Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Maura asks to see Hans' symbol to see if Flamie died instead of showing him hers.

Unless for some reason she 100% thinks Adel did it or that 100% Hans is innocent thats a red flag. You would always use your own because theirs could be a fake, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ferretts posted:

The one between her shoulder blades?
As opposed to the potentially fake one yes. Incidentally she's also the only one to have it not on the front of her body. Even Chamot's is on the front of her thigh.

Kild fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Aug 9, 2015

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

dogsicle posted:

At this point all suspicion is planted squarely on Adlet, there's not much reason for the group of five to fragment with further distrust. Also Maura seems a more likely fake, so her trusting Hans' mark seems fine.

That was my point. She's probably a fake because if hers showed 6 and his showed 5 that'd be a problem. So she asked to use his.

Baseless speculation: Saint of the Sun can probably affect light as well and refract her appearance away/turn invisible.

Kild fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Aug 9, 2015

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kylra posted:

Don't forget though: the puzzle has to be solvable by the characters, not just the audience.

Well Adlet thinks there's an 8th already and she has to be around still. So its just a matter of finding said invisible person.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I don't even think it was Adlet that opened the door. The bombs the fiends dropped did nothing but Adlet's somehow made the door move?

Maura was the first one without Hans. She found Hans hanging around the temple a day before they got locked in.

Kild fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Aug 9, 2015

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Adlet was shocked/awed that the Temple didn't take much damage from those explosions. If he's an expert he should've noticed they were blanks/not that powerful though.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I don't think Adlet would be able to go through poison mist through willpower.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Innocent:

Adlet
+MC

Flamie
+Turned against Demons

Suspicious:

Nash
+No known motivation
-Freakout / Weirdness
-Didn't get shown getting her mark when the sky went for Adlet
-Told Adlet to go on ahead cus ??? (Ask for backup?)
-Can move blades

Goldov
+Seems to have no powers/Brute
-Hates Adlet
-Attacked Adlet out of rage

Chamot
+Too one tracked/childish
-Only one not to travel in a group
-Ambiguous power (Swamps are known to be foggy?)
-Really wants to kill Flamie
-Mark in weird spot (Not upperbody)

Chester
+Most Established (In Universe)
-Didn't know about several things she should've known
-Did the most questioning
-Replaced Sun Saint who "disappeared"
-Mark in weird spot (not on the front of body) / asked to see Hans mark instead of showing him hers when checking on Flamie
-Power most related?

Hans
+"Too Obvious"
-Most capable
-Really gunned for Adlet being the 7th

Kild fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Aug 12, 2015

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Is there actually a fake one or is it gonna be haha we fooled you there's now 7 because reasons even though it was stated it's always 6 and can only be 6?

With Nash naming Hans he's cleared cus its anime.
Chamot is probably clear since she's basically got the mind of a toddler.
Goldov is probably clear unless they break his character which only and entirely revolves around Nash away from her.
Flamie clear ofc.
Nash clear cus she wouldn't try to save Adlet. Better play would be Adlet dying a petal is gone and Goldov gets sicced on someone else or whatever. Though I guess that banks on me thinking she'd earnestly try to save him and not just spread doubt but it wouldn't really matter either way since Goldov would protect her/follow her pretty much regardless. So its not like she'd need "credibility" with a "See I told you so" when she already told us so before Adlet left.
That leaves Chester I guess but that seems too easy idk. She actually hasn't given any info about herself other than she works with saints and took over from the sun saint. She seems to be the least in control of the situation.

Think Flamie was some last moment +1 from the Flower Goddess or whatever. The Brand was to show her loyalty and doesn't actually have any real powers/protection like the rest since she's a half breed she doesn't need it.

Also if you HAVE to do it exactly like the guards said I feel like there's actually not enough information to solve this without a gotcha as well. Though with the Demon scene I think the remaining guards could've been bought/persuaded by one of the Fiends.

Kild fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Aug 16, 2015

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

dogsicle posted:

there are only six Braves. i still feel Hans, Nash, and Maura are all pretty suspicious in their own ways, and Flamie could believably 180.

