Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

CCKeane posted:

I LIKE SHAVING AND THE STOCK MARKET

I WENT TO STOCK MARKET TODAY. I DID A BUISNESS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

BottleKnight posted:

This happened recently at the very end of Hotline Mafia, which was pretty crazy! It was pretty much the only scenario where scum wouldn't win.

That was one of my proudest mafia moments.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Does anyone use the android awful app, and know how to clear PMs out of it? They're deleted in my actual box, so I can't read them, but the app insists that I should be able to.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Opopanax posted:

You shouldn't have such a hipster attitude about your kids name, assina. You should cram a bunch of comic book references in there like me!

When a friend of mine was picking baby names, they decided on Matilda Pixar Myers if they had a girl, or Michael Eastwood Myers for a boy.

He had a girl, and now I know someone with Pixar in their name.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

She was absolutely named after the studio

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

Hey I already need a replacement for my game! It just started last night.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3734881

I'll step in if you still need someone

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I'm never having kids, so my dog bore the brunt of my not taking names seriously. He's Dread Pirate Roberts. I think it runs in the family because my sisters dog is Professor Sockington. If I got another dog I would call it The Six Fingered Man.

I named cat Anna-of-the-Shadows, because I have played Planescape Torment so many times... maybe I should run a planescape mafia...

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I'm going to PAX next weekend, but after that I probably will. Now that the idea is in my head I'm really interested

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

I'd say don't eat the rich but peasants are revolting so I understand.

on phone so I can't om easily but MITHRISS you still up for replacing? (100yrs you too).

I am, just send me things and I will go call everyone a liar.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Magnus Gallant posted:

A record for what? Fewest brain cells in a brain?

I'd guess most Day 1 lynches.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I've been told repeatedly I need to start watching Steven Universe and Rick and Morty. They're both in "queue limbo" where I always mean to start watching them, but haven't ever gotten around to getting the episodes to watch, instead just rewatching shows I've seen before on netflix, because it's convenient.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Kleedrac posted:

I was told similar - Rick & Morty didn't appeal to me and I gave up on it after 4 episodes. I haven't bothered with Steven Universe yet because it seems to be the same crowd who said Adventure Time was good - I guess I just don't do enough drugs for that poo poo.

I like adventure time, but not enough to stay current all the time. My prefered Adventure time schedule is "Ignore the show for a couple months; marathon; repeat" Then again I'm 30 going on 7, so the show is basically designed for me.

I caught the newest episode of rick and morty while I was limited to hotel tv in seattle. I liked it, but still haven't picked up the series.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asiina posted:

Hey everyone what was the first game of mafia you modded and how did you completely gently caress it up?

I had a game that was far too large for the few power roles I had, so if windshipper didn't come in and windy it up it would have been completely dead. I also answered a question from a player in the thread that basically mod confirmed him as town, which is why I now have the caveat in my rules that I don't say anything in thread after the game starts.

Earthboundfia, and steakgate. Where my "nothing happened" pm nearly broke the game.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

So I'm thinking of modding my first game. Anyone around who wants to review my setup?

I'm around

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Mafia thread: stupid jerks keep coming in to the restaurant to eat dinner after the local HS football game. It's 11pm and they're drunk jerks and I just want to go home. Some of them are so drunk they're walking in our back door, clearly painted with our name on it, and asking if they're in the right building.

In summary, please smite them. Thanks!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Asiina posted:

My cat almost likes to play fetch. I'll throw his toy mouse and he'll bring it back to my feet and excitedly wait for me to throw it again.

Except half the time he forgets to bring it back and just comes back and waits.

My last cat did the same thing! Except she eventually learned to throw the toy mouse herself, and just started doing that instead. Throw it, run and grab it, bring it next to me, then throw it herself again.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Power of Pecota posted:

I had a bottle of $6 moscato and imitation crab sticks ~livin the dream~

Nothing wrong with $6 moscato!

Fake crab legs though...

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Power of Pecota posted:

My new apartment's stove is non-functional at the moment, so if I were to cook real crab it'd have to be microwaved

My current kitchen contains: a microwave, a toaster, and a tiny convection oven just exactly the size of a digorno pizza. A refrigerator, and a sink. No stove or full oven.

...and I'm a cook for a living. It's a little shameful, to be honest

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Mithross posted:

I named cat Anna-of-the-Shadows, because I have played Planescape Torment so many times... maybe I should run a planescape mafia...

I am doing this thing I said I should do here.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I get three days of winter, with about a month and a half of autumn before, and a month or so of spring after. The rest of the time it is summer.

