Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Fabricated posted:

the surface book has the least-bad non-Apple trackpad I've seen

yep

and it's still trash compared to a MacBook trackpad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

i've been down on apple lately for their middling updates and bugs but today i tried setting up a windows 10 PC for my daughter's first computer and it is so bad

the highlight for me was setting up a "child" account with parental controls. i thought it'd be nice since kids under 13 have better privacy protection, so even tho win10 is all about phoning home and sharing ad metrics, she'd be spared that garbage. nope, turns out the adult has to give permission to microsoft to track their child, and then microsoft requires you enter a valid credit card, which they proceed to charge $0.50 to in order to verify that you, the computer admin, are an adult, and thus legally capable of waiving the privacy rights of your kid. i know this is petty and spergy and the easy way is just lie and tell them the kid is >13 years old but gently caress it, i gave them an amex and i'll do a chargeback in a few days :angel:

why don't you love your child enough to get them a mac?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Cocoa Crispies posted:

it's not though

lightning male ends are just a flat piece, and female ends are holes with eight pins that protrude a tiny bit

usb-c male ends are a flat piece with an open hole and twenty-four pins in that little hole, and female ends are holes with a flat piece that has to perfectly nest inside the male piece's hole

send nudes

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

never

engage

with

a

stymie

you

fools

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

The Management posted:

how is this not an automatic probation?

weak, feckless mods in the pocket of big stymie. sad!

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

mishaq posted:

im surprised india is a big enough market for them to give enough of a poo poo to do that

most people in india cant afford an iphone, and apple only shipped 2.5 million iphones to india last year which is like 1% of global sales

has to be something more than that

presumably they want to manufacture them there in order to decrease the price of certain models in that market

iphone needful edition

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

wow, only 52 billion dollars in revenue, what a terrible quarter :jerking off motions:

ms does half that

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

i don't think how is right for me any more

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

stebe died of fruit rear end

mods?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

i got some airpods and they're really good

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

http://picturesofpeoplescanningqrcodes.tumblr.com/

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

exploded mummy posted:

just don't let it sleep because sleep is the cousin of death

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

iirc the pearl thing wasn't a memory leak, it was just incredibly dumb handling of running out of room for SMS. when device memory filled up for whatever reason, it would simply trash incoming messages with no alert or notification

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Rex-Goliath posted:

that explains a lot, actually. when i took it back to verizon the guy told me it was a memory leak and to restart the phone every couple of days. when that didn't work i just gave up and wiped the whole phone and the problem went away.

anyways you'll note that while apple makes fantastic hardware, their software

one of the most popular apps for blackberry os when they came up with an app store (and before that, even) was an app to simulate a battery pull and even run it on a schedule because bbos was loving poo poo

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

give me a good alternative to Dropbox and I'll switch in an Instant

hell i'll settle for something that keeps my onepassword vault synced and just use dropbox web

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

I liked the arkit demo that let people leave messages on houses and the ground and poo poo, fuckin dark souls style

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

ive never had a problem with apple maps

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

they’re going to replace the presentation tomorrow with a public trial and execution of the leakers

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

The Management posted:

In case you haven't noticed, everyone's been in full retard mode for months now

oh, only months?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

iPhone x gon give it to ya

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

infernal machines posted:

lol wtf?

open touch id and passcode in settings

wtf is that keypad that exists nowhere else in the os and looks nothing like anything else? this is some android level polish

that’s what that keypad looks like now, it shows up in other places

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

infernal machines posted:

not in the dialer, or the lock screen, which also both look different from eachother

so there's at least three distinct designs of keypad now

there’s always been a numeric keypad input element that didn’t look like the dialer or lock screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

[quote="“cinci zoo sniper”" post="“476721534”"]
is that a double zipper hoodie worn over hawaiian shirt???????
[/quote]

t-shirt but otherwise...

• Locked thread