Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

A reminder that these things are perfect for putting individual character sets in (cards, tokens, standup):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002TT3KM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

S.J. posted:

Do they work if the cards are sleeved?

Maybe! I'll dig some sleeves out and have a look.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

S.J. posted:

I'd be using ultra-pro pro-mattes, so it'd take up a little more space than penny sleeves. But I might buy a few just to try out and if it doesn't work they can definitely be used in other games.

Hmm... I'm going to say no, it's too tight. Just tried my AGoT cards in there and yeah that's very tight.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

But I don't have money/room/time for another gigantic Level99 game :( :( :(

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

How well does the game scale up/down in terms of player numbers? How long does it take to play?

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Andarel posted:

Four player game with all of us playing at as relaxed a pace as you're going to get was often ~2 hours including setup and teardown (both of which take a while because the stack is ginormous per the current rules). Two player game was closer to an hour and a quarter, but because each timed round is 25 minutes (20 minutes + reading cards + making packs) you can't get below that hour and a quarter mark. Tournaments are pretty quick because people know what they want, but some abilities can be a bit fiddly when they require naming cards or otherwise making decisions based on other people's boards.

Two player game is odd because collections work differently and there are less cards in play, but still pretty solid. Not really bad, though. Plays well at 3 and 4. Haven't played with 5 yet but the table space gets huge and I suspect tournaments start taking a bit longer than I'd like.

That's pretty good, although my group tends to add an excruciating amount of time to almost all games.

... No! I don't have room/time/money for this! :(

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Andarel posted:

Comparable. If you organize your spells efficiently, MB has maybe 20% more table space required than Argent in my experience.

Jesus. Sounds like we're talking a genuine competitor to Arkham Horror.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Yessss

They are great.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

They're streaming live at the moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8oH4dAnWHk

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

My copy of War and other bits and bobs is tied into my pledge for Pixel Tactics. Which was dumb on my part.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Thanks for bringing back horrible memories with that avatar of yours. :stonk:

There's a dog loose in the woods...

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I gotta say these reports of marked differences in the card backs for DoI and the various extended bits I have on order is really depressing. I don't want to have to sleeve my poo poo :(

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

The dungeon crawl thing is actually super fun and a great way to learn some of the stuff your character can pull off.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I don't post much in this thread but it's one of my favourites and one of the most chill threads on SA. So, a heartfelt condolences to Gutter Owl and I really hope things pick up.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Roluth posted:

Played Pixel Tactics Deluxe for the first time at a board game club. Took 2 hours to get 2 games done, and basically emptying both decks the second time. Won the second game because all my opponent's heroes were gone, and his leader had 0 attack. First impressions: this game can get really slow if both people keep throwing intercepts in front of their leaders. I kinda wish the game had some sort of mechanic to quickly end the game if one deck is empty. Is this a typical experience with Pixel Tactics? Are 4 or 5 better in this regard? Should I have just drafted in the first place?

Are you sure you played it right? Killing off intercept heroes is not difficult. Make sure you've understood the idea of who's in melee, that heroes only die (from damage rather than effects) at the end of the wave, and that they leave a corpse, and that you can't recruit a new hero into the free slot from hand unless it's that wave, etc.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Gutter Owl posted:

Some very important details from Brad in the comments:

• Trials will initiate the changeover from Dash to Dodge.
  • Trials will also implement a revised Force Gauge.
  • All the canon stretch-goal characters from the Deluxe tier (Merjoram, Andrus, Rheye, etc) will be tournament legal, and will be available at retail "in one form or another" after the Kickstarter.
  • The Deluxe box may also be available after the KS, though they're still sorting out pricing. The box will be cheaper through the KS than retail, though.