That'd be a gotcha with Flamie, Hans is so obvious that even Nash went for him so I extremely doubt its him. Nash acts strange but I don't think thats enough to say she's a fake/traitor. Other than her saying go on ahead, her freakout which could be understandable since she's a complete novice to this stuff, and people thinking her hair being fashioned to look like bunny ears means she should have super hearing she hasn't done anything to indicate it.
Maura is plausible but again they've given us too little info on her past and it requires Chamot being in on it.

Anyway I think the Guards were bought by the demons and Adlet was the one who actually did do the 'ritual' and somehow the stand at that temple is linked to the one they're currently stuck at somehow.

Kild fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Aug 16, 2015

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

anyways, it won't be chamot, hans, adlet or flammie just because none of them feel right. especially not adlet and flammie at this point.

it's probably maura. that's my gut

If there HAS to be a fake/traitor it's her. My gut feelings going into this was all 7 are real or that Chester is the fake and that has been holding up.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

So Adlet 'fake' did the ritual and no one else from what we've saw. Why exactly is there even a replica to demonstrate something as simple as put the sword in the hole and say the word. Nash tells Adlet to go on ahead? Why? The Guards probably told her that Adlet had to go on ahead/be first? She freaked out because she hosed up and caused this by listening to the guards? Though Adlet did try to undo it but that doesn't mean he tried to undo it proper. It'd also explain why it opened up for him.

Also why are they waiting at the that temple and not at this temple. The guards also all direct them there. If the guards were the ones to activate it why are either the Guards not waiting at that temple or sitting with the braves preferably at this guarded temple.

e: Rewatching that part its so they're already in the land of howling demons then locking the exit + entrance. Though I don't know why they'd not all wait at the first temple then they all move out together?

Kild fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Aug 16, 2015

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TWIST FIST posted:

I dunno, since everyone already thinks Adlet is the fake, it'd probably benefit the actual fake to keep him alive to keep everyone's attention on him. They could probably even go around killing people and saying he did it, like Adlet mentioned in the episode.

If Adlet dies and a petal is lost Chamot is probably going to murder Flamie no matter what Chester says. And if not Flamie probably Hans or even both. Then when she dies and a petal is lost they're going after Chamot. I think thats a stronger plan that maybe catching someone off guard cus you got a chance. Then its a number advantage for Nash since Goldov is basically going to do whatever she says. Though that also assumes killing them is better than delaying them which would make sense unless we're missing something.

Since she was kind of allied with Goldov Flamie and Adlet and no one in that group would be likely to suspect each other outside of Goldov maybe suspecting Flamie. Her best play for her to cast either Chamot, Chester or Flamie as the 7th instead of Adlet. Though that assumes they had some say/sway in who actually got framed and they're trying to make the best move. Chamot being the strongest would be the best to take out first. Chester being framed would mean you can probably take out Chamot too. Flamie would mean you'd take out Adlet with her and probably Nash + Goldov too. Also Chamot would probably be the one who killed Flamie and she'd be next for consideration.

Kild fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Aug 16, 2015

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

NowonSA posted:

I like the remote activation theory, the people at the fort said other braves had been there but we didn't see it, so we can't be sure. You'd need a reason for it to take a long time for the fog to start up though, the temple isn't that powerful if you can trigger it and the enemy has hours to move into the area or out of the area. If I can throw a guess out there at you, the remote ritual could "prime" the temple and then as soon as the seal is breached the fog triggers. This needs the people in the fort to be doppelgangers/traitors, but that's about it, so less effort than most other theories. Of course, it's an even shorter path if fort guys are liars and the temple is actually automatically activated by whoever breaks the seal.
Yeah thats what I meant with 'thats why it opened up for him' he primed it. He's became the key or something. Also the fort guys are sort of established as liars. They said multiple braves already were there and they left 2 days ago. Hans however was found a day later and he doesn't mention going to the guards only getting an advance. Adlet also mentioned it was weird the king didn't mention the barrier. Chamot was by herself and made no mention of meeting the guards. Nash + Goldov hadn't been there yet.

quote:

The problem with Adlet being an unwitting dupe is that he tries to dispel the barrier immediately, even going so far as to use his own blood. He certainly seemed to know what he was doing there. But if he's in on it that could be a false effort.
He tried doing it some traditional way and this seems far too untraditional of a thing.

quote:

As far as the seven braves all being legitimate braves, the braves are chosen by the goddess of fate, that's been solidly established. So even if the goddess decided that 7 were needed this time around, she opted to go with the one planning to trap them in the barrier. I guess it could be the most intense teambuilding exercise ever?
Another thing is the Barrier is fake/triggered by Chester to be such a team building exercise though it wouldn't explain the demon and the bombing. Which the priming thing would.

quote:

And one last 7 real braves thought, if there are seven then why not make the insignia different with 7 petals instead of 6? The forces of good gain nothing by not making the number of braves explicit, especially if you're changing up that number for the first time ever.

