Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kumbamontu posted:

i'm playing a dwarf prot warrior and it is hilarious what i can solo

i leveled just pulling as many things as i could at once and i never died aside from going afk or fat fingering heroic leap after i jumped off a cliff

same except I am play Vengeance DH so if i fall off a cliff I just glide to safety (though as a warrior if you time a heroic leap before you hit the ground it should mitigate all your fall damage)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Max posted:

Is that Cog Dis?

Nah our guild is called "WoW Guild" we arent the official goon guild of the server. I was in Cog Dis at a point, its ok

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

Hey Jake I play horde with my buddies on dragonblight but I'll make an alliance guy on sargeras and join your guild.

For sure, hit me up

Kumbamontu posted:

i have only done 3 or so dungeons so far and they've all been neat though i somehow accidentally skipped a boss in one of them

In that Thicket zone or whatever (third boss)? I skipped it the first time i tanked it then i DPSed it and that tank skipped it. Seems like a common thing

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Max posted:

Who should I hit up for an invite?

I think anyone in the guild can invite. I'll be on later.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

JakeP , making a guy on that server reminded me why I hate pvp servers.

The thing with Sargeras is it is like 99.99% alliance, so once you get to Legion content you won't see anymore horde, but in the older stuff that is Xrealm you will

I would just level in dungeons until at least MoP

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

today is r u ok? day in australia

so guys

¿ʞO ∩ ɹ

ya cuz im not in austrailia

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I too hate it when someone fixes a problem with an automation that simplifies a mundane tedious task

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
god drat millennials and their drat fangled "make everything easier" attitude

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Cellphones are the loving worst!!!! **begins tapping out morse code on my telegraph**

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

EccoRaven posted:

However again people played the game without it for a very long time and it wasn't the end of the world; quite the contrary.

This point makes no sense. People used to travel without automobiles for a very long time and it wasn't the end of the world

people lived without internet for a very long time and it wasn't the end of the world

people lived without electricity for very long time and it wasn't the end of the world

Just because things used to be a certain way and people were fine with it doesn't mean that people would still be happy with it if those things went awy

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

EccoRaven posted:

spending 3 to 5 minutes of your life compiling a votecount really is like living squalid in your own filth and dying of dysentery, you're right, this is a very appropriate comparison, shame on me.
It only takes 3-5 minutes of your life to dig a hole to poo poo in

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

EccoRaven posted:

I can still see your posts, so your hole must not have been very deep.

you werent supposed to get in the hole

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
She just has a problem with the justification you are using to back up why it is your preference because it is a logical falacy

kash's argument for it has merit

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

What if instead of votefinder everybody who ever played mafia was thrown in prison?

I think this is preferable in many ways.

Then one day in the future some dude will come up with a new way to play mafia that doesn't involve being in prison, and ecco can argue that "In my day everyone played mafia by being incarcerated and that worked so..."

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Spiros posted:

Why do you think Kashuno is an old time poster

He's super new 2 me

ya hes been here for like ~1 year?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Podima posted:

how loving much money do you spend on alt accounts/avs/namechanges, god drat

i never realized GG/AA was stuntastic

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Spiros posted:

Ah, well I would say the posters that were most fun to play mafia with played right around when I first started in 2012 or so. 2013 was okay and it has just kinda rolled downhill since. Golden Zucchini, Dhaes, winvirus, Ecco, Mills, fronz, Authorman, Auryn, yuming, Power of Pecota, Scientastic, KhyrosFinalCut, Deadbeat Dad, Barehanded Brother, wins2172 or whatever his numbers were, Ernie when he had his cool long name, Cordyceps, Brazen Apothecary...these were the people playing good mafia back in the day. People you could have long debates with, that didn't go ad hominem on the first possible opportunity, people who you had to actually convince. It was a different, better time. I don't play mafia today really because it grosses me out how low effort the game is these days. People don't post, people don't argue or even defend their votes or opinions, they just put them out there and shitpost all around them in lieu of content. It's gross.

not going to single them out but a lot of those players you posted were basically lovely lurkers who would fit right in with current mafia.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Stuntastic posted:

no to the first, yes to the second

oh lol thats weird. AA was using your avatar for a few months

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Spiros posted:

Well, that is how it is nowadays. It's different when making large cases is common and people are willing to address what you said without calling you a retard. It used to be less toxic, I feel. I won't pretend there weren't always people against effort, though! That was wv's MO.

Sure, wv + fronz + dbd + brazen all lurked but they made up for it with funny or good posts

dhaes and BHB too, but yeah I agree, and enjoyed all of them

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Spiros posted:

Also the only people who can speak with, uh, "authority" on mafia that are still around are unfortunately Ecco, Keane, Busb, maybe Windshipper.

how am I not on that list

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Spiros posted:

Neither of us is qualified and basically nobody who has posted after us either

I started playing here years before you, when you were first starting I was making a comeback

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Spiros posted:

When was your first game

im looking for it, it was a GBS xmen game

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3068449

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

This conversation is seconds away from being a regdate penis measuring contest.

I just want proper tribute paid to me as a mafia elder

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i like jakep despite being apparently exceptionaly old cuz he has a nice avatar even though im still bemused by how many town-on-town mislynches he drove in my everyones a cop game

People showed me too much respect in that game iguess

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

Jake is unironically the best mafia player here by a wide margin.

ever since Merk left I agree

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kumbamontu posted:

i've been here for 4.5 years and holy poo poo it does not feel that long

my first game was this beauty by a time traveling retro futurist

I recognize like 3 players in that game

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
y'all weren't wild or crazy enough

and i mean its not like town deserved to win that game or something, out side of the scum that was lynched day 1 (that I pushed hard for) I NKed every other scum

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
third level is the worst

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

For some reason that thing I talked about earlier with not having to beat all the enemies doesn't seem to apply here

I might have been thinking 4th level, whatever one the haunted house is

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i didnt get the memo that my boss wasn't gonna be in today, and I stupidly showed up to work like a rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Hey everyone! I know I haven't been around for a while, but I have some news that I want to share with you all. I am a dad now!

Maybe one day I will have time to get back into a mafia game or two, but I haven't been able to commit the time that I would need to be able to play a game to my standard of play. Still I was a part of this community for a long time, and felt compelled to tell you all (and everyone else I have ever met lol). Hope everyone else is doing well!