Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I'll play.

Can we have the waiver wire talk?

I know people were unhappy last year with the full free-agency as the active people (like myself) can clean up on the surprise performers at the end of the day Saturday or Sunday. The big movers snatched up all the best players.

I would be unhappy with a 7 day waiver wire, though. That is just a bummer. Instead, as a compromise and if it's possible in the system, how about all player waiver-wire that clears at the end of the day?

We going to keep the AAC and Mountain West teams?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Webbeh posted:

What's wrong with a 7 day waiver wire? One that operates every Wednesday morning?

And I agree, I hated the waiver process last year. It led to a lot of teams being left in the dust because they couldn't set up pickups.

Basically if you miss on your pickup late season because someone else grabbed, you're screwed. Unless it turns free-agent from Wed-Saturday.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Webbeh posted:

We can do that:

That would be less bad, then.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

As long as you all swear an oath not to run patron I don't see a problem.

Just give me fair warning and I'll play my basic anti-patron deck. Cause screw patron.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

jabro posted:

I know what Hearthstone is. Is patron a guy you use to determine your deck?

It's a warrior deck that can build an overwhelming force of 3/x Grim Patrons with charge. The Grim Patron itself is a 3/3 that, when it takes damage it calls another grim patron. To beat it easily you either need to have full board clear or just all creatures with 3 attack or more.

It's not an instant win. I've beaten purchased grim patron decks with basic hunter and rogue decks. But I've also seen a grim patron deck rip through a priest deck I was having good success with by demolishing the 1/3 and 2/7 creatures that the priest deck depended on.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Webbeh posted:

We've always done novel versions of this. The last few years, it's been a random number generator picking a NASCAR driver and the outcome of a race.

There's got to be a better choice than this though.

It really isn't bad. The only thing you can do differently is wholly use the random number generator, but that's a lot less entertaining than rooting for a sport that few of us actually give a poo poo about.

Could pick a different sport, like golf, but that's the same deal.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Komet posted:

On the one hand, my team would be better if I didn't just draft a bunch of Penn State players. On the other hand, I can't stand not to have at least a few PSU players on my team.

Yeah, I'm lucky that ttu usually has a good offense as i can't not draft someone from the team.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Taxes posted:

I don't think I've gotten an invite just yet.

Yup, you're in. Your team is still named Fire Kliff Kingsbury Forever.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
My guy placed 16th there last year. Let's go top 6 this year!

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Just past halfway through with votes and it looks like Sunday the 16th is winning handily. Still time, though.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
15/20 have voted. It's looking like it's going to be a Sunday, but which Sunday? Vote!

http://doodle.com/p2ys2xf793mdvu8r

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Well, 17 is not the best. Gonna be interesting to see who is available at that spot.

A bit of a shame that Taxes and my availability for the draft is mutually exclusive. I enjoyed our yearly tradition of cussing at each other for taking the TTU player that we had queued up.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Note: That's 8:00pm EDT, 7:00 CT, etc.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

hey, 20's not a bad spot. 2 picks in a row. #1 doesn't get to pick again for 38 spots.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Webbeh posted:

You should turn left faster.

Hey now! There are right turns at the Glen! It's a road course!

(And it shows exactly how ridiculous NASCAR road courses are).

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Quandary posted:

Probably will draft exclusively Sooners if at all possible so please don't steal my people, thanks

No promises.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Spintzel posted:

If anyone can find the fat middle aged Bama fan sprinting for an autograph from like last week that is my vote/submission

alternatively:

original:

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

LeeMajors posted:

It has to be this.

Personally, I think the old dude off to his right is funnier.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
cropped version of 0-0:

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Rules question since it came up last year:

Will we allow empty spots on rosters?

The case came up when I wanted to drop my kicker or TE in order to pick up a reserve WR to use in a week when my byes had piled up. Couldn't do that because it would have left the kicker slot empty.

Wasn't something we decided to do in preseason, so it was left alone. Now that it's preseason again, do we want to allow empty slots or keep the same rules?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Taxes posted:

Not sure I'm clear on the waiver wire rules - can somebody smarter than me explain them to me like a child?

I believe the way we wanted it was that waiver claims would clear on Wednesday Morning and then everyone would run as free agents until Saturday mid-day when they would be back on the waiver wire.

The way it's set up now, waiver wire claims are processed on Wednesday morning in reverse standing order.

It's not clear, based on the settings, if players are free agents once the waivers clear or if they are remain on the waiver wire. It's also not clear that players will be on the waiver wire in the first week.

Settings that I'm not sure about :

Rotate Waiver Wire Claim Order After Each Claim: No
Automatically put players on waivers: Never
Undrafted players go to the: Free Agent pool

I'm not sure if all undrafted players will be on waiver wire or only those who have been dropped, if any players go back on the waiver wire, and if we want the last place team to claim ALL of their waivers before anyone else gets to. (If so, I might try to tank my first game :v:)

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Can we leave FA's unlocked until Saturday Morning? Right now it'd lock down as soon as the first Thursday game kicks off.