Cus its the Braves of the 6 flowers. The number doesn't matter only the warning symbol which may or may not have been changed. Could there have always been 7 but the 7th never showed up until this batch? It doesn't make sense to have 6 petals as a warning symbol if you're the last petal.

TWIST FIST posted:

thats a lot of assumptions youre making there

Not really? There's nothing that was a grasp or a big leap. If there is you can share. :)

Kild fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Aug 16, 2015

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Adlet is suspicious to the other Braves but only because he was at the scene of the crime. If they thought about it for more than 5 minutes he'd be pretty innocent I think. If the barrier goes away when he dies then why would he incriminate himself? Why would he not get some sort of alibi/excuse? Why would he defend Flamie if she's 1) a traitor to demons and 2) an easy target. Stuff like that. They just assume he's some idiot I guess or haven't put a second thought into it.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

dogsicle posted:

there would be ways to see a tattoo there, whether mirrors exist in this setting or not. i don't really like the importance being given to mark location because it's an incredibly weak premise to base suspicion on. Hans and Maura's control over the situation and what is deemed "correct" in the narrative are much more damning and important, to me. i mean until this batch of Braves the informational property of the mark wasn't even significant, as far as we know.

Last batch had a guy killed.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TWIST FIST posted:

you said "probably" 5 times in your post and "assumes" twice
And? It's all plausible. It all fits their character and previous actions. It's not like I said Adlet's gonna hit his remote control for a tank or some poo poo.

quote:

These are all a bunch of assumptions. Maybe it's possible that one or all of those things will happen and maybe not. But basing everything off of a whole bunch of probablys is absolutely not a stronger plan.
Even one of those things is going to better than "Well maybe they would rather just have him alive longer and try to defend him and frame Hans to later pick someone off which may or may not have an opportunity presented" to the point Nash would risk her 'innocence' which is a bigger leap.

quote:

It's only a number advantage if literally all of those things happen and even then Goldov has shown this episode that no, he's not willing to mindlessly do whatever Nash says.
He's not going to kill the princess or suspect her without something huge happening. So yes he's not going to attack her and yes he's going to defend her. Adlet said he's going to protect Flamie and demonstrated so. He even reaffirmed and then also said all of the braves. This must be a huge leap to think he'd be caught up in a fight...?

quote:

What are you even saying at this point. If Nash is the 7th then why would she want to take herself out. You even said yourself that this entire paragraph is based off one huge assumption. Your entire point is based off probablys and maybes and incredibly flimsy reasoning.
I'm thinking as a hypothetical as the 7th/traitor. That would be the best move. It wasn't to necessarily defend Nash. Though it did. Also you don't show any flawed reasoning you just go "well you said maybe probably a few times" and "Goldov didn't want to trust the Princess because it would endanger her, so he wouldn't protect her, and would definitely attack her if she was outed as the traitor and he wouldn't rashly attack someone outed as the traitor"

Kild fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Aug 16, 2015

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TWIST FIST posted:

The point isn't that your reasoning is flawed the point is that literally everything you've said is based on "hey maybe this guy could do this thing" and that makes for really lovely evidence.

Yes the things I said was based on "Hey maybe guy could repeat actions he did yesterday." Didn't realize assuming the characters stay mostly the same over 24 hours was lovely.

Guess we can't guess who did it cus it'd be assuming or guess how they did it cus it'd be assuming so lets just wait until they tell us...?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TWIST FIST posted:

All the other theories in this thread are based on things that characters have said or done or things that viewers have observed. They're saying "hey maybe this character could do this thing because of what this guy said or what I saw here." What you've been saying is "hey maybe this guy could do this thing because maybe this guy could do this thing"

As a side note, yeah this by itself
is usually pretty lousy evidence

Adlet would protect Flamie like he's said and done.
Goldov would protect the princess like he's said and done.
Chamot wants to murder and torture Flamie because she's rash and wants revenge like she said she wants to and attempted.

