Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Some Gunner info, gleaned from doing instances with Gunner Preview active and the training room. Guns, explosions, and a damage shield. Gunner is all about constantly switching the guncannon between three modes.

Using the main guncannon mode, the machine gun, builds up heat. When heat hits 100%, the machine gun's firing rate drops dramatically. Machine gun has a few AoE abilities (like sweeping fire for as long as you hold the button down), but its per-hit damage is the lowest.

Switching to plasma cannon mode and using its abilities consumes the heat generated by machine gun mode. Has some piercing and charged abilities.

Switching to rocket/mortar mode and its abilities consumes another resource, rockets/ammo. Rockets/ammo refills over time. Deals high damage and has multi-target homing rockets. You can not move when firing rockets, as the guncannon transforms into a fixed turret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Drop it on clothes like a normal person.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

WarLocke posted:

A pair of jeans at walmart?

I meant pixel clothes for your russiagame, but that works.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Drinkfist posted:

If anyone wanted any clarification on what I mean by insane survivability for the Necromancer let me sum it up.

You can also put down a totem/statue, and if you die while it is active (or activate the ability again?), you resurrect at it with the amount of health you had when you first created it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Yes. No more character wipes after OBT starts.

Changing class is as easy as opening your ability menu, hitting a class name and then hitting "change Class".

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

It wouldn't be too hard, but you would have to put a bit of time into each class.

Gear is weighted towards your current class, but you can find gear for all of your unlocked classes. All it would really take is running a dungeon or two, or killing a few open world bosses as a class to current weapon and off-hand. I almost completely ignored Lightbinder and Cryomancer, and still got enough gear to be productive when I switched to them for side quests that required it.

Every instance run will get you a box that contains a piece of gear, usually a weapon or off-hand. Amulets are less common, but still drop often enough that you don't have to worry about them.

The biggest time sink will be earning sparks for each class, but since you're also gaining sparks that can be used for the Upper Atlas and the basics for other classes, you won't really be holding your other classes back.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

lewtt posted:

If you zerg your prestige up you will have nobody to play with, because you can only do dungeons/pvp with people who are within 1000 prestige of you.

You can still do open areas, and the majority of dungeons are scaled for solo and 3man. The 5man dungeons have higher rewards, but can also crush your balls.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

LordSaturn posted:

This game looks cool as poo poo but I'm currently deep in FFXIV. Hopefully Skyforge will just be even cooler by the time I get around to it, and not be a howling wasteland of broken dreams.

Might be a good idea to at least create a character and finish the tutorial during the first week or so, since the progression cap increase is only counted for each week that you have an existing character on your account.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Xavier434 posted:

How many hours of playing this game per week does it take to hit the initial cap?

A lot, but you'll probably want your credit cap to grow as much as possible, regardless of how many hours you can put in. The caps on credits are the most limiting thing for progression, much later on. There are a lot of things you'll want to spend credits on later, like holy texts to upgrade your chapels when they start needing dozens per upgrade per chapel.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

All games need a butt slider for dudes and dudettes.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Obscurity posted:

Played a Lightbringer to Prestige 600~ and enough to unlock a couple abilities. It seems fun, but there seem to be a lot of missing features that I'm used to in most MMOs. No AH/Trading, no crafting? unless I just didn't get to it yet, no open world at least in early levels.

There's no crafting, no player markets. The "open world" is limited to specific large questing regions that are not instanced.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Tilda posted:

How is the PvP side of things?

It's arenas and the Pantheon War. It can also be hella unbalanced, as people will see when Slayers start showing up at higher prestige, unless they brought the nerf over early. Slayers can/could tag you with their DoT and then just run away while you bleed to death and their cooldown is lower than the debuff removers' cooldowns (and they had a talent that made it auto-refresh the DoT if the target hit 50% hp, TWICE), or they could just straight up one-shot you with a backstab setup. After the nerf, Slayers were still strong, but not brokenly so.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Roach Warehouse posted:

Do you get the ability to return to previous Regions at any point? I hate the idea of missing out on pretty-princessing, but I really don't want to grind out 1,500 mushrooms or whatever in one sitting.

You can go back to any region at any time. If you finish a region, then go back, the quest rewards will change, though. A lot will switch to give out the threads/fibers that you can use to buy more clothes, instead of sparks.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I wish they had different skins for the weapons.

Your weapon will change appearance as you reach higher prestige/upgrades, I don't know which exactly effects it. In the Russian version, I had seen 2 Paladin swords, 3 Cryo crystal holders, and 2 Lightbinder wands.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Unguided posted:

the upgraded dash is amazing

This being you hopping on your broomstick like a proper witch.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

No, regions never reset to normal sparks.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Tsurupettan posted:

Do you have to actually win those for like, the x2/x3 bonuses and poo poo? I won one FFA without realizing I was queueing into it and just avoided it because I'm lazy.

"Victory" for pvp x2/3 bonuses is simply staying around for the entire match. Actually winning just gets a better goodie bag.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

(edit) While I'm at it is this big sphere grid thing resettable or at least ultimately completely fillable?

You will fill out the entire thing if you play long enough.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Or just go to an open area and do a couple boss kill quests.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Zizi posted:

Note three: Witches have got some amazing sailor moon casting animation poo poo going on and it's glorious. 10/10 A++.

