYar posted:

"SIT-NERS WILL BE PURGED"

you loving what

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
what other dialogue does the strange lipstick wearing elf man say :allears:

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Cuties is a great fc if you have crippling depression or an addiction for bridgeburning

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Why haven't you been on steam in 2 days

people keep trying to get me to join csgo/dota and i dont wanna

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Renegret posted:

It's okay not not be the best at your job.

no

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm a clicker and compete for top DPS in my static.

that speaks volumes about your static

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

GaylordButts posted:

This game has like a 2.5s Global CoolDown. Clicking will make you bad in WoW or something like Tera that moves faster, but you shouldn't have a ton of trouble in FFXIV unless you can't find your buttons either. As long as you're close to hitting the GCD refreshes you're fine.

stop it

• Locked thread