All unfounded theories now I know, thanks.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

MagicBoots posted:

Wouldn't the 7th not want any of the braves to die? When everyone's magic tattoo looses a petal and your not so magic fake tattoo doesn't you would be outed immediately.

Good point but its not like they can keep everyone alive for weeks or months for the Demon God to fully return?

Also if the current barrier locks the exit and entrance into the land of howling demons isn't a bad thing for it to remain active for a long time?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

NowonSA posted:

The Braves need to get out of there within about a month, or it's the end of the world, so with those kinds of stakes they'd corner or kill someone eventually. Even one Brave getting out of there is better than none.
Yeah thats what I mean. It'd be nearly impossible to keep everyone alive for that long to prevent the real fake from being found out via Tattoo.

quote:

The barrier is there to keep demons from entering human lands during the demon god's awakening. It's not like humans can send any support along with the Braves anyway due to the crazy poison that's all over demon territory, so they don't lose anything by sealing off that area. If the Demon God awakens the fog barrier isn't going to do much good though, it'll run out by itself eventually or DG will just power through it.

Well I would think you'd rather just have the Braves dead before he awakens and have the barrier down to amass troops and stuff. Instead of some stall tactic for a month.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

What animal is Chamot and Maura suppose to represent? And I guess Flamie too?

Since Nash is Rabbit, Goldov is Ram, Adlet is Dog, and Hans is Cat.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Well Adlet is an inuit Half Dog thing.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Still saying there's not a fake.

e: Also like Chamot doing the thing I said she'd do that a guy itt said was too farfetched or whatever.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

dogsicle posted:

so what, the entire premise is just a fake-out? that's dumb as hell

e: even if you're discounting a fake based on technicalities, it's still dumb

Yes.

Jackard posted:

Even if there wasn't a fake, someone still stuck them there.

Yes somehow they got stuck there. But I do not believe its because of a fake.

Everything we know about the Temple are from the guards which we cannot say are trustworthy. Even Chester didn't know much about it and got most of her info from those guards as well.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Jackard posted:

That line of thinking really doesn't help the characters out of their predicament. "lol what if everything was a lie??"

As if everything already isn't? I'm not the 7th and there's no way anyone but you could do it Adlet-san!

The guards already lied assuming its not a TL issue where they said the 'other braves' as in multiple left 2 days ago even though Chester was the only one since Hans joined up with her later and Chamot was alone.

The guards only trusted because they're human but as show in Adlet's flashback humans can be tempted and changed. More than 6 Braves is just unprecedented and wouldn't even be a lie.

Kild fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Aug 26, 2015

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Anime is in fact often times dumb as hell. Though its not much dumber than it was the bunny girl with the magical swords that go 500ft+ without anyone noticing because she's actually some evil vile person who hates humans after her dad tried to politically assassinate her. Oh and also enlisted the help of several types of demons to corral them all together.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

l

dogsicle posted:

Kild, please stop shitposting. I've read the LN and will say with absolute certainty that one of the seven is a fake Brave and also a traitor. The anime is following the exact same clues and events so there's not even an excuse of an anime original ending.

lol

can someone ban the actual shitposter who's posting spoilers.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

alcharagia posted:

I hope the anime ends with some random confused person walking up to the group after the barrier is dispelled and being like "So I was told I was supposed to come here" and pulls out a Brave tattoo and it cuts to black with a slide whistle and Hans saying "WELL HERE WE GO AGAIN"

That one will be real as well.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

of bees posted:

The fog saint has been brought up only when talking about the barrier so far, but she has been brought up. Also, there are still four episodes, so I imagine we could get some more clues as to which saint is helping the traitor, if a saint is indeed helping.

That said, I still don't see what's in it for anyone. Betraying the braves just means mankind gets wiped out. Flamie at least has the excuse of being not entirely human, and presumably if it's Hans he could be in it for the money. But I can't see any motive for anyone besides those two at this point.

its the girl that was on the run from being assassinated for political reasons and could possibly see humans as irredeemable and thus need 2 be destroyed. she freaks out cus Adlet makes her hope again.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

of bees posted:

Yeah, I was looking for more character-specific motivations. General things like 'betray humanity and live' wouldn't be as strong unless it was made very personal to the character it's about (IE 'betray other humans and we will spare your family, who you have talked about before' for Chamot, or 'betray all other humans, and we will spare your country' for Nachetanya, or 'betray the normal humans, and we will spare the saints' for Maura). In mysteries, motive is an important part to figuring out who the guilty party is. Having the motive be some generic thing that could apply to anyone would have a negative effect on the story as a whole.

