Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Imgur's "I'm not a misogynist" rebuttal is "as long as it's both ways!" for everything.

For an image hosting service, they sure as hell love the artifacted, filtered and poorly spelled poo poo.

Sad manchild post here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

RareAcumen posted:

What's your favorite dumb imgur platitude? Mine is 'I'm not racist, I hate everyone!' I'm sure you hear them talking about those drat whites [that aren't Jews] all the time.

I'm not racist, I just hate the bad ones!

As a [minority being criticized in this post], I [am going to prove to you that I am one of the good ones please don't hurt me]. None of this is actually true. I am in fact a sad, fat white man sitting on a computer that I bought with my meager paycheck in my parent's house.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
As a disabled black lesbian trans woman, I too agree with a fictional character that is the depiction of violent, untreated mental illness.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Oh wow, look at this cool toy for adults and kids and the family that is enjoying it!

:catstare:

Marius Pontmercy has a new favorite as of 19:50 on Oct 20, 2015

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Cosima posted:

It's such a bizarre attitude. A friend of a friend recently had a baby girl and now he often talks about how when she becomes a teenager he's never letting her leave the house because he's worried about her having sex. It's like dude she's 8 months old why the gently caress are you thinking about this?

It's because literally all he thinks women are good for is having sex with. If he would be horrified to have you say this to him, maybe he needs to hear it.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

RatHat posted:

Keenan is biracial :ssh:

His name is Keegan :ssh:.

And Jordan Peele is biracial too.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/pqyEYax

In which idiots need a basic life skill like making small talk broken down into an awkward video game analogy in order to understand it.

Oh yes, good idea. Talk about cars in terms of physics. Both of these people are terrible at carrying on a conversation. This was literally the best example?

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Good morning! Here's some people saying blackface is funny.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

kazil posted:

Natural selection in humans still works because none of these neckbeards ever get laid

If imgur posts are to be believed* they all meet and gently caress each other.

*they aren't

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

twistedmentat posted:

So like why would you post a long rear end story to twitter?
So you look insane.

http://imgur.com/a/WDwyW

Even if nothing about that was true, it had me laughing pretty hard. I give it a pass.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
I really hate that the Internet has made me defend Caitlyn Jenner.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Kimmalah posted:

Some of them are so ridiculously paranoid about it that now they're recommending guys wear body cameras 24/7 to film all of their interactions.

"The court will now view these 8 hours recorded on a body camera as evidence that the defendant is not guilty."

I hope they mount them in a visible area so that women know who to avoid.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Thin Privilege posted:

I didn't get a Childfree vibe from that at all...

Unless it was uploaded to imgur to post on r/Childfree?

I'm sorry but your Cecily av gets me every time.

Re: Childfree, I always kind of giggle when I see people who are in their early 20s talking about how they are childfree. Like...that's pretty normal. I'm 27 and I don't have kids and on Halloween I went to a friend's house, got drunk and came home at 2am. All the people at the party were my age or older. None of them had kids. Never once did the subject of us not having children come up. It seems weird to be obsessed with telling people you are so glad you don't have kids.

Marius Pontmercy has a new favorite as of 04:02 on Nov 3, 2015

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Thin Privilege posted:

I'm glad my avatar brings joy to the hearts of goons.

A lot of the Childfree weirdness is because of family/social/DOCTOR pressures to have kids; e.g., family hounding you every time "when you gonna have a babby", Doctor refusing medical procedures because "you may want babby some day." So people get pretty frustrated and so the backlash is kind of a byproduct of that built up frustration. Not that it isn't funny or over the top, like that story where some goth threw ketchup on some kids in mcdonalds because they were loud.

I mean, I get it in a lot of ways. I'm a lesbian and I get told at the gynecologist that I should be taking prenatal vitamins because "you never know when it can happen!" (I do! It would involve rape!), but:
1) why are people who are so anti-kid be thinking constantly and posting constantly about how they don't have kids and defining themselves as anti-child
2) how many of these people end up just having kids

Whenever I meet people who are virulently childfree, I get the distinct impression that the lady doth protest too much. Or I hang out with too many gay people who have no prospect of reproducing so we don't obsess about it and talk about things that have nothing to do with children because we are adults. My favorite restaurant/bar is 21 and over for a reason, though. Sweet, sweet silence.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Nope. She wrote me a script for prenatal vitamins. I did not choose to fill it. I should also mention that during this appointment, I specifically asked to go on birth control because of cramps. So even if I was getting porked on the regular by a man, I clearly didn't want to get pregnant. Oh, she also tried to sell me on the prenatal vitamins by telling me it would make me hair grow. I have short hair. Like, boy-short. I hate having my hair grow. It just means more haircuts. But now I'm at an LGBT friendly doctor's office where the most awkward thing they ask is my pronouns multiple times within a visit.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Aesop Poprock posted:

