Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
there isn't much point playing Super Mario Bros past world 1. I mean sure, the princess SAYS she's in another castle but is it really that different?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Stymie posted:

lol iphone 7 is getting rid of that pesky headphone jack so it can bend even easier with normal use

wtf

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

apple just shoved an intersitual ad for iphone 6 in my face after I opened the app store. tacky poo poo

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Wild EEPROM posted:

i went to update an app in the app store and then

Yep this is it!

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

infernal machines posted:

Apple’s first ever battery iPhone case has generated a range of reactions and emotions. Some people simply can’t get over the hump.

I caught up with Apple CEO Tim Cook, who was in town to participate in an Hour of Code event, to take his temperature on the $99 iPhone 6 and 6s case, with the noticeable battery pack hump on its back.

We asked Cook if he is excited about the hump.

“You know, I probably wouldn’t call it ‘the hump,'” said Cook, who added he was aware of the comments surrounding the Smart Battery Case.

“As you probably know from being a user of this now,” said Cook as he grabbed my iPhone 6, which was sporting the new case, “one of the real insights here is, have you ever used other cases and tried to get them on?”

Cook was pointing out the issue with cases, like those from Mophie, that are so rigid it takes considerable strength and patience to put them on and take them off.

“If you make this solid all the way across,” said Cook, indicating the spots where the Apple case’s embedded battery stops and you just have the soft fluoroelastomer casing, “in order to get it on, you’d find it very difficult to get it on and off.”

“So the guys had this great insight to put the bend in along with making it a smart case,” Cook explained.

Some also see the introduction of an Apple battery case as an admission that battery life on the iPhone 6 and 6s isn’t all it should be.

Cook, though, said that “if you’re charging your phone every day, you probably don’t need this at all. But if you’re out hiking and you go on overnight trips… it’s kind of nice to have.”

Apple’s VP of software engineering Cheryl Thomas, who was also at the event and had been listening to Cook's description of Smart Battery Case usage scenarios, then chimed in. “When you need it, you need it.”

Cook laughed and agreed, “When you need it, you need it. That’s right.”

this poo poo is loving riveting. mad keen to read 30,000 words from CEO Tim Cook about a plastic phone case

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Tim Cook: So the guys had this great insight to put the bend in along with making it a smart case,

Me: (nodding) Please force a screwdriver into my eye socket.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

they're right. final cut pro x is garb

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

who cares about the legality. paying the guys who popularized the concept is honorable and apple are gently caress heads

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

putting touchscreen panels on car dashboards is a fundamentally terrible idea

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

just train yourself to not need a massive hit of sweetness every single day of your life

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

http://sudophilosophical.com/2016/02/04/apples-declining-software-quality/

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

This thread is about the Apple AIDS watch, and Apple AIDS, not watching Apple AIDS consume some faggots internet personality thread

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Being able to permanently brick a device in 2 minutes is not anything to be worried about

-AIDS infected yosposter

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Linguica posted:

less than a year after launch

wow! great deal on AIDS

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

my iphone 5 is now a laggy piece of poo poo just like what happened with my android. gently caress this

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Shaggar posted:

apple has been releasing broken garbage since ios 7.0 so idk why they'd stop now

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

poty posted:

my iphone 5 is slow these days but im pretty sure it is because its so full

im gonna go for 64gb when i buy the next one this year (the 4 incher if it doesnt suck or the 7 if it does)

mine isn't full. i have 7 GB free. it's very clear what's making it laggy is what every normie on the planet knows: ios updates slow down phones

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Shaggar posted:

yes please flatten and reinstall. that should get rid of all the bit rot.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

A Pinball Wizard posted:

i installed win10 on my emachines and now its really slow. m$ broke my computer because they want to sell me new hardware!!!!

oh ok. i didn't realize microsoft set the standard here. I guess we should expect this lovely behavior for all vendors

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

THC posted:

except that the iphone 5 I hold in my hand running the latest iOS with many apps installed is not slow. have you tried restoring your iPhone?

idgaf what you and every other brain damaged fanboy in this thread says, the iphone 5 is laggy on the latest ios. it isn't because of some poo poo going on with my phone, this is common knowledge amongst everyone who has ever upgraded their phone, android or apple

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

it's "fine" because you have gotten used to your inputs lagging for an 8th of a second constantly. that doesn't mean it's as good as it was under ios7

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

THC posted:

my 5s has received countless ios updates and it runs as fast as the day it came out. if not faster.

no it doesn't idiot

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

A Pinball Wizard posted:

it's a well known fact that installing new software does not run as fast on outdated hardware as outdated software does. youre an idiot for refusing to understand this and blue stymies an idiot for understanding it but updating anyway.

cool. you need to update your phone if you want to sync with an el capitan computer. great "choice"

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

THC posted:

actually it's not uncommon for new software to run faster on the same hardware as developers implement optimizations that improve performance. iOS 8 and 9 are great examples of this. can't believe I'm having to explain this basic fact of computing.

lol what planet do you live on

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

also the notion that you can stay on ios7 and it's fine and it's the consumers fault is stupid because apple don't push security updates for ios7.

the fact that mobile hardware becomes obsolete within 3 years is the norm is just lovely

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

gently caress off idiot. this is a huge problem

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

there should be laws that companies need to keep released devices secure for at least 10 years

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

theultimo posted:

10 years ago the iPhone didn't exist

i don't see the relevence of that

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

kwinkles posted:

yes but it also comes with big improvements in portability (size and weight). a modular design is never gonna be as space efficient as a custom design. its smaller and cheaper but you have to do a major upgrade every 2-3 years instead of 5-6 years with minor upgrades in between.

this poo poo is all now slowing down

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

i need a way to listen to an mp3, hosted on the web, on my phone without connecting it to my computer. streaming it from safari doesn't work because it stops playing when you turn the screen off and I want to walk around and listen to it like any other podcast.

Does this exist?

edit: wth. i just tried safari again and it worked. was there an update? oh well ignore this

Amethyst fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Mar 31, 2016

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

i ordered my se. planning on never updating the OS so it doesn't become a laggy POS like my 5 did

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

THC posted:

holy gently caress live photos are great

they're a dumb gimmick which have already been forgotten

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

oh cool the iphone se i ordered doesn't have 3d touch. this means either

a) 3d touch will never get wide support
b) the iphone se will be a poo poo tier phone that you can't do anything on

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

oh no, you might have a conversation. stop being idiot babies

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

how do I block all ios updates on my new iphone

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

infernal machines posted:

using your incredible powers of deception, tap install later when prompted, then don't install them

the nag screen pops up daily. i'd rather not deal with this

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

it's incredibly fail you can't disable the nag screen. oh well I guess windows 10 style nag screens are the future

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

outdated software that actually runs correctly on the hardware i own. unlike ios10 or whatever which will inevitably be laggy, and ios 11 which will be even laggier and render the phone unusuable.

you guys may think it's cool and win that a company with practically unlimited engineering resources refuse to push security updates to old ios versions to manufacture obsolescence but not everyone is happy to indulge in irresponsible mass consumerism when it is completely unecessary

Amethyst fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Apr 19, 2016

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

hopefully apple lose the class action lawsuit and are forced by a judge to disable the nag screen and push security updates to ios 9 for an extended period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

"how do i make it stop updating? i hope they make it so they have to update it."

hurrrrr

• Locked thread