Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
So, I made an Emo album cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

shirunei posted:

Hit 60 on the Shaman tonight. Thanks to Daaz for making that last 20% a breeze.

So I've got a 60 shaman with like 2 million invested into his gear spells already. What the hell do I do now?

Get carpal tunnel from Canni/Torporing

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

Groovelord Neato posted:

Had the blade fiend pop last night and won the roll on the Gladius which I had been looking forward to until yahweh passed me the Large Dragonbone Shard some good samaritan had gifted his alt the night before.

Really missed that feeling of regrouping with people several zones later - you don't get that in any other MMO. It's nice even two decades later you can still build a reputation where people want to group with you or you can laugh about bad pulls and trains from past zones. Had a couple of our Crushbone groupmates who we hooked up with in Unrest ask us how Kurns was even.

Velious loot is hilarious for giving to alts. Bards PLing in Dragon Necropolis just give away PSCs or let them lot. My guild killed Kelorek'Dar and he dropped two of his 9/20 daggers that no one wanted and I just have to a brand new rogue I made. 1 week respawn Velious dragon loot.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler
I remember having a folder of maps from Allakhzam because I had to print them out since I couldn't alt+tab to the other window.

As it goes now, P99 is essentially solved and has been for years. Guilds several years ago did some low person kills in NToV of like 18-24 , but right now the late game really sucks because 1 guild has the numbers and their leaders hate everyone else (while also donating enough to not get banned). Every other guild for the most part work amicably and acknowledge mistakes. It still sucks if you aren't one of the top 3 guilds, but 2 of those are willing to work with you and let you try a mob instead of leapfrogging you.

Being a part of one of those remaining guilds, I am so happy about the quarterly draft. It gives people targets they can go after mobs they can do, but can't sock 16 hours on. The biggest mobs that guilds have a hard time with are going to be Tunare, Sontalak, and Klandikar. Tunare isn't too bad, except for the zone clearing required and in the past she was exploited by training out of range. My guild has grouped up for Klandikar and joined in a sever wide Sontalak raid, but those team ups exist because most guilds are reasonable.

This is a long post to basically say gently caress Vanquish.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol using a map program. I'll never not have the hand drawn maps in a browser tab.

wow, never memorized how to run through Skyshrine (except to armor quest mobs or Yelinak)

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

retpocileh posted:

Iksar is the minmax pick because of racial regen, but drat are they stupid looking in robes. Also, I'm pretty sure you get ultra/infravision spells outright if not built into your DMF/Lich spells right?

If you aren't in skeleton form, are you even necroing?

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler
Experience calculations in Everquest are also really crazy.

Players in a group share experience based on their current experience number and experience needed is based on class and race. In theory, it makes everyone level at a relatively similar level, but in practice, that loving Ogre or Troll is eating all that extra experience. In a group, there is a group experience bonus that really kicks in at 6 people. The only way I got through level 59 on my Shaman was soloing rats in the basement of Plane of Mischief with it's good zone experience modifier.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

aparmenideanmonad posted:

For sure, though the worst of it is ancient history at this point.

There was a player enforced draft now that occurs every other month and the real toxic people decided that they didn't like that 6 weeks a year they didn't get 90% of the pixels, so they dropped out. The draft immediately became 100% GM enforced.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

Bybus Slago posted:

I've heard some crazy stories from the EQ PvP scene and goddamn it really was the wild west back then. The lengths people will go for numbers and internet dragons is nothing short of astounding.

https://www.notacult.com/fansythefamous.htm

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler
Planar armors are all kinds of messed up because the devs at the time thought every character should be well rounded.

You get things like these:
https://wiki.project1999.com/Rune_Etched_Helm
https://wiki.project1999.com/Insidious_Slippers
https://wiki.project1999.com/Indicolite_Boots
https://wiki.project1999.com/Vermiculated_Gloves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler
I got really lucky when I was leveling my first character on P99 that there was a group of people around the same level and played at the same time with a leader that wanted to go through all the Kunark dungeons. There is so much content that gets lost because it isn't easy/optimal or drops good gear.