Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Badly want this game. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

Crowds are 3D this time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoYImduzOl4

Bunch of other new videos,

Ford GT and other info.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KmpzCtKJZs

How they add new cars to the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb7LPGE-B78

How they built the weather.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aEHfi4TgkA

How they've improved Drivatars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twI0RSVwnR0

I wish I hadn't watched this. Everything looks great and strengthens my resolve to get an Xbox One.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Forza and Gran Turismo both come pretty close to the kind of racing game I want, but Gran Turismo won't be on PS4 anytime soon. :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gran Turismo 6 lets you drive on the moon. For all of the great cars Forza has, it's still the same racing game you can play else where. Gran Turismo has been the only true standout racing sim with features and racing modes not found anywhere else, and its Vision Gran Turismo program, where Polyphony Digital works with car manufacturers to make up fantasy concept cars is really cool.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

30fps is fine in Horizon, because it's not a sim.

60fps in Motorsport is critical and it's the reason Forza is easily the best racing game on any console, because it maintains a 100% locked 60fps at all times, so your physics calculations (the portion where the tires meet the ground) is exactly consistent 100% of the time and is never affected by dipping shitshow frame drops due to overextending the engine to get in EVERY feature instead of just THE ONES THAT WORK.

I'm fine with Turn 10 ditching any feature that hurts the 60fps lock. Which is why there's no weather or time of day changes dynamically.

60fps uber alles.

We'll probably have to wait until the next Xbox to get all of the features we really want in Forza then.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mods are an awesome idea that change up the game a bit.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

Hey I might finally put some time into that copy of Horizon 1 I paid full price for three years ago!

Do it, won't take you long to get through the career. It's a well paced game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I'm going to play Devils Avocado here, I'm not sure if I like mods for multiplayer races, if they provide a specific advantage over another player that isn't done by like, tuning, wouldn't that be really frustrating?

E: Ninja edit, oh they aren't in MP, I think, ignore me!

Yes yes, they aren't allowed in multiplayer.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GutBomb posted:

I cleaned this up and made it easier to read. Complete as of today:

Even with stuff missing, this is a pro list of cars. I am in love with this. Turn-10 still crafts the best car list of any racing game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The race car hate in this thread is appalling.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

dirtyfrog posted:

Never pre-ordered a digital title on the bone before, do we get pre-loading? My internet is loving abysmally slow, and I will flat out kill myself if I have to sit and watch, what, 40+gb crawling down my Sky "broadband" on release day.

Pre-orders get to play a week early, so you'll be okay.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

HP Artsandcrafts posted:

1980 Subaru BRAT GL

:vince:

God drat this games car list is something else. :eyepop:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

I think giving early copies to prominent streamers is a decent strategy for getting the hype train going, but good lord try and find one, maybe two of them who actually know how to drive virtual race cars.

Microsoft, hook me up with an Xbone and Forza 6. I'll stream this game 24/7.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got an Xbox One as a gift, this system is garbage but I couldn't resist getting the ultimate edition of Forza 6. :kiddo: my screen name is still the same as back in the Forza 4 days, omgitsbees.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's discouraging to get beat by an AI called Hump Dump.

[edit]
Why did Turn-10 change the single player into what it is now? It was perfect in FM4, this new single career is really bad.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Nov 14, 2015

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

It's okay, we know you're here because Gran Turismo has been a dumpster fire for a decade

You are a big meanie, but playing GT6 on PS3 was getting to be too much.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

I just keep my 360 around for College Slave Labor Football 2014, I feel your pain on that one. God I hope they find a way to make that BC on the XBone.

BC Forza 4 would be really nice, it should be doable because of the lack of officially licensed music. FM4's soundtrack is all made in-house at Turn-10. FM2 and 3 is never gonna happen though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FAILURE posted:

Perhaps, but Dirt 3 has officially licensed music and is available. There's not much point though in my opinion, Xbox One wheels don't work with Xbox 360 games in backwards compatibility.

