Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

i'm gonna get me an iPhone 6s and ditch this Nexus 5 loser phone.

good choice, congrats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

i had a z3 compact briefly and yeah that hardware seemed to be pretty nice

the software (android itself, not sony's customizations) made me run screaming back to apple, though

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

lightning port in the pencil is kinda sorta dumb yeah, i guess the idea is you only need one kind of charger for everything

lightning port for the new tragic macpad, magic mouse, and the keyboard is just loving stupid, idgi, why not a usb type c connector?

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Linguica posted:

They should have at least made it shaped like an inkwell. Do I have to do everything around here jesus

what kind of pencil needs an inkwell

c'mon man

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

hmm

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MGQM2LL/A/iphone-6s-smart-battery-case-white

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

rofl

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

apple: best trackpads, worst mice

pcs: best mice, worst trackpads

they both have terrible keyboards, some are more terrible than others though. death to chiclet style

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Pissflaps posted:

but you can use any 'pc' mouse with your apple computer but you're stuck with whatever lovely trackpad your windows laptop was given

osx has weird mouse acceleration, thus pcs have the best mice

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

remember when everyone was guessing the ipad would cost $1000?

and then bam, $499 :allears:

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

*rummages around in dead meme thread*

long phone is long lol

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

i recently got a macbook air, 2015 so it came with capitan. that's basically my only osx experience, and so far so good

i also recently have been farting around with win10 and wow, phew, haha hoo-boy, wow

apple has a loooooong way to go before OSX is anywhere near as hosed up as windows. apple ain't perfect but the alternatives are worse

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Ludwig van Halen posted:

the only one of those that was proprietary was firewire

i believe you mean Sony® iLINK™

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

flux fanatics are still going to piss and moan because somehow someway nightshift won't be 100% exactly like flux

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

coke posted:

yeah you should actually find a 500mah/2.5W apple charger and charge your battery slowly to ensure the best battery lifespan

idea: sell lower power "slow" chargers to audiophiles for their pono players

charges batteries slowly so as not to disrupt the device's electromagnetic properties, and maintain electrical balance throughout the device's lifetime

$250 each, $375 and we'll include USB cable risers

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

SOMEONE GET MACHINA DYNAMICA ON THE LINE

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

DaNzA posted:

lol @ the sheeples paying almost $300 extra for a small bit more flash memory in their idevice

but you can upgrade it for few bucks + labor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bGb5AOwp44

:prepop:

im the cockroach @ 2:09

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

i installed chrome on my mba because amazon prime video only works in safari with silverlight, and hoo boy silverlight on mac lllllllllmmmmmaaaaaaaoooo

i was not aware that the mba's fan could spin that fast

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Perplx posted:

the macbook was updated to skylake and is now avaiable in rose gold

still no thunderbolt 3 or even usb 3.1 rev 2
still has a 480p camera lol

and still only a single usb port

they also made 8GB RAM standard on the 13" mba, no option for anything else. 11" still has 4 standard, option for 8.

lol if apple doesn't ditch the air this year and release a redesigned macbook, ultra-lol if they eventually just ditch the air and keep the macbook with its current gimped design. their hardware lineup is getting increasingly hosed.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i used to work with a guy who sincerely believed apple made a huge mistake in switching away from powerpc to intel.

he also was still buying amd chips as of a couple of years ago. i think he's just incredibly bitterly anti-intel.

well that and a huge goddamn loser too, for numerous other reasons

i bet he used the word "wintel " a lot

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

he claimed to have once owned a company that provided security guard services, but had to close it because insurance costs got too high. he also told me about how he used to work as a security guard himself, and on one occasion while patrolling an apartment complex parking lot, came upon someone drinking a beer at night in the lot; he chased him down on foot and slung his mag-lite at the guy's legs to bring him down.

hmmm

he also said he got fired from TSA.

yowza

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

triple sulk posted:

if they can the 3.5 jack and make the bump even more stupid my next phone is gonna be a nexus or windows phone

i'll probably get a used 6S and keep it until the heat death of the universe, at which time either apple will unfuck itself and have a good product again, or android will be usable

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Hemick posted:

clearly all of you "pro audio jack havers" have never had debris or liquid get in the audio jack or had their iPhone fall with headphones plugged in and gently caress it all kinds of up.

i have never had this problem with any phone or mp3 player i have ever owned. i have also never heard anyone say UGH, HEADPHONE JACK, THERE'S GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY!!

