Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Mmm, smell that new thread smell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

If one was made I would play in it

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Guess who finally finished writing Persona mafia? :toot:

Thread'll go up Friday, I think

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Let's talk about weird names that run in your family. For example, on my mom's side of the family there's been a bunch of dudes named Maynard.

Probably the oddest name on my dad's side of the family is Thurman. Which imo is a loving awesome name but, like, as a middle name and not a first name maybe

if i ever have a son his middle name is probably gonna be Thurman

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I know I lurk a lot when I don't have things to say, or when I check the thread and someone's already said what I was thinking of saying. I feel like the attitude that if your thought isn't new and something nobody's said before then it's scummy "me-too"ing doesn't help that either

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Honestly it really does feel more volatile than it used to be sometimes re: negativity both in this thread and in games. Whether it actually IS or if it's just a shift in my perspective is up in the air though I guess

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Asiina posted:

Games are a total crapshoot. Some games are just SO ANGRY and others are perfectly pleasant, and that's with high amounts of content in both and even with the same posters in both.

Maybe I've just been unlucky with the games I've been joining? Like the one I'm in now is fine but the last, like, 5-10 before it were all pretty salt-encrusted

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I have had a very crappy and busy week. Someone give me tips on how to de-stress, please

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

RE: Football chat, at least you guys aren't Redskins fans. It's been a rough few years to be a fan of that team lately

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Signed up for the Secret Santa! :)

Books would probably be good, I always like having stuff to read, but anything would be lovely tbh. I think I'm gonna try and hand-make something for my santee this year, depending on who I get ofc

Hey that reminds me, wasn't there an SA mafia book club at one point? Whatever happened to that

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Asiina posted:

So I wanted to see a movie today and all my errands got done very early so I figure I could go to the 12:45 show instead of the 4pm but I'm in the theatre now and there is absolutely nobody here but employees and I'm feeling very awkward. Should I still go?

Yes. Go for it, movies when you're alone are super cool

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

quote this post with your Fantasy Class (e.g. ranger, barbarian, bard, witch) if you were the PC and I will tell you what NPC you actually are.

Rogue, emphasis on daggers

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Are there any big games going on right now? I finally got around to finishing Persona mafia but I don't want to step on any toes. If there's none going on it'll go up Friday

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Kashuno posted:

Anidav just opened a 25 player game, but I think that and Quantum Mafia are the only games running right now

Durr, I'm in that game I should've remembered that. Surprising that there's only two games going right now though

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Mmm, that's true. Maybe I'll throw up a smaller game and shelve Persona for after the holidays

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Hey I just put up a quick 13-player game over here, ya'll should sign up, the flavor is Darkest Dungeon

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Hey, there's still spots open in my Darkest Dungeon Mafia. Come sign up!!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Still need two more people for Darkest Dungeon Mafia!!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Captain Foo posted:

ok for my erlang mafia simulator i have figured out how to get it to generate me a list of ?GAMESIZE (currently set to 13) players, randomly assign town/scum, and give the starting attributes for all players: suspicion, stubborn, engagement.

I'm still a long way off from getting it to do anything, but baby steps. Quote this post if you're not already on the list and want to be in the players pool.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Seriously my game is only one person away from starting, come play it!!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Had to put a beloved childhood pet down this morning and I'm still very sad, can someone recommend me something happy to read or play

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

thank you both

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Got my SS PM :toot:

Already got an idea for the gift, can't wait to send it out

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

A trivia team sounds like fun

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

DuckHuntDog posted:

My 16 year old brother passed away this morning after a three and a half year battle with cancer. I want everyone to text or hug their siblings today.

I'm so sorry for your loss, DHD.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving mafia thread!

We're thinking about playing spyfall again in the mafia skype chat so if anyone wants to join in now's the time

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Bleh, sent out my secret santa gift a couple days back but it got return to sender'd. Gonna send it out again tomorrow or Friday, sorry santee!!!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

Sweet, page 555.

Thank you for the Secret Santa gift Chic Trombone! They are lovely books. And don't feel bad about the USPS's wrongdoing, you got me some cool stuff and I appreciate it.

I am glad you like them!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

also EEEEEEEEEEEECH at this avatar

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Grandicap posted:

Quick Mafia Thread, I am in dire need of advice.

Should I start Ben Roethlisberger @ Baltimore or Blake Bortles @ New Orleans?

And the other question of equal importance.

Should I start Aaron Rodgers @ Arizona or Kirk Cousins @ Philidelphia?

Help me mafia thread, you are my only hope.

I Believe in Kirk Cousins (kinda)

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Merry Christmas, Mafia thread! I hope everyone has a lovely day :)

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I'm snowed in at home today. Gonna make chili for dinner tonight I think, warm soup-type things are always great on snowy days

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

PBS Newshour posted:

This is an ok avatar

I'm happy for you

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Hi kash. How are you

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Kashuno posted:

p great. Life is good, although busy. How bout you?

Got a new job about a month and a half ago, enjoying it so far

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Quote this post and I'll tell you which banned customer from some london bar you are

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

SOOOO I'm (FINALLY) running Persona Mafia this upcoming weekend (gonna put it up Friday & take signups over the weekend) and I know I have ppl presigned but I completely forget who :saddowns:

If you were presigned for that please remind me

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

hello mafia thread, how is everyone's lives

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

MG3 posted:

Hi chic how're you?

i'm doing ok. Had some weird times irl recently, mom had cancer, stuff like that. but now it's mostly resolved and i'm trying to get back into stuff

like mafia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I made Penne with smoked italian sausage and a four cheese tomato cream sauce tonight thread