These people enjoy any sort of fantasy about women being owned or put in their place and are willing to completely ignore the fact that 99% of them are complete stdh. it's not much more complex than that

I wonder how many people called this non-existent woman a oval office in the comments. It's rampant in the comments, like a bunch of teenagers who just figured out it's one of the meanest things you can say to a woman.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

CommunistPancake posted:

how do you have no friends if you have a boyfriend

They've been dating since they were 18 and talk to no one else. #relationshipgoals

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
I think at the time Carrie was jazzed about the slave girl costume, but she was also on a lot of coke. I don't think she's a big fan of it now.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Someone only read the headline of that news story.

Actually that's literally all of imgur. Nevermind.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

I don't want to have passionate, loving sex for hours on end with man, you guys! I'm totally not gay!

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Monicro posted:

I actually follow Veerender on twitter and he's the most absurdly sweet dude, it's so sad :smith:

I usually don't like making blanket statements about people from a certain religion, but I have never met a Sikh person who has been anything but so so nice. My Sikh mechanic gave me 10% off the part I just got replaced on my girlfriend's car because I live down the street this weekend.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
And again, the fuckability meter comes into play.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Shayu posted:

However, they make good twinks for the same reason so it balances out.

hackbunny posted:

In fact transwomen are actually at a disadvantage because they have zero testosterone (I wonder if they'll get to take supplements like male athletes with testicular cancer can). Of course their fuckability (the true measure of the female athlete) is still rock-bottom so the point is moot.

How fuckable are trans athletes?

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
You said trans men's (sometimes) smaller builds make them better twinks. And thus more fuckable by people who are into twinks. Stop being purposefully dense.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
I ordered Starbucks via the app the other day because I was buying for a few people and it was awful how much I enjoyed busting in there, jumping the line and busting out in front of 6 people in line.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
There was the case of a lady in Michigan firing her concealed weapon at a car that was driven by someone who had shoplifted. Luckily the gun people had the good sense to admonish this behavior and I believe she got her CCW license suspended or revoked.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
It's because of a thyroid disorder. That wouldn't count!

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

twistedmentat posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/55qjCIY

I assume this guys date was in her 80s?

I assume he used such things as "soap" and "not enough cologne to kill a canary."

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Klaus88 posted:

I came here to post this. :qqsay:

Welp, have this instead.

http://imgur.com/gallery/JhTZYjl

I also had that baking one bookmarked for later. My partner doesn't play games and neither do I, but I'm very glad these people have different hobbies, take that feminazis. If this is a woman, I'm just really sad that she thinks that her dude is turned on by her hating feminists and she feels that she needs to tell other people that because he must be really insecure.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

quote:

I know how you feel my gf dumped me over the phone a week before we were supposed to move in together. gently caress that girl.

I hope this happened so bad.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Gaunab posted:

From the comments:

Sounds like the man in that relationship got custody because he was interested in it and therefore doesn't have pay alimony or child support. Almost the way it's supposed to work.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
It sounds like he's making a lot more than her, but generally the courts agree.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

The Mentalizer posted:

Aside from those issues being completely unrelated, how the hell does a person have an issue with equal pay and maternity leave?

These bills come up every so often in Congress and they still have a majority voting against them, including female congress members. But also equal pay involves things that libertarians don't like, including more union-based pay policies, publishing pay schedules for employees and moving away from pay negotiations. Also once women start to dominate a field, it becomes lower paying and less important. See: teaching.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
:catstare:
:dogout:

Like imgur men aren't already a plague unto human women. Why are they adding dogs?

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Fathis Munk posted:

Idiots on Imgur : Do not gently caress her dog

Though tbh probably this is stdh :happened:

Dogs lose the ability to suck after they are weaned off milk. Sorry to "ruin" it for everyone.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Jerry Cotton posted:

What's mo7mo7?

That loving chili recipe makes me so mad. Why do you need to shake your spice mixture!? Why are you just putting the exact spices that are in that spice packet in!? You're not even adding like something new and interesting. You are not a bad rear end because you can make chili. Add in waffles and scrambled eggs and you are a grill away from being a Midwestern dad.

And there are like three vegetables in that entire album: some bell peppers, what amounts to a spring in the crunchwrap, and tomatoes. They're all getting scurvy.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

CommunistPancake posted:

don't forget the green beans in the chili

Canned green beans, no less. Satan's vegetable.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Looked at the author's deviant art page. She is 32 years old and drawing furries and video game girls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
He didn't include that the "black friend" then told him to stop being so loving racist or I'll report you to HR again, Kevin.

• Locked thread