Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
SO I was burnt out and haven't logged into red for about 3 months. Today I logged in to find Velious, Good Guys are no more, my friends it looks like have gone to TMO, who the gently caress are TMO? what's happening on Red fellas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Pratan posted:

As a human druid of Tunare, is there any reason I need high or wood elf faction? I've done the Felwithe portion of my epic. I want to quad/rot both race's guards, but am scared I'll permanently gently caress up needed faction for later quests.

The only faction you need is The Claws of Veeshan

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Ramulack posted:

I remember back in like 2002 pulling as a 60 rogue with throwing daggers. Sometimes I would outright ASSASSINATE the mob on pull (the lower level frogs, I dont remember their names).

Those were the loving DAYS. I loved my rogue, but there is no way I would play one on 99 in a semi casual way rather than the full time job it used to be.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Pwnz0r posted:

I wasn't kicked from TMO, that would have implied I were in it to start with. The app process and getting tagged by officers who were already trading all their items back to blue while 'actively recruiting' (yes globally auctioning on the main officer characters that people are told to message for recruitment). A bunch of my friends and former guildmates joined, I tagged along on some raids but never pushed the issue of getting tagged or dkp since I didn't need the items they offered me. But I personally witnessed TMO wipe to draco with 30+ before getting engaged to PVP by bad decisions, decisions only a person unfamiliar with PVP would make in-haste thus causing wipes. All in all I hoped TMO would have stayed on red, but they don't appear to be doing so. The fact that day 1 they tried to rush Empire to velious instead of cleaning up free and easy kunark targets was a bad decision as well, again this is a red server when you can only field ~40 people, some sub 60s and the rest you are playing with don't know each other well enough to setup assist trains let ALONE go against 100+ empire its no contest.

Anyway Pilsner if you can look into it, Great Divide whenever you zone into it with the zliz map is giving a "cannot find Great Divide" error. The names and everything seem to line up(----side issue but not a big deal i copy pasted the old south karana quillmane maps over to v5, when I don't farm cloaks for friends I make them use that if they have no access to a bard/ranger to easily track quillmane and learn the spawn)

[Sat Aug 01 22:09:09 2015] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
[Sat Aug 01 22:09:24 2015] You have entered Great Divide.

I did notice its as greatdivide1.jpg so I added in same image as just greatdivide.jpg but haven't tested it yet to confirm it works. Not sure why the rest of the maps would work fine with 1s and GD wouldn't

I think its because the map app calls it The Great Divide instead of Great Divide. I've been having the same problem.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Mercury_Storm posted:

While I can understand both of those changes, because classic EQ didn't have maps or buff timers, you'd think they would have gotten around to that sometime more like immediately when the server came out and before players had gotten used to using them for years.

It really is s bad nerf and judging by red /ooc it hasn't gone down to well.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

shirunei posted:

Who cares stuff still blinks before going off and you should have a rough estimate on buff timers just from experience. also GINA

:haw:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

MageMage posted:

Come on! Bring out your inner warrior! GROWL!

Anyone on Blue who has expressed an interest in Red and are afraid of getting pked:

Well, you're gonna die... a LOT

The only thing they can take is your money.

So your phat lutes are safe

XP is crazy! I leveled to 12 in one night, 26 the next night, and I'm now 32.

I don't have a lot of money but if you're new and need directions or maybe a weapon go ahead and send me a tell, I'll help any way I can!

(Lahara)

Hey Lahara, I enjoyed random bard porting you about in Mistmoore last night. Joined that guildy group at level 16 hitting reds, came out nearly 23 still hitting reds. Was a fun night.

(Toccata Fugue - Bard, Unfetereds Curse - Necro)

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Aug 21, 2015

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Oh hey I had no idea you guys were goons, I was the shaman in that group Gnoll incase you couldn't tell I was a goon from my barely comprehensible and probably-the-manifestation-of-a-deep-rooted-mental-illness OOC ramblings -- Sup brewskis

poo poo Gnoll your a goon too? Get yourself into Thunderdome, it seems we have more goons there then we thought. Infact I thought I was the only one until I saw Laharah post here today. You did a good job with us last night, and I hope you had as much fun as I did, because I was having a blast. MM has always been my favourite zone since the early days, and I always get a buzz grouping there.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Luclin models suck rear end

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

MageMage posted:

Swarm kite swarm kite swarm kite?

