Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I just want a single place to see the downloads / likes / uses for all my tunes. Why is that so hard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Can I tell which of my tunes are popular without loading each car? I'm raking in the cash but only know I'm really making money in class R.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I get tonnes of downloads and uses but maybe 10-15% of those translate into likes outside of class R.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
How does league progression work? I'm placing steadily better but I keep bouncing between Enthusiast and Grassroots. It would be nice to make it to Professional in the contact league to see if people drive with some goddamn respect.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I won't lie: If someone is particularly bad I'll find a way to wreck them if it takes me the rest of the week. Someone hit me so hard Monday in Endurance Prototype league my car did a minor gymnastics routine, and I managed to PIT him on Indy in the last race before the league closed.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I drive nothing but cockpit but backed off no HUD when I saw the inside of some of the prototype cars.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

I said come in! posted:

No HUD is the way to go.

I forgot to mention the utter impossibility of seeing the brake line under a dozen ghost cars and how useful the track map becomes when that happens.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
When I drive cars ranging from D to X in a single night it gets really hard to know my stopping distances. It also helps me judge tunes i.e. whether I really need race tires.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I find it's pretty liberal in spots but I know when yellow is only a polite suggestion and red is far too late.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I tried using my Elite for paddle shifting but ended up switching back to face buttons because I don't need to both downshift and check my blind spot at the same time. Still the best controller ever made and it came with my console so that's by far the best bundle. Forza 6 has been 99% of my XBox gaming time since I own a PC but the Elite also works with Windows 10.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
What's the game's justification for clutch shifting being faster on vehicles that have electronic clutches / semi-automatic transmissions and the like? I realize the added difficulty is supposed to be rewarded but if you tried to manually shift on a P1 the engine would explode.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
ABS is such a bad joke in this game. I know there's more computing power in your average set of driving assists than an XBox is going to be able to provide while doing everything else in the game at 60fps, but it really shouldn't be that hard to make braking perform better than 99% of humans are capable of let alone me after five minutes of practice. That's not even considering what manual braking lets you do if you end up on loose ground.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Apr 4, 2016

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

I said come in! posted:

I want to say that will improve now that Forza is supposedly going to Windows 10, but it's gonna be on the Windows Store and not Steam, so the effort is wasted.

The Windows Store has the potential to be the best thing to happen to PC gaming in awhile. Properly sandboxed games that are buy-once play-anywhere could be huge, but even if that doesn't take off I'd still be glad to never see Punkbuster again. Steam hasn't done anything that hasn't been replicated by Origin and GOG by now.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Meh. Supercars are boring,
Pfft, says you. I like them as long as there's room for creativity in tuning them up to 900.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Just a heads up, this pack is not apart of the Season Pass. I thought it would be, I was clearly not paying attention. It cost $7.
Yeah I found this out too. The FXX is P class and that's basically a catch-all for so many disparate cars (I swear the difference between 930 and 970 an 999 is exponential). Not sure I'll buy this one.

Cubey posted:

Modern supercars just hold zero appeal to me. I really can't even force myself to like their styling at all. Factor in that they are so reliant on computerized things that Forza does not model at all, and yeah, no thanks. Give me an F40 over any supercar made in the last twenty years.
The F40 was actually the go-to car last time I raced S Early Supercars even though I alternated between the F1 and F1 GT. R and P are still entirely driveable with nothing but TCS since controller steering is adding a lot of those supercar assists back in.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 5, 2016

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I maxed out my Hennesey affinity and started messing around with the other hypercars (TCS only) and they all feel very different. Oddly enough my favourite was probably the Veneno even though I still made a mistake at the very end of Seabring that cost me the podium. Maybe it's because my tune was still fast while being a world easier to control than a 9.9/6.4/9.4/6.3 Venom. The Lambo AWD also helps keep the end from fishing out like the Lykan and Huayra.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
It's also a fairly pointless car. Insane speed for S class but you basically need to run Old Mulsanne in order to hit it. Not much in the way of tuning options aside from weight and tires and the racing weight reduction alone puts it into low-end R.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The Venom is only 40km/h slower than the fastest ship in the original F-Zero (unboosted of course).