I could see that work if there was any indication that Nachetanya was actually like that. So far she seems to be a reasonably well-adjusted person who doesn't hate humans.

I agree and thats why I thought there wasn't a fake. But since that guy came in and spoiled that there's actually a fake it's 90% likely its her or they give Chester's backstory and its her for some reason. But another guy came and spoiled we already have all the clues needed by like episode 5 so...

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Chamot owns.

Nash still most likely.

I call her Chester cus I forgot her first name.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

NowonSA posted:

I'd argue that the fact it hasn't been disproven isn't something that really strengthens a theory. "You can't prove God doesn't exist, so he must exist!" Adlet thinking along the same lines is probably a good sign though, that's true.

I'd argue a good story/mystery would set up several viable explanations and constantly narrow them down and this certainly is doing something like that and as such the remaining one with the most evidence is probably it. There's no reason to mention the Sun Saint other than to be a dumb red herring. Chekhov's Gun and all that.

e: Speaking of which, you guys mentioned the LN has the 7th inner monologue about how they actively tried to frame Adlet. If we go with this logic the only people that noticeably did that would be Nash, Goldov and Hans.

Nash made him go on ahead for no explained reason and was the first one to say the Barrier was activated and asked why Adlet had done it.

Hans accused and questioned Adlet pretty hard but he has sense came around until Maura.

Goldov has been trying to get Nash to not like him and questioned his integrity a bunch and was the one that wound up attacking him in the temple.

Of those 3 Nash's is the one that sticks out the most. Since Goldov's could be explained out of fear and jealously and Hans has since heel turned on Adlet.

Kild fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Sep 2, 2015

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Nash freaked out because Adlet hosed up her plan whatever it was and now she's pissed. That or she has some sort of second personality that activated. It was kind of hinted at before when she went nuts on their trip.

Maura is just a dumbass on a power trip. I CANT BE WRONG IM SUPPOSE TO BE THE LEADER THE FOUNDATION *DOUBLES DOWN*

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Pavlov posted:

Anime multiple personalities is almost as awful as anime amnesia.

and it fits in with this show

a dumb thing with this show is everyone believes each other but adlet/anything to do with adlet.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The Colonel posted:

At first, Adlet wondered why he cared about this girl.

But once he looked deep into her eyes and her forehead, it all made sense.

He's in love with what he hates most.

e: And so is she.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ViggyNash posted:

Holy poo poo.

None of this would be happening if Adlet had simply been left behind or killed before meeting anyone. The 7th would have been totally accepted into the group because there's only 6 of them there... why should anyone suspect an impostor if all the details match up? So if Nash is the 7th, why not leave Adlet behind or dead? I don't see any motive right now. Perhaps her lie about Hans was her grasping at straws in an attempt to exonerate Adlet, and her personality shift was simply a result of her losing her poo poo.

My money's back on Maura.

And this somehow doesn't apply to Hans because...? Maura was left alone with him for a whole day.

There's some reason that the 7th doesn't just kill everyone all willy nilly despite having the opportunities.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The 7th would've had ample opportunity to take out anyone. So their goal seems to not to actually kill them for whatever reason. Maura was with Flamie alone. Hans free to do whatever, Chamot free to do whatever. Nash and Goldov together (but they wouldn't kill each other presumably) Though she was trying to get Goldov to go after Hans. :)

e: Also Nash + Adlet alone, Flamie + Adlet alone, Hans and Maura alone before they even reached the temple.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Jackard posted:

Do you have an explanation for Nach setting Adlet free, where she could have simply abandoned him and taken his place with no one the wiser?

E: Why didn't they fly the eagles to Mordor?

Adlet could've broken out himself. He was planning on doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

dogsicle posted:

Read right to left, got in trouble

Speaking of eagles, I'm really disappointed in Adlet and Maura for not coming up with animal motifs, like all the others.

Adlet is a dog (his name is based on some Inuit dog thing) and Maura's name can allude to monkeys or cows.

• Locked thread