Swarm kite swarm kite, swarm kite swarm kite swarm kite!!!!!

I cant swarm kite:(

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Erdricks posted:

I just started in Red as a high elf enchanter. Delivering mail while watching netflix :toot:

I think I saw you in the bard guild in kelethin. I was the blue bard named Toccata.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

FranktheBank posted:

I just hit 11 from belts, ill wait for you. Also, I get bind at 14.

Thunderdome is alright by me, one of their officers PL'd a bunch of us in CB. All we had to do was run to him and got thorns/chloro/sln/sow

I did some pling in CB last night too. I just pulled the zone, sang my debuff song and let the TD lowbies bash away at the mobs. Got them Crush and Dvinn too. Was a real fun night.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Frankthebank, was grouped with you in Solb for double exp weekend on my bard Toccata, was a great group for my hell level.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

FranktheBank posted:

Was that the BnB group? or maybe it was Royals? Either way, its amazing how many goons I'm running into every day.

I was the bard that wanted to go for a ciggy when you had run out of mana, and you just wouldn't run out of mana.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I moved house a month ago, and when we got broadband up and running I have found I have no more desire to log into red with my bard Toccata.
It's a shame really, I love that bard but I just don't want to play anymore. May have something to do with being in a new house, lots of things to do. I may let my good friend have my account. He will be wondering where I have got too.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Bybus Slago posted:

Thats quite possible. The respawn time is a bit over 30 minutes, which barely gives it enough time to spawn twice at night, so it'd be hard to test without spending waaaay too much time there. Best just do log in at 9 and look around like everyone else.

I can make (or coincidental) the ac spawn at 9pm everytime I'm going through SRO at evening. And I've made a small fortune from him

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
OK ive had a couple of months of this game and now I'm starting to feel the itch again. Think ill have to log in Tocatta or Unfetereds on red pretty soon.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Is Lahara from red still trolling this thread?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Remember the old post pics or it didn't happen macro?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Shame that will never happen on 99.
Actually it isn't a shame because Luclin and everything after completely sucked loving balls

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Dirt posted:

Some things on this server never change

That dude has been standing there AFK every day for as long I can remember. Doesn't matter the day/time, he is there.

This reminded me of when EQ was in beta and there was this barbarian pc that was sat in a hobbit house in rivervale and if you ever went into this house he would shout. ' GET OUT'
This guy was there every loving day and did nothing else.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I am thinking of bringing my 48 bard named Toccata and my 45 necro Unfetereds out of retirement on red. Is my old guild Thunderdome still active? Also do Teg and Alharra still post here?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Pwnz0r posted:

I am still playing on red, still in <Thunderdome> since Empire disbanded. Apex currently raids ToV and kael/dain without any contest, they are struggling and having a hard time especially when 2-3 people throw them at the cleric chain and bash cheals, dispell slow off dragons. on top of that they can no longer kill Vyemm which mean no vulak loot. So they have an abundance of dozekar loot on all the characters, but doze loot is amazing, on par with vulak imo but he has those specific items ie abashi gharns rogue dagger etc. Anyway <Thunderdome> is still a raiding guild, and we take in new players whether they want to simply have people to group and level up with then decide if they wish to leave the guild and pursue loot and raid PVE(some do this, most burn out because they can't keep up with raid schedules on red. its way less then blue for the most part, but majority of end level red players are hardcore players that invest a lot of time and most have multiple/dozens of 60s/epic/geared out.

On that note, there is a 3rd guild called Epidemic. However they don't really support anyone sub 55 and they can't raid much. It is run by a core group of RL friends, the racism and just all around retarded stuff is like normal red server x50. They mostly PVP as a group rolling around looking for singles to pick off. Either way red is still good choice if you do not like the appeal of blue or waiting in line for raids, FTE etc. Exp on red is fast, even solo(quicker if you invite even 1 person to group, then simply level up even if 2nd player is afk leeching due to exp bonus). If you want easy loot, and quick gear Apex is an easy option if you play a cleric. MAYBE even rogues still, they go through both insanely fast, just like the top raid guild on red its always been a constant revolving door of recruits and guild held together by a core base. I can see why cheal chaining 5 days a week 8pm-12am EST would burn someone out fast. With the new pull changes to sneak, and FD some of ToV changed. Everything for the most part used to be pulled to the entrance of ToV, then the rest on the other side would be done cothing to safe spot near triplets, pulling them out, then pulling the rest ie lady mir/nev, koi, etc all to triplet room including vulak. Due to some of the changes, the pulls are more difficult/take more time, not sure if its due to learning curve or bad pullers or just plain changes made. Somehow they wiped to Zlandicar 8 times in a row with 35 players, they had killed it a few times prior to the new patch making the fear more resistable again I don't know if its just bugged or they suck to wipe to an easy dragon especially if fear was fixed but just whats been happening.

