Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

pram posted:

for yr benefit

pure madness

what is this thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
their website is fail, guessing the kb is also fail. i should know i use hhkb im fail expert

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

Salt Fish posted:

Happy hacker 2 is a poo poo layout with a bunch of wasted space on both corners and anyone who would buy one is fooling themselves; discuss.

i drank the koolaid but now i never want to use any other keyboard becuase they're the best feeling caps i've ever feeled and cherrys just feel cheap now in comparison. topre 4 lyfe bitch

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

yellow borders posted:

mate u know theres other keyboards that use topre swichs

i do mate pls dont knick me voda fone. i also have a type heaven that is good, but not as good as the hhkb and a good leopold is like the same cost

error1 posted:

cooler master makes a topre keyboard that is compatible with cherry mx caps so you can make goofy custom keyboard autism layouts

I really want to buy one but I'm not sure if I trust it to be as amazing as people say

thsi sounds like an abomination against the one true lord

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

Raluek posted:

all those fancy $$$ keyboards seem like kind of a waste. ive tried a handful of cherry boards, and none have been as nice as my $5 northgate with complicated alps. :shrug:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

this is u

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVskcoiSf5U

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
i got the type heaven first but then i got a sick new job and got the hhkb which is much better for a number of reasons but the type heaven is prob your best bet unless you can afford to not give a fucvk

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

forever and ever

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
feels good, man

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

pram posted:

i finally got my sa profile caps and lmao wow theyre tall. the most luxurious keycaps ever . if you ever get an opportunity to get a good set def take it

i put my graphite colored set on my kul es87

up down left right

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
why so u can jack off while inputting long numbers at the same time? nice fetish

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

looks great, what board is it?

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

drat i want this

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
that light up keyboard with the NES music is extremely dorky as all hell and that's fine

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
that canary yellow is very :nsa:

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

BONGHITZ posted:

actually he is correct and smart

quoting forums user BONGHITZ

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

Power Ambient posted:

quoting forums user BONGHITZ

however if you don't like the keyboard poasted above this you probably have poo poo taste and are one of the loving losers that likes Ghost in this thread

edit: i mean the piucs thread, buncha turds like Ghost there

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
hey yeah das keyboard looks so much better than a realforce, check out my fuckin simon belmont neon light in my cool mancave

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

je1 healthcare posted:

My coworker got a mechanical keyboard and hearing the constant loud clacking all day makes me want to murder. Who's problem is this? How do I ask him to type quieter without sounding like an autist? NOTE: I have headphones that I wear all the time but they only slightly muffle the background noise because I don't listen to music

ok, NOW how does it sound?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTEFKFiXSx4

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

yard salad posted:

zojirushi supremacy

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

b0red posted:

kinda want a happy hacking. apparently torpe is real nice.

they are

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
using my topre type heaven today and it's still one of my favorites

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
i want to know how many thousands that costs

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

Salt Fish posted:

Yeah, but replace all of them with topre.

if it ain't topre it's nope-re

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i would love to try the datahand but the vendor went out of business.

i am not gonna spend that much money on a used product with no support. what if it breaks?

YOLO

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
nerds are the worst

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
my pc rig is now a type heaven & mx anywhere2 combo and it's so sick. best pc mouse ive used that isnt the vx nano. posting about a mouse in the mechi thread because im punk as gently caress

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

b0red posted:

a nice keyboard is good and all but it's not complete without a comfy desk/chair

agreed. besides aeron what are the best office chairs to type on a sick rear end keyb?

i have this herman miller knock-off that is deece but i think i need something like an aeron knock off

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

minivanmegafun posted:

also if you live in an urban area you probably have a used office furniture store nearby, my partner picked up a Leap in good shape for about $100 from National Office Interiors and Liquidators just outside of the Chicago Loop.

they'll also usually throw in a 90 day warranty as well

cool that is my city and i probably work right where that is located, though the stuff on the website is still like 500$

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
the only thing i don't like about topre boards is they don't have the insane keycap sets the cherry boards get

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
it'd be cool to try and keep the cases for some of these old machines and just replace the guts with like a PINE64 or some other tiny computer

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
look at this loving thing

http://www.qwerkywriter.com

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

RBC posted:

cum storm is a good name for a keyboard imo

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
thats what the swirly tribal logo represents. the eternal spiral of cum

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
Nice

here was my first mechanical keyboard

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
get a topre type heaven, it owns

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

JewKiller 3000 posted:

tell me more about your overpriced rubber dome japanesu keyboard that you can't get keycaps for

guy who's never touched one in his entire life spotted

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin
my other keyboard is also a topre HHKB2 and it feels good u should try it

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

Ludwig van Halen posted:

don't care for the ducky logo on the meta keys but you can't win em all

i appreciate this joke

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

hifi posted:

topre or type heaven

it's this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

pram posted:

the primary problem the kinesis has is: it makes you look like an enormous loving dork

this is also incredibly true

• Locked thread