Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Seriously how are you supposed to beat STR Broly? I'm using Super STR Saiyaman 2, Extreme INT King Vegeta, Super TEQ SSJ Vegeta, Super TEQ Mighty Mask, Super AGL SSGSS Vegeta, and AGL Kaioken Goku (lv. 80). I can use Senzus and King Yemma until I'm out and Broly kills me with one super. Meanwhile I can barely scratch him, even with super attacks. What gives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

That dokkan battle builder website in the Broly guide is legit. I changed my main team completely.

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, I really like the team builder. Really handy for tinkering with teams with a certain gimmick. It does seem to be missing the Blazing Battle update to cards, though. I also really like the Links page on dbz.space.

Yeah, thanks for this. I was able to shuffle around my card and build some really strong looking decks, especially for AGL and STR where I have tons of fighters. Too bad my best INT team absolutely sucks.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Did three final Broly Event Pulls. Got SR PHY Android 16, SR AGL Burter, and R PHY Krillen. I also only got one goddamn PHY Broly.

Oh well. Bring on the World Tournament!

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Apparently the maintenance is going to be for the next 24 hours. :stare:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

As someone who just started, will I even be able to get anything worthwhile from the WT? I know there's a few participatory special missions and other stuff, just unsure if it's something I'll want to really invest in at this point.

It's a great way to level up characters- I usually gained about a level per win for SSRs, and you get oodles of training fodder fighters. You can also get tons of otherwise hard to get medals for Dokkan awakening.

You can also get tickets for an exclusive DragonBall only characters summon, and (rarer) tickets for a SSR only summon.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Aww I was so stoked about getting TEQ Bunny Bulma but she doesn't have Battlefield Diva. For some reason she has the Rival Duo link that Yamcha and Tien share with (for some reason) Naise, Daiz, and Uub.

Too bad, I could really have used a TEQ lady fighter for my lady fighter gimmick team.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I've done pretty well with the DB gacha overall. SSR Kid Goku, SR Tien, SR Yamcha, SR Bunny Bulma, R Dracula Man, R King Chappa, and three or four SR Oolong's.

Oolong's not too bad if you get his SA up, his passive (+5 Ki for his very first turn) usually lets him launch a super attack at the start of a battle.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I feel there's a problem here...

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Wait, what happens if you awaken a character in the middle of a Tournament that causes you to go over your team cost?

Also I finally got my Train Anywhere Goku max level so I can Dokkan him into SSJ Goku, and only now do I realize I can max his SA with the Epic Showdown Goku. :doh: I probably won't have the stamina to do the WT and max out Goku before the WT ends, unfortunately.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Webbeh posted:

Are senzu the only items that fall from the UR blue capsules on the map in the WT? If so, it should be easy to stay stocked with them.

Nah I've gotten all sorts of UR support items. Senzu, Dendes, Babas, and Ghost Ushers are the ones I remember getting off the top of my head.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I'm blazing through the tournament and leveling up characters left and right, but I don't have the medals to awaken all of them. I care more about those 135 awakening medals than the other tournament rewards.

Thankfully I was still able to Dokkan Awaken AGL Swole Master Roshi.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I usually use up the fodder characters pretty quickly, since I have plenty of characters I still need to level up/Z-Awaken. I only keep them around if I don't have any characters of that type to level up (usually INTs).

Looks like we're getting Teen Sword Trunks strike event and Mr. Popo training. Does anyone know what type Trunks is?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Echophonic posted:

The DB characters are pretty great if you can roll a team of them. I'm missing a good leader for mine, but I only have 5 SRs. I'd say Bunny Bulma's the best of the SRs, she makes anyone a lot better. Yamcha is pretty similar. I'd love to get a Yamcha and a Launch, maybe a Kid Goku. I have both Bulmas, Tien, Oolong, and General Blue at the moment. Looking forward to a full DB team at some point.

Kid Goku's a great leader for a DB team since he's got an All Types +25% attack leader skill.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

SSR Pull. Come on, Daddy needs a SSR INT...

Meh, s'okay. He'll gel well with my SSJ TEQ Vegeta.

Speaking of, which of my SSR/URs should I level up with Elder Kai? I assume SS3 Goku, but I wasn't sure if there was community consensus on who's best served by leveling up their SA.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Wuxi posted:

Believe me, with Kaioken Goku and SSJ3 you want that Majin Vegeta more than any Int SSR.

And yes, use it on the SSJ3.

Oh I didn't notice Majin Vegeta had Over In A Flash. Yeah, he'll be super useful with my team. (still kinda want that SSR INT though...)

People who posted while I was writing that post also seem to agree on SSJ3 Goku. Okay, thanks.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Drop rate on this new Trunks is pretty good. Not nearly as much a pain in the rear end as Grandpa Gohan to fight.