Finally got a Witch Promo mission, and it gives you the broom dash. It moves you SO FAR SO FAST and you leave a sparkly purple trail in your wake.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Paladin's talents are pretty silly in how much they improve your killing speed. All my normal attacks deal 220% damage and give a stacking move speed buff (30% max)? My last normal hit does 400% damage if the target is under 40% hp? Seal of Light does 215% damage to everything over 80% hp? 20% more damage for the first 12 seconds of a fight? A boss's first two bars might as well not exist, and after that I deal more damage just spamming left-click unless I have Impulse up.

Still slower than something like Berserker, but everything goes so much faster now.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

What prestige are you? I'd like to main Paladin because I think the combat is super fun and it seems like everyone else is going for other classes and well, someone has to tank right? I'd like to see your build thus far, but I'm not entirely sure how posting a build would even work since there are so many factors that go into building a class. :psyduck: Anyways, a bit of insight would be rad.

I'm at 2800. For my rings I've gone all-in with Strength/Luck. My upper atlas is just nodes on the auto-path to Witch. There's not much to it.

Talents: Rage of Light, Determination, Blame, Shattering Shield, Zeal, Shrine Protector. Gonna fit Luminance in there, once I get another slot.

Abilities are all the basic Paladin ones, but with Aegis of Light 2 and Holy Ground 2.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

What kind of nonsense is this? If they have 5000 working keys, then just put up 5000 keys for grabs. What's with this "You may or might not get a key, put in your email and see~ (*once per ip address)"?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

I only really use the Paladin ultimate on bosses that come surrounded by trash, i.e. the Darnic Village boss. Saves 3 button presses killing rats.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Already gone.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Well, they are all codes for the same items and premium time.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Just spent an hour and a half grinding through MSM as a necro with a pub group. End up getting stuck on the kraken boss, tank has trouble staying alive and I have to frantically improvise-tank for the group for half the fights. People start leaving, including the tank and support. We get new pubs, a cryo and a support. Cryo notices we have no tank and quickly suggests we kick the lower prestige guy (me). I'm kicked before I can blink.

Ask me how I feel about this game.

Is that kraken different from all the others? They have like one dangerous attack, the eel things, which instantly fall off you if you dash a single time.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

BexGu posted:

If going for Gunner, is it better to slowly work the north or south path?

Right-click the gunner node. Check the auto-path for any pink nodes. If there are no pink nodes, follow the auto-path.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

There's a post on the forums saying that turning Effect Sounds to zero stops a few massive FPS drops.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Free argents are a lot more useful than a couple hundred sparks.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Yes, that kind of dual spec. It lets you switch between the two without having to pay.

And other rewards from those events were an item that lets you have two active chapels in one province, and the absolute fastest mount in the game.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Russiagame has some pretty fun bugs.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Morglon posted:

To be fair it's both though. I'm still waiting to hear more from the guy fine tuning the jiggle physics. Still wondering if that's actually a thing.

It is when Witches are reporting their boob physics breaking and freezing their boobs pointing up at 45-degree angles.

https://na.portal.sf.my.com/comments/55ca9f5237989a2d6960e32e

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Eerkik posted:

Installed new card. This game is so much better when you're not at a constant 10-15fps with poo poo graphics. Now at a steady 50fps with everything on max. Lanber catacomb's final boss is a loving bitch, I was doing fine until she summoned all those adds :(. Doing this on impossible; not quite impossible but not easy. First time doing this mission anyway, but goddamn if I'm gonna do any difficulty but the hardest available (in other news 1700 prestige from all these rings)

Holy gently caress I must suck at this game. This is the first time I've had a hard time in any of the content but I'm getting my poo poo wreckedin. I do really good for awhile but the fight is so long, and if I gently caress up twice I die. Let the adds spawn? Dead as soon as they start attacking. Get hit by that blast? Dead pretty soon. This last time I was hiding behind a rock and still got hit by the blast. I can't tell if it'd be easier as dps or not. My shield is super loving helpful, paladin rocks but my dps is just loving awful and the fight is dragging on too long.

Pretty sure I'll kill this bitch this next time though

When she runs away from you and charges up, that means she's getting ready to spawn some bugs. When the tiny bugs fly away from her, find and destroy the glowing eggs to stop the spawn.

If you have it, use Aegis of Light if you're not sure about the rock you're hiding behind.

Lanber Catacombs is when the game first steps it up a notch.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Saxophone posted:

Are the weapon enhancers/boosters or whatever static? I've been improving one of them, but I wasn't sure if I should be or if I get new ones or what.

Yes, they are static. Everything you upgrade is permanent and applies to everything you ever put in that slot.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Yes, as long as you reconnect within about 15 minutes, all of your progress is saved.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

You won't be seeing those until 30k+ prestige.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

I made the mistake of getting the Paladin symbol before getting the rest of the stat nodes, so now I have to rely on Neddar and maybe PvP to fill them out as Paladin sparks are no longer dropping. :negative:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

a cat on an apple posted:

the god drat amazing speed-instance that is Saiban Archipelago.

Except for when that shitbag last boss spawns clones when it's two hits from dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Weekly.

• Locked thread