Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Get Isolation, if you haven’t already. The entire game is :stonklol: levels of terror, except if you laugh too loud the alien will find you. Also, if one of the voices sounds familiar to you Marshal Waits was voiced by William Hope, aka LT Gorman :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

My vision for it is probably less hiding and more running, where the items you craft and discover slow it down rather than scare it away and the idea is to make it through to the next area/level (police station, factory, etc.) and you have to use the environment in clever ways. Maybe add a few vehicle chases to break things up a little.

Escalation. You disabled the T-800? Congrats, you’ve got a shape-shifting T-1000 on your tail now :getin:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Mister Speaker posted:

Shaw's caesarian section probably had me wincing the most out of everything in that film.

“C-section Cthulhu” wouldn’t be a bad username, but you’re right. That scene is gnarly, but still not as dark (literally or figuratively) as the maternity ward scene in AvP2.

That scene/idea was wasted in that movie :(

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Xenomrph posted:

In the expanded universe, it is - it’s just another form of reproduction. Egg-morphing and Queens aren’t mutually exclusive.

I’m not sure which one would be worse: a chestburster, or something akin to SCP 439 (the Bone Hive) that turns you into their queen-factory.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Xenomrph posted:

“Yeah, but secreted from what?”

Don’t touch nothin’.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Cessna posted:

Animals are pretty much extinct in Blade Runner.

So is Jonesy a real cat? Or a synthetic?

Nothing we ever build will be as malicious as the xenomorph, and when it saw Jonesy there was a real “game recognizes game” moment.

Jonesy is real, but (as an orange cat) had access to their one collective brain cell for FAR longer than any have before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Crosspost from the other Alien thread:

Icon Of Sin posted:

Y’all he put a loving xenomorph in this pic. Play with the brightness/exposure settings and it pops up.

AlienTheory posted a pic showing it, and I had to go check it.