Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

du -hast posted:

i still can't loving figure out what the apple watch is for. like what can you do with it. i am being serious. what else does it do?

smart watches are dumbwaiters for phones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

metro only looks decent on a phone sized screen

anything bigger and it looks awful

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

the 6s will be a success :)

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

the speed of safari has increased immensely from fast to ludicrously fast... praise tim for this great day

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

i was looking at them today and it seems apple have purged dedicated graphics from all imac models except for the 5k

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

i only drink piss and poo poo

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

quote:

Apple patent shows how it might lose the camera bump despite ever-thinner iPhones

While those of us who would happily trade thinner iPhones for better battery-life may be in the minority, even fans of ultra-thin phones expressed disappointment at the camera bump in the iPhone 6 and 6s. The problem Apple faced is that the laws of physics determine just how thin you can make a sensor and lens arrangement for any given aperture while retaining quality. But a patent application originally filed in 2013, continued last July and granted today could provide a solution.

Instead of the usual flat sensor, the patent describes a ‘spherically curved photosensor’ that would allow the distance between the lens elements and the sensor to be reduced, allowing for a thinner camera module …

The advent of small, mobile multipurpose devices such as smartphones and tablet or pad devices has resulted in a need for high-resolution, small form factor cameras for integration in the devices. However, due to limitations of conventional camera technology, conventional small cameras used in such devices tend to capture images at lower resolutions and/or with lower image quality than can be achieved with larger, higher quality cameras.

By making the sensor curved to match the spread of light from the lens array, it can be brought much closer to the rear lens element than would normally be possible. The patent references a similar technique employed in astronomical telescopes.

An image captured in this way would normally suffer from a form of distortion known as chromatic aberration, but Apple proposes an additional lens element to correct this.

😤😤😤

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

power botton posted:

skeumorphism of often used keys wearing down

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

hot and spicy computer, warms my mouth and my loins 😤

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

one camera is a good idea... but two cams is even better. i am personally holding out for three cams on the iphone 8. fingers crossed friends 😤

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

it's real and i'm posting from it right now

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Triglav posted:

i like them but not mail, weather, and game center

ios icons now have this weird thing that suggest different light angles and shapes. some icons have no gradient and suggest flatness. others have gradients that suggests convexity. others have gradients that suggest concavity.

i guess you have to gently caress up your icons a bit so third party ones don't look too out of place, but i wish things were all flat, or were all convex

i wonder who is responsible for this...

quote:

First of all, many of the new icons were primarily designed by members of Apple’s marketing and communications department, not the app design teams. From what we’ve heard, SVP of Design Jony Ive (also now Apple’s head of Human Interaction) brought the print and web marketing design team in to set the look and color palette of the stock app icons. They then handed those off to the app design teams who did their own work on the ‘interiors’, with those palettes as a guide.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

i don't care about anything at all

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

GameCube posted:

hey you early adopter beta fuckers. can iOS 10 set custom vibration patterns for individual apps, or are they still holding that back to try and make people use their locked-in iMessage bullshit. thanks in advance for answering my question, bitch

are you alright

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

he is really mad isn't he

• Locked thread