Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
so i got tricked into playing this by two losers and now im some troll in a swamp trying to not get my fragile skull stomped in by frogs and mushrooms holding weapons. im also starving to death and broke as gently caress. im also that in the game too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

god the swamp loving sucks.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

please knock Mom! posted:

Do /friend Akrar, I can help make it suck less

I'm level 5 now, which i think means I can finally escape to a new map and start doing other things.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

swamp still sucks rear end, but at least im level 6 now. might actually start getting into groups and investing some time instead of just semi-afk levelling while i wait for mana to refill

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

yeah meditate would help a bunch. SoW would help with running to guards if i lose fights. just a slow wait between each fight.

I also learned there's a few quests i can do, so my goal now is to get 6 froglok meats.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

DisgracelandUSA posted:

If you can find 1-2 other people, you can go into the beginning of upper guk. I guess the ZEM is nerfed but it's probably better than innothule.

I think there's a quest to get raw hide armor if you give some dude 4 fungus spores and then give the pie that guy gives you to another guy. Don't underestimate the power you get from crappy armor at low levels!!!! Kill those fungus man trackers!

E: also, don't forget to start on the regent symbol of innoruuk quest at some point. It's the only way shaman get snare.

oh what? i should maybe look up the snare spell quest. im getting froglok meats because i get a slightly good glove from it, and if i get another pair and continue another quest, i get a 4 ac +14 mana offhand

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

oh rip. also i can't do this kaglari doll quest until i find someone who can cook me these pickled froglok

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

im on green

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Meatgrinder posted:

Honestly get like a few stacks of the meat, dump 21 points into cooking at a trainer and just brute force the recipe. Getting cooking up will serve you later on anyway.

probably a good idea, but froglok meat seems to be an extremely rare drop.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Pillow Armadillo posted:

There are those Froglok slaves in East Cabilis that will drop the meat for you. Right by the Field of Bone zoneline.

seems like an adventure to get from Grobb to field of bone. i think im just gonna sit on this meat i have for a level or two and dump training into baking. maybe also try to find some bat spawns and slowly train that way too. i THINK bat wings are a cooking ingredient for lowbies?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

i've had people ask me if i wanted to group but im always spontaneously going afk to do real life things so i don't want to be an inconvenience to anyone

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Omg so many new players, makes me want to roll a new guy too. Class xp penalties were removed today, by the way.

would answer why i somehow went from 6 to 7 so fast off random blue froglok fishermen.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

went from like 65 pp to 24pp buying my level 14 spells.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

gently caress all of the kunark area.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

I have about 20p to my name so my 16 spells are going to bankrupt me lol

yeah i stocked up my 14 spells so im gonna have to start killing green mobs for weapons and staffs.

selling bone chips was a wash nobody wants them.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

https://discord.gg/s7SCpDwK

This is the p99 tunnelquest discord. It logs sell/buy messages in EC. Real help if you wanna sell stuff, people use it a lot for that.

whats the diff between the tunnel streams and the classic tunnel streams?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

oh forgot to mention that im on Green and my character is Krinjj the troll shaman. i mostly chill in EC tunnels and am a huge coward.

E: ALSO gently caress KUNARK

Dizz fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 14, 2021

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

spent like an entire day in Kurn's and went from 13 to 19. mostly a relaxing endeavor except for that one iksar warrior who was borderline psychopathic in wanting to be under 30% hp and refusing heals and buffs.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

i believe the dude was twinked out of his eyeballs, but it was still dumb to not accept a boost in strength, dex, HP, and AC especially when pulling multiple skellies.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

Interesting...

no thanks to you, mister hoity toity ghoulbane fucker

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

blond haired twink expects to glide in the water while wearing heavy gear and a shield.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

my goal today is to hit level 22 and maybe find enough safe mobs in south karana because it's a giant empty mess and i need to constantly avoid any roaming bird man that doesn't con blue.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

48 Hour Boner posted:

Go over to Lake Rathetar and kill gnolls by the zone border! They turn into undead at night!

yeah there was an enchanter there killing mobs and he was gracious enough to give it to me minutes before daytime came.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

p99 discord red channel is some of the saddest poo poo i've seen ever.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Kild posted:

They're very sad about the state of red, and want a new red since it's existed for nearly 10 years like how blue got a green.

i dont get it. do they want to restart progress or something? I figured it was mainly a pvp serverand you'd want nice loot.

unless their idea of pvp fun is just ganking people ten levels lower than them for hours then yeah i'd see why they would cry

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

same reason we still can't change UIs.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

green is the "new server" and thus they've gone great lengths to force you to enjoy the "old everquest experience"

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

i had a self found monk and started working on a cleric but the cleric got stuck at 21 because Unrest loving sucks and you either find a good party or do nothing at all. game's fun but it has some severe issues sometimes, especially when you don't have friends to level with.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

are SKs any good at soloing? i dumped all my cash into my cleric but sitting at unrest LFG 24/7 loving blows dick so im considering iksar sk

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

i'd be fresh. too lazy to resell my cleric stuff and liquidate it to SK gear.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

groups are great but god drat is the exp split painful. i can get like 2 levels solo if i have a spot and confidence to handle a mob or two, but with a party i can do 8 hours and i get like 80% of a bar.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

upsetting that lots of casters are perfect for soloing but none of the melees are minus monk but i guess it's a given when you have tons of safety utility. i hope an untwinked shadowknight is fun for solo/party until like 40-45 when i will most likely burn out again

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

yeah im under the impression that 1-50 might be fine solo since the devs didn't know how hard they should tweak mob numbers, and then dumped tons of stats into expansion mobs.

E: also answers why almost all classic items are absolute dogshit or you get them too late to be useful because an item good for a level 20-30 drops off some level 40-50 mob in an endgame dungeon.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

kinda interested in what a 6 bard party can do.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

A Strange Aeon posted:

Who the hell logs off to poop anyway? loving casual

one time i went to yell at my cat because he was playing in the litterbox and came back dead and naked so gently caress being afk in dangerous places.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

What is the cool head model for male ogres? i want a good one for my ogre SK.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

i mean helmet armors.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

im considering trying out Project Lazarus just to experience all the other cool poo poo eq has on a server that isn't permalocked to primitive expansions.

only roadblock is setting up MQ2 with the proper bot macros for my alts.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

dizzywhip posted:

Is anyone else following the LanternEQ project? They're recreating the classic EQ client for modern systems in Unity. They just released a big update so I decided to try it out and it's really impressive. Still very early in development and far from complete, but it's fun to mess around with. Runs very smoothly in super high res on macOS which is awesome. It's local single player only right now, but eventually it's supposed to be able to hook into emulated servers like p99.

i've seen a few videos and i figured it was just some taped up unity project. if they actually get this to work with p99 AND the admins accept it, it will be big for removing bugs from the old client.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I am super excited for Quarm. I hope it pops off.