Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

cremnob posted:

how many companies will timb ruthlessly slay?

Poor Generation Mobile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Pissflaps posted:

what does this mean

It means "The ox is slow, but the earth is patient"

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Larry Parrish posted:

What does IBM actually do exactly

ride on the coat tails of its successes during the 50s, 60s and 70s.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

trilljester posted:

Installed 8.4.1, needs still being met. Thanks, timb.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Amethyst posted:

Hmmmm, try running skype on a more performant OS, maybe?

Unfortunately Amiga OS is dead

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I use an old Apple Pro USB keyboard as I prefer its layout compared to newer Apple keyboards.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

echinopsis posted:

lmao future proof on an apple device jesuschrist this forum comes up with some good jokes but wow

in two years it'll be considered as worthless as my current iPhone 4 is. which means of course it's totally fine to use but people will tell you it's a sack or poo poo and point to something called "progress" and "technologicL advmacement"

i wish you would get off your hobby horse about your iPhone 4. Yes, we know you have one, shut the gently caress up about it already

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

bobfather posted:

Can someone tell me. Do apps on the ATV 4 need to be purchased again if you already own them on iOS? Like, if I already own Transitor the game for iPad, do I have to shell out again for the ATV version, or is it basically just the same game on a different device?

stop being loving lazy and find your answer on Google FFS

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

DaNzA posted:

does osx have the same problem as windows where default hibernation and pagefile will take up as much storage as the memory size so you lose like 16gb to page files and another ~16gb to hibernation or around 32gb of total disk space instantly if you have 16gb of ram?

Not from what I have seen

Got a personal Mac laptop with 256GB SSD, got plenty of space even with two VMs on it

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

PleasureKevin posted:

this is a popular meme. it was originally about square-unix or maybe microsoft.

Nail on head. It was the Sony fanboys getting upset about one of the Final Fantasy games being ported to the Xbox 360

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

DuckConference posted:

firing all the devs and outsourcing it to China Jesus Christ

Really? Shiiiiiiiit. We use that a lot at work

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

eric posted:

I enjoy stux posts and that so many people :qq: over them.

same

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

THC posted:

what's wrong with Mail? they copied the swiping from Mailbox and you can even ask siri to "remind me about this tomorrow"

Mail.app is a loving pile of poo poo and I hate supporting staff members at my work who use it, that's why.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

infernal machines posted:

will do in a pinch

Got those, but no amp to connect them to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Looks more like an old Palm device or Apple Newton