If you want to join TD feel free to post in the TD recruit thread, or look for me(Banksy) in game 1-60s welcome. I am currently in the process of leveling 4 alts, 2 are in the mid 30s range, ones 18 and another is 6. so I will be doing PL groups on the regular until all 4 new alts are at minimum 46-55. With the low population of red, you don't have to wait in line to get ring 8s. I have literally, 31 eyepatches of plunder across all my toons and alts(including 3 of the 4 alts im leveling) so getting one done is not impossible on red. Though most of the lodizal kills are done by myself, I lose a few here and there when 10-20 people are brought to kill it, usually though it spawns during raid times or off hours 4-5am EST etc. I give the lodizal maps away freely, just after belts mostly to sell. SF if you really want, once you pickup his timer or find it you can get it rather easy. If you have no help from anyone that can give you a starter gear kit and don't plan on being a cleric cheal cuck or anything, starting off as a rogue or a monk or most melee is rough regardless without a fungi or a PL to 40+ with a decent weapon and some hp rings/neck and misc mithril or other cheap armor. A wizard is probably the fastest to level up with quadding, epics for them are so stocked up no one barely kills VS anymore due to every guild having a dozen+ gnarled staves to MQ.

More people on red(even if you join apex I won't hate) would be cool, I don't like to go to blue asking people to come play. There are plenty of people willing to help with gear and PL on red however. I guess what I am saying is if you are coming to P99 or coming back, and you dont have a ton of items/toons already invested in blue and you are not perfectly content there. Give red a shot. Depending on what type of player you are, and if you want to play a support class like a cleric or enchanter bard etc -maybe- even a rogue if you can get started right, and level up fast or get in touch with their member base to let them know you are serious they will most likely epic you and PL you up to 55 then let you figure out exp on your own while not raiding. Thunderdome raids everything from halls of testing, to kunark dragons(VP included) to planes. we do various content, we don't really have a set raid time it depends entirely on whos on when they are on and who wants to raid or get something done(epic fights etc). Didn't really intend to make this a come play red post, just a glimpse of what red is like atm and what to expect if you do come or at the very least some of what to expect everyone has a different experience. If you have thin skin, you will most likely be run off before you hit level 25. OOC is server wide, so it can be chaotic when yellow text starts popping off in mass pvp or even a single kill but its just part of something to learn on red, theres always the ignore option.

Not sure who still plays on red from the goons, i know of atleast 3-4 people. we used to have around 20 easily that were all in the same guild. But with the new characters people made to gear up and changing of names, I don't remember many account names to game names. If you still play on red hit post up.

Who is you character? My bard and necro are still in Thunderdone, Tocotta and Unfetereds but i havent logged in for about s year

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I recently reinstalled and cranked up my old accounts on eq2 and lotro and my god non of those after an hour or so on each has rekindled my passion for those games. When I played p99 after an hour or so I was hooked for a whole year. I need to reinstall p99 sometime. Original eq is unique and I will always come back to it. P99 that is, not eq live

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Sankis posted:

In 7th (8th?) grade a friend and I were both going to get Everquest and play together. A bit later my dad took him and I to the store where I bought Everquest and also Diablo 2 which had just come out.

We went back to my house and and he made a character on my account that I was to later delete so he could make him at home: a half elf warrior named Sankis. We (mostly I) played Everquest and he eventually got angry at me because he wanted to switch over to Diablo 2 at some point. He ended up never buying the game and I kept playing, and using the name, Sankis.

I only got him up to level 25 or so in the two years I played. I also had a 27ish mage named Nilien. I wish I'd gotten to play the game more but I had a chronic case of altitis.

You was on Innoruuk right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Maybe its time for a reset back to classic