Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
My roommate is out of town visiting his family, and his dog is in the front yard slowly but surely trying to dig his way through the wall and into the house. He really does not like fireworks.

I'd let him in, but he's huge, not super friendly (although not a dick either), and I have guests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Okey then O_o

Hope everyone had a happy 4th unless you're a dirty foreigner or something

e: This thread was made on the 4th of July due to Canadian Insecurities About The Utter Superiority Of America Over Their Country

This thread was made on the 4th of July to celebrate my birthday. The fact that it also happens to be 'Murica's birthday is inconsequential. Asiina was celebrating my relatively recent entrance into the community.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

the fact that the core set is still incredibly useful after two(three?) years of datapacks is so impressive from a game design perspective.

also that you can buy every single netrunner card for less than the cost of a competitive magic deck.

I love netrunner, but there's no community for it here. I will be spending a lot of time on jinteki in the near future (like, tomorrow. Today is my Friday)

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

bowmore posted:

Anyone going to the San Diego comic con?

I'm going to PAX! That doesn't help you at all, I'm just really excited.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

This is Complete Bullshit is now open for signups. This is a closed set up game for 21 players, with quite a bit going on, to be discovered as play goes on. It should be a good time for all! If you want to play a game that's a little different, check it out.

Also, I just skipped a bunch of posts in the thread. How many?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I pretty much skipped Harvest Moon 64. I played the SNES game to death, and then the PS1 Harvest Moon to death.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

An excellent set of game soundtracks are the Ar Tonelico Hymnos albums. The base OSTs for the trilogy are ok, but the Hymnos albums are all beautiful. I don't have any idea how a game designer got the budget to do them, but they're lovely and amazing.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

CCKeane posted:

Does time stop at night this is important.

The SNES game was the only one that did that.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

JakeP posted:

No one said Megaman for best soundtrack....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFeL7kTw2CU

yall bad

Speaking of Megaman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcv6Z72nzR8

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm one of those people in the lovely situation of actually needing a combination of therapy and medication (and being able to afford neither), and I can absolutely agree that just selling pills to cure everything is...

This is more or less where I'm at, except probably not as severe. When I was younger my parents kept me in therapy whenever they could, but since I grew up I've been on my own, and unable to really afford any care at all. I've just tried to find ways to keep it together. I've almost lost my job a few times in recent years, but I was lucky enough to find employers who understood and were super patient with me until I got back into shape.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

There are a lot of games recruiting right now...

And you should ignore them all, and come play This is Complete Bullshit. We only need 8 players, not 10 like all the other games.

(Don't actually ignore those other games, play in them too!)

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asiina posted:

In other news, I need a replacement for my game.

I'll replace in.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

My game This is Complete Bullshit just needs 4 more players to get going. If it doesn't fill up by Monday, I'm starting it with whoever I've got, so this is your last chance to play a game that welcomes you posting the word "Bullshit" in every post. I promise it won't get old.

Also, I got INFP-T, so that's a thing.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

bowmore posted:

I don't think anyone has ever complimented me on my appearance apart from one girl who said she liked my hair that one time

Don't feel bad, the last time someone complimented me on my appearance it was a ploy; she really just wanted me to buy her a drink (as in, she wanted free alcohol. Not she was sincere and wanted to have a drink with me).

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

uranus posted:

bottle man you look reallly great in those tires ;)

For the longest time I thought it was a shell less zoidburg in those tires, and was very sad when I realized it wasn't

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Meinberg posted:

Is capps dead?

Yes: BK occasionally channels his ghost for us, though.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I need a replacement for my game. It's the middle of day 1, and deadline isn't until Wednesday, so you have time to catch up.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Magnus Gallant posted:

I agree. I had a Honda before, great cars.

8000 Honda matchbox cars?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Everyone come join Asiina's CYOR (no link because phone posting). You know it's a good game when we're halfway to a d1 turbo before the game has even started!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Opopanax posted:

I'm going to be announcing a roller derby game next month and I want to inject some "little known historical facts" and could use some help as its a double header and will run pretty long.
I'm looking for onion type stuff where it's obviously ridiculous but you still believe it for a few seconds.
Keane, I'm looking at you here.

