Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farg
Nov 19, 2013
the average is actually 2/10 so you are contributing the 7.9, consider that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I also confused aqua polis with the POTD at some point and stop being hyped for it, but now I have rehyped

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I highly recommend everyone do the post-end of patch side quest, unless you are the kind of person that skips cutscenes

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
so according to interview with yoshi 4.X will maintain the sort of update cadence we have now, but with more "everybody" type content on even patches

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

I haven't been playing recently but I feel like it gets updated pretty frequently with significant content. Like, new dungeons and MSQs and stuff. That's really heartening news.

People bitching on reddit and bluegartr and other bastions of sanity because they want something "different" and don't want to "buy ARR again". What they want different from frequent large content updates catering to all play styles, idk

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

khy posted:

I wish this wasn't a monthly sub. That's really the only reason I don't play. I tried it and it was fun, but not $10+ a month fun.

I'd easily play and enjoy the hell out of it GW2 style 'buy once play until servers die'.

there are games like that but they ain't getting the updates a game like this gets

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Xenoveritas posted:

GW2 updates every two weeks.

Although until recently they were then removing content that was more than four weeks old, because ... uh ... who even knows.

Tiny little lovely droplets of bad content

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Bobfly posted:

This may be slightly off topic, but I've heard it said that FF14 doesn't hit quite the same highs as WoW. Now, I thought the 3.0 and 3.3 finales were insanely good, so I'm very curious to see what WoW did better. What do you all think?

E:

They could do with increasing quest xp in HW enough to let you hit 60 just doing the story.

If you mean like, story content, wow doesn't really have that outside of like a cutscene at the end of a raid where an npc beats the boss and gives a speech

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
just imagine ff14 if after every major encounter minifillia showed up to take the killing blow then everyone talked about how cool she was

And also if we fought Bahamut again in 4.3

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Also like, you know how you are the Warrior of Light and supremely plot critical and people give a poo poo and respect you? What if you were just "brave member of the scions" and no one acknowledged the poo poo you did

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Just wait for 6.5 when the WOL gets fed up with being used and manipulated and shouts NOOOOOOOOOOOOO while shattering hydaelyn

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Are we allowed to sponsor non-goon friends who are certifiably solid dudes and not weirdos?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
hes kinda weird

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Yoshida: I think that's still a possibility. Something like "Miqo'te lessons," and create some space in Idyllshire that only players with VR can enter, and have some kind of Miqo'te paradise. That might be interesting.

:greenangel:

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

If it's even remotely thematically related to the other dragon fight/default flying mount themes then I'm probably gonna pretty much lose my poo poo

Given that it's Nidhogg I figure my odds of poo poo-losing are pretty high!

remember the heavensward cgi trailer?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

If it's even remotely thematically related to the other dragon fight/default flying mount themes then I'm probably gonna pretty much lose my poo poo

Given that it's Nidhogg I figure my odds of poo poo-losing are pretty high!

remember the heavensward cgi trailer?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I'm getting every UID I have up to 10 before going further just in case they nerf the step in the next patch

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I pray for the laid back comfort of the umbrite step. I'm like 25/80 in UID
What are the chances of being able to get UIDs from POTD, or even a nerf?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

Right now the fastest non-grind way of doing unid is beast tribe quests, Moogle in particular (at rank 7+ you get 3 kupo nuts a quest and it's 18 an unid).

ive basically just been doing moogle every day (im sworn so thats 3.5 a week), expert and trial roulette and whatever other random stuff I do. If I was better about my roulettes and doing other beast tribes it would probably be quicker

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
yeah but good

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
yes, relic materials

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Are machinists still like, bottom of the barrel dps wise? They look rad as hell and I love the aesthetics of the class and a lot of fate grinding is in my future anyways so

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Dang I'm really hyped to play MCH and make my perfect cowboy glamour and raid in 3.4

Can I go from 30-60 in 3 days

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Burger McAngus posted:

Last time I checked fracture was a dps loss on DRG

IT BEGINS

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Einstein is an alright guy and I like the way he and nidhogg paralleled each other

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
nidhogg is a nice guy if you get to know him

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I got like 4 MCH levels getting all my minion medals today

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
thanks to yokai watch i have 100 minions and i'm the minion master!!! thanks yokai!!!

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
is there a good guide on setting up ACT and the rainbowmage overlay? I would love an ingame parser but I'm fuckin' clueless and what I can find is a year+ out of date

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Fun thing to do: go to a random neighborhood and walk around and chat people up and meet folk. I met a nice lalafell and we showed off our minions and chatted about our day and she showed me her house. It was very pleasant and I made a new friend. Much more productive than a roulette!

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Well, he saved three minutes so looks like he was right

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
yeah those posts are ruining the game

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i mean you got omega weapon, WOD, ala mhigo, nonstop uldahn political fuckery, ascians, the possibility that the WOL is becoming a primal, various strifes the scions are undergoing

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
WOD is the WOL from one of the other 14 fractured dimensions of whatever and he's who we see in the cgi cutscenes and he went through almost the same poo poo we did but got hosed over by hydaelyn and switched teams

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
ACTUALLY we will discard the title of warrior of light and become the warrior of hope

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i'm at 15 of each UID, you guys think the smart bet is to stop spending tomes on those and start stockpiling umbrite and getting my 5th aether oil?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
It's weird set of 24 mans because VA is easily the worst one and WC is probably the best in terms of bosses. I think WOD still wins for aesthetic and music though

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
It's weird set of 24 mans because VA is easily the worst one and WC is probably the best in terms of bosses. I think WOD still wins for aesthetic and music though

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Did you attack from the north

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Dang I almost feel cheated for getting to all 15x for the UId step. Then again it kept me playing and I got a good chunk of umbrite near the step. I'll probably get the lore i240 first now though!

• Locked thread