I'm currently saving to move north to the Seattle area in a couple of years. I can't stand California and it's sweltering hot bullshit anymore.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Also I desperately miss living near the ocean. I don't ever go to the beach or anything. I just like living near the ocean.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

everytime I see the name "matt" I think of strongbad going "MATT!!!"

this has been another cool story by ecco

Don't listen to cool stories by ecco. In fact, just don't listen to ecco

The last time I listened to Ecco I was up until 4:30am watching steven universe instead of sleeping.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Today's specials:
Grilled certified Angus beef flat iron steak with a red chili chimmichuri, shoestring potatoes, and seasonal vegetables

Pan seared pork tenderloin with a Chipotle pesto and mustard sauce, braised Brussel sprouts, and roasted baby potatoes

Penne pasta with a pork loin marsala sauce

...and I don't get to eat any of it.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

uranus posted:

chipotle is so 2005

I live in northern california, where it might as well be 2005

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

the only way to find friends' stages is through miiverse, there's no in-game way

because nintendo

I'm pretty sure the fine people at nintendo are still pretty sure the internet is just a fad, as they weren't the ones who invented it. So they use it, but don't want it to be integral to their games, because it could disappear at any time.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I just need three more players for Planescape Mafia. Come and play it!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Has anyone else listened to the Chrono Trigger arrange album? It's jazz influenced and really good if you are a massive nerd like I am.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm also considering running a WoW game and posting a thread linking to it in the WoW subforum. I'd run the game itself in the WoW subforum, but I don't think I'd be able to go without votefinder.

Or is it possible to use votefinder in a game in a different subforum?

When you go to add your game, you can manual add the url, instead of using the auto-search, right at the top of the page. That should work? I haven't ever actually tried it, but I don't see why it wouldn't.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Biggest Douche in the Universe. John Edwards has been dethroned (ok, he was dethroned awhile ago, but still...)

Mithross fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Sep 22, 2015

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

They usually have predictable names:

(show/hide) 00:32, 22 September 2015 JerilynNxf (Talk | contribs | block) New user account ‎
(show/hide) 10:54, 21 September 2015 LisaSummy2 (Talk | contribs | block) New user account ‎

Xythar got Lisa and I got Jerilyn.

quote:

05:47, 22 September 2015 Mithross (Talk | contribs) New user account ‎

Obviously either a spambot or some sort of undesirable jerk. Ban that guy.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Tomorrow morning at 8am we have flooring people coming to redo our bathroom, because we have great landlords. My roommate promised he'd have the old linoleum up before they came in.

I got home at 2am, and the loving linoleum is still on the floor, so now I get to go play with a knife.

Also, I need to remove all that old linoleum.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Linoleum removed. Murder of roommate delayed for sleep time.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I went in to work at 8am yesterday, and got home from work at 11:20pm. During that time I took three 15 minute breaks. No lunch or anything else. And I have to do it again today, and then again.

In fact, I'm pulling 8 thirteen to fifteen hour shifts in a row. My next paycheck will be very nice, if I actually have the energy left to deposit it.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

TMMadman posted:

Why would you ever agree to that kind of schedule?

The whole staff was already on six days a week, because we have been short a cook for about six months. And then one guy took his week long vacation.

I agreed because as much as I hate the schedule, I want the restaurant to continue to succeed. And if I don't work it, my boss/the owner will, and he's already on heart attack watch.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Yea, it isn't ideal (ok, it's moderately terrible), but I'm not an exempt employee, so I do at least get overtime for all this bullshit.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Meinberg posted:

If animals didn't want to be eaten, then why are they so tasty?

This always reminds me of my favorite Discworld moment.

Two wizards fighting some one of a kind beast:
"Sir, are you sure we have the right to kill that monster? It's the only one of its kind. Should we really drive it extinct?"

"If it's creator really wanted it to survive in the wild, he would have made it immune to fireballs."

The second wizard was not being sarcastic. He truly believed that.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I actually had this morning off (only two more double shifts!), and I used it to play The Beginner's Guide. I enjoyed it thoroughly, and may play it one more time, but probably never again after that. So roughly 7 hours total.

Now I'm going to do laundry and sleep, because I've got those two 15 hour days left.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Dear mafia thread,

I am still alive. Work has been stupid, lifr has been throwing me some big curveballs, and so I've been half heartedly following this thread, but neither signing up for or playing games, because I'm pretty ashamed of my nonparticipation in the last few games I signed up for. Nothing really bad has happened, just a lot of little things that have added up to no time/interest.

Tl;Dr I'm alive, I'm sorry I disappeared, and I still plan on existing again at some point in the near future

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Is there any interest in a soldiers game? I wrote up bloodborne mafia awhile back and had trouble getting the mechanics I wanted to work in a mafia setting, and it just occurred to me that a soldiers style game would be perfect.

I don't know how long it's been since the last one, hence the interest check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Podima posted:

Ecco and fits have expressed interest and/or plans to run soldiers games in the next few months, so there's competition!

I had planned on running a smallish soldiers game, rather than the 50ish players I usually see, so maybe I can still squeeze mine in.