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Why have the contact leagues sucked so much this month? Two spec leagues in a row following IndyCar. Meanwhile Ghost league is E class this week so you don't even get to ram everyone's lovely cars. I want them to do something like "car must start in D class but the league class is S".

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Any idea why contact league has been spec for three weeks in a row? My favourite part of leagues is tuning for something and at this rate they're going to make the next one Formula E to really cement the boredom.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Ahahaha can you even drive Boneshaker from cockpit view?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
It's a shame VIR isn't one of those DLCs where you can race it if the league lands on it but not host it on your own. Leagues need more track variety; I already feel like Monza full is some kind of rare treat whereas in contact leagues the lobby empties like it's on fire every time it loads Nurburgring night/rain.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The new update has literally everything I wanted besides a single place to see the stats on all my shared tunes. This week's leagues either force you to tune up two classes or let you bring anything you want that can make 601-700. Great week for Forza!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Ether Frenzy posted:

and download Windows via a torrent instead of paying for a licence,
:lol: Guess how much money it's worth to not run shady Chinese bootloaders?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
After the bullshit that was the race weight reduction mod on the One:1 I can't wait to see the transmission mods for the Regera :pseudo:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
It feels so different from 6 that I feel like I won't be able to drive on a track when 7 comes out.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
In my mad dash to finally finish the FM6 campaign before this releases one of the motors in my Elite breaks and makes Horizon 3 almost a $200 purchase. gently caress all luck.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The Ford GT Horizon Edition is literally off the charts and I am never selling it.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The only downside to this game has been making me realize how much worse my PC monitors colour is compared to my ~6 years younger TV.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

I AM THE TOILET posted:

edit2: Anyone else having trouble getting Groove Music to work as an ingame radio station? I sat up the trial period, went into the app and selected a playlist, but FH3 keeps saying there's a network error when I turn to the Groove radio station, and that I need to check my connections. Obviously not having any network issues as I can still play online. I quit both the Groove app and FH3, and rebooted the game, but the error persists.
I've been having the same issue as a longtime Groove subscriber because Live is getting loving slammed by all the people playing this game.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
OneDrive integration alone is enough reason to pay for Groove. It's a great service and now has the best soundtrack integration since WipEout HD (disclaimer: I never owned a 360).

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Ok I give up; can someone please explain how I'm supposed to drift through challenge zones? My drifting ability consists of taking an AWD down the highway and throwing it sideways with the e-brake, but while that can net you 40k+ points it can only do so in a straight line.

great Public Enemy reference

WMain00 posted:

I bought a Humvee and...er...
Look for "SHODAN 0x47" and download the S-class tune, though their Vandura and Willby tunes are better.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Presented without comment because I feel a pissing match about to start

I made mine chrome because this game doesn't have my UFO Beetle but that's way better.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
When did they say the HE cars were rolling over? I didn't see anything in-game. Doesn't matter though I got my Ford GT and Jag F-Type and will probably sell the M3 to buy an F1 GT or something ridiculous.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
How in the gently caress are Sylvia K's '94s going for 1-2mil in featured auctions? All of them have the same lovely mass logo stamp paint job too. I have one so it can't be that rare.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
It was the Forzathon prize for doing something really simple though. Most of those auctions had no bids.

My Focus HE isn't moving at 500k despite having a 5-star / legendary tuner setup. Is it better to start around 200-300k and let people go nuts bidding? I sniped it for cheap but I've seen drift kill bonus cars go for above 1mil.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Also since the drivatars in this game aren't affected by physics like the player car I race one or two notches down from what I had in FM6.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Yeeeaaaaahhh BRZ HE for 535k. I feel like Valentine and Winthorpe.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
It helps if you bring up the menu with Y to bid rather than drill down to the showcase of each car. Made my strategy much easier, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Atmus posted:

Now that I've actually looked at it, I want to find out if the FH team actually tuned the 2017 Ford GT HE, or if they just guessed wildly at the settings.
Most of the upgrade presets are utter nonsense but the Ford GT HE is still one of my favourite cars if only for being one of the best Batmobile designs in awhile. God help you trying to launch it without TCS though.

• Locked thread