Oooh right, I forgot about that. Yeah without 360 wheel support though, some of these games wouldn't be nearly as fun. Although I played Forza 4 exclusively with the gamepad.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

robotsinmyhead posted:

Sup homie. Glad to see you're done with the weeaboo console and GT5 :D

Gran Turismo Sport comes out early next year. :colbert:

Is there a way to stop Forza from giving me Drivatars without going offline? Even on the lowest difficulty setting the game keeps giving me one or two drivatars that are way beyond my skill level and that I cannot beat. If I go offline though then it reverts to normal in-game AI which becomes too easy even on the hardest settings. I still like the career better in Forza 4. :/ It was open and the AI was more balanced. This is a really weird new system T10 created.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Norns posted:

The problem is actually worse on lower difficulty settings

What setting would you recommend if I am a super scrub bad? I haven't played Forza since FM4 and this game is much more challenging but a lot more realistic. I love it a lot so far, just that career mode is weird, but the rest is rock solid.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

Suuuuure it does! :v:
Welcome back, ISCI!.

I think it's actually the beta test, so at least PD is being honest this time about the state of their releases. :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have the worse driver level spins of anyone in Forza 6.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

two_beer_bishes posted:

My last 20+ spins have been absolutely horse poo poo.

Okay you may actually have me beat then. What is the level cap? Do you get rewards every single level? In Forza 5 you could go up to level 999 but the rewards stopped at 150.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dan Greenawalt liked my comment on Twitter about Maple Valley being my favorite track in any racing game. :kiddo: Going to pretend this means Maple Valley DLC is coming to Forza 6, I really miss that track. :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Told ya'll Forza is realistic.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There will be new DLC next week?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really wish I was able to get the Forza 6 Xbox One Edition, I badly wanted that. I am tempted to get that controller.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

New DLC is out now
2015 Koenigsegg One:1
2016 Mercedes-AMG C 63 S Coupé
1990 Chevrolet #30 Douglas Shierson Racing Lola T90/00
1963 Ferrari 250LM
1988 Holden VL Commodore Group A SV
1991 Mazda #62 Mazda Motorsport RX-7
1958 Plymouth Fury

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

"Addressed issues that were causing Drivatar cars to dramatically pull away from the field during races"

Thank god, I can go back to playing the career mode now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

holocaust bloopers posted:

Someone please elaborate what the free play car class update actually does.

Please let me have my blessed GT3 only races.

It is exactly that. It breaks the cars down into classes like GT3, rally, indy, formula-1, Le Mans, etc.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No January DLC announcement?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't like fun things and want Turn-10 to stop jerking around and just release the car list for the month.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

The guy who lives on half-translated tweets of Ancient Feudal Japanese word riddles mixed with an overly large dose of wishful thinking around impossibly long bulletpointed lists of imaginary features that never materialize in the actual game is upset that Turn 10 is vague/cryptic for 4 days before actually releasing things on schedule.

lmao every single time I see you post you bring up stuff from over 5 years ago. Your life is really empty and lonely.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Endbuster posted:

I like the riddles. Turn 10 got a good hype game before release.

The riddles are fine I dont actually care.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

Dude if you didn't want your Gran Turismo cheerleading pointed out maybe you shouldn't have done it nonstop for the last 4 years and 6 months.

haha what? You're the only one that brings it up in every single racing thread. You're completely delusional and it makes up almost your entire post history.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

From this actual, same thread as the one we're currently discussing who's post history is full of lovely opinions

Hahah you are completely off your meds. You are so obsessed with me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GutBomb posted:

It's not just him, dude. You're generally regarded as "that guy who really talks about GT a lot, no matter what thread he's in."

I'm not the one that brought it up. I have no idea what you're talking about, absolutely nothing about this is true.

BCRock posted:

Seriously. Every time I see ISCI's name on the forum list I just assume it's going to be some retarded poo poo about GT.

Cubey's crazy and has a lot of terrible opinions on games, but at least he's not delusional about the GT series having been anything other than garbage since GT4, so he gets a pass from me on most of the other dumb poo poo he says.

Basically what I'm saying is try to be more like Cubey, ISCI.

That's great but I really don't care. I'm not going to change anything about myself just to please a random internet stranger.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jan 3, 2016

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

holocaust bloopers posted:

Porsche dlc any time soon?

A goon told me this was confirmed. It came after the season pass finished for Forza 4.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmao those clues were pointless. No one in the official Forza forum even came close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

geeves posted:

Everyone getting pissed off because they have to race to earn a unicorn car is the best thing T10 could have done.

I love this. Unicorns were one of the coolest things about Forza 4, it caused so much anger.

• Locked thread