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Necc0 posted:

oh poo poo link

probably this or something similar. i just bought one yesterday, maybe will post trip report later?!

edit: beaten

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

apple has a lot of good products but itunes and music management on iOS devices is a big fuckin' ugly wart that needs to be addressed. itunes match and apple music do not accomplish this

they really need to ditch all the baggage from the ipod days

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

THC posted:

they kinda do solve it in that if you only use the music on apple music then you don't have to worry about managing it outside of "add to my music" or "download to device"

:a2m:

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

you need an adblock-block blocker

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

this current iteration of vr will be big compared to previous attempts, but it sure as poo poo won't be the earth-shattering revolution in gaming, media, EVERYTHING that over enthusiastic nerds claim it will be

at this point it is mostly a way for miserable gamers to purchase more poo poo in an attempt to validate their existence, to make themselves feel better by saying "i own something that you don't"

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

ios looks more dogshit than it used to, android looks less dogshit than it used to, winpho has always been dogshit

but ultimately they all currently look like dogshit

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

theflyingexecutive posted:

yeah let me just go on to the burden of proof store and pick up a big bag of burden of proof so you can have all the burden of proof you want. burden of proof for everyone!

why are you doing this

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

maniacdevnull posted:

Hewlett Mackard

[img-HP-ipod]

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Linguica posted:

the gently caress is this bullshit Apple

it's done that for years. i'm not quite sure why

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

quote:

HFS+ has been pulled in a bunch of competing directions with different forks for different devices (e.g. the iOS team created their own HFS variant, working so covertly that not even the Mac OS team knew)

this seems concerning

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

this would have been before the original iphone was ever released and broadsided the industry. I would not be surprised if steve told them to fork it and go nuts to avoid bringing other teams that might leak something

oh right yeah that would make more sense.

somehow i interpreted/assumed that the fork happened more recently (idk i have a cold and my brain is hosed up). if that were the case i'd be worried cuz man that sounds like straight up microsoft-grade inter-department backstabbing and mistrust.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

GameCube posted:

remember will.i.am's smartwatch? he'd rather you didn't

also his camera-case-whateverthefuck "foto sosho", featuring yospos favorite Chandra Rathakrishnan (earth dollars)

SO DEMANDING fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jul 14, 2016

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

triple sulk posted:

i bought a 6p

sulk making an expensive impulse buy? why i never.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

look under your chair...it's a dongle! apple gets a dongle! android gets a dongle! everyone gets a dongle!! :toot:

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

apple keeps making terrible hardware decisions. software is still ok, there have been some mistakes and fuckups but then you look at what's going on with windows and android and hoo boy are things hosed up there. maybe android will magically improve a huge amount but then the hardware side of things is a mess and now google is going to completely screw up the entire nexus concept.

i don't know anymore man. the inevitable mac upgrades should be a hoot, at least

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Perplx posted:

i'm predicting the next macbook will have 2 usb-c and and a lightning connector

macbook pro: godawful touchscreen strip replacing function-key row, painful macbook-style keyboard, 2 usb-c ports and absolutely nothing else, no discreet graphics options in any configuration, base configuration still 128GB

macbook: gets thunderbolt but still only 1 port. headphone port courageously removed

macbook air: :rip:

mac pro: :rip:

imac, mac mini: maybe a processor refresh but otherwise forgotten and unchanged for another year

the event these will be announced at will focus mostly on the apple tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

squidgee posted:

p much

I'd jump ship to android but lol android is bad, which is probably why Apple has been able to get away with making bad decisions lately

ive been half-assedly attempting to switch to osx but as of late im having doubts. everything sucks and i just gotta find what variety of suck i am comfortable embracing

• Locked thread