You might have a bit of the "player has big game, picks them up", but that's only 2ish games. Maybe manually set it so that players don't hit free for all until the Wednesday after the first week so the first Thursday's batch of games aren't affected by that?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

jabro posted:

Is there a way to lock players when their game starts? I feel that's the best way.

yeah, that's even better.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Woo! I'm excited. Everyone else excited? Let's DO this (tomorrow).

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Taxes posted:

Not so happy with my risky backup receivers and having no Texas Tech players for the 2nd year in a row

:(

QB: Mahomes, Patrick (So) TxTch
QB: Lynch, Paxton (Jr) Mem

RB: Collins, Alex (Jr) Ark
RB: Perkins, Paul (Jr) UCLA
RB: Washington, Dwayne (Jr) Wash
RB: James, Paul (Sr) Rut

WR: Ford, Isaiah (So) VaTec
WR: Lauderdale, Devin (Jr) TxTch
WR: Addison, Bralon (Jr) Oreg
WR: Sadler, Ian (So) TxTch
WR: Seals-Jones, Ricky (So) TxAM

TE: Price, Josiah (Jr) MSU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Thanks for the easy wins :D

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I'll throw out there as a name for Division C:

M00N

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Webbeh posted:

We can do better... right?

Probably. But no one's saying anything, so I came up with the first reference that I could find for the only division with a Northwestern fan in it.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

The Piper posted:

Would you believe that we actually have TWO Northwestern fans in this league?!?! I just made the wise choice not to litter my fantasy team with their players

I do not believe it.

Is this another one of those strange things where we have two of the most random teams? 2 NW fans, 2 TTU fans, what next?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
aaaaaaaaaaagh. I lose the only really close, high scoring game of the week. After 2 of my players blow up for huge points. Dammit Paul James, I had faith in you!

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
So.... All transactions are "down for maintenance". Dunno if that means that it'll skip today's processing once it comes back up...

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

The Piper posted:

Looking forward to my matchup with Kayakyakr. His QB and RBs have plus matchups, though, so I'm not too confident. Need that "vaunted" TCU defense to knock Mahomes around a bit.

Both defenses are real bad. I'm not so high on my RB matchups: I don't trust Washington (he doesn't get the carries anymore, just keeping him around to see if the receiving yards becomes a pattern), or that Minnesota guy (until they prove they can run the ball against a mid-major). Perkins and Collins should put up some points, though.

You've got the better team on paper, but I'm hoping Mahomes and the WR's go off for big points this week.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

The Piper posted:

Holy poo poo, I tied again.

What's amazing is that we managed to tie at > 300 points. Best matchup of the season?

Fuckin Josh Doctson.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Taxes posted:

Ah, a tale as old as time. A San Jose State running back drafted in the 11th round is the highest scoring flex player by 17.5 points per game. If I had a nickel for every season that happened.

To illustrate why the late rounds matter for guys who bail after like 8 rounds: my 10th round pick was Christian Kirk and my 11th round pick was Tyler Ervin, referenced above.

Now if I could only pick up kickers that actually start.

I can't be mad at you for pulling up Tyler Ervin from my draft queue after leaving Mahomes for me to draft a few picks later in the first round.

Christian Kirk, well, I'll hand that one to you. I didn't see that one coming at all.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
C'mon BYU defense, don't let UConn put up garbage points! Get more sacks too please!

e: Points! :getin:

kayakyakr fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Oct 3, 2015

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
My opponent this week is starting 3 players on bye with 3 players that could have started on the bench.

I mean, I'll take the free win, but I don't think I'd have needed the help this week.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Webbeh posted:

who is this

WHO WOULD DO thIS

Whoever University of Phoenix is. I don't know who everyone is anymore. I assume he won't be playing again next year, so w/e

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Taxes posted:

Benched a 79 point running back at the last second today so thats neat.

You probably shouldn't have done that. That is story of the day, though.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Taxes is gonna need a huge comeback to stay as the only undefeated and it's looking like he might get that. Wowy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

swickles posted:

I think I have decided to give up this fantasy league. It has nothing to do with you guys, but fantrax has been nothing but problems for me from day 1. Whether its a hosed up wavier wire, or multiple people swearing they made changes to the line up that didn't go through and having that happen to me for like the 3rd week in a row (out of 4), I think I am done with fantasy until a better system comes around. We already have multiple guys that give don't do poo poo to their lineups, so whats another one.

Again, I want to reiterate that I have had fun playing with all you guys, errors and all. Its just that when you double and triple check and it still keeps loving up, there is just no reason to do anything beyond the draft. This is the second week in a row where I have made a roster change (on like a monday or tuesday), have checked it the next day to see that it hasn't gone through and changing it, checking again and only to find out it hasn't gone through and before anyone asks, yes I am hitting Submit and waiting for the new page to load.

edit: Also I am tired of this sites poo poo reporting, anytime I have a red flag (or not) I find contradicting info that is almost always right elsewhere.

You have to hit submit changes. It's not that hard.

• Locked thread