I have so much fun writing stuff like that. A personal favorite (not mine, I saw it in a movie) : Jack the Ripper was actually... the Loch Ness Monster.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Teddy Roosevelt once arm wrestled a full grown grizzly bear and won. The bear was so ashamed he later committed suicide.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

:smith:

I need 3 replacements for chrononauts

Man, chrononauts is fun. Those people are losers.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

It looks like I need another replacement for Complete Bullshit. Deadline is tomorrow at noon PST, so you have a little time to get caught up before the end of day 1.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Kumbamontu posted:

lemme at em

Thanks, PM sent!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Quote this post and I will tell you what silly/stupid dinner order (that I've actually had someone order from me) you are.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Runaktla posted:

That's my poo poo if I'm not something spicy I may go postal.
You can be the time someone ordered the chipotle chicken stuffed jalapeno peppers then sent them back, pissed off because they were "too spicy". He bitched so much the waitress decided to give him free food, without asking management.

CCKeane posted:

I find this thrilling.
You are the ticket I got that said "Ribeye, midrare, double vegetables instead of starch SPECIAL REQUEST: No Gluten"

You are the exact same half chicken, with caramelized onions instead of lemon pepper sauce, ordered for the last 8 nights in a row, after we start closing.

Well, you should obviously be some sort of pork. But I can't think of a stupid pork order.

You are any one of the dozens of beef orders I've gotten that said "Medium well NO PINK"

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

BottleKnight posted:

Which part of this would be bad? I always order medium well but that's because I prefer the flavor, if there's a bit of pink I don't really care.

Medium well should have a small amount of pink, that's what it means.

Rare: Cool red center
Medium rare: warm red center
medium: no red, but pink all the way through.
medium well: small amount of pink, mostly grey
well done: grey

A lot of people (you included, so I guess I should have assigned this to you) assume medium well means all grey, and well done means to burn the poo poo out of it until it's a dry charcoal briquette.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

So it isn't bad (order meat however you want, I'm not one of those guys who gets pissy if you order anything but rare or medium rare), but that particular order isn't actually possible. People just use it because they either don't understand, or because they don't trust the cook not to burn the hell out of it if you order well done.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

You are the tomato basil pasta that was ordered no tomatoes. The guy just wanted basil and noodles, and was willing to pay $20 to get it.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Like... not even butter or anything? just straight noodles and basil leaves?

A little butter. Not too much.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I need another replacement for This is Complete Bullshit. It's becoming something of a habit.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

TMMadman posted:

And it's bullshit!

Good, I was hoping someone would say it.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Seriously though, someone replace in to This is Complete Bullshit. It's a fun game with fun people, and it's still early d2.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Thanks!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

narrow window buzzfeed - quote my post with a story involving plane travel and I will tell you who you are at the airport right now. closes in 30 minutes when my plane takes off and reopens for my hour layover in the morning.

When I was 12 or 13, I went to LA with my mother to go see Disney Land, and my carry on consisted of about 60lbs of assorted books, for a week long trip.

It weighed as much as all the rest of my luggage, and all of my brother's, combined.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Quidnose posted:

Is that link a virus, what is that

It's not just a virus, it's a people virus. Click it and you get SARs.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I set up a Netflix subscription last night. I have watched so much in the last 24 hours.

Help.

Check out Bojack Horseman, it's pretty great.

(I know it's the wrong kind of helping. If you wanted help stopping, I'm the wrong person)

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I've played Shadowrun (on the table and over skype), collected basically every rare NA released ps1 RPG (a rather specific catagory, but a lot of good ones), lots of D&D, MTG, netrunner, munchikin, assorted board games, and have written an FAQ for a fairly obscure roguelike on DS. It's on gamefaqs if you feel like hunting for further proof of my nerdness.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

This is Complete Bullshit has ended in a town victory, a color draw, and a Samfucius point win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

CCKeane posted:

Cat food is the best food IMO. It last forever.

That reminds me of Aqua teen