Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the apple iwatch is fail as hell and you can tell from how lame those ads are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Squeezy Farm posted:

*spots the OP* Looks like we can stop watching lol.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

k-zed posted:

At this point Smythe is like one of those moderators Lowtax imposed to destroy LF from the inside when it got too popular.

Tolerating outright death threats from the likes of Amethyst, joking with AIDS, or tolerating and using words like "retard" and "human being" not only makes him a bad moderator, but a bad person.

that was the only time LF was any good

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
slowfari is garbage and ads make it even worse.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
a laptop from a couple of years ago would have 4gb of ram

one of mobile slowfaris biggest problems is lack of ram and its worse in failos7/8 cause most of the ram is eaten up by jonnys poor design decisions.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the hardware was sub par when it was new, but failos 7/8 are just so damned bad that it makes the web unusable.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
that would be cool if all websites were javascript performance benchmarks.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
im excited for the win phone 10s so I can finally get rid of this stinking turd of a phone.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

is that the list of things that slowfari cant handle because it is slow and iphones don't have enough ram?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

typekit will become the most valuable as people refuse to block it

is typekit the thing that makes fonts change like 5 times on a site?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

graph posted:

lol if u get ads in safari, lol

the only place you would use slowfari is in failos and that's because apple wont let you install a working browser. are you running some jailbroken version of failos w/ adblockers?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
failos autocorrect has gotten worse and worse with every update since ios 3

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

pram posted:

jesus gently caress get out

yeah mac os 9 was garbage

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
those are some ugly boots

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
they are going to remove all the usb ports. usb ports are a pro feature

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
wiping out your library is what's known as "syncing" in apple terminology.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Ludwig van Halen posted:

anyone else publishing on Apple News?
I put our RSS feeds into it, and it updates really infrequently, and when it finally does it picks up like 2 new articles when a bunch have been posted. Like it doesn't even match our feed.

e: i also changed the name of one of our section headers like 2 days ago, and it hasn't taken effect...

wth is apple news?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
idk what flipboard is

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Ludwig van Halen posted:

its a fantastic new feature coming in iOS 9

Basically it lets publishers syndicate their content to iOS without having to make an app.

ah. that's what I need. more content to shove into my brand hole.

please don't fix the slow as poo poo os, give me more ads. thanks apple.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Ludwig van Halen posted:

not sure where you get the idea that news articles = ADS

what news agency do u work for?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
haha he must have forgot haha

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Linguica posted:

by far my favorite part of apple music is when i tap "make available offline" on a playlist and it doesnt do anything

my second favorite thing is when it does it, but then later randomly deletes some or all of the songs

so they just renamed itunes to music?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I didn't think anyone even had itunes installed anymore

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
wow apples in such bad shape they have tim out doing pr.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Puppy Galaxy posted:

is the ram the reason safari gets slow and when i scroll down i see whitespace before the page fully displays and have to force quit the app to get it to scroll without that whitespace appearing

yes. also safari is very bad

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Smythe posted:

i have a lot of trouble believing anyone cares, at all. ive literally never thought about the sizes of available cell phone RAMs or whatever

if you had an iphone you would cause they have no ram and it makes the phones unusable.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

PleasureKevin posted:

oh my loving gosh

why the gently caress does one device with bluetooth and NFC built in need an add-on to communicate with another device with bluetooth and NFC built in

god drat it

lol if you think apple would allow the required access to the Bluetooth stack or the nfc reader

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
cable cards are easy to use and any 3rd party cable box that didn't use cable card would have effectively the same thing built in. the problem is most people don't actually care about cable boxes and the few that do already have them via cable card

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
altho cable card was pre-switched digital so you have to get a tuning adapter which does suck but they give them to you w/ the card.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the iphone 6 bends with normal use

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

yes they're basically the same phone

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

According to a new report out of Variety, Apple is looking to enter the TV and movie production industry in a way similar to how Netflix has recently done. The report claims that Apple has been looking to hire both actors and directors to create production divisions that would produce exclusive long-form content in-house.

Specifically, Apple is said to have made a bid to hire the stars of the BBC series Top Gear, but Amazon won out in the end and secured Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond for its own original content.

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

The Management posted:

top gear is just drooling at supercars, fake and lame "story" segments, and wankery about British motors (lol). so a good show for 14 year olds, I guess.

the supercar poo poo is boring as hell but the rest is good.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

I like the os x app store because it reminds me of using my old 400mhz g4 on dsl

yeah osx/ios is really bad.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lmao the iphone 6 was so poorly made it had a camera sticking out of the back and it bent with normal use. they made the 6s slightly thicker to try to fix it but who knows also they didn't fix the camera lol.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I own the last good iphone (4s) but it has been destroyed by ios 7+8. I'm very excited for the new windows 10 phones

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

my iphone 5 is almost in perfect condition as it dropped and the bottom corner cracked a bit but its barely on the screen, no bend

how the gently caress do you bend phones without sitting on em or purposely doin it haha

fewlz

the iphone 6 is the one that bends with normal use.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the iphone 5 was not as well built as the 4s, but it definitely would require significant force to bend unlike the iphone 6 which will bend with normal use.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I doubt it because the iphone 6 bends with normal use, not just being sat on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol

• Locked thread