Other important facts
  • I am so poor right now.
  • Why did you do this Brad. Why now.
  • I thought you loved me.
  • If we reach 250K I may have to start selling my body

Just start a BCon tournament for cash money and clean up

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Millennium Blades reprint delayed till January now. Was supposed to be November.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

It will take them forever to develop it. There's so many different cards with different interactions and they're not very quick at this. Go for the physical version.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I also use those boxes, they're perfect for the job.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I watched a twitch stream of Brad playing Exceed against someone and after 20 minutes of virtually nothing happening I am none the wiser about how good this game I've backed might actually be. I like streamers who remember they have viewers...

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

In pixel tactics, I saw a card that said something like "they take 2 less damage from Attacks (min. 1)."

What does that mean exactly? That you take 2 less damage but will always take at minimum 1 damage, or that you will take 2 less damage from an attack or at least 1 less in the case that an attack only does 1 damage, or what?

The first one.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

PJOmega posted:

I've done enough package management to know why they didn't do this, but I really wish the Millennium Blades box was deep enough to hold some BCW cardboard boxes.

The inserts for both the core set and the expansion are irredeemable tho.

The licenced MDF box insert is an absolute godsend. Played it again today and shuddered at the idea of using anything else.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

My friend says it fits everything with room to spare.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Yeah, that looks as useful as the official insert which saves a heap of time. There's no getting round the fact that teardown is gong to take ages in this game.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

It aggravates me how hard it is to get friends to play Battlecon. It's easier to get them to play LCGs with me and they're not even particularly good at those or enjoy the process that much (and hate deckbuilding). Why! This makes no sense!

<looks mournfully at the complete set of Indines boxes>

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

This is also a problem in FGs - so much of playing the game well depends on being able to predict what the opponent is likely to do next and countering it, which isn't something you can do when the other side is so inexperienced that they have no idea what not to do and when not to do it. :v:

This is even more true for the card games I play but they seem to not struggle here. Battlecon is much better for giving you only a limited number of possibilities and telling you what all of them are.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

food court bailiff posted:

I opened it because of this post. Is MBL:Pocket Pro Tour just an entirely extraneous little bonus game? That's....awesome.

It's dreadful, mind

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I thought you needed to be a backer for that?

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Does that not require a ton more searching and shuffling of the store deck?

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I will never understand the shovel knight popularity.

I found Exceed (season 2) weirdly difficult to grok, though watching them play season 3 in a stream made it seem super straightforward. Maybe I'm just too used to BattleCON.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I am incredibly impatient for the Seventh Cross game. Bah.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

How is indines pronounced?
Ine-dinesh

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

This looks fun, but I'm not sure how happy I am with it being one of the new kickstarters that's essentially delaying Seventh Cross. I'm worried about that game.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

It doesn't even involve the same people.

Hmm no Brad has pretty explicitly said that Seventh Cross needs proper focused work and said that wouldn't happen until after the new kickstarters, of which this is one.

I just really would like to get SC before 2022 :(

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

Shipping and errata update:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/level99games/battlecon-unleashed-the-ultimate-battlecon-edition/posts/3011946

tl;dr the update where they said stuff was shipping? Nothing was shipping and most of it won't ship until the end of the month.

Also they're evaluating options for how they can do an errata pack to fix all the mistakes.

That is a laundry list of fuckups, jesus. They took their eye off the ball with this one.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Spoke to the guys handling fulfillment for the UK for BattleCON Unleashed and they hope to start shipping this month, but no promises.

Helpful bunch - lockdown meant I couldn't get it delivered to my work address any more and they were very easy to deal with.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Rumda posted:

them and Level 99 themselves were incredibly helpful when I realized the order would still be under my deadname a week or two back.

That's cool! And yeah, L99 replied to me on a Saturday which I was not expecting at all.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Yeah, taking it slow and doing it box by box is working okay for me so far. It's a strange feeling throwing away so many cards

Or, well, putting them to the side because throwing them away feels like asking for trouble at this stage

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Oh, I will once I'm happy I've not hosed up somewhere and put the wrong cards in the wrong place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I'm concerned that thanks to Brexit whoever they make this available to for printing is gonna end up with gigantic fees for us Brits