Still haven't gotten one drat Gohan.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Good Lord.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I got enough medals to Z-Awaken SSR Meta Cooler, if I get him. I sold the SR Meta Coolers that dropped to Baba.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I'm gonna spend all week grinding those awakening medal stages, but it's worth it to finally Z-Awaken all the dudes I leveled up during the tournament.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

PHY SSG Goku is a better card than I think people give it credit for, but for some weird reason it uses AGL awakening medals, not PHY. I haven't been able to awaken it yet, since I'm running the weekly events in order and I still need medals for my nine million lvl. 60 TEQ fighters.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Haerc posted:

It's a little late, but should I bother trying to get the STR Trunks before the reset? I couldn't beat it on Z-Hard.

You apparently need it for one of the upcoming Dokkan events, I think. It's got a pretty good drop rate, if you can't beat it on Z-Hard it shouldn't take too long on just hard.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Haerc posted:

K, I'll keep trying. Should I bother with King Cold/Freeza/whoever shows up, or just rush to Trunks?

I just rush to Trunks, I don't think King Cold/Freeza drop. I could be wrong.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

visceril posted:

Also why doesn't he have bombardment

According to the Wiki, the new wave of Strike event fighters have different link skills that haven't been implemented in global yet

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I like King Cold because he has good HP and ATK, and most of my other PHY cards have high enough defense to cover him. Usually I end up rolling with both though.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I've been saving up my stones since the end of the WT so I can afford the cheap Multipull and still have plenty left over for Cell and Fusion (we're not even sure when those are going to be coming over, right?).

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Not a bad haul, though Kaioken Goku, Tien, and Nail are dupes.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

meh

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Glad most of the fighters that can take on Cell are Strike Event cards. Makes it easier to put together a team.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Decided to go for the discount roll since I had nothing to lose and well.

Th-Thanks game...these cards look pretty good.

Congrats on your 3 SSRs (PHY Goku Z-Awakens to SSG Goku).

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Glad to see the Bardock story return. Last time it was up I didn't have the cards to challenge it on Z-Hard.

Managed to find and beat Kid Vegeta on my first run through the Saibamen stage. Just barely survived though.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Echoing, uh, Echophonic that's there's a bunch of good SR cards worth checking out if you don't have six SSRs of each color. To add to Echophonic's post:

AGL: Determined Defender Goku (his SA can be leveled up with the Strike Event Goku)
TEQ: 1st Form Cell & Kid Trunks
INT: Nail has a good passive and decent stats, but absolutely no links and is Extreme for some reason.
STR: Videl (can be Dokkaned), Despair's Onslaught Freeza, Tien Piccolo
PHY: SSJ Goku (can be Dokkaned), Extreme Elite's Pride Vegeta

I did sell my Turles Corp cards to Baba, mostly because I thought that movie was boring.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

After 30 years, I finally finished downloading the update. Time to see what all the fuss is about.

Ooh, you can filter your character list to just SRs and SSRs. That is nice.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Is Chilled still a good leader vs. AGL types?

-Troika- posted:

They need to stop sending us strike events that only reward Rs (that sometimes don't even dokkan into SRs). Those are the most useless thing.

Counterpoint: get a million Gokus and Gohans, use them to up the SA of your SR Gokus and Gohans.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Echophonic posted:

Dang, some nice pulls for everyone that isn't me today.

Based on the quality of pulls, I decided to do a single pull of my own for shits and giggles.

Dang, some nice pulls for everyone that isn't Echo today.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Should I bother with the Soul Vs. Soul or should I run a team of INT types?

Unfortunately I don't have any INT stunners and my heaviest hitter is probably mecha Freeza. I do have Dragonball Bulma but I don't think that's anything to rely on.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Huh, after a dozen runs of only getting a single PHY Broly, two dropped at once.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I still can't beat Broly. According to the guides, my team should be able to beat him, however super attacks from SA2 Kaioken Goku seem to barely ding him. Then I eventually run out of healing items and die. What am I missing?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Wuxi posted:

Post your team (and better yet, your box)

Team:

Box:

The Blazing Battle cards on my team are pretty much all the ones I have. I know how to manipulate them so that they're almost always taking the brunt of Broly's attacks, it's just that I can't seem to get Kiaoken Goku to do enough damage to kill Broly.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I guess I just need to get off supers more reliably then? I mostly use healing/damage reduction items and rely on getting Goku next to Pikkon to take advantage of Shocking Speed.

I don't need to disable rampage when attacking, do I? I don't have any cards with Blazing Battle passives but without Shocking Speed it's difficult to launch super attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Aurora posted:

https://dbz.space/gashas/

Looks like we're getting type-specific summons soon!

I'm gonna drop so many stones on the INT summon, rate be damned.

Echophonic posted:

Anyway, don't forget to get your last Training in the Clouds in. Apparently it ends tonight.

I thought